This is it: The Music (Live Vocals, Tracklist Discussion) MERGED

Re: Shocked by the amount of live singing.

Does it contain complete songs or only parts of them??? I go to cinema after the weekend for the first time, I will visit 2 or 3 times the cinema... next week.

Does it contain complete songs or only parts of them??? I go to cinema after the weekend for the first time, I will visit 2 or 3 times the cinema... next week.

complete

Thanks, that's nice so we can make our own Soundtrack when we have the DVD within some months.... That's maybe why they did not released a TII soundtrack with the original movie-audio...

i was also pleasantly surprised by his live singing, and he's still AWESOMAZING!

gosh, love Da Man

Michael rehearsed all of the Dangerous tour live though, So that doesnt mean the live shows would have all been live singing for every song.
But seeing him doing it in rehearsals, for Dangerous and TII proves he can do it, which I didn't doubt.. but do wish he carried it out when doing the concerts. Although I can totally understand why.

Re Earth song. I am pretty sure that wasn't live, the vocals were too spot on for it to have been.

I didnt want to have to say all this, and not to take anything away from the film.

But Earth Song was just the demo called 'What about us'. Maybe there were bits at the start that were live. But its not hard for them to cut certain lyrics out to make it seem live.

Billie Jean was the 1981 demo.

Black Or White was all live though I think. Which I was thrilled about!

I think Beat it was all live as well.

Do it, its so much better the second time, It really is

I agree with this, second viewing was even better.

And as for the amount of live singing, I was surprised about the amount of live singing, and I won't ruin the illusion by delving into what was live and what wasn't, or how they did certain things. Suffice it to say Kenny and his editors would have been very busy in the editing room. However, it was still great fun to watch, and a perfect way to memorialise MJ's last performance, the concert that never was.

WBSS was 100% live?

People arent going to like this and a lot of people are going to disgaree with me. But I actually think a certain bit near the end where he sings 'Yeah! Sing it to the world!' is taken from the 2nd leg of the Bad Tour. If not, then it really really sounds like it.

Why is it so hard for you to find out if Earth Song and Billie Jean was live or a simple playback???

Right now we have 50% saying 100% live and 50% saying playback-old demos.

Is it really so hard to find out??? I thought you were all die hard fans???
How can a demo fool you or not??

Anyway I´m finding out for myself on Saturday and then I´m going to tell you which sing is live or jus playback.

People arent going to like this and a lot of people are going to disgaree with me. But I actually think a certain bit near the end where he sings 'Yeah! Sing it to the world!' is taken from the 2nd leg of the Bad Tour. If not, then it really really sounds like it.

I haven´t seen the movie yet but if I believe your ears there is a lot more of playback in the movie than some people say. I think I believe you.

I'm disappointed that Earth Song turns out to be lip-synch, but it's still better for them to have at least used a different version than just the album track. At least it's a bit of a change. As for Billie Jean being the demo also, I can't tell, but it's possible.

I'm disappointed that Earth Song turns out to be lip-synch, but it's still better for them to have at least used a different version than just the album track. At least it's a bit of a change. As for Billie Jean being the demo also, I can't tell, but it's possible.

So Earth Song and Billie Jean are only old demos???

I´ll find out on Saturday for myself. But I trust LTD more than those fans saying live live if we believe LTD there isn´t so much live singing as some people are hyping.

So was Earth song live or not????

that movie was like the other poster said almost 100% live. that's why alot of songs he flubbed, some on purpose to save his vocals

Human Nature was amazing

I haven't heard too many fans talk about this performance, but this was my favorite.

The vocals and the arrangement were just incredible. If I had to choose one song that I would love to have on live cd from this movie, it was this.

Re: Human Nature was amazing

Yeah I think Human Nature was one of my favorites.

It was beautiful beyond imaginable!

I also loved the huge amount of live singing by Michael (and yeah, was also surprised how easily Michael can turn to his aggressive voice used in the bridge of BOW).

A few questions...

1.) now can anyone say for sure whether "Earth" and "Billie" were live or whether actually the demo versions were being used - or both?

2.) regarding the interlude that can be heart in "They don't care about us", when Michael is standing beside the she-guitar player (forgot her name again): In the preview clip released after MJ's death, you could hear that HIStory tune while Michael points a forefinger up (IYKWIM).
Now in the cinema, if I remember it correctly, you could hear a different tune. Is that correct?

3.) at the "Black or white" performance, after the first verse, something went wrong and Michael said something like "oh no, there's just one verse at the beginning" (before the "angry" bridge starts). Did he forget that or was it the band's mistake?

Re: Human Nature was amazing

MJ hit notes I never heard him doing before. The part where he sang "I like loving this way", that was amazing. I want that on mp3!

I really wasn't expecting that much. He sang songs he'd NEVER sang live before. Black or White - 100% live, Earth Song - 100% live... I never thought I'd hear these songs live.

I can totally see why everyone was raving about the ending of IJCSLY - that was old skool black soul right there. Did anyone else notice how he picked the words apart for some lines? That was so cool.

Even most of Smooth Criminal was live apart from the first verse...

Arty will be delighted.

LOL where the hell IS the dude?! he's in hiding :lol:

Okay, I saw it for a second time this morning and I was wrong. Whilst Earth Song does differ from both the album and the demo version, I do believe that it is mostly lip-synched. Billie Jean is as well.

WBSS - 100% live, no doubt
Speechless - 100% live, no doubt
Jam - 98% mimed, 2% live
TDCAU - mimed
Human Nature - 100% live, no doubt
Smooth Criminal - mimed verses, live bridge and chorus
TWYMMF - live intro, mimed verse and chorus, live ad-libs
IJCSLY - 100% live (probably my favourite)
J5 medley - 100% live (incredible vocals at the end of I'll Be There)
Black or White - 100% live (and sounds awesome)
Beat It - 100% live (his voice sounds so strong on this)
Billie Jean - lip-synched demo, live ad-libs
Earth Song - mostly lip-synched, occasional live lines
MITM - mostly lip-synched, occasional live lines

BTW, I enjoyed it so much more the second time round.

He saved his voice in the end of the song, that why he sang falsetto, like in the demo, but sometimes he stopped singing, so it must have been live. Cause the demo version sings all the stuff. Also he sang some of the same lines again and again.

I think it was live. The verses was no doubt live.

When he sang: "I used to dream, I used to glance beyound the stars, now I don't know where we are" - then he stopped. he didn't go up in the high notes and sang although I know we driftet far! - so that part was NO doubt LIVE !

Yeah, I think the bridge was live and some of the choruses sounded live too... but I think it was mixed with playback as well, especially the What About Us parts.

2.) regarding the interlude that can be heart in "They don't care about us", when Michael is standing beside the she-guitar player (forgot her name again): In the preview clip released after MJ's death, you could hear that HIStory tune while Michael points a forefinger up (IYKWIM).
Now in the cinema, if I remember it correctly, you could hear a different tune. Is that correct?

3.) at the "Black or white" performance, after the first verse, something went wrong and Michael said something like "oh no, there's just one verse at the beginning" (before the "angry" bridge starts). Did he forget that or was it the band's mistake?

anybody know?

I also loved the huge amount of live singing by Michael (and yeah, was also surprised how easily Michael can turn to his aggressive voice used in the bridge of BOW).

A few questions...

1.) now can anyone say for sure whether "Earth" and "Billie" were live or whether actually the demo versions were being used - or both?

1. When I first watched it i thought earthsong was mimed and billie jean was live. But your gonna have to watch it multiple times to be 100% sure, and no one can honestly say right now

2.Yeah everyone said that the clip released after his death, the audio was taken from HIStory live in munich. And in the cinema it was the actual recording instead.

3. I cant remember but i think he must of wanted to sing a different version and the band must of thought they had to play the full version. Im not sure

He saved his voice in the end of the song, that why he sang falsetto, like in the demo, but sometimes he stopped singing, so it must have been live. Cause the demo version sings all the stuff. Also he sang some of the same lines again and again.

I think it was live. The verses was no doubt live.

When he sang: "I used to dream, I used to glance beyound the stars, now I don't know where we are" - then he stopped. he didn't go up in the high notes and sang although I know we driftet far! - so that part was NO doubt LIVE !

I think the falsetto part was definately just from the demo. However im baffled by the start. Sounded like the demo but they had cut certain lyrics out to make it sound live. Thats not tohard you know.

Billie Jean was definately the 1981 demo. I dont have any doubt about that. He comes in singing live where he used to on the HIStory tour though.

My favourite bit of the enitre film is when he sings 'Breaking my heart nah!' I love that so much.

Okay, I saw it for a second time this morning and I was wrong. Whilst Earth Song does differ from both the album and the demo version, I do believe that it is mostly lip-synched. Billie Jean is as well.

Jam - 98% mimed, 2% live
TDCAU - mimed

I think you have this spot on! Id agree with everything.

regarding the interlude that can be heart in "They don't care about us", when Michael is standing beside the she-guitar player (forgot her name again): In the preview clip released after MJ's death, you could hear that HIStory tune while Michael points a forefinger up (IYKWIM).

I think that they didn't have enough time to properly edit and mix the footage they released in June, so they overdubbed the video recording with audio from the archives/HIStory tour. Now the original version from the rehearsals is in the movie.

Jam - 98% mimed, 2% live
TDCAU - mimed

what about thriller?

Where's Arty??? I can just see the joy in his eyes after seeing this :D!

Back