The Official Britney Spears Drama Thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
can we plz leave michael outta here ? hes got nothing to do with this subject.
why bring him into every goddamn subject thats totally unrelated to him ?
and nobodys driving britney round the bend. the girl is mentally ill. she has bipolar disorder or whatever. she needs psychotherapy. its got nothing to do with the tabloids and the media. they take advantage of her whole situation so they can get money outta this yes. but they're not responsible for whats happening to her right now.
I disagree with that. In everything there is cause and effect. The media is right in the centre of it all. People don't just get mentally ill, it takes something to trigger it off. The media has been hounding this girl for a long time now, just like they hounded MJ and Diana. Diana also had a mental illness not unlike Britney's. MJ was strong, he had a strong family bond and the love and support from friends and fand, This girl seems to have noone.

I disagree with that. In everything there is cause and effect. The media is right in the centre of it all. People don't just get mentally ill, it takes something to trigger it off. The media has been hounding this girl for a long time now, just like they hounded MJ and Diana. Diana also had a mental illness not unlike Britney's. MJ was strong, he had a strong family bond and the love and support from friends and fand, This girl seems to have noone.

People dont get bipolar disorder because of the media. If that was the case then everyone thats a celebrity would have that.
I dont get why on earth some fans want to have someone to blame for things like this. Ill never ever understand that.

When one is sick, mentally, they hardly have control over what they do or say. That is unfortunate. Poor girl.:mello:

Yes I know she's mentally ill, but don't you agree then she should be hospitalized or something (and more than just for a few hours) so her condition could be taken care of and not going out and about giving paps what they are after for?

Would you just get over it?
And no thats not exactly what uve been saying.

Another clear case of you not reading my posts properly because um yeah thats exactly what Ive been saying.:rolleyes:

Get over what exactly? You're blind sightedness?:lol:

Another clear case of you not reading my posts properly because um yeah thats exactly what Ive been saying.:rolleyes:

Get over what exactly? You're blind sightedness?:lol:

Uve got me. I dont read ur posts. Happy now? lol
Now can u move on to something else? lol

Last edited:
Yes I know she's mentally ill, but don't you agree then she should be hospitalized or something (and more than just for a few hours) so her condition could be taken care of and not going out and about giving paps what they are after for?

Yes, Britney needs care and attention and a LOT of love. The girl has been crying out for attention for many years now. When she married that friend and divorce hin the same day, that was a warning sign that something is wrong. Celebrity is sometimes a very lonely place to be. Not everyone is designed to cope with that type of attention. Princess Diana has serious mental disorder that nobody knew about. She too wasn't prepared for the media attention that she was getting. Many celebs kill themselves, some turn to drinks and drugs to cope with it. What Britney needs is space and time and she doesn't need the media in her face 24/7.
Taking her children away from her was also not a good idea. that was bound to make her situation worse. Poor girl.

The woman treating Britney Spears is -- thankfully -- being praised by her colleagues for her compassion and her credentials.

Dr. Deborah Nadel is "an excellent clinician and an excellent psychiatrist," says Harold Young, Clinical Director at the Maple Counseling Center in Beverly Hills, to People.

Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Nadel graduated from University of California Medical School in San Francisco 18 years ago, and she did her residency at UCLA, records show.

TMZ

Being locked up in the psych ward won't keep Britney from getting her fast food fix! Her manservant, Sam Lutfi, dropped by with some In-N-Out for the popwreck.

On the long walk to and from his car at UCLA Medical Center, Sam was bombarded with questions by TMZ. He said Britney is doing "good" and that he doesn't speak to Lynne Spears at all -- and denies that he argued with Brit's father, Jamie.

As TMZ first reported, an all-out war over Britney erupted early Thursday morning when she was committed -- with Sam reportedly fighting with Brit's family over who would control her treatment. As of now, her parents are in the driver's seat.

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1399286249

I think this Sam/her parents thing is gonna do Britney more harm than good. Sam should have NO say so about her treatment options what-so-ever.

I think this Sam/her parents thing is gonna do Britney more harm than good. Sam should have NO say so about her treatment options what-so-ever.

I agree from what Ive read that he's causing nothing but trouble but can someone explain to me who exactly he is and why he is involved? I know he had legal papers from Brits saying he has control over medical decisions and Brits parents were very pissed about that but now the hospital is working with the parents.

I agree from what Ive read that he's causing nothing but trouble but can someone explain to me who exactly he is and why he is involved? I know he had legal papers from Brits saying he has control over medical decisions and Brits parents were very pissed about that but now the hospital is working with the parents.

Well as far as im aware and by what ive seen and heard he started out as her friend along with that Alli person but now hes calling himself her 'manager'. :rolleyes: I didnt know he had legal papers? Omg...Surely she didnt give him power of attorney? I certainly HOPE not for her sake.
I think hes as dangerous as Adnan is. He just seems to be sliming his way into her life just for the fact of being there. But by what u and i have been posting it seems like Britney is letting him do it by telling her mom to 'shut up' when she tries to counteract what Sam does.
Ugh this whole situation is a total mess. I wish Lynne would do what she says and take Britney back to Louisiana with her for awaile to get her away from Sam and Adnan - maybe then she would come back a whole new person and get her kids back? One can only hope.

Well as far as im aware and by what ive seen and heard he started out as her friend along with that Alli person but now hes calling himself her 'manager'. :rolleyes: I didnt know he had legal papers? Omg...Surely she didnt give him power of attorney? I certainly HOPE not for her sake.
I think hes as dangerous as Adnan is. He just seems to be sliming his way into her life just for the fact of being there. But by what u and i have been posting it seems like Britney is letting him do it by telling her mom to 'shut up' when she tries to counteract what Sam does.
Ugh this whole situation is a total mess. I wish Lynne would do what she says and take Britney back to Louisiana with her for awaile to get her away from Sam and Adnan - maybe then she would come back a whole new person and get her kids back? One can only hope.

In the interview with The Insider, Adnan was blaming Sam for Brits recent troubles.

Where is Adnan in all this? I heard Brits call for him once on a video that was after the interview he did so they were still talking but I havent heard anything about him since Brits was committed.

TMZ has learned there is a bitter fight underway as this story is published. It's taking place in the halls of UCLA Medical Center. As of right now, Jamie and Lynne Spears have been told they are not calling the shots in making medical decisions on behalf of Britney. Right now, it appears Sam Lutfi is in the driver's seat, but that could all change.

Sources tell us after Britney's stay at Cedars earlier this month, she had her lawyers draft paperwork making it clear she did not want her parents involved in making medical decisions on her behalf. We're told her dad had gone ballistic back then, screaming and swearing at Lutfi -- even pushing him -- in front of Britney.

As to what paperwork was signed, the cleanest thing would be if Britney signed a durable power of attorney, giving someone power to make medical decisions on her behalf in an emergency. We are told no such document was signed, but somehow Britney made it clear she wanted Lutfi to make those decisions.

Right now, the doctors at UCLA are working with Lutfi and not the parents, but lawyers have been called and the tension in the air is thick. We're told Jamie was screaming at Sam in the hallway, accusing him of trying to control his daughter's mind.

TMZ has learned Britney's parents have won round one in the tug of war with Sam Lutfi. We're told the doctors at UCLA are now "fully cooperating" with the parents in the treatment of Britney Spears, however, the war probably is not over until a judge signs an order as to who has control.

By the way, the men in white coats are giving props to LAPD's "SMART Unit" which specializes in mental health cases for coordinating the events that went down last night and early this morning.

UPDATE: Sam Lutfi left the hospital before 4:00 AM. Papa Jamie just left.

I hope she gets the help she needs and sam should just out of it.
Her parents are the ones thar should have their say on her medical decisions
not sam. there's my 3 cents

Last edited:
Taking her children away from her was also not a good idea. that was bound to make her situation worse. Poor girl.

actually that was a very good idea as she could easily harm them without even realizing it.

I disagree with that. In everything there is cause and effect. The media is right in the centre of it all. People don't just get mentally ill, it takes something to trigger it off. The media has been hounding this girl for a long time now,

most cases of ppl with a mental illness have a family history of mental illnesses.
also the abuse of drugs and alcohol have a lot to do with that too
if she wasnt famous she would be in the same place right now
maybe ur right and the media had sth to do with some of her breakdowns etc but they're certainly not in the centre of it all. many infamous ppl like u and me get mentally ill everyday.
nobody notice them cuz they're not celebs like britney.
also, i'd like to remind u that the media had always been positive towards her until the day she started having probs and she started acting odd. maybe the media made her mental situation worse but even if they were totally positive towards her she'd be where she is right now. in the psychiatric clinic getting a mental evaluation...
i do feel sorry for her and i do wish her well of course but i cant ignore the fact that she brought it all to herself. u dont go crazy cuz u got paps hounding u and tabloids talking trash about u. tabloids talk trash about everyone. its their job. every friggin hollywood celeb is being hounded by paps all the time. not just brit. so why she went crazy and noboyd else ?
its like this: some infamous ppl (like u and me) dont go crazy some do (like jannut lol)
some famous ppl dont go crazy and some do
celeb are humans just like us. they can get sick both physically and mentally just like us
bipolar disorder is a mental illness just like cancer is a physical illness
if she had cancer we wouldnt blame the media would we ? so why blame it now that she has a mental illness ? i'm a psychology student and i can safely tell u that u can get bipolar disorder even if ur the happiest person alive with no troubles whatsoever

most cases of ppl with a mental illness have a family history of mental illnesses.
also the abuse of drugs and alcohol have a lot to do with that too
if she wasnt famous she would be in the same place right now
maybe ur right and the media had sth to do with some of her breakdowns etc but they're certainly not in the centre of it all. many infamous ppl like u and me get mentally ill everyday.
nobody notice them cuz they're not celebs like britney.
also, i'd like to remind u that the media had always been positive towards her until the day she started having probs and she started acting odd. maybe the media made her mental situation worse but even if they were totally positive towards her she'd be where she is right now. in the psychiatric clinic getting a mental evaluation...
i do feel sorry for her and i do wish her well of course but i cant ignore the fact that she brought it all to herself. u dont go crazy cuz u got paps hounding u and tabloids talking trash about u. tabloids talk trash about everyone. its their job. every friggin hollywood celeb is being hounded by paps all the time. not just brit. so why she went crazy and noboyd else ?
its like this: some infamous ppl (like u and me) dont go crazy some do (like jannut lol)
some famous ppl dont go crazy and some do
celeb are humans just like us. they can get sick both physically and mentally just like us
bipolar disorder is a mental illness just like cancer is a physical illness
if she had cancer we wouldnt blame the media would we ? so why blame it now that she has a mental illness ? i'm a psychology student and i can safely tell u that u can get bipolar disorder even if ur the happiest person alive with no troubles whatsoever
Roxanne, many people are prone to mental illness. because of genes of trama in their childhood or whatever, however, these people could manage very well until there is a trigger to send them off the edge. Some of the things that can trigger such illness is the feeling of worthlessness,self loathing, low self-esteem, and lack of love. If you are sailing high in the charts you get a lot of people who just want you for what you can give them, that can be a trigger. If you are constantly critcised by fans or media, that too can be a trigger, also If you feel that the man you love only wants you for your money. Anything could have triggered this type of behaviour and send her over the edge. The media has exaserbated her problem, and when she cut her hair in public, that was when someone should have come right in there and grabbed hold of her and give her some love. That was a cry for help. Nobody did a damn thing, we left her at the mercies of the hyenas and we laughed at her.
We should be ashamed of ourselved. WE watched this poor girl having a melt down in a public place and none of us tried to do anything about it. How do we know how those pictures that the paps took and distributed around the world, without her permission, have affected her self esteem, we will never know. :huh:

Last edited:
In the interview with The Insider, Adnan was blaming Sam for Brits recent troubles.

Where is Adnan in all this? I heard Brits call for him once on a video that was after the interview he did so they were still talking but I havent heard anything about him since Brits was committed.

The only thing ive heard so far about Adnan is that he rode with Lynne Spears to the hospital to see Britney when she arrived.

Okay right now on tv at this moment they are saying that Britney is now in the hands of DOCTORS, not Sam or Lynne. So thats a GOOD THING! :)

Roxanne, many people are prone to mental illness. because of genes of trama in their childhood or whatever, however, these people could manage very well untl there is a trigger to send them off the edge. One of the things that can trigger such illness is the feeling of worthlessness, low selfesteem, and lack of love. If you are sailing high in the charts you get a lot of people who just want you for what you can give them, that can be a trigger. If you are constantly critcised by fans or media, that too can be a trigger, also If you feel that the man you l;ove only want you for your money. Anything can trigger this type of behaviour amnd send her over the edge. The media has exaerbatted her problem, amnd when she cut her hair in public, that was when someone should have come right in there and grabbed hold of her and give her some love. That was a cry for help. Nobody did a damn thing, we left her at the mercies of the hyenas and we laughed at her.
We should be a shamed of our selved. WE watched this poor girl having a melt down in a public place and none of us tied to do anything about it. How do we know how those pictures that the paps took without her permission have affected her self esteem, we will never know. :huh:

yes i think u got a great point there however this kind of mental illness cannot be cured by love alone not even in its first stages. there are ppl who suffer from depression (which is a very light mental illness comparing to bipolar disorder) and no matter how much love they get they're still depressed. i think ppl confuse mental illnesses with common breakdowns etc
we all get depressed from time to time but actually suffering from depression on a regular basis and not being able to enjoy ur life however perfect it might be is a totally different thing. we all have our "crazy" moments etc but we're not mentally ill. i agree with u to an extent when u say "the media pushed her over the edge" and that "we dont know how things have affected her". thats true.

You guys are both right... there can be very well a trigger like huge stress (btw no matter if positive or negative, example positive: birth of a long wanted child, example negative: break of marriage), but there doesn't have to be a trigger always to detect mental illness.
There can be some kind of family history of mental illnesses but there doesn't have to be.

You always have to do some kind of anamnesis with your client when you really want to know what you're talking about. Good psychiatrists and good psychologists refuse from speculating in public if they did not even talk with their patient/client at least cuz it's simply nonsense, means without any meaning, or better reliability. Ppl who do, well it's just poor attention seeking conduct of greedy ppl, nothing else.

We don't know what's going on between Britney, her family, her ex-husband, her manager or whomever... but yeah guess it's fun to just talk about it.
Yeah ppl speculate just for the fun. As if the world doesn't know real problems effecting everybodies life truely.

Last edited:
We should be ashamed of ourselved. WE watched this poor girl having a melt down in a public place and none of us tried to do anything about it. How do we know how those pictures that the paps took and distributed around the world, without her permission, have affected her self esteem, we will never know.

Are you serious? Be ashamed come on? Brits is the one at fault here as well as all the people around her....not the rest of the world!!!

And what did you expect anyone to do? Run up to her and say, "Hey you're gonna be committed so you be get to the doctor and get help!" She and everyone else would think we we're the ones who need to be committed.

Besides Brits LOVES the paps and the attention. She asks for it most of the time and talks to the paps so casually and calls the 'baby'.

Jamie and Lynne Spears are heading in to an L.A. County Courtroom to establish a conservatorship over their daughter.

TMZ

LIVE STREAM:
http://www.tmz.com/

A Los Angeles court commissioner has placed Britney Spears and her estate under temporary conservatorship.

That means her financial assets and other holdings will be managed by a conservator -- the conservators are Jamie Spears and attorney Andrew Wallet.

The judge did not appoint a conservator to make medical decisions on behalf of Brit because the necessary paperwork was not filed.

As for the conservatorship that was filed -- it is only temporary -- until Monday.

A conservatorship is created when it is deemed that a person cannot care for themselves or handle his or her own affairs.

Source: TMZ

Are you serious? Be ashamed come on? Brits is the one at fault here as well as all the people around her....not the rest of the world!!!

And what did you expect anyone to do? Run up to her and say, "Hey you're gonna be committed so you be get to the doctor and get help!" She and everyone else would think we we're the ones who need to be committed.

Besides Brits LOVES the paps and the attention. She asks for it most of the time and talks to the paps so casually and calls the 'baby'.

Have you ever heard the saying, "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing?" Mental illness is serious, and if Britney does have a mental illness and everybody just stood aside and watched it happen, that makes it even worse. It's like watching someone having a seizure, or passing out from diabetes, and doing nothing to help them. Those people were, in a way, enabling Britney to get sick.

Just because someone's famous, doesn't mean that they're not a human being.

Have you ever heard the saying, "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing?" Mental illness is serious, and if Britney does have a mental illness and everybody just stood aside and watched it happen, that makes it even worse. It's like watching someone having a seizure, or passing out from diabetes, and doing nothing to help them. Those people were, in a way, enabling Britney to get sick.

Just because someone's famous, doesn't mean that they're not a human being.

Oh because we're all qualified medical experts that can determine these things from the outside looking in are we? And nobody would be able to get into her circle anyway. Plus if Brits isnt listening to her family, the why would she listen to some stranger? Nothing we could do would have helped her. Who are you kidding?

How can you blame someone for their actions when they are mentally ill?:mello:

Oh because we're all qualified medical experts that can determine these things from the outside looking in are we? And nobody would be able to get into her circle anyway. Plus if Brits isnt listening to her family, the why would she listen to some stranger? Nothing we could do would have helped her. Who are you kidding?
If enough of us had written oin or phone in and prtest when the media was making fun of her, instead of condemning her actions, the media would have thought twice about prolonging her agony. It can be done. When Frank Bruno was ill and had to go to hospital, the daily mail wrote a piece, makinf fun of him. There was a national outcry and the media withdrew the piece and appologised to Frank Bruno. The people of America should have done something a long tiime age, esp when the paps took that picture of her private and plastered it all over the world's media. This child was sick, and they took pictures of her private and showed the whole world.What a sick people we have become.:(

How can you blame someone for their actions when they are mentally ill?:mello:

Well we certainly arent at fault here. The ppl who should have done something earlier is her family and the ppl in her inner circle.
The conservators who were appointed to manage Britney's assets have broad authority, including changing the locks to her house and keeping out anyone they want -- we're guessin' that's Sam Lutfi.

The judge granted the conservators -- Jamie Spears and a lawyer co-conservators -- have the power to hire 24-hour security at her house, access her medical records and communicate with treating physicians.

They also have the power to make any decisions on her behalf, and can revoke any contracts she may have made recently -- which might include the new Mercedes she just bought.

The judge in the hearing did not give the conservators power to make medical decisions on behalf of Britney, but that really is the upshot.

The conservators -- Jamie Spears and Andrew Wallet -- can communicate with Brit's doctors and access medical records.

In terms of managing Brit's estate, the function of Wallet -- a respected lawyer who has handled many similar matters -- is to ensure there is an independent voice in the management of her estate, and we're told that's something Jamie and Lynne are down with.

The effect of the order is that Sam Lutfi has, at least temporarily, been shut out of Britney's world. He will not be able to go to her home or the hospital, or have any other contact with her.

The judge in the hearing today has issued a restraining order against SOMEONE -- ordering that person to stay away from Britney Spears.

Although the judge didn't say specifically who that someone was -- it's clear that person is Sam Lutfi.

The judge found, in effect, that Lutfi has been harassing Britney. Thus the civil harassment restraining order.

This will effectively bar Lutfi from going to the hospital.

The restraining order is in effect for 22 days, but uber-attorney Goldie Schon tells TMZ that Brit's folks could turn it into a permanent order at the end of those 22 days.

Source: TMZ

Back