They cage animals at night?

MJSongbird

Proud Member
Do any of you know if Michael ever finnished making the film They cage the animals at night film he was going to do?
Did he do anything in the end about the film?
I can find some stuff on the internet about it, but it does not say?
Mjsongbird

I was thinking about this the other night!!

I wonder what happened to it. I used to be in touch with someone that claimed to work for the company that was 'doing' the movie, but I never found out if they told me the truth.

Do any of you know if Michael ever finnished making the film They cage the animals at night film he was going to do?

did it ever start?weve heard many stories about different films but things never happen

did it ever start?weve heard many stories about different films but things never happen
The last I saw about it they claimed they were getting ready for auditions. After that statement there was nothing. Although it was a year ago that I last looked it already looked like it was in stasis at that time.

That is what confused me, when he signed the 1991 contract, it stipulated that there would be movie/film projects, but I have never heard of any of them, unless it is talking about music videos which I doubt.

Anyone else have any info on this?

Have you all read the book? I have some great pics of Mike with the author. It will be made eventually. The book is timeless and there is no hurry to have it made. Mike needs to make it a classic. We're talking Academy Award winning material here. I highly suggest you read the book if you haven't already.

I was also wondering the other day about what happened to this. Michael was directing, wasn't he?

I guess the project is either on hiatus or it fell through?

Have you all read the book? I have some great pics of Mike with the author. It will be made eventually. The book is timeless and there is no hurry to have it made. Mike needs to make it a classic. We're talking Academy Award winning material here. I highly suggest you read the book if you haven't already.

:eek: Could you upload those pictures of Michael with the author? I would love to see them :yes:

I've never read the book before. Is it that good? I might see if I could find it in the library the next time I'm down there.

Last edited:
Yes I have read it and it is an amazing book...loved it...I would love to see him make it into a movie

who is the author of the book as I might very well check it out in my local library

Whatever happened to Wolfed? I really hope he gets around to making They Cage the Animals at Night and Wolfed. Or at least one or the other. I'm so interested to see what Michael can do in the way of film. The most we've got is Ghosts, and it was more or less an extended music video.

Would have loved had this materialized. ☹️

So glad somebody bumped this thread, this film idea is always in the back of my mind. The book is immensely powerful, I just finished reading it to my children.

Has anybody seen the Netflix film 'Angela's Christmas'? I think the styling and design of that cartoon would work fantastically for 'They cage the animals'. Such a shame Michael never had the chance to develop this idea 😌

Back