This is it: The Music (Live Vocals, Tracklist Discussion) MERGED

Re: Shocked by the amount of live singing.

why do you believe the one person who is saying different? are you drawn to negativity. wait and find out for yourself.

LTD is only talkin about 2 of the songs..and those are the ones that everyone is not sure about - earth song/billie jean. i can't remember billie jean to be honest..but it didn't strike me as massively lipsynced..i can't remember though. man in the mirror was not live i don't think.

LTD agreed with me that this is bang on the money:

WBSS - 100% live, no doubt
Speechless - 100% live, no doubt
Jam - 98% mimed, 2% live
TDCAU - mimed
Human Nature - 100% live, no doubt
Smooth Criminal - mimed verses, live bridge and chorus
TWYMMF - live intro, mimed verse and chorus, live ad-libs
IJCSLY - 100% live (probably my favourite)
J5 medley - 100% live (incredible vocals at the end of I'll Be There)
Black or White - 100% live (and sounds awesome)
Beat It - 100% live (his voice sounds so strong on this)
Billie Jean - lip-synched demo, live ad-libs
Earth Song - mostly lip-synched, occasional live lines
MITM - mostly lip-synched, occasional live lines

Oh no Arty, there is LOTS of live singing in it. Trust me.

Originally Posted by MattyJam
Okay, I saw it for a second time this morning and I was wrong. Whilst Earth Song does differ from both the album and the demo version, I do believe that it is mostly lip-synched. Billie Jean is as well.

Jam - 98% mimed, 2% live
TDCAU - mimed

BTW, I enjoyed it so much more the second time round.

MattyJam said it best. I think this is spot on.

Thriller seemed lip synched to me with a few bits sung live. Its worth it just to see Human nature, Beat it and Black Or White sung 100% live on its own.......

I know Earth song demo, and the version it the film didn't sound like this to me. I think we will never agree on what was live and what wasn't everyone seems to have a different take on it.

Re: Human Nature was amazing

Absolutely. This and IJCSLY were my favorite performances in the whole movie. He really nailed them vocally. I also hope they come out with a live CD.

Beat it - vocals were incredible
Jackson 5 Medley - Amazing
IJCSLY - UNBELIEVEABLE

havent read the whole thread, but so much more than you listed was sung live! practically EVERYTHING was sung live, i barely saw any miming at all.

UNBELIEVABLY INCREDIBLY AMAZING

This is it would have been better than bad tour + dangerous +history x victory tours!!

Ummmmmmm!!!!
live, not live, mimed? .... does it matter?

Well yeah. In a way alot os us want to know what he was actually singing right there and then.

LTD agreed with me that this is bang on the money:

Jam - 98% mimed, 2% live
TDCAU - mimed

yep, i know.. arty took LTD a bit wrong.. think arty thought LTD was saying a lot of it was lipsynced.

I don't think TDCAU was 100% mimed...? I'll have to see again.

I thought I heard a lot of live singing myself. Even in smooth criminal and that one is tough with all the dancing involved. I was just glad to hear him sing again and dance like that again.

I think there was some live in TDCAU!

Yeah I was just talking about Earth Song and Billie Jean.

I think the start of Earth Song was live.

The part where he sings: I used to dream, I used to glance beyond the stars... - I am pretty sure that was live.

I was trying so hard to to cry, and Human Nature ruined me! It was so beautiful, his vocals were perfect and I loved that little growl...

Always been a song I get emotional over when he hits those high notes. :cry:

Yeah, I think Human Nature was my favorite part.

I love the little additions he puts into songs... even the part where he's like:
"Get me out.. AHH *does the hand action*... into the night time"..

I LOVE IT!

I think the reason not many people are talking about it is because:

1. It goes without saying

2. A lot of people had already seen Human Nature over a week ago. Most of it anyway. Thus, it has already been discussed quite a bit.

It was amazing. :)

hey, i was just teasing u guys before i think its a great movie. I just wanted to c how many people would agree with me wen i said it. im going to c it again friday night lol

I am surprised Arty didn't see it as soon as it came out! I think Arty will be happy.

I was shocked at the amount of live singing too. And not just the quantity, but the quality. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' was always sung live, yet this was the best version I've heard. The instrumentation, the backup vocalists, and MJ himself. Seriously awesome.

Black or White, which I don't think he's ever done live vocals on.... it sounded great. Human Nature, Speechless, IJCSLY.... simply flawless.

For me, it wasn't just the live vocals, it was also the band and the backup. This was the total package.

It's funny because I've always said that even though he didn't sing live often in the last ten years or so, I knew for a fact his ability didn't disappear. And yet I was still surprised by how great his voice was.

I was shocked at the amount of live singing too. And not just the quantity, but the quality. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' was always sung live, yet this was the best version I've heard. The instrumentation, the backup vocalists, and MJ himself. Seriously awesome.

Black or White, which I don't think he's ever done live vocals on.... it sounded great. Human Nature, Speechless, IJCSLY.... simply flawless.

For me, it wasn't just the live vocals, it was also the band and the backup. This was the total package.

It's funny because I've always said that even though he didn't sing live often in the last ten years or so, I knew for a fact his ability didn't disappear. And yet I was still surprised by how great his voice was.

Yeah exactly how i feel, it was great to hear a awsome band for him, the guitar bit on Jam was off the hook!

He sang Black Or White live at Wembley and Munich Dangerous Tour. He sounded better on This is It :)

This Is It: The Music!

What did you guys think of the band and the instrumentation? I absolutely loved it! Just like Michael wanted, it sounded like the CD versions. I also loved the way certain songs were fused together like Threatened added to the end of Thriller. It just sounded funky! :yes: Mind Is The Magic was a surprise to hear as well. Jam sounded a bit different too. Everything sounded great!

Re: This Is It: The Music!

All of the songs sounded incredibly fresh and I agree, the way they were fused together was fantastic! I like that little intro of "Another Part of Me" placed in the middle of Jam. The drill was amazing and Thriller / Threatened had my jaw on the floor. I have to see it again!!!!!

yeah i agree, i love the new dance, the new style of singing, just like in human nature, ooo why :D

Threatened blew me away. It was amazing. I dont blame Michael for getting down to that one!

Back