• Pink

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
P!nk is the "popqueen" 4 me
cause she trust in herself ;)
and that´s what makes her authencial...

Probably Madonna, but I must admit I'm not a huge fan of any of the above

Madonna is the true Queen of POP,

Mariah and Whitney are more r&b then pop......

- Madonna's career has spanned through 3 different decades
- She has outsold the other artists on the above list
- She is also a better dancer then the others

But more importantly she has a bigger influence then any other female artist............Gaga wouldn't of even sold 1 single without copying Madonna's style, attitude, and her ability to push boundaries!!!

I'm not a fan, but I think Madonna deserves to be 'Queen of Pop'. There's a lot of other princesses, anyway! :D

I voted for Janet because she is a wonderful entertainer. She has better voice than everyone else on the list and can certainly dance better them.

There is only one true Queen of Pop and her name is MADONNA Louise Ciccone. :)

The King and The Queen:

110074-madonna_jackson_617_409.jpg

Madonna and Michael Jackson at the afterparty at Spago's for the 63rd Annual Academy Awards, 1991

110069-madonna_michael_ivy_617_409.jpg

Madonna and Michael Jackson at The Ivy in Los Angeles, 1991

I'm not a Madonna fan, but I voted for her, simply because of the fact she made the biggest impact of these singers. There are better singers than her, better dancers than her, better songwriters than her, but based on her longevity and impact, it's definitely her.

You see artists like Lady Gaga copy her, just like Chris Brown and Usher and others are copying Michael.

Last edited:
Madonna I had always felt she is the Queen of Pop. Because of how long she has been around. Plus I remember being more of a Madonna fan than a Michael fan back in the early to mid 80s. So I am not saying this just because I used to be a fan of hers. Until I had started to like Michael more in the late 80s.

No one ruled the world as a man and woman quite like MJ and Madonna did. And seeing the two of them together at the Oscars was just so surreal. It was like true royalty. Pop royalty.

Although I like Janet much better, I have to vote for Madonna.
I don't know what it is, but she feels like one.

I voted for Madonna too - although I'm not a fan. But this leads me to the question what makes someone stand out, the Queen of Pop? It certainly isn't just sales, because I believe both Mariah and Whitney have better selling albums than Madonna. I think they are both better singers too and from the three of them I prefer Whitney. But I still voted for Madonna.

Had to go with Madonna. Even though there's better singers out there, her impact on pop culture is undeniable.

Hands down Madonna for all the obvious reasons.

I find it a bit silly that some Gaga fans laugh at Madonna and think that Gaga has totally taken her thrown and is the new Queen.

Of course Gaga is something fresh in the industry and I like her music,but her career is only like...3 years.

Madonna has totally left her mark in the music industry. : )

For sheer longevity and staying power and constantly reinventing herself along with Michael...it's Madonna for me.

Hands down Madonna for all the obvious reasons.

I find it a bit silly that some Gaga fans laugh at Madonna and think that Gaga has totally taken her thrown and is the new Queen.

Of course Gaga is something fresh in the industry and I like her music,but her career is only like...3 years.

Madonna has totally left her mark in the music industry. : )

I'm a Gaga fan but her little monsters are a scary bunch. Don't even get me started! :bugeyed

IMO it's definitely Madonna. I'm not a fan of her music, but I don't think anyone else has had that kind of success and cultural impact worldwide as her. And she's had a really long career, very few pop artists have such long careers, most are popular for a while but then they fade out. Madonna's still here, she's still popular and I think it's pretty amazing.

I'm a Gaga fan but her little monsters are a scary bunch. Don't even get me started! :bugeyed

LOL I know!I'm a Gaga "fan" too in some way,as I said I really like her music and I believe she's a breakthrough that the music industry has been missing,but I'm not at the fan level to call myself a little monster LOL!

And yeah,some of their claims and their reactions at stuff are just...over the top sometimes!!!GEEZ!!!

In my opinion a singer has to fulfill certain criterias to be able to be called a king/queen of pop (or any other style of music).

For me it's important if I'd call s.o. a king/queen, he/she has to:
- have the capability to create music on his/her own, e.g. song writing, composing, perhaps producing, choreographing (I don't mean the capability to do a dance routine in a spectacular perfect way - it's about creativity!)
- be long time in music business, at least 20 years
- be formative and taking influence on ather singers
- have huge record sales
- be well known wordlwide - not just in industrial countries (at least a song of him/her)

I honestly think, that's why Michael has this title justifiably!
For me it's not enough, to fulfill 2-3 criterias, e.g. Madonna. She's a very long time in music business, sold and sells millions of copies and has/had a certain influence on others. But the main reason, why I can't call her a queen of pop is that she's not known for creating her own music. She has songwriters, composers.. I don't want to sound rude, but for me it's a sign of a loss of creativity (Please correct me if I'm that wrong as I'm not that much into Madge's art).
Let's take a look at Britney. When she was on her peak she sold millions of CDs, filled stadiums, won awards worldwide. But she wasn't long enough at the top and also her own creativity skills aren't that concise. I'm aware that she wrote some of her songs, especially on her last album, but did she succeed?
Mariah and Whitney have (respectively had) amazing voices and great success at the CD stores. But again, for me that's not enough to justify a queen of pop.
I could go on with the singers listed above similarly but I think my point of view is clearly stated. :)

So judging by my criterias there is no female analog to Michael - and I don't say this cuz I'm a MJ-fan!
I'm not really a fan of Lady GaGa but in my eyes she has the possibility to be called a queen of pop if she's able to keep reigning popular music culture for the next decade(s).

Back