The Home Video Prince Doesn't Want You to See

Well, not to defend Prince, I too think he is going overboard with his whole "protecting his image", but I doubt that he one day personally checked out Youtube, saw that video and called up his lawyers to sue this family! His orders are more likely to go after any unauthorized use of his images and sounds, which is his damn right, whether we agree with it or not! And if the lawyers or company, who are in charge of fullfilling that task, don't have any common sense, then you have this outcome, which makes him look like an idiot![/b]
Yes. You are correct. It is his right.

Just like it will be the right of consumers and fans who will soon be in the 'former' column not to support him at all anymore.

Maybe that is what he wants...

Yeah, you're right... he's kinda sending mixed messages! I don't know... after seeing and hearing his awesome shows and aftershows this summer, it seems kinda strange that this is the same man who basically goes after his fans, who are supporting and promoting him! But whatever... I'm a fan of his music and showmanship and not neccesarily of him as a person... although I (still) have a great deal of respect for him!

Well its hard not to have respect for him. He's Prince, lol. But he's acting like a snob, and its not gonna help him in the long run.

Yeah, it's both Prince and WB.

Unfortunately....[/b]

Oh O.K. thanks for clairifying Mello.

Ya know, it's not even worth being a Prince fan anymore if this and all the other rediculous things are true Re; a certain fan-site etc.

The conclusion I've come to; it's just simply to hard to access anything Prince does, there fore it's just too hard to be a Prince fan. The man makes it too hard. You need to allow your fans to reach you, you need to reach your audience. He's not allowing this to happen, so therefore he won't have one.

But is he really washed-up? No, selling-out stadiums throughout the U.S and Canada for the 2003-2004 sessions? No. He'll always have it....I just don't know how far he can go with it. He cuts everyone off!

Sad story. So much talent, yet bad business sense. If he wants to reach an audience, break the gap and let ALL your music reach the generations....young and old. Now that's how an artist's legacy lives on forever. People remember where they were and what happened when they hear a particular song. They become bookmarks for moments in our lives.

Hope this works itself out....if for anyone, the innocent fan and child that were only showing their admiration for an artist who inspired them.

In theatre arts we are taugth to the value the product that we sell (which is ourselves) and I respect Prince's right to protect his image. I would really like to learn his rationale for his extreme behaviour. There must be a reason.

In theatre arts we are taugth to the value the product that we sell (which is ourselves) and I respect Prince's right to protect his image. I would really like to learn his rationale for his extreme behaviour. There must be a reason.

if this is how he treats his fans, I'd hate to see how he responds to haters! what an ass wipe!!!

he has 2 of these ($ $) instead of pupils I guess!

Re: The Home Video Prince Doesn't Want You to See

Prince and his former record company, Warner Bros., are suing this woman for unauthorized use of his recordings in the videotape of her baby dancing to 'Let's Get Crazy'. Prince has hired a UK firm to search the Internet for anyone using his recordings without his permission (read: without compensating him).

Now I love Prince, but he REALLY needs to get over it. He's risking a fan backlash over this, because as you know, many fans use artists music to make fan tribute videos. Further, the use of Prince's music in that video is incidental and clearly not for profit.

I'm glad that the family is countersuing because this shyt is going too far. And it's all in the name of pure greed.

What a prattish thing to do.

If his team can regulate his fans like that (regarding having videos of his music, footage or photographs etc) then why couldn't MJ's team regulate the haters who post horrid videos on youtube using the same stuff.

I agree and I think it is silly; however, if the man does not want his music used, keep it private and do not put it on Youtube if you put it on your family films.

I agree. If Prince is going to steadfastly hold on to this belief, then to let one person do it, no matter how cute, it leaves the door open for everyone to infringe on his work if that's how he sees it. The mother should just keep it private.

HOWEVER, THANK GOD every artist doesn't feel that way about youtube. All the Michael videos of him by fans and his own work have really been another gift that is immensely appreciated and for me, needed.

If his team can regulate his fans like that (regarding having videos of his music, footage or photographs etc) then why couldn't MJ's team regulate the haters who post horrid videos on youtube using the same stuff.
Because Mike would get the same treatment by fans as Prince does. Prince is all about control, and always has been. Ask any of his old employees, band members, proteges, etc. This is also why he tends to just play all of the instruments himself on his records. I take it you've never been to a Prince fansite. They praise his music (mainly his older stuff) but tend to insult Prince himself. Prince even wrote a song (which he only released on his old website) about the fansites called PFUnk. Prince has threatened lawsuits against his own fansites, would you have really wanted Mike to do that here? Prince has uploaded a few songs from his album of this year Lotusflow3r on Youtube. But it has been rumored that he made a deal with Youtube to pay him for this use. This baby video thing is really old news though, I'm not sure why it was dug up, lol.

Because Mike would get the same treatment by fans as Prince does. Prince is all about control, and always has been. Ask any of his old employees, band members, proteges, etc. This is also why he tends to just play all of the instruments himself on his records. I take it you've never been to a Prince fansite. They praise his music (mainly his older stuff) but tend to insult Prince himself. Prince even wrote a song (which he only released on his old website) about the fansites called PFUnk. Prince has threatened lawsuits against his own fansites, would you have really wanted Mike to do that here? Prince has uploaded a few songs from his album of this year Lotusflow3r on Youtube. But it has been rumored that he made a deal with Youtube to pay him for this use. This baby video thing is really old news though, I'm not sure why it was dug up, lol.

Thanks for the info.. I didn't know all that. Wow..seems Prince doesn't have a good relationship with his fans. I didn't mean for Michael to ban everyone using his photographs, music and footage, I just meant could he have stopped the offensive videos against him, have had them removed?

Because that would be a Stalinist thing to do.

This man should stop... this is becaming so pathetic... Months ago i tried to find some footage of him and i couldn't find anything... everything is deleted now...

This man should stop... this is becaming so pathetic... Months ago i tried to find some footage of him and i couldn't find anything... everything is deleted now...
You can find some of his videos and interviews on sites like BET.com, Rollingstone.com, NBC.com, PBS.com, etc. But they mainly have his more popular songs. Prince & his "people" (nor Warners) never bothers with these types of sites. You can also find many pictures of him on Getty Images (although they have a logo on them). I guess he considers them legit.

You can find some of his videos and interviews on sites like BET.com, Rollingstone.com, NBC.com, PBS.com, etc. But they mainly have his more popular songs. Prince & his "people" (nor Warners) never bothers with these types of sites. You can also find many pictures of him on Getty Images (although they have a logo on them). I guess he considers them legit.

Thank you.I will do that.The last time I tried i found nothing and I was dissapointed.. you will laugh but the first time I saw he doesn't have videos in youtube i thought - Maybe he don't have much fans... :p So Prince should stop doing this... it makes bad impression! :p Thanks again! :)

Pretty much.

Timmy where have you been all my life?

On Prince: Prince has been ridiculous now for quite some time.... his losing alot of fans because of his attitude. Its one thing to sue when someone is stealing something that is not theres but its another to be over the top with it. If he was to stop with this stupid crap his doing now, he probably would have more fans BECAUSE of youtube and other network sites.

Because that would be a Stalinist thing to do.

^^ O...K.. exaggeration much?!

I do not think it is ok to have the disgusting videos on youtube about Michael.. perhaps you haven't seen the extent of it.

I'm not talking about videos with nasty comments or unflattering photos, or even ones where they mutilate photos of his face.

There are videos that should not be allowed on youtube, no matter who they are about.

For example, really sick altered images of MJ and children, footage edited and mashed together with footage of other things - sick things..and lately since his death a whole new avenue for them to explore - the autopsy - there was a thread in Enough is Enough with a horrendous disgusting video *removed description of video as it is likely to offend and upset people* but I think it was removed from MJJC because it was so bad.

Last edited:
I went right off Prince after seeing his O2 show. He left the stage and the lights came on and despite stamping and cheering from the crowd, seemed to have no intention of coming back out, tons of people left but then he did come out again. Felt like he was trying to create 'atmosphere' but all the happened was pretty much everyone around me though he was behaving like a diva.

i'm shocked. all these people banging on Prince. LMAO.

but yeah...nobody's profiting, so it seems like Prince doesn't know the music business, ironically.

Back