The Home Video Prince Doesn't Want You to See

Re: The Home Video Prince Doesn't Want You to See

^^ O...K.. exaggeration much?!

Not really... if videos break YouTube's rules then they ought to be removed (and even then I have a problem with these rules). But if they simply offend us (and even if the majority doesn't like it), taking it away would be a very authoritarian thing to do, hence the Stalinist remark.

Ironically, the way these videos spread around the community is through distressed fans spreading the links in counter-productive forums like "Enough Is Enough".

On the other hand, what Prince is doing is akin to the extreme opposite.... radical capitalism.

I don't know which scenario is more pathetic.

please can someone tell me what the problem is?
cause I Cant see it :(
im really sorry

didn't Prince broke away from warner years ago?? All that writting slave on his face and changing his name to a symbol. I don't know if Prince is on speaking terms with warner
after breaking away to controll his own music.

didn't Prince broke away from warner years ago?? All that writting slave on his face and changing his name to a symbol. I don't know if Prince is on speaking terms with warner
after breaking away to controll his own music.
Warners owns the master recordings for the music Prince actually released there (but not stuff that he recorded during the period and not turned in to them) and they can do just about anything they want with the stuff, but Prince does own his publishing so he still makes money from Warners. Prince owns all of the masters to music he released after he left. As far as Youtube goes, Warners blocks most all of their music (which includes their other labels like Sire, Atlantic, Elektra, Rhino, Maverick, etc.), not just Prince's. But Prince was using Web Sherriff on his own to block stuff not owned by Warners like concert footage, unreleased songs, and post Warner Brothers music. He even blocks remakes of his songs by other acts or songs he wrote for other people. He co-wrote some songs with one of his proteges Jill Jones and Web Sherriff or Prince's lawyers had her videos taken down. Jill wrote a blog about it and wasn't too happy about Prince's actions. I don't know if Prince or Warner Brothers has control of Daily Motion (which is non-USA). I haven't been there in a long time, but there was a lot of Prince stuff there, but don't know if its still there now. Daily Motion doesn't have the 10 minute time limits either, but their site is kinda slow running at times which is why I don't go there.

please can someone tell me what the problem is?
cause I Cant see it :(
im really sorry

There was a video of a baby dancing with Prince's music playing in the background. He got it removed because he doesn't allow his stuff to be shown on youtube or anywhere else it seems..except where he says.

He really is a pathetic human.Love the music but can't stand the man.He's in trouble in Ireland at the moment for cancelling a concert like 10 days before the gig with no reason or apology.I hope they screw him for every cent they can get.Grade A a**hole in my opinion.

I like Prince, but this is too much. Think god I'm hardly not interested in him. (and I know the lawsuit is old, and BTW what was the result of it?) I like a little bit of his music (only because I have heard a little bit of it Purple Rain, When Doves Cry and a tiny few) but not his attitude.

And how did one of his music videos on youtube, not gonna tell which stay there for that long without youtube getting rid of it. For some reason it's still there?

He really is a pathetic human.Love the music but can't stand the man.He's in trouble in Ireland at the moment for cancelling a concert like 10 days before the gig with no reason or apology.I hope they screw him for every cent they can get.Grade A a**hole in my opinion.
that is sad to say the sentiment shared by some folks in and out of the business about him. great talent, however on the personal side he left some folks cold.

if he allowed youtube to show his stuff a whole new audience could appreciate his talents.

Not sure if this has been said or not because i didnt read the whole thread...but Warner Music artist/music etc is not allowed on youtube. I work with an artist who falls under this and all of his music videos/etc had to be removed from youtube. so more than likely it is more so the company and not Prince himself...tho this case IS a bit extreme...29 seconds and baby? it is what it is...record labels are greedy...morals do not exist in the music industry :)

Back