The Jacksons to reform for Michael Jackson tribute show with A.I.

This will be going nowhere as usual!

If the brothers want to do their thing, do it without sticking Michael's name into it. He did'nt wanna perform with them right up until his passing, so I really think it would be a bit tacky for them to be taking advantage like this. Or is it that Michael's name needs to be inserted to guarantee any success?

totally agree,, they are seriously on the D List. I've never even heard of AI.. I thought they were talking about American Idol honestly until I read further.
Of course you haven't, that's because she's a Japanese pop star. She's not known in the States in the UK aside from J-Pop fans in those countries. She's huge in Japan

Looking at Wikipedia

AI was Def Jam Japan's first female artist
appeared in Janet's "Go Deep" video as a dancer
She's sold about 1.5 million albums in Japan with 5 albums going in the top 5
albums and singles combined, she's sold over 2 million units

so yeah, she's pretty big over there :lol:

They're a funny lot, aren't they, the Jacksons? :)

I love that phrase "big in Japan"

totally agree,, they are seriously on the D List. I've never even heard of AI.. I thought they were talking about American Idol honestly until I read further.

Well I thought it was that robot in the movie A.I. Artificial Intelligence when I opened the thread :D ... :doh:

Actually I am not even sure these concerts will happen. Like a lot of their previously planned projects that were never realized.

I don't follow Janet's career, but did she even have a career two years ago? Of course, she was willing to open for MICHAEL, because he's always been big and that performance could have helped her career. But now she's everywhere, doing films, performing, giving interviews. Do you think she will agree to be an open act for some has-been band no one is interested in? Even if the band is her brothers.

I feel sorry for them. All the projects they announce are always D-list. It's like they got all this renewed interest in them, and these are the only projects they can get out of it?

It's interesting that Randy never seems to be included in these ventures. I wonder why. The Jacksons keep forgetting that when people bought a Jackson 5/Jackson album they mainly heard Michael's voice, so whose voice are people going to listen for now?

The reason is simple: the music industry doesn't want the Jacksons. People use to stomach them because of MJ, but since his passing, more & more industry insiders have been shocked by the Jacksons' blatant exploitation of MJ. These are people who had a professional relationship with MJ.

They knew the Jacksons were dysfunctional, but these past 17 months, they have witnessed how low they can go.

And more recently, the "Cascio track" scandal, engineered by the family is the final nail in the Jackson's music career in the US.

And that was a direct quote from an industry insider. "they are finished". No high profile industry bigwig wanna do business with any of them.

As much as A-list artists, like Beyonce, Usher, Alicia Keys..etc love & respect MJ, none of them want to mix with the Jacksons...

Lookout for more of these overseas ventures, more & more tweets to promote their independent material, J5 clothing line etc.

I am told Austin Brown should keep his distance from the others...right now people love him because he is a hard worker & remind many of MJ.

So it is not surprising that he hasn't commented on the controversy. It was a smart decision...

Last edited:
The reason is simple: the music industry doesn't want the Jacksons. People use to stomach them because of MJ, but since his passing, more & more industry insiders have been shocked by the Jacksons' blatant exploitation of MJ. These are people who had a professional relationship with MJ.

They knew the Jacksons were dysfunctional, but these past 17 months, they have witnessed how low they can go.

And more recently, the "Cascio track" scandal, engineered by the family is the final nail in the Jackson's music career in the US.

And that was a direct quote from an industry insider. "they are finished". No high profile industry bigwig wanna do business with any of them.

As much as A-list artists, like Beyonce, Usher, Alicia Keys..etc love & respect MJ, none of them want to mix with the Jacksons...

Lookout for more of these overseas ventures, more & more tweets to promote their independent material, J5 clothing line etc.

I am told Austin Brown should keep his distance from the others...right now people love him because he is a hard worker & remind many of MJ.

So it is not surprising that he hasn't commented on the controversy. It was a smart decision...

what is going to happened with other wanna be singers in the family ,list is long.
i really hope mj3 come out this mess ,just like their dad.:praying:

LOL! Whatever guys. If these shows happen I'm the Pope

LOL! That was funny!

Straight up, the brothers played themselves. They WASTED all of that time waiting for Michael, when they could have gone out there as a "foursome" and carved out a decent following for themselves. They could have flipped it to fit a four-man group, sure it wouldn't have been as big with out Michael, but it "could" have been respectful just the same.

Next year, 2011, any "remaining" interest will have waned and they all will be a year older. Jackie Jackson will be what - 60/61?

They wasted all of that time and have nobody to blame but themselves, in my opinion.

Did I read Oct 2011? Sorry can't do it! I have tickets for the Oct 15 show of the IMMORTAL tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes:

Straight up, the brothers played themselves. They WASTED all of that time waiting for Michael, when they could have gone out there as a "foursome" and carved out a decent following for themselves. They could have flipped it to fit a four-man group, sure it wouldn't have been as big with out Michael, but it "could" have been respectful just the same.

Next year, 2011, any "remaining" interest will have waned and they all will be a year older. Jackie Jackson will be what - 60/61?

They wasted all of that time and have nobody to blame but themselves, in my opinion.

I agree.

Japan loves EVERYONE LOL. The Jackson 5 actually got me into Michael. I do wish them the best of luck on their concert. I'm sure they are all doing this b/c they love their brother.

Actually I am not even sure these concerts will happen. Like a lot of their previously planned projects that were never realized.

I don't follow Janet's career, but did she even have a career two years ago? Of course, she was willing to open for MICHAEL, because he's always been big and that performance could have helped her career. But now she's everywhere, doing films, performing, giving interviews. Do you think she will agree to be an open act for some has-been band no one is interested in? Even if the band is her brothers.

No one is interested in? Sure w/o Michael they are pretty much nothing but they still have decent fanbase according to internet.

well they should've planned something years ago when Jermaine kept mentioning it 10,15 years ago. Jermaine knows the truth and that is MJ was/is the star and no one would be interested in seeing them without the brothers. If the brothers would've been good and supportive brothers maybe Mike would've did the shows with them.

decent fanbase? LMAO! Where was their decent fanbase when each and every one of them was trying to become another Michael Jackson, during the 80s?

decent fanbase? LMAO! Where was their decent fanbase when each and every one of them was trying to become another Michael Jackson, during the 80s?
We also know that the "decent part of the fanbase" that belonged to Jermaine Jackson didn't come out and support him when he did that show in Las Vegas recently.

I guess everyboy had to wash their hair that night. LOL!

We also know that the "decent part of the fanbase" that belonged to Jermaine Jackson didn't come out and support him when he did that show in Las Vegas recently.

I guess everyboy had to wash their hair that night. LOL!
LOL! Exactly, as a matter of fact where was this 'decent fanbase' these past 3 decades? I guess they were asleep all this years, and still are, LOL!

I've my opinions of the family, but gloating over somebody else's incompetence or flaws or misfortunes is very... serious. That family needs serious praying for. Michael must have been so sad and lonely and hurt, that he had searched for love in other families. But at the end he loved them, he told them that when bidding them goodbye... his last goodbye also, and they love him somehow too. Imperfectly, strangely, questionably, at times, but they do. I'm not sure about Joseph, to be honest. But they all do. It's so unfortunate to witness some of their questionable or even wrong deeds, but I'm sure, from where Michael is at, he is praying for their... wakening, for lack of a better word. That family isn't pure evil to be gloated at or made fun of. That are missing on something vital, which is a pure God. I'd say, they really do look like something has been lost in them. At least Jermaine is now speaking highly of his brother, I don't care about his reasons. Jackie too, and he is for real a nice and kind person. Tito has been speaking well of him again, Marlon, too, even La Toya. Even Janet at times. I think each of them has got their survival tactic, that might not please the rest. They don't know better, I guess. I don't know. But think about the siblings' childhood. Yes, Michael came out to be a wonderful person nonetheless, in spite of it all. But his childhood pains, later magnified by even worse, unconceivable events, never went away and he's a reflection of a lost childhood. However, the siblings, as children, somehow got along really well, Michael himself told that he would have happy times in his childhood when joking around or having pillow fights with his brothers on the road. Think of their unique early life. Not everybody is as strong and dignified and sensitive as Michael. Risking to sound crazy, but the enemy sure messed with all of them big time. And now, I believe some of them are messed up. I know that age does matter a lot and they have a quite advanced age, but the enemy doesn't care about that. That family, and his children need prayers. I know many think that only the children and deserve the prayers, but their grandparents and uncles and aunts and cousins need it too... Fighting fire with fire is always the easiest way to deal with hurtful things. But that's not a good thing. It just isn't, no matter what the reasons.

So u mean they should be getting a pass again, b/c some of them speak nicely of him now? Like it's ok that it took his death to speak nicely of him?

I'm only saying that they could use some prayers, instead of always negative comments/energy that won't do anything good, except for produce that temporary feeling of solidarity in thinking the same about something/somebody. A simple "God, help them change for the better" is always needed and always good. Not trying to sound religious, but that's the way things should be done. I, myself, have yet to do that with respect to some really evil people in this short life... I'll try harder, I guess.

I don't get The Jacksons hate, but whatever.

I've always wished they'd just face that they're not stadium acts and embrace the fanbase they have, do smaller shows at House of Blues and things of that nature. I would love to see them dial it back.

Re: . . . A.I.

I seriously thought A.I. meant American Idol! lol

I dont know who she is with but I was wondering who was A.I.

First off who is this A.I.??

Re: The Jacksons to reform for Michael Jackson tribute show with A.I.

bc9e20c8.jpg

The whole story is completly made up .. a farce
Burn those freaking Tablods

False Rumor spreading about tour in Japan
December 3rd Los Angeles, CA. http://jackiejackson5.com/

Jackie Jackson has released the following statement:
In reaction to the rumors about the Jackson brothers
reuniting for a tour in Japan next year

"The Jacksons have no plans to tour in Japan next year
nor is Japanese artists A.I. replacing my brother Michael."

Jackie has also used his Twitter account
@JackieJackson5 to debunk the rumors this morning.

Last edited:
Back