The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

^^This nightclub sounds exciting. I wouldn't be joining in the act, but I would certainly dance, drink, sing, talk and have fun. I am so glad this is happening in Vegas, one of my favorite states.
Vegas is a city, not a state! LOL

LOL I was watching a US reality TV show in the UK the other day and one of the stars was certain that Texas is a country LOL.
I'm not American and my goegraphy is not good but even I know that Vegas is not a state and Texas is NOT a country.

RT @fightingwords: Congratulations to Jon, @BionicGoneFunk, for scoring the lead role in Cirque de Soleil's Immortal: the Michael Jackson Tour. Proud of you

RT @BionicGoneFunk: My new Journey begins... #official #tourlife http://t.co/nfTly7g3

What is going on? I hope Sala (the guy personifying MJ's spirit) is still on the show

^ Hmm, I'll have to check that, I know Salah is now back home in France, and Thomas Hubener's video/post about him are not clear, and Salah is doing a contest show or something...

Maybe also it's for the permanent show in Vegas... Rehearsals begins soon in Montreal, with Travis and all...

(Edit: No, he's really not doing the european leg of the shohw, he'll do the shows in London, but not after...
So sad you don't do the European tour... :-( I really wanted to see you in the show live.
Maybe later on dvd?
Salah Spidersalah so sorry....
your last chance will be london in october
)

The new 'spirit's' name is Jonathan Bayani

''ALL the best for Salah for his come back in battle @ IBE!''

Last edited:
Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour kicked off Oct. 2 in Canada to rave reviews.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/5011/20121004/michael-jackson-immortal-world-tour-2012-show.htm

The show is a theatrical production by Circue du Soleil, which uses Jackson's "music and vision" to create a compelling show which drew stars such as Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Jay-Z and Beyonce.

Described as a "riveting fusion of visuals, dance, music and fantasy," the tour takes place in a fantastical realm where audiences discover Jackson's "Giving Tree," according to the website.

Through the Tree, the secrets of Jackson's inner world are unlocked-his love of music and dance, fairy tale and magic and fragile beauty of nature.

The show came about when the Michael Jackson Company, LLC partnered with Cirque du Soleil in a $250 million contract with Sony, which allows music publishing until 2017.

The show first opened in October 2011, which resulted in 264 shows in North America and Europe. By December of that same year, it had sold more than $100 million in ticket sales, becoming the top touring act in America that year.

With a setlist that includes some of Jackson's biggest hits, including "Dirty Diana," "Man in the Mirror," "Beat It" and "Thriller," the two-hour show has grossed more than $400 million to date.

CNN spoke to the show's "music designer "Kevin Antunes when the show first opened. Antunes worked with show director Jamie King, responsible for Madonna's elaborate shows, to choose songs from Jackson's catalogue and create a "soundscape" for the live acrobats.

The article said Antunes "rebuilt" the songs to make Jackson's voice more dominant for the show.

"That's his vocal the way that it was, just genuinely beautiful," Antunes said. "A young Michael Jackson is still today schooling all the vocalists of our era."

The music is also featured on a CD Immortal, in stores now.

The show will hit American for two days in October before returning for an extended run in November.

^^ I don't think I get the fact that it's been written in 2012 but feels like it's copy/paste from a review in 2011... Talks about the tree, and about shows in America in October and later in November... ??? They are heading to London, not America...

Weird..

I am so jealous of you guys...Europeans. I cannot believe it's October already. Over a year since I first saw the premiere....**sigh**

i hope you all enjoy the moment...go with an open mind and for two hours, you will feel MJ is back with us. I can't wait to read all your reviews.

SUGGESTION: Maybe a moderator should consider closing this thread and open a new one for the European leg of the tour?

So excited for Friday :wild: It feels as though I have had my tickets forever! I'm sure the long wait will be worth every moment.

FEE ticket available. I have a ticket for the show on the 13. Some emergency came up with my mom and I cannot go, so anyone who wants the ticket please pm me. The seat is right in front.

Ticket Type: BLOCK A2, ROW B
Time: Saturday, October 13

I would just like to say I saw the show in Ottawa (where I am from) in July and it was wonderful. For me, life changing. I had forgotten how much I loved his music, and the last three months have been a roller coaster ride of learning all about his music, his message, and what he was all about. It has all touched my life more then I can say!

Anyway, I would recommend it to anyone, especially fans. It is more dance-based then most Cirque shows for obvious reasons, which means the dancing is out of this world! It is all Micheal's vocals with the band singing backup, and they do a great job. There is a moment when the performance stops, and his quote "In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe" shows up on the screen... the entire stadium was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, it was such a special moment. I've never been in one lace with so many people with such silence. I couldn't stop my eyes from welling up.

I can't believe it has been a year since I first saw the show in Detroit (I saw it 4 more times!) It was wonderful and it does feel like we have Michael back. You won't want the show to end :(

I can't wait to hear about it and the changes they have made. I envy you guys. It will be so hard though I bet being in the O2 knowing Michael should have been there. But he will be there. With his MJ FAMILY that loves him soooo much...

So excited for Friday :wild: It feels as though I have had my tickets forever! I'm sure the long wait will be worth every moment.
Didn't you see Michael at Wembley for BAD and HIStory?!! You are going to have so much fun but your heart is really going to hurt missing our Michael :(

Tell him hello for me...

I had tickets for This is It and it will be tough. It's starting to really hit me. What I should've seen there.. :cry:

I hope everyone that is going will have a good time. I saw it last year where I live. It was great. I know it will be bittersweet because Michael and the significance of the O2 arena. But have fun, dance, laugh and cry. Let all out. The show really respects Michael. And when you see glimpses of him on the screen you might focus more on him than the dancers. I know that happened to me lol.

Have you seen any promotion for it?

Well..I've seen a bounch of posters around the city butvthats pretty much all.. I whish they would've promoted it i magazines etc to. I think they had something on the radio during dummer but that was only for 1 week or so..:/

Back