The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson: Behind the Seams of a Fashion Icon

It seems like he donated Smooth Criminal lean shoes to the estate, because when I asked about them, he said the estate has them.
I remember Michael's lean shoes were displayed in some museum shortly after his death. So I think they are always in Michael/now the estate possession.

Morinen nice questions and answers from Bush. Now about Bush saying he is waiting for official channels to clear this signature thing up, isn't he part of the official channel? I mean these things were owned by him. Also, if he and Michael were more employee/employer how could Michael go to his house when he was recuperating from a Klien treatment? Maybe that story is not true. It seems both he and Juliens decided they should be no talking about the signature issue. I would have liked him to say something like "this is not true, and we have a statement prepared."

How was the signing crowd. Were there many fans there?

I think by official sources he meant a statement on the website or something like that. Not talking to individual fans who may misquote him or present his words in a wrong light.

The event was very small and intimate - there were about 4 or 5 people besides me, so I had a chance to ask everything I wanted to ask. And I have to mention that it was free, open and friendly - he signed books for free, he offered to make a photo with everyone for free (I didn't even have to ask). I came with my own book, and he signed it without questions - no one offered me to buy anything. I'm mentioning this because some fans said they were forced to buy another copy of the book or pay for a photo. It absolutely wasn't the case - at least not in San Francisco.

They also had a couple of Michael's jackets on display:

2nbx07c.jpg

They didn't allow to touch them though (I tried :p), because the oil from fingers is supposedly not good for the material.

^^ Good about the jackets. This means that at least he has some items which were not offered for sale. The jackets look familiar, especially the one with the medallions on it. Was this book signing advertised much in your area?

I saw it advertised in a couple of online articles, but I don't read any local paper press, so I don't know.

OK ^^ maybe that is why not many fans showed up while you were there, or it could be more came in later in the day or before you came. I hope many nonfans are buying this book as well, it should be of interest to students in designing. Did Bush say whether he has more places to go on his book signing tour, and whether he will be going to other countries after the US.

No, I didn't ask. I think he already toured all over Europe and South America.

Please keep any discussions of the controversy surrounding Michael Lee Bush and Julien auction in the Julien auction thread now located in the controversy forum. This thread is reserved for discussing the book.

If anyone is going to one of these signings in the future, please ask Mr. Bush how MJ danced in loafers and never slipped on stage! It so amazing to dance in leather-soled shoes and to not slip in them.

If anyone is going to one of these signings in the future, please ask Mr. Bush how MJ danced in loafers and never slipped on stage! It so amazing to dance in leather-soled shoes and to not slip in them.

In Michael Bush's Book, he describes and even shows pictures of MJ's Florsheim Loafers with the leather soles scuffed and slashed up.

What is the rating for this book now. Is it still selling strong.

They also had a couple of Michael's jackets on display:

2nbx07c.jpg

They didn't allow to touch them though (I tried :p), because the oil from fingers is supposedly not good for the material.

OMG being so close to the clothes Michael wore and not being able to touch it. That's a crime!! But I understand his clothes have to be preserve in pristine condition.

Thanks morinen for writing up your talk with bush.

Morinen said:
He also said that when he communicated with the estate about the book, they requested/advised not to include the trial suits in the book. He plans to release a 2nd edition/part 2 of the book though, and maybe he'll include them there.

I'm really glad the estate said this. In a book on mj's style as king of pop, why would you want a chapter on what he wore to the child molelstation trial - totally inappropriate. And you know in every media report/review of the book this is what they would all home in on.

There are photos of Michael cutting them up himself to give them friction.

Even that, it's still amazing. Despite him scratching up the bottom of his shoes, they are still leather soled shoes. No matter how much you scratch them up, they are still going to have some slip to them.

this should be intersting
i dont really get the "this is it" tour style he wanted
seems to girly for him but he could stiil rock that

this should be intersting
i dont really get the "this is it" tour style he wanted
seems to girly for him but he could stiil rock that

Hensitbon what are you talking about? What girly tour style are you referring to? Can you elaborate?

Michael Bush has just announced an exclusive book signing tour for The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson in conjunction with Hard Rock Cafe Europe! Below you will find the schedule:

Wednesday, April 24th: Hard Rock Cafe LISBON 4-7pm
Friday, April 26th: Hard Rock Cafe MADRID 4-7pm
Monday, April 29th: Hard Rock Cafe MUNICH (11-1pm for PRESS) 4-7pm
Tuesday, April 30th: Hard Rock Cafe HAMBURG 11-1pm
Thursday, May 2nd: Hard Rock Cafe PRAGUE (11-1pm for PRESS) 4-7pm

(From Michael Bush FB page)

^ or maybe the because of all the glitter and lights. Actually, I find them not girly at all. The girliest outfit in my opinion Michael wore must be the gold bathing(?)suit. I really dont know what to call it.
And, Im probably going to the siging at Hamburg. He wont be answering any questions, dont you guys think?

^ or maybe the because of all the glitter and lights. Actually, I find them not girly at all. The girliest outfit in my opinion Michael wore must be the gold bathing(?)suit. I really dont know what to call it.
And, Im probably going to the siging at Hamburg. He wont be answering any questions, dont you guys think?

Do you mean the Dangerous outfit that is based on the sword fencing uniform? I love that one because it shows his broad shoulders and narrow hips.

I thought Bush had finished with the European tour, but I guess I was wrong. Did he do part of Europe, then part of the US, and then now goes back to Europe? Is that the normal way people tour? I thought they would finish one area and then go on the other parts of the world.

I think he would answer questions about the book & the clothes. Why do you think he might not answer questions?

Do you mean the Dangerous outfit that is based on the sword fencing uniform? I love that one because it shows his broad shoulders and narrow hips.

I thought Bush had finished with the European tour, but I guess I was wrong. Did he do part of Europe, then part of the US, and then now goes back to Europe? Is that the normal way people tour? I thought they would finish one area and then go on the other parts of the world.

I think he would answer questions about the book & the clothes. Why do you think he might not answer questions?

Im not too sure as I just saw it on the internet too, i think ill send an email or something to them if hes really comin.

Yeah that gold suit does look good from above, but I really
dont like the part below his hips. Its like, undergarment :p its my least favourite outfit to say. About the questions, I dont know really, have a feeling he wont be answering anything not related to his book just what you said.

^^Yes but isn't that what people should be asking him about--his book? There are lots of interesting questions that could be asked about the book & its contents.

I know i know its his book siging but its about MJ and I dont think he'll be aswering to questions about him just like with the Q&A here at the other thread, you know?

^^Oh, well I think that is the right thing for him to do. I don't think he wants to gossip about Michael or tell his personal business. He seems the type of guy that wants to talk about the book, little jokes in the context of Michael & the clothing, you know things like that. Actually, I respect him for that.

Hmm well I found that Q&A reaaaaally short. But you know, Id like to hear stories of how they made the oufits and come up with it and what MJ's reaction was to them. Hed say somethin like "he wears almost everything we made him" or something along those lines. As a fan I wanna hear stories not an answer as if he's gonna get sued for sharing fun things etc. I know some is in the book but you know in person is what I meant:p

Back