The Jacksons - Destiny & Triumph Expanded Editions [threads merged]

Re: The Jacksons Expanded Versions

Oh thats cool. I love Destiny and Triumph. Hope the Remixes are cool also! 2008 is a Jackson Year :cheeky:

This is awesome! Defo getting this but isn't there also a release with four or five of the Jackson LPs released like a box set? I was looking for that one but I don't think it's out yet. Does anyone know if the box is a separate release or has it been replaced with the Destiny/Triumph combo?

Thanks for posting the updates.

wow i love those 2 albums, they are great and i dont thinkthey get some of the credit they deserve

This is awesome! Defo getting this but isn't there also a release with four or five of the Jackson LPs released like a box set? I was looking for that one but I don't think it's out yet. Does anyone know if the box is a separate release or has it been replaced with the Destiny/Triumph combo?

Thanks for posting the updates.
I think the box set is European, and doesn't have extra material. These 2 albums are USA releases. They're going to be sold separate, not in a combo pack.

All information on the release of Destiny and Triumpf

In honor of its 30th anniversary, DESTINY, including two bonus tracks of rare 12-inch disco mixes previously unavailable on CD, and TRIUMPH, with three bonus tracks of rare 12-inch mixes also previously unavailable on CD, will both arrive in stores August 12th on Epic/Legacy, a division of SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT.

The evolution that began in 1976, of the classic Motown teen hitmaking group the Jackson 5 into the independent grown-ups known forever after on Epic Records as the Jacksons – was a transition that did not happen overnight. But there is universal agreement that by the time they released their third album for their new label, 1978’s Destiny (with the worldwide hits “Blame It On The Boogie” and “Shake Your Body”), followed by 1980’s Triumph, the first RIAA platinum album of their career – both LPs self-produced for the first time, and (mainly) self-penned – the transition was complete.

“Three decades after its initial release,” writes Ernest Hardy of Destiny, “it’s still fresher - more potent, more substantive within its sturdy R&B/pop structure - than most of what you hear playing on the radio or streaming on the net today.” In honor of its 30th anniversary, DESTINY, including two bonus tracks of rare 12-inch disco mixes previously unavailable on CD, and TRIUMPH, with three bonus tracks of rare 12-inch mixes also previously unavailable on CD, will both arrive in stores August 12th on Epic/Legacy, a division of SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT.

DESTINY and TRIUMPH represent the first expanded editions ever issued by Legacy on the Jacksons, from their catalog of seven original studio and live albums on Epic between 1976 (The Jacksons) and 1989 (2300 Jackson Street). They follow the February 2008 release of the two-disc CD+DVD 25th anniversary expanded edition of Michael Jackson’s THRILLER, which has sold over 2 million copies worldwide so far this year. Michael, celebrating his 50th birthday on August 29th, and the Jacksons will be among the focal points of Universal/Motown’s 50th anniversary campaign this fall.

Source: Legacy Recordings

Can the fans in here please post as much of information you could get on this one?

Last edited:
Re: All information on the release of Destiny and Triumpf

wow, exciting, i say again i love those 2 albums, i will buy these if they are re-mastered and cant wait to here the extended mixes on cd audio :)

Re: All information on the release of Destiny and Triumpf

Already posted 3 times so far. Do a search in forums before opening new threads, please. :cheeky:

*merging threads

ok, Sony and Legacy Recording shave just confimed the CD's will be remastered !!!

:)

interesting that circuit city will release them 8 weeks earlier than the rest. btw, I wish that all Jacksons albums would get their remastered & expanded version release

yes, that's a deal Circuit City has with some releases.

I can't wait for Live and Victory albums reissues !!!

I was looking forward to buying both of them tomorrow. I wonder why they were pushed back?

I think the live album should come with dvd video of the concert and for the victory album as well
Oh goodness, that would be the highlight of my week!!!! I'd be a little too excited if that happened :yes:

I just looked at the Circuit City advert for this coming week and the CDs will be $6.99 each.

GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ANOTHER RE RELEASEDDDDDD

GRRRRRRRRRRR! I get insane!!

I bought both Destiny and Triumph this morning at Circuit City. Only $6.99!!! I haven't listened to them yet but I will when I come home from work. I can't wait to hear the albums remastered!

Well got home and opened the cd's. I was a little dissapointed as there weren't many photos in the booklet. Some photo's in Destiny but none in Triumph. No lyrics to the music as well. Anyways, after listening to these I can honestly tell everyone that is was worth buying these cd's again. I've heard the remixes before but they are still great remixes to have. The music is remastered and sounds excellent. The music is definitely more lively and more clear. Even if you already have Destiny and Triumph on cd, I would still get these. The sound quality is much better, worth the price alone, plus the remixes as most already know, are really quite good.

I plan on getting both of these. I have them both already and they are awesome, awesome albums. Triumph is by far my favorite of all their collective efforts. The great Nathan Watts does bass on several tracks on both albums, and I love the post-disco/pre-80's pop/funk sound of Triumph. The volume on many albums on CD from those times really bug me, so hopefully the volume is a bit louder and the instrumentation defined a bit mroe.

Back