The View at the O2?

i know this is probably a silly question,but what is the age limit for an event at the 02,my daughter is 10yrs old and is a big mj fan,but a friend of mine last night got me thinking,when she said there might be an age limit,what do you think?i went to dangerous tour at wembley and as far as i remember there were kids there of all ages,but different venues may have different rules.
huh? there shouldnt have an age limit.
I saw Mj when I was 11 in 1996.

So is there a pitch to the floor to help standing people see or is the stage up high enough to allow all people on the floor to see it?

End stage setup.

02_Arena_Seated.JPG

End stage standing.

11248s.gif

There are all kinds of configurations. The are center stage configs too.

I am a little worried about getting a ticket. How fast did the History concerts sell out? even with presales, I think it might be hard to get tickets. 20,000 is a big arena, but still. I don't think he will have any problems at all selling out 10 dates in a week or 2.

I'm afraid I won't be able to see anything if I stand in the field. I'm not that tall! What are the best seats any way?

I pray to God that they take away the seats on the floor and let people stand. It can't be seating. It will be a nightmare lol. Even Michael said himself on PHM that fans don't want seats! It's more like a festival! lol

I've sat in the highest tier when I saw The Spice Girls....it wasn't bad. You can still hear everything perfectly fine, they just looked abit tiny!

I also sat on the lower tier, but further back from the stage which was a much better view of them than the higher tier, and could still hear it perfectly fine!

Standing is fine as long as you're strong enough to hold your ground when it goes mental!

Personally, I don't like standing...I've been to far too many gigs and just bored of it now, so hopefully I'll be able to get some lower tier seated tickets :D

I've sat in the highest tier when I saw The Spice Girls....it wasn't bad. You can still hear everything perfectly fine, they just looked abit tiny!

I also sat on the lower tier, but further back from the stage which was a much better view of them than the higher tier, and could still hear it perfectly fine!

Standing is fine as long as you're strong enough to hold your ground when it goes mental!

Personally, I don't like standing...I've been to far too many gigs and just bored of it now, so hopefully I'll be able to get some lower tier seated tickets :D

What's it like in the standing area for the small peeps? Can they still get a view of the stage or just peoples backs? How high up is the stage from the ground?

how much did you pay for lower tier? was it cheaper than standing/seating?

i know this is probably a silly question,but what is the age limit for an event at the 02,my daughter is 10yrs old and is a big mj fan,but a friend of mine last night got me thinking,when she said there might be an age limit,what do you think?i went to dangerous tour at wembley and as far as i remember there were kids there of all ages,but different venues may have different rules.

I wouldn't imagine they'd be an age limit but if you're taking children, I'd advise getting seats rather than stading. I went to see Michael in 1988 at Wembley stadium and when MJ came on stage I was literally picked up with the crowd and caried forward 20 ft! I'd be scared that I'd lose my child if I took her with me! It gets VERY manic!

Before when I have been to the O2 there was an age limit. Under 14's had to be accompained by an adult and no under 16's were allowed in the standing area.
But i suppose it depends on who is playing so it might not be the same this time.

StarTrader....im not too sure, im quite tall myself, but the stage is kinda high up from the ground level, and if you're stuck with a mega tall person in front with you it's not too good :( even for me!

Shamonee....the tickets were £60 for high tier and £80 for lower tier and standing. basically, the closer you are the more expensive. and up the top is always cheaper

:)

StarTrader....im not too sure, im quite tall myself, but the stage is kinda high up from the ground level, and if you're stuck with a mega tall person in front with you it's not too good :( even for me!

Shamonee....the tickets were £60 for high tier and £80 for lower tier and standing. basically, the closer you are the more expensive. and up the top is always cheaper

:)

Could I get away with pushing myself to the front? Or is it literally impossible?

Great footage of the O2 Arena, not my film.

It looks huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge haha :)
Woah that is HUGE! :bugeyed Imagine all them screaming at once! Wooah!

LOL good thing they did a 360, looks awesome! :lol:

Last edited:
EEEEp, all this talk of seats and views and stuff is stressing me out haha

oh... i can't think about all this. it's really stressful :)))))) i can't believe that it all will be...............

I know what you mean, its all still very surreal to me that my favourite artist is doing something. I have never experienced this before haha

To be talking about new developments in his career is just crazy to me, it still hasnt really set it!

I know what you mean, its all still very surreal to me that my favourite artist is doing something. I have never experienced this before haha

To be talking about new developments in his career is just crazy to me, it still hasnt really set it!

yeah me the same... i've been waiting this for so long and now just want to cry and laugh, absolutely crazy feelings. And this view from O2 - impossible to imagine Michael there!! just in few monthes...

Ive been going crazy on this for days too....I cant talk or think about it more than I have lately...and for not knowing if I'll go or not makes me insane!

I think I would prefer standing there close to the stage, tho I know I might faint or not feel well, or be crushed, since Im so tiny! lol

View from the top row in the o2 arena:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwptmlpVnbA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoNejLBy4Jo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiWH8q2EZmg

From the floor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FGKYgp3Fw

There's loads of vids on Youtube to give you a good idea of what sort of view you'll have from different positions in the arena.

Anybody who's been before have any idea of what tier/row this is on? I wouldn't mind a view like that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyYMCzhy4Io

im not sure how it would be for an mj concert, but from videos it looks pretty damn mental, but not impossible if you're strong and determined! lol

Yeah, you're right. I'll probably be trampled on, LOL.

Back