The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

Last year it was the highest grossing tour, this year it's second. Fantastic success! I guess both Cirque and the Estate are very pleased with this project. :clapping:

Last year it was the highest grossing tour, this year it's second. Fantastic success! I guess both Cirque and the Estate are very pleased with this project. :clapping:

Yes this has been an amazing success. Pity It has to end soon. It can't keep going forever so my guess is it will be dead this time next year. I know it is revisiting territories with fewer dates than first time around. Has cirque publicly given an end date yet?

Yes this has been an amazing success. Pity It has to end soon. It can't keep going forever so my guess is it will be dead this time next year. I know it is revisiting territories with fewer dates than first time around. Has cirque publicly given an end date yet?

It's already running longer than initially planned. Of course, nothing can go on forever but there's still ONE. And if Immortal ends I hope they will release it on DVD.

Bon Jovi beats Michael Jackson, Pink, Bruce Springsteen for 2013's biggest tour

December 16, 2013 4:15PM

THIRTY years after they formed Bon Jovi have scored the most successful world tour of 2013.

Their Because We Can tour grossed $229 million over 102 dates that started in February.

The figures don't even count the Australian stadium leg - tomorrow's show in Brisbane is the last date of the band's entire world tour.

The tour survived the sudden departure of guitarist Richie Sambora in March and sold over 2.2 million tickets globally.

"This is crazy business doing stadiums 30 years on," Jon Bon Jovi said in Melbourne. "I think that generation tells the next generation you gotta see this band live. That's the blessing. It's more than guys that grew up in the '80s."

And death hasn't impeded Michael Jackson's ability to sell concert tickets.

The MJ-themed Cirque Du Soleil show Immortal was the second biggest concert tour of the year.

Launched in 2011, the show features performers inspired by Jackson's music, and a live band playing his hits.

It made $175 million this year, including 26 shows in Australia where the best tickets were priced at $450.

Australia's biggest tour - Pink's The Truth About Love - was 2013's third-biggest seller.

It grossed $165 million, however like Bon Jovi, US dates in November and December have yet to be factored into the overall figures.

Pink's 46 shows in Australia generated $72 million, with her record-breaking 18 shows at Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena generated over $29 million alone.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's 2013 tour, which was the year's fourth most popular, was also boosted by a sell-out Australian leg in March.

Springsteen's tour generated $164 million, just behind Pink.

Another Australian visitor, Rihanna, was the year's fifth biggest tour, with ticket sales generating $154 million.

The Top 10 featured The Rolling Stones, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Depeche Mode and country star Kenny Chesney.

Teen kings One Direction and Justin Bieber missed the Top 10

Top 10

1.Bon Jovi - $229 million

2.Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque Du Soleil - $175 million

3.Pink - $165 million

4.Bruce Springsteen $164 million

5.Rihanna $154 million

6.The Rolling Stones - $141 million

7.Taylor Swift - $128 million

8.Beyonce - $116 million

9.Depeche Mode - $111 million

10.Kenny Chesney - $101 million

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226784271503

1sy.gif

bb0c5iaiyaautvr.jpg

Advertising by taxi (Dubai) Source: Duvent Entertainment

http://www.dubaicityguide.com/site/news/news-details.asp?newsid=46787
Recently named the ninth top-grossing tour of all time and the Number 2 tour on international music publication, Billboard’s s Top 25 World Tours of 2013, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil is set to debut to Middle East audiences at 8pm on 30 December 2013, at the main arena of the Dubai World Trade Centre...

http://www.emirates247.com/entertai...agic-moonwalks-into-dubai-2013-12-31-1.533010

Review: Cirque du Soleil recreates Michael Jackson magic, moonwalks into Dubai
The opening night of the ‘Immortal World Tour’ witnessed death defying stunts... the musical will run over 16 days at DWTC

Published Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It was the day the music died that sultry June morning over three years ago.

Yet, ask any an ardent fan, and the legend of Michael Jackson remains preserved to welcome another generation of loyalists to carry the flame into a new decade.

As we sat in the audience at the Dubai World Trade Centre to marvel at Cirque Du Soleil’s ‘Immortal World Tour’ in its final swansong to the legend himself, perhaps more than the choreographed extravaganza that thousands of eyes feasted on last night, it was a lone young boy’s moonwalk in the midst of the technical wonders that would have really warmed Jackson’s heart.

A new generation had indeed taken up the mantle.

That said, if we could name the emotion that united the 6,000-odd crowd that was seated in the audience last night, then it was probably a shroud of sadness that confirmed any fan’s worst fears: no show on earth could ever compare to the legend of Jackson himself.

But Cirque du Soleil put forth an earnest effort that is a far cry from the mediocrity that stage shows of such stature are often flirting with. What it may never be able to connect with, due to no fault of its own, is that bond, those treasure trove of childhood memories that only a true fan can narrate to the backdrop of many an iconic song of the legend that has touched their lives.
MJ8.jpg

The show itself is split into two acts, the first largely playing tribute to Jackson’s earlier work, while the latter fuses in that burst of adrenaline with classics such as ‘Billie Jean’, ‘Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough’, ‘They Don’t Care About Us’, as a sampler.

Cirque, which boasts a legendary fan base of its own, attempts to marry the mediums of pop music, moonwalking and death defying stunts in one massive stage performance. However, of three mentioned, the ‘Immortal Tour’ focuses mainly on the dance moves, which could disappoint some fans that lean towards a bit more flair for the dramatics.

Not that you can overlook the excellent choreography by the legend’s very own tour dancer, Jamie King himself, in the show, but the songs that ultimately do stand out are the ones that carry their own stamp of classic Cirque style with a hint of Jackson’s dramatics.
MJ7.jpg

Frankly, the recall value of act one is overshadowed by two songs: the crisp dance moves of ‘Thriller’ itself, which are thankfully not tampered with considering the dance itself had taken on an iconic status of its own, and ‘Human Nature’s stunning choreography.

In fact, one of the best acts of the night, ‘Human Nature’ simply stuns with four dancers performing aerial acrobats, fitted in LED bodysuits that literally danced along with the people wearing them in a burst of stars and sparklers that left people awestruck.

One of act two’s breakthrough moments was the conceptualisation of ‘I Just Can’t Stop Loving You’, where two artistes – depicted as black and white swans – emerge from a lake to perform an aerial ballet, suspended 15-odd feet up from the ground. The results are breathtaking.

The pace picks up as the show races towards its climax, with fans of Jackson delighted to know that the choreography of ‘They Don’t Really Care About Us’ is in fact a re enactment of the song that was commissioned for the final ‘This Is It’ Michael Jackson tour that fans were robbed off with the singer’s untimely demise.

Dancers in robotic suits, wearing LED breastplates, march on stage, as dancers hiding amidst the audience suddenly spring up holding glowing red hearts that reaches a crescendo with the powerful music from the legend himself.

The song cuts dramatically to an A/V of a young Michael during his Jackson 5 days, innocently singing ‘I’ll Be There’ before the crescendo builds up once again to the mash up of ‘Can You Feel It’, ‘Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough’, ‘Billie Jean’ and ‘Black or White’.

While Jackson’s iconic white glove, his hat and those shoes getting a fitting tribute in the LED-infused ‘Billie Jean’, his ‘Black or White’ plays to the thundering sound of dancers bursting on to stage hoisting world flags to the words of ‘trust’ and ‘unity’.

As the lights dim once to the music of the ‘Man in the Mirror’, it is with a hint of sadness that Jackson will never be able to perform live for his fans ever again. But if you are a believer, then Cirque’s ‘Immortal Tour’ is the next best thing.

‘Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour’ by Cirque du Soleil will perform 21 Shows over 16 Days as a main event for the Dubai Shopping Festival 2014.

Organised by Duvent, a subsidiary of Meraas Leisure and Entertainment, the spectacle will continue from January 1-14 January 2014, a show that has been written and directed by Jamie King, which aims to spread Jackson’s global messages of love, peace and unity.

The show has already performed in 117 cities, across 26 countries that in its history, with the cast featuring 49 acrobats, musicians, singers and dancers (nine musicians, two singers, 18 acrobats, 20 dancers). Four of the 11 band members previously worked with the King of Pop himself, including Drummer Jonathan ‘Sugarfoot’ Moffett who played with Jackson and his brothers for over 35 years.

Tickets for the show start from Dh295.

Over 25,000 to attend Michael Jackson The Immortal World in Dubai
By Staff
Published Tuesday, January 07, 2014
Winning fans and followers by the thousands in the region, Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque du Soleil that debuted in Dubai on 30 December, 2013 will perform a final week of shows before returning to North America. Currently underway at the main arena of the Dubai World Trade Centre, local organisers, Duvent, a subsidiary of Meraas Leisure and Entertainment, have positioned the show’s Dubai stop as a unique opportunity for GCC residents to witness the spectacle before the tour comes to an end.

A riveting fusion of visuals, dance, music and fantasy that immerses audiences in Michael’s creative world, Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour captures the essence, soul and inspiration of the King of Pop, celebrating a legacy that continues to transcend generations. The underpinnings of the show are Michael Jackson’s powerful, inspirational music and lyrics, brought to life with extraordinary power and intensity. Written and directed by Jamie King, the number one writer and director of live events globally, Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour underscores Michael’s global messages of love, peace and unity.

Recently named the ninth-top-grossing tour of all time and the #2 tour on international music publication, Billboard’s Top 25 World Tours of 2013, the show has earned a worldwide following since its premiere in Montreal on October 2, 2011, earning USD325.1 million from 406 shows in 117 cities in 26 countries that have drawn over three million concert-goers till date. The international cast features 49 world-class performers (11 band members, 18 acrobats, 20 dancers). Four of the band members previously worked with the King of Pop himself, including drummer Jonathan ‘Sugarfoot’ Moffett who played with Michael Jackson and his brothers for over 35 years, and percussionist Bashiri Johnson, who along with Moffett was a part of Michael Jackson’s ‘This Is It’ concert.

Johnson said: “This show is the embodiment of everything that Michael stood for. Going from country to country, we try to send out his precious messages of love and peace through the songs and choreography that truly transcend the barriers of language or race, age or gender. It has been a pleasure performing for audiences in Dubai, especially with the cross-cultural flavour this city offers. I’m extremely glad we have had a chance to pass on the great legacy of Michael Jackson to his fans in this region.”

One of the biggest live shows to be staged in Dubai, Duvent has confirmed that over 25,000 people have already attended the performance which runs until 14 January. As the main attraction of the Dubai Shopping Festival, spectators from across the GCC are expected to witness the world-renowned show that offers a selection of the best work of the one of the world’s most adored pop music icons.

Omar Saab, Director - Commercial, Duvent Events Management, said: “Without doubt, the show has made a mark in the hearts of GCC residents who have flocked to Dubai in large numbers to be a part of this unforgettable experience of fantasy, music and fanfare. Notably, this is their longest stop at a single venue since they started the tour in Las Vegas, and the only performance of the show in the Middle East. With just a week to go before the show concludes, we encourage fans and patrons to grab this one-off chance to enjoy the magical combination of Michael Jackson and the Cirque du Soleil.”

http://www.emirates247.com/entertai...e-immortal-world-in-dubai-2014-01-07-1.533846

:clapping: he is.

Immortal has dates until 14th so it could pull in total 50 thousand in Dubai?

I hope when the tour ends they will release it as a double DVD. One DVD a complete show, another a documentary about the tour, behind the scenes, extras etc.

Paris78;3944100 said:
bb0c5iaiyaautvr.jpg

Advertising by taxi (Dubai) Source: Duvent Entertainment

http://www.dubaicityguide.com/site/news/news-details.asp?newsid=46787
Recently named the ninth top-grossing tour of all time and the Number 2 tour on international music publication, Billboard’s s Top 25 World Tours of 2013, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil is set to debut to Middle East audiences at 8pm on 30 December 2013, at the main arena of the Dubai World Trade Centre...

For the #1 top-grossing tour of all time, how many years did it tour?

Dubai really embraced that show. Any news on which cities had the highest gross so far?

Last edited:
^are they the same company doing the "hologram" for MJone? if yes they could be referring to a new project, unless it's just a misquote

Does anyone know where I can find a link to download the "making of" documentary that aired in France or Germany (forgot the exact country). I remember watching part of it on YouTube a while back and it wasn't in English but it was still an interesting watch.

Any chance it's in English somewhere? If not, the non-English version will do just fine!

Thanks in advance!! :)

Does anyone know where I can find a link to download the "making of" documentary that aired in France or Germany (forgot the exact country). I remember watching part of it on YouTube a while back and it wasn't in English but it was still an interesting watch.

Any chance it's in English somewhere? If not, the non-English version will do just fine!

Thanks in advance!! :)

Is this
what you are looking for?

^^Great they are going to Rochester in March, so I guess that means they will be coming down to New York city soon!!! I can't wait!!!

Cirque Du Soleil's Michael Jackson Tribute Show To Come To Rupp
http://www.wtvq.com/content/localne...ow/0Q7CaJ4aWUOnAEb9dsYF6A.cspx?rss=3441Cirque

Original.jpg

The Estate of Michael Jackson and Cirque du Soleil announced Monday that "Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour" will perform in Lexington in May.

The tour, which is one of the top ten grossing music tours of all time, will come to Rupp Arena Friday, May 2 and Saturday, May 3.

Tickets will go on sale to the public on Saturday, February 22 at 10 am.

Created by Cirque du Soleil and directed by Jamie King, The Immortal World Tour is a departure from the company’s previous touring shows, according to tour officials.

Featuring 49 international dancers, musicians, and acrobats, it is presented in a rock concert format that combines the excitement and innovation of Michael Jackson’s music and choreography with Cirque du Soleil’s creativity.

A news release from the touring company says the underpinnings of The Immortal World Tour are Michael Jackson’s powerful, inspirational music and lyrics—the driving force behind the show—brought to life with extraordinary power and breathless intensity.

Through unforgettable performances, the show underscores Michael’s global messages of love, peace and unity, and the band includes some of the same artists who previously worked side by side with Michael.

For more information about the show, you can visit www.cirquedusoleil.com/MichaelJackson.

I am so excite that it is coming to Louisville,Ky. I saw the Show in LA at the Staple Center now i will see it again Apr 25th at 8:00pm at the Yum Center i have my ticket already just order it today in the pre-sale so i am ready. More tissues i will have again.

Original.jpg

^^What! Did you have Immortal in Sweden?
If they are coming back to Europe, they better sort themselves out and do a show in Ireland first. We didn't get them here:-(

^^What! Did you have Immortal in Sweden?
If they are coming back to Europe, they better sort themselves out and do a show in Ireland first. We didn't get them here:-(

We didn't in Scotland either.

Thread cleaned: Keep all death hoax discussion/clues/pictures etc. in the designated thread for that topic. MJJC allows this discussion in our controversy forum for members who wish to discuss it. but please note: Out of respect for Michael and his children MJJC does not officially support the death hoax theory in any way. ~ Admin Team / MJJC

Thank you for your cooperation and as always if you have any questions or concerns PM Admin and do not derail the thread by replying or discussing moderation actions on your posts or moderation requests on the board.

Back