The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

This is the touring show which was always gonna be more like a "concert" than classic cirque show, the permanent show in vegas in 2013 will be a COMPLETLY DIFFERENT show more like a classical cirque show.

I wanna see both!

Agreed.

I would love to see both show too. But I doubt that will happen. - Maybe both will be released on Blu-Ray. That will be my chance I guess.

Agreed.

I would love to see both show too. But I doubt that will happen. - Maybe both will be released on Blu-Ray. That will be my chance I guess.

I'm gonna see all the UK shows then go to Vegas for the residency show. And I'm buying the album - both versions! I will support anything that upholds Michael's legacy. He would have loved this.

OMG!!!!
kermit.gif

This is a real tribute to a King. :wild: Michael would love it!! They have to come to Brazil! I gotta see this! :wild:
kermit.gif

Judging from videos avail on you tube
The Beatles Love has been out for a while, and the choreography is much slower pace, kind of boring . I think the MJ Immortal is more energetic, it has unique, colorful costumes and more exciting to watch. Thats my opinion.

Last edited:
mIchael diserve something like this

wHere are all those things that they promisd?New tecnology, holograms? this looks to me like that MTV tribute that was done after mIChael died. i can't understand why the keep making so amaturish projects. i thougt this was going to be diferent. i am very disapointed.

and no lasers??? I think the laser show would greatly emphasize the atmosphere and the little stage and the whole hall could be amazingly illuminated with lasers, but... nothing like this happened...

I have always wondered what an amateur created the stages/stage production for MJs tours, lasers are/would be phenomenal, finally somebody should inspire from Jean Michel Jarres shows....

sO, i don't have the rigt to expres my opinion? i saw the treiler and few videos that members posted here. i simply don't like the resault and i don't like the fact that those peple that work on Michael's projects seem to think that the fans can be easily pleased. i am not! i think Michael was one the greatest that ever lived and he diserves the best. tHAt is NOT the best.it isn't even dicent to me. this is what i think. if you think othervise, we have to agree to disagree.

that is because i am not native speaker and i think that you understoud perfectly well what i am saying. the fact that i luck in gramar and spelling doesn't mean that i'm stupid and i think it doesn't prevent me from posting here. if you like the show fine, i don't and we have to disagree on that.

Oh, please, c'mon! Nobody is asking you not to voice your opinion, people are only saying it is kind of unfair to label this show as amateur. Cirque De Soleil is ROYALTY when it comes to this kind of shows. Amateurs? Please! We might like or dislike the show, but labeling Cirque's work as 'amateur' is really, really unfair.

And please, dear, don't put words on other's members comments. No one has called you stupid, as you mention in your post.

please... :ermm:

Thanks to all for the updates and photos and reviews! I've only watched the 1st video released last night. It looks amazing. And I can't wait to see the Human Nature part everyone seems to be raving about. Not clicking on any of the other videos to keep the excitement and anticipation going til the 15th. DeTROIT!!! :punk:

It comes to Miami in March just in time for my bday and will be seeing it twice then.
woohoo!

Totally SUCKS that the hologram and other stuff will only be available in Vegas, tho. :mello: Guess I'll save that for late 2012.

ETA: Forgot to say I'm glad the kids enjoyed it. :)

Why can't we be glad for what we do have, and not complain about what we don't have. Everyone involved is doing the best they can to keep Michael's legacy alive and I think they are doing a great job.

reviews are awesome - Im so so proud and happy
Ive just booked for the Fanfest and Immortal show for Dec 4th in LV

OOh child...Blanket gives some of the meanest side eyes! LOL. That boy has his daddy number lol. Mike use to give some serious side eyes too lol. I'm glad the children were able to enjoy their fathers work, through a different medium. So happy for them! :) Prince has grown into a handsome young man. Paris is such a gorgeous young lady. She appears very composed and sharp. Again, I'm so proud! They are a reflection of MJ and he did a wonderful job. That to me, is MJ's greatest legacy: His children, and his music. "My music and me"-M.J.

Oh, please, c'mon! Nobody is asking you not to voice your opinion, people are only saying it is kind of unfair to label this show as amateur. Cirque De Soleil is ROYALTY when it comes to this kind of shows. Amateurs? Please! We might like or dislike the show, but labeling Cirque's work as 'amateur' is really, really unfair.

And please, dear, don't put words on other's members comments. No one has called you stupid, as you mention in your post.

please... :ermm:

I Didn't say Cirque De Soleil is amaturish, i said that those that made the IMortal show, made it in an amaturish way.Look at the costumes, at the scene, at that tree with the neons around. everything scream cheap and and amaturish. i posted the Cirque de soleil Love show and i said that Michael diserve something similar or better. they said about holograms, new tecnology where are all these? nowere. And where is Cirque De Soleil, were are the acrobats? This is not Cirque De Soleil, tHis is a failed mix between Cirque and This is it. if all of you are happy with the result and think that this is the best that can do about Michael, then ok. i don't, i think that they could do million things better.

Once again, THE HOLOGRAM and new technology will be at the 2nd show! How hard can it be to understand?

Once again, THE HOLOGRAM and new technology will be at the 2nd show! How hard can it be to understand?

Thanks. You gotta love people who criticize and are being negative when they don't even know what they are talking about. In this case comparing apples and oranges - a touring show to a permanent Las Vegas show. I have the feeling some people like to be negative and displeased with everything just for the sake of it.

I Didn't say Cirque De Soleil is amaturish, i said that those that made the IMortal show, made it in an amaturish way.Look at the costumes, at the scene, at that tree with the neons around. everything scream cheap and and amaturish. i posted the Cirque de soleil Love show and i said that Michael diserve something similar or better. they said about holograms, new tecnology where are all these? nowere. And where is Cirque De Soleil, were are the acrobats? This is not Cirque De Soleil, tHis is a failed mix between Cirque and This is it. if all of you are happy with the result and think that this is the best that can do about Michael, then ok. i don't, i think that they could do million things better.

I was just wondering, Have you seen the show...?

I was lucky enough to watch the show for the second night in a row last night...and dar I say it was better than premiere night.

2 things stroke: the behind the scene work & the details in the costumes & makeup.

As discussed last week, these 2 shows were sold-out last November, but I think they re-designed the stage which freed up several places at the right & left of the stage.

Personally, I don't think they should have, I was happy they did because I was able to snatch fix early yesterday, but if it's your first time viewing the show, these seats aren't the best (to get a full view of the show), though they were pricier than the ones I bought last November. They are at same level as the curved white curtain, and when they are projecting clips or the live action from the secondary stage, it's difficult to see everything. You only see half or 3/4 of the curtain & the projected clip...I will try to call Cirque up today to let them know. BUT...I was closer to the stage. I could see their make up & detailing on the costumes, which I loved.

That being said, the crowd tonight was amazing. The show was even better the second time around. They got lots of applause (can't tell what's different tonight compare to last, maybe less media & promoters), the crowd got into it and the energy made the sow more vibrant...from where I was seating, I took a peak at the behind the scene workers hard at work changing the sets..lol They are so efficient and quick...mind boggling.

We heard a few folks discussing the show and their reviews were even more glowing then the press..hoping it gets some great word of mouth.

FYI, I read Jamie King prepared 2 encores (unusual for Cirque's shows) ...but folks started leaving after the "final" curtain...But had people stayed, there would have been an encore.....I am so mad that I haven't seen any of them. Booooo.. they have to find a way to let the crown know about the encores...

Next stop for me....Show and Fan Fest December 3rd.

I really really like the preview of it and some of the videos on youtube because they are so great but honestly I cant really feel it. I dont know why. Yes, the performance and show have all the things(energy,technology,etc) that we would like to see on but I feel that it isnt the same feeling for me anymore.I really wanted to see Michael the real one on the stage and not them or maybe Michael himself enjoying the show himself although I know he would be so proud now in heaven. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone. I would really like to enjoy any shows related to Michael but I just cant anymore. I do hope I will change my mind if I got to see myself but chances are low Immortal to come to my country :(

I really really like the preview of it and some of the videos on youtube because they are so great but honestly I cant really feel it. I dont know why. Yes, the performance and show have all the things(energy,technology,etc) that we would like to see on but I feel that it isnt the same feeling for me anymore.I really wanted to see Michael the real one on the stage and not them or maybe Michael himself enjoying the show himself although I know he would be so proud now in heaven. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone. I would really like to enjoy any shows related to Michael but I just cant anymore. I do hope I will change my mind if I got to see myself but chances are low Immortal to come to my country :(

I don't think what you're feeling is unusual. The thing is NO ONE AND NOTHING can be what MJ was to millions. That was HIS magic alone. Immortal gives you a sense of him, but nothing can be him, and that's what you and I and millions will always miss. HIM. But we can still be THOROUGHLY entertained, and that's what I think Immortal will do for you. Give you a couple of hours of fantastic entertainment.

I don't think what you're feeling is unusual. The thing is NO ONE AND NOTHING can be what MJ was to millions. That was HIS magic alone. Immortal gives you a sense of him, but nothing can be him, and that's what you and I and millions will always miss. HIM. But we can still be THOROUGHLY entertained, and that's what I think Immortal will do for you. Give you a couple of hours of fantastic entertainment.
well said
Memefan or anyone who went, were there any particular parts that the crowd is the loudest for?? and was the crowd singing and dancing? standing or sitting?

Well said! We have to remind ourselves that this is still a Cirque du Soleil show, not a Michael Jackson concert. No one can replicate Michael's aura. If one goes to the show and expects to "see" Michael, one is bound to be disappointed But still, the Immortal is a well-produced show inspired by Michael. It is still a thoroughly touching and enjoyable show.

And, I don't think any 2-minute youtube clip can describe how good the show is. It's not a 5-minute music video, but a two-hour long production. The energy and the atmosphere is totally different when seeing the live performance.

Given the reality that Michael's gone, this probably is the best fans can get. I prefer to see a Cirque show than a tribute concert any time. It's just me though as I don't think any artist these days can do a Michael Jackson song justice.

Back