The X Factor USA -- It’s Michael Jackson Week!

Just an embarrassing gaffe from the oldest and most experienced uk x factor judge (louis walsh, manages boy bands) during motown week, when he said after a contestant's performance that, berry gordy, if he was still alive, would have loved that!' I'm pretty sure simon cowell if he had been on the uk show wd have been all over him for that comment.

Lol, Oh Ok . Who the heck did he confuse Berry with?!
Thanks!

I just saw that Rachel sang "Music and Me". Nice.
Nice, yes, but she didn't sing it as sweet as Michael. She sang it too "hard".
Poor cookie, she got the boot tonight. I'm gonna miss her sweet lil face and unique voice.

I saw the performances on youtube and wow they were good. I really liked Melanie sing the Earth Song. The rap kid who sang the rap from B&W did not impress me t all.

Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour cast on 'X Factor' U.S. 2011 finale

"The X Factor" U.S. has not yet officially announced which performers will be featured on the show's first season finale (which Fox will televise in two parts on December 21 and December 22, 2011), but some news has already started to leak out about who will be the season-finale performers.

The latest update is that Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour (from Cirque du Soleil) will be featured in the season finale.

Celebrity journalist Robin Leach broke the news on his Twitter account when he posted this message on December 16, 2011:

Michael Jackson's Immortal has 3 dark days coming up so cast can do 3days filming with Simon Cowell Paula Abdul on X Factor.

Indeed, the show (which is in Las Vegas until December 27, 2011) has canceled performances on December 20, 21, 22 and 23.

The Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour was heavily promoted in the November 30, 2011 episode of "The X Factor" U.S., which had a Michael Jackson theme of the contestants singing songs that were originally performed by Jackson as a solo artist or as a member of the Jackson 5/The Jacksons. Several members of the Jackson family (Michael's mother, his three kids and three of his brothers) attended this "X Factor" show.

As previously reported, other performers who will be featured in "The X Factor" U.S. first season finale include Stevie Wonder, Justin Bieber, Leona Lewis and several former "X Factor" U.S. finalists, including 14-year-old songstress Drew and female quartet Lakoda Rayne.

The final three "X Factor" U.S. contestants of 2011 are 19-year-old Melanie Amaro, 30-year-old Josh Krajcik and 28-year-old Chris Rene. The winner will be announced on December 22, 2011.

http://www.examiner.com/the-x-facto...tour-cast-will-be-on-x-factor-u-s-2011-finale

Thank you KingMikeJ. :) I will surely be tuning in. Maybe this finale will give me a taste
of the actual Cirque show that I wrestled over seeing or not. Ultimately, I opted not to
see the show.

Josh and Melanie have been my faves from the very beginning.

I was thoroughly enjoying the the cirque performance on tonight's show until the x factor contestants came out and assaulted my ears at the end of the performance. The 2 male contestants' voices didn't blend into the performance at all.

I was thoroughly enjoying the the cirque performance on tonight's show until the x factor contestants came out and assaulted my ears at the end of the performance. The 2 male contestants' voices didn't blend into the performance at all.

Horrendous!!!!!! They butchered MJ's song and wrecked a nice opportunity to sell the show to viewers. SMDH.

Whoever thought of getting these contestants involved in the performance....YOU FAILED!!

And they just stood there not even trying to move to the song at the end..it looked so awkward. I know the Cirque dancers rehearsed...but I am willing to bet these three didn't.

Last edited:
I don't watch these karokee shows for that reason. My sister is saying the same that the competitors messed up the Cirque performance. And Melanie went home, she is the one that sang Earth songs a few weeks ago and the best voice there but, she is going home now? So I read on FB?! X Factor was better in the UK should have stand there IMO! Especially since we already had that dreadful American Idol show!

What did he say?

The most naturally gifted entertainer ever. No one can touch him. People talk about his phenomenal solo career, but the deepest genius he saw in MJ was as a child. He was a child singing with the same talent, intensity as Aretha Franklyn, James Brown or any great vocalist.

Also spoke about his week recording in the studio with MJ, and hanging with the kids.

The most naturally gifted entertainer ever. No one can touch him. People talk about his phenomenal solo career, but the deepest genius he saw in MJ was as a child. He was a child singing with the same talent, intensity as Aretha Franklyn, James Brown or any great vocalist.

Also spoke about his week recording in the studio with MJ, and hanging with the kids.

Thank you. Really nice comments from Lenny.

Even tho I have nothing to compare the performance of TDCAU by the X-Factor contestants
to,( I didnt see the real deal),I still enjoyed it. Was it the best performance in the world?
Not by any means, but it wasn't all THAT bad.
Josh being one of my faves sorta disappointed me last night, boring and dry but he can
definately sing. And Melanie, well she was just amazing.
Oh, and that's just my opinion. ;)

I'm so pissed that they included the 3 contestants in this! Who's idea was that?? SMH..

Like someone said it was extremely awkward... As soon as the screens opened I couldn't tell who it was walkin out at first.. I was like Janet?! Say whaaaaaa....

But then I was like noooooo! Cuz I knew right away it wasn't gonna be what I wanted to see (and I watch the show and like all 3 contestans btw).. then they drowned out MJs vocals and it just went downhill from there..

I don't even wanna show this performance to any friends or family like I did the Dancing With The Stars performance..

That one was perfection!

Horrendous!!!!!! They butchered MJ's song and wrecked a nice opportunity to sell the show to viewers. SMDH.

Whoever thought of getting these contestants involved in the performance....YOU FAILED!!

And they just stood there not even trying to move to the song at the end..it looked so awkward. I know the Cirque dancers rehearsed...but I am willing to bet these three didn't.

I so agree with you. I was loving the Immortal performance and the 3 X-Factor contestanced appeared and they were not so good. Were they overwhelmed by such an intense song? They should have left it alone to the dancers and Michael...

Seeing this just painfully reminds me for how amazing TDCAU would have been at the concerts. Seriously, would have been amazing.

Back