The Official Britney Spears Drama Thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Well, I'll put it this way then. Does the Britney Spears scandal have to be covered so extensively by the media, especially when there are a lot more important things going on in America right now like the debates?

Well, I'll put it this way then. Does the Britney Spears scandal have to be covered so extensively by the media, especially when there are a lot more important things going on in America right now like the debates?

Well whenever a celebrity has a downfall like this (and like MJ had) the media always covers it extensively. Especially when a big name celebrity gets committed, thats huge and doesnt happen. If Brits downfall benefited a certain politician Id say yes but its not and has no effect on the election at all.

U dont live in America so ill answer that one for ya.
The reason people are following this Britney Spears story so heavily is because shes a celebrity that people really care about. All they've been saying is that they hope she gets better, that she loves her kids, and that they wish her the best. No one wants to see anything bad happen to her.
She is a celebrity. If any celebrity had a downfall like she has then they would cover it no matter what else was going on at the time.
And dont worry every other story on tv is circled around the debates.

I just think it's all too much when Americans should really be focusing on other issues. And I don't think you have to be American to realize the media pays too much attention to celebrities. I've spent a lot of time in the UK. If you this the US is bad you aint seen nothin yet.

The reason people are following this Britney Spears story so heavily is because shes a celebrity that people really care about.

Its not necessarily because people care about her, its because ppl (especially the media) like to build people up and then tear them down and love to watch them fall. Its like the scene of an accident where everyone slows down to see the disaster. Well Brits is the disaster and the media is everyone slowing down to take a look. We're the people who get told about what happened and want to check it out for ourselves.

Nobody of Brits celebrity stature has been sent to the looney bin either. You cant write this tish and people seem to love it.

Im not a fan of Brits and the only ppl I care about in this situation is her kids so for their sake I hope she "dusts of her butt and gets her self-respect back".

Last edited:
I just think it's all too much when Americans should really be focusing on other issues. And I don't think you have to be American to realize the media pays too much attention to celebrities. I've spent a lot of time in the UK. If you this the US is bad you aint seen nothin yet.

I agree somewhat - but to be perfectly honest they dont really focus alot on it. They just give updates that last MAYBE 5 minutes then they move on. Now if you watch something like the E Channel that does focus on celebrities then of course you are gonna get more.

Its not necessarily because people care about her, its because ppl (especially the media) like to build people up and then tear them down and love to watch them fall. Its like the scene of an accident where everyone slows down to see the disaster. Well Brits is the disaster and the media is everyone slowing down to take a look. We're the people who get told about what happened and want to check it out for ourselves.

Nobody of Brits celebrity stature has been sent to the looney bin either. You cant write this tish and people seem to love it.

Im not a fan of Brits and the only ppl I care about in this situation is her kids so for their sake I hope she "dusts of her butt and gets her self-respect back".

Thats not true at all. No one wants to see her fall, shes making herself fall all on her own. Its just interesting to people if they are fans or not because shes fallen so far so fast and i think people are just shocked more than anything.
Like i said - ALL the stations say all positive things about her. You arent here so u probably wouldnt know would you?

No one wants to see her fall, shes making herself fall all on her own. You arent here so u probably wouldnt know would you?

Trust me the media love to watch her fall. She's giving them a show thats making them millions for nothing.

Plus I have cable (which is mostly American TV) and the net and see enough to know and most of them pay her out.

Last edited:
Thats not true at all. No one wants to see her fall, shes making herself fall all on her own.

^ Did Michael Jackson make himself fall?

I think the media loves doing this. They love building someone up just to tear them down. It Australia we call it the "tall poppy" syndrome. If someone becomes too famous, too successful, people like to bring them back down to their level.

Last edited:

I think the media loves doing this. They love building someone up just to tear them down. It Australia we call it the "tall poppy" syndrome. If someone becomes too famous, too successful, people like to bring them back down to their level.

Exactly. I agree.

Trust me the media love to watch her fall. She's giving them a show thats making them millions for nothing.

Plus I have cable (which is mostly American TV) and the net and see enough to know and most of them pay her out.

Whatever....its comments like that which is why she is in the position shes in. People are enabling her behavior by blaming it on everyone else.
If she didnt do the things she did then there would be nothing to talk about.

Well i think the fact that Britney is doing this to herself and in Michaels situation there were two boys who lied - so i dont see where one person has anything to do with each other. Do you?
He wasnt 'torn down' here until those boys said what they did. Period. Then some people started to believe it and obviously if you believe that then u arent gonna like him anymore.

No, no, it started long before that. As soon as his Diana Ross looking ass was signing "Bad" they jumped on him like vultures on a dead corpse. That wasn't even the start of the MJ bashing. But it's when it got real bad. As early as 1984/85 they were media programs bashing Michael and even then saying he had an addiction to plastic surgery and saying he wasn't proud of his natural race because even then they could see signs of the vitiligo taking effect. Ofcourse, they didn't know it was vitiligo at the time, they just bashed him relentlessly. But Michael pretty much did nothing to deserve the media bashing. And IMO, Britney didn't do anything to deserve the crap she gets. Since when does losing your mind a little warrant such a huge onslaught of media bashing and public ridicule?

No, no, it started long before that. As soon as his Diana Ross looking ass was signing "Bad" they jumped on him like vultures on a dead corpse. That wasn't even the start of the MJ bashing. But it's when it got real bad. As early as 1984/85 they were media programs bashing Michael and even then saying he had an addiction to plastic surgery and saying he wasn't proud of his natural race because even then they could see signs of the vitiligo taking effect. Ofcourse, they didn't know it was vitiligo at the time, they just bashed him relentlessly. But Michael pretty much did nothing to deserve the media bashing. And IMO, Britney didn't do anything to deserve the crap she gets. Since when does losing your mind a little warrant such a huge onslaught of media bashing and public ridicule?

Oh lets not go there. If you are saying that the media is the fault of his demise here then - okay yeah.
No one does anything to 'deserve' the media bashing as u call it, but all of them know that if they do something negative they are gonna get press for it. They ALL know that. Its not just Britney - its not just Michael - its ALL of them. Its always been that way.

The media Killed Princess Diana, they tried to ruin Michael Jackson and now they are driving Britney round the bend. They are vultures. I hate the lot of them. The govt cannot do anything to control them because they are a part of the system.:mello:

Whatever....its comments like that which is why she is in the position shes in.

Well i think the fact that Britney is doing this to herself

You contradicted yourself there. Brits to blame for all of this and nobody else. No the media, not her fans, not me only Brits who is responsible for Brits actions.

Last edited:
You contradicted yourself there. Brits to blame for all of this and nobody else. No the media, not her fans, not me only Brits who is responsible for Brits actions.

I didnt contradict myself :mello:
U saying that its the medias fault is enabling her behavior. In other words...its making it seem like its okay.

Last edited:
Anywayssssssssssssssss.....lets get back on topic shall we?

(From tmz) http://www.tmz.com/category/britney-spears

Sources at UCLA Medical Center tell TMZ Britney Spears has been classified as "G.D." -- Gravely Disabled. That is a huge and dangerous deal. That means the patient is unable to take care of basic needs, such as the acquisition of food, clothing or shelter. Being G.D. is one of the criteria for involuntary commitment.

Several health care professionals tell us Britney has fallen into a "manic state" due to her bipolar disorder. We're also told she arrived at the hospital this morning at around 2:15 AM, but wasn't admitted until 4:15 AM because she was causing such a scene in the hospital.

We first reported that Britney accused her mother of sleeping with her boyfriend. Now we have more. We're told Britney screamed, "The only reason she's admitting me is because she wants to be alone with her boyfriend! She wants to sleep with my boyfriend!!" Britney never said exactly who she was talking about.

When Brit calmed down, she talked about her kids, how much she misses them and how it's unfair that she doesn't have them.

Last edited:
You're kidding, right?

Britney did nothing wrong and she was being harrassed and hounded by paparazzi. I would be just as mad and irritated if my life was constantly like that everyday.

Sorry I wasn't kidding. Watch the video again and ask where's the dignity Brit used to have? She's just basically feeding the paps and tabloids with a behaviour and acts like that one. When you say nothing, there's nothing to report.

I didnt contradict myself :mello:
U saying that its the medias fault is enabling her behavior. In other words...its making it seem like its okay.

Your putting words in my mouth. You didnt read what you quoted and I didnt say it was the medias fault in any other post either. I said that Brits is the car wreck, and the passerbys who slow down to look at the disaster are the media. Brits is her own worst enemy. The media are doing what they've always done, cashed in on others misfortune.

Anywayssssssssssssssss.....lets get back on topic shall we?

This is what the topic is. This thread is for such discussions.

(From tmz) http://www.tmz.com/category/britney-spears

Sources at UCLA Medical Center tell TMZ Britney Spears has been classified as "G.D." -- Gravely Disabled. That is a huge and dangerous deal. That means the patient is unable to take care of basic needs, such as the acquisition of food, clothing or shelter. Being G.D. is one of the criteria for involuntary commitment.

Several health care professionals tell us Britney has fallen into a "manic state" due to her bipolar disorder. We're also told she arrived at the hospital this morning at around 2:15 AM, but wasn't admitted until 4:15 AM because she was causing such a scene in the hospital.

We first reported that Britney accused her mother of sleeping with her boyfriend. Now we have more. We're told Britney screamed, "The only reason she's admitting me is because she wants to be alone with her boyfriend! She wants to sleep with my boyfriend!!" Britney never said exactly who she was talking about.

When Brit calmed down, she talked about her kids, how much she misses them and how it's unfair that she doesn't have them.

You're not really reading what others are actually posting are you? I already posted this news.

Last edited:
Sorry I wasn't kidding. Watch the video again and ask where's the dignity Brit used to have? She's just basically feeding the paps and tabloids with a behaviour and acts like that one. When you say nothing, there's nothing to report.
When one is sick, mentally, they hardly have control over what they do or say. That is unfortunate. Poor girl.:mello:

Get a grip.
:lol:Yeah um I know whats going on unlike some. Im not the one misconstruing what people say despite quoting them and then posting what others have post all for one reason...not opening ones eyes! :p

:lol:Yeah um I know whats going on unlike some. Im not the one misconstruing what people say despite quoting them and then posting what others have post all for one reason...not opening ones eyes! :p

Um. Okay?

http://x17online.com/celebrities/britney_spears/

Theres the very latest on the situation.....they dont seem to know much more than they did yesterday.
I really hope shes kept more than 72 hours.

can we plz leave michael outta here ? hes got nothing to do with this subject.
why bring him into every goddamn subject thats totally unrelated to him ?
and nobodys driving britney round the bend. the girl is mentally ill. she has bipolar disorder or whatever. she needs psychotherapy. its got nothing to do with the tabloids and the media. they take advantage of her whole situation so they can get money outta this yes. but they're not responsible for whats happening to her right now.

and nobodys driving britney round the bend. the girl is mentally ill. she has bipolar disorder or whatever. she needs psychotherapy. its got nothing to do with the tabloids and the media. they take advantage of her whole situation so they can get money outta this yes. but they're not responsible for whats happening to her right now.

Thank you!
TOTALLY AGREE!

Last edited:
This is exactly what Ive been saying.

Thank you!
TOTALLY AGREE!
:eek:Oh now you agree but when I say it you challenge me. :lol:

Back