The Great Debate - Poll of Polls

Do I believe It Is Michael On The Three Tracks In Question.

• Yes

Votes: 152 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 135 35.2%
  • I Can Not Decide

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • Maybe in Parts

Votes: 73 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh i'm disappointed with this poll. There was no 'MJ and other artist' option. i have a feeling quite a few people would have gone with that option. this mistake was made in the last big poll thread aswell.

the words "love" and "hater" are being overused.

before calling other haters, one should think twice. stop labelling people something they are not.

being Michael's fans, we should know better.

I see the thread is heading to a danger zone :ninja:

As a Michael Jackson fanatic, pop music observer/critic, and singer with pitch and range that kick ass (sorry to boast but it's the truth), in addition to being privileged to have spent time with Michael (as many old timers on the board who know my story will attest), I believe my observation and opinion have value and hold some weight.

I'm sorry but I almost stopped reading after you said this.

^Fiona: Hope for what? A total disillusioned fanbase? Michael's future legacy?

So you would rather believe they are genuine just so you don't feel disillusioned?

I've never felt so disillusioned in all my years as a Michael fan. But I'm a realist. The Cascio songs don't sound like Michael's vocals and it's ruined the whole album for me. But IMO, it's the truth.

I don't like feeling this way and would give anything to believe that these songs are real. But I'm not going to talk myself into it just so I don't feel disillusioned.

So you would rather believe they are genuine just so you don't feel disillusioned?

I've never felt so disillusioned in all my years as a Michael fan. But I'm a realist. The Cascio songs don't sound like Michael's vocals. I hate that and it's ruined the whole album for me. But IMO, it's the truth.

I don't like feeling this way and would give anything to believe that these songs are real. But I'm not going to talk myself into it just so I don't feel disillusioned.

No, it's not a coping stragedy. It's that I don't have anything to cope with (except for missing Michael, which is well enough), as I believe all tracks are real and Michael. It's just that I don't understand why you would want anyone to hear what you hear so that no fan will enjoy this new album anymore. It's sad enough that many fans doubt the vocals, but let the ones that do enjoy the songs enjoy please. There is no convincing us without solid proof and Malachi sound-alike moments aren't gonnna cut it. We all know he sounds like Michael in the low register of voice especially. That doesn't make those songs Malachi. Legal undisputable proof will convince me, until then I let Michael's voice on these songs convince me. And they are convincing to me.

You probably think I (and those like me) are blissfully ignorant, as we believe you are missing out on joy and soaking in your misery over all this. Both sad, isn't it?

No, it's not a coping stragedy. It's that I don't have anything to cope with (except for missing Michael, which is well enough), as I believe all tracks are real and Michael. It's just that I don't understand why you would want anyone to hear what you hear so that no fan will enjoy this new album anymore. It's sad enough that many fans doubt the vocals, but let the ones that do enjoy the songs enjoy please. There is no convincing us without solid proof and Malachi sound-alike moments aren't gonnna cut it. We all know he sounds like Michael in the low register of voice especially. That doesn't make those songs Malachi. Legal undisputable proof will convince me, until then I let Michael's voice on these songs convince me. And they are convincing to me.

If you feel so comfortable putting your faith in Sony Music then good for you. I personally wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

A legal challenge to Sony Music would be like a modern day David and Goliath. Sony wouldn't have done this if they felt like they were in any way vulnerable. They know it's a massive question mark and almost impossible to prove one way or the other. That is why they gave the go-ahead to release questionnable vocals.

I would rather put my faith in:

a) my own ears (which tell me that it isn't Michael)
b) Michael's own words ("Record companies lie and they cheat.")
c) The words of Michael's own mother and nephew.

^I don't think Sony has to gain anything by deliberately putting fake vocals on an album. It would just endanger the success this album of future projects. Besides, if they were to use fake vocals they could have gotten much better quality ones. It's much more logical that they had work with the low quality vocals Michael for the result to be as such. Also, the Jackson family is not very trustworthy as they do have something to gain by sabotaging Michael projects. Maybe just maybe the Estate ot Sony will give them money to shut up. But, in the end the point of ears is not a very objective one, but to ourselves the most convincing of them all I guess. That our ears tell us different things cannot be changed by all circumstantial facts and doubts. So, in the end this discussion will have no breakthrough without court evidence. That's why the Jackson's (no David in this matter) should sue to get the objective and only truth out there. It would be such a relief for the fan community.

^I don't think Sony has to gain anything by deliberately putting fake vocals on an album. It would just endanger the success this album of future projects. Besides, if they were to use fake vocals they could have gotten much better quality ones. It's much more logical that they had work with the low quality vocals Michael for the result to be as such. Also, the Jackson family is not very trustworthy as they do have something to gain by sabotaging Michael projects. Maybe just maybe the Estate ot Sony will give them money to shut up. But, in the end the point of ears is not a very objective one, but to ourselves the most convincing of them all I guess. That our ears tell us different things cannot be changed by all circumstantial facts and doubts. So, in the end this discussion will have no breakthrough without court evidence. That's why the Jackson's (no David in this matter) should sue to get the objective and only truth out there. It would be such a relief for the fan community.

If they really only have 17 songs left with complete vocals then they have a huge incentive to include the Cascio songs.

Well, the Estate has more or less confirmed that only one new album with new material will be released after Michael, so 17 would be more than enough. Also, some say there are hundereds of songs in the vault. These reports vary quite a bit. I'm thinking they won't include anymore Cascio songs though. The backlash from fans like yourself and their boycotting and negative reviews has been too strong to deny. This is one more reason to believe the vocals are not fake, as they would have done a better job at faking to avoid this mess in the first place. It's possible to do it better with technology. Why didn't they? Because Michael left his vocals, in a very raw condition that is.

Also, the Jackson family is not very trustworthy as they do have something to gain by sabotaging Michael projects.

And Sony has nothing to gain by claiming the songs are Michael Jackson's?

And Sony has nothing to gain by claiming the songs are Michael Jackson's?

Whatever the answer to this question is, it doesn't make the Jacksons any more trustworthier.

But my answer would be: No, in the end not. Sony is no saint, but they are not stupid either. If this would turn out to be fraud they flushed 250 million down the drain as Michael and all future projects would be tainted and sell considerably less, but worse for them their own reputation. This is a record label with many more artists than Michael. Those artists would not want to be on this label anymore, people would not buyt their cd's and other products anymore. It's not worth taking this risk when you have perfectly fine MJ songs in the vault.

Also, don't forget: The Estate has picked these songs, not Sony. For the Estate it's even less logical to put fake songs on a highly anticipated MJ album. They are the main protectors and beneficiaries of Michael's posthumous legacy.

Unless they did it on purpose so that they'd have reason to sell the catalog to sony?

Unless they did it on purpose so that they'd have reason to sell the catalog to sony?

That would be the only logical reasoning behind it. But if that's the case, The Estate would have to be named also in a lawsuit and Sony would have to be free of any wrongdoing. They already shot themselves in the foot with that one, by releasing the album to the public and making financial gain from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back