Thriller 25th Anniversary release date?

MAAANNN STOP PLAYIN!!!!! :lol:

I was about to go NUTS. That title need 2 be reworded or smth lol

MAAANNN STOP PLAYIN!!!!! :lol:

I was about to go NUTS. That title need 2 be reworded or smth lol

I have a bad feeling about the dvd thing. I mean, I don't think anything new or unreleased is coming out. Look for example the Moowalker dvd - no bonuses, no outtakes, no nothin'. Quite disapointing. The same with "Number ones", it was quite too simple.

By the way if the dvd was something special we would already know it, just like for the remixes which could be actually the so called unreleased stuff. "Thank you" SONY

it only mentions a CD release + it comes from sony australia who has not that much weigth in the development of the project.

so I cas my doubts on this date.

we'll see.

OK, now this has nothing to do with the 25th anniversary but my son who is 21 and his friend he kicks it with said to me. :Yeah Mike is cool and he's about to drop an new album 11/-08 0r 09 . I showed them both the magazine and they were saying yeah, Mike is GQ style! They like him...I was glad to hear that which means his name is getting around to the younger generation, :sarmoti

All the info about the 4 remixes and 4 unreleased tracks (including "Don’t Be Messin’ Around") is regurgitated from one of Roger Friedman's columns this week. He does (for once) name a source for this Thriller info, so I'd say the core details he reported have a fair chance of being valid. However, at the same time he was also trying to claim that Kanye, Will.i.am, and Ne-Yo have only been working with Michael to remix a few Thriller songs and that's all :rolleyes:. Yeah, so the four new tracks that Will.i.am confirmed he was working with Michael on (two of which were complete) and the new songs Ne-Yo was writing for MJ (on behalf of Will.i.am) must've all been lies :lol:.

I'm looking forward to this release, I hope we get the official, confirmed tracklisting of it soon.

So is this the "new album" - what is gonna be the new Thriller re-release?

Not actually an album of new music, but a new version of the Thriller album .....

Michael is making a new album with all new material! This is just a project for the 25th Anniversary of Thriller! :D

All the info about the 4 remixes and 4 unreleased tracks (including "Don’t Be Messin’ Around") is regurgitated from one of Roger Friedman's columns this week. He does (for once) name a source for this Thriller info, so I'd say the core details he reported have a fair chance of being valid. However, at the same time he was also trying to claim that Kanye, Will.i.am, and Ne-Yo have only been working with Michael to remix a few Thriller songs and that's all :rolleyes: . Yeah, so the four new tracks that Will.i.am confirmed he was working with Michael on (two of which were complete) and the new songs Ne-Yo was writing for MJ (on behalf of Will.i.am) must've all been lies :lol: .

I'm looking forward to this release, I hope we get the official, confirmed tracklisting of it soon.[/b]

I dont see how this information means Will is lying bout the new music. People are capable of working on 2 projects at once. The harsh reality is NONE of us here know ANY info that can be guaranteed as valid. We all take stabs at what we think "sounds" more credible than others. Sit tight and wait and see what happens. Dont let anything get you too up, or too down.

P.S. sorry about the thread title. Didnt realise how misleading it appeared.

I dont see how this information means Will is lying bout the new music. People are capable of working on 2 projects at once.[/b]
...Incase my message wasn't clear, that part of my post was meant to be entirely sarcastic ;). Of course will.i.am has not been lying about working on new material with Michael! He's been talking about the new material and album (as much as permitted by MJ) since late last year; they've been in the studio together in Ireland, Vegas, New York. Will.i.am has named and described a few of the songs they've worked on, and said that two are complete and a few more are still being worked on. Ne-yo said that he's also writing new material for Mike. Akon has talked about meeting with and working with Michael, but confirmed that Michael has had the artists he's working with sign agreements which is why they've been unable to divulge many specific details, yet. Through these and other artists, Raymone's statements, and Michael's own words, it is obvious that he's been working on a fresh new album and that this Thriller 25 is just a small side-project. My post was meant to sarcastically point out that, despite all of this evidence, a certain gossip freak is still trying to convince the world that Michael is never going to do anything new in the music world again and all of these artists that have been collaborating with him since late last year are really just working on a few mixes of old songs. It's laughable!

...Incase my message wasn't clear, that part of my post was meant to be entirely sarcastic ;) . Of course will.i.am has not been lying about working on new material with Michael! He's been talking about the new material and album (as much as permitted by MJ) since late last year; they've been in the studio together in Ireland, Vegas, New York. Will.i.am has named and described a few of the songs they've worked on, and said that two are complete and a few more are still being worked on. Ne-yo said that he's also writing new material for Mike. Akon has talked about meeting with and working with Michael, but confirmed that Michael has had the artists he's working with sign agreements which is why they've been unable to divulge many specific details, yet. Through these and other artists, Raymone's statements, and Michael's own words, it is obvious that he's been working on a fresh new album and that this Thriller 25 is just a small side-project. My post was meant to sarcastically point out that, despite all of this evidence, a certain gossip freak is still trying to convince the world that Michael is never going to do anything new in the music world again and all of these artists that have been collaborating with him since late last year are really just working on a few mixes of old songs. It's laughable![/b]
sorry for the misunderstanding. lol. sometimes in written communication sarcasm is difficult to pick up on. yes all of what u have said is true. the thought is exciting. will and michael are due to meet once again in the studio in november, so until that happens i doubt we will hear anything more from anyone regarding the new album. when the meeting takes place it will give Will plenty more topic of conversation to tell reporters, of which we will all sit here on the edge of our seats reading and dreaming about haha.

until then, without anything new fans will continue to speculate and create their own rumours (which is all in good fun). so far i have heard that this thriller project (due for release nov 3) is to coincide with the WMA (nov 4)... ive also heard its to coincide with the 50th annual grammy awards (which mj holds the grammy record - 8) for the very album having its 25th anniversary. the show is hosted by thriller producer quincy jones. some fun theories. have fun speculating guys :)

I'm glad it doesn't seems like the thriller-thing is pushed back, so we can get that out of our system and concentraiting on the new album. :yes:
And TSCM I got your little joke :yes:

I'm glad it doesn't seems like the thriller-thing is pushed back, so we can get that out of our system and concentraiting on the new album. :yes:[/b]
They're gonna do another Thriller anniversary thing again in 5 years time, y'know? :dropdead:

Oh great can,t wait to get it . I first was thinking it was the new album but thats ok it will come in time also.

According to Rolling Stones mag:

Hoping to resuscitate his sputtering career, Michael Jackson is reportedly returning to a reliable source: his own 1982 album Thriller. According to reports, Jackson plans to spruce up the 25th anniversary addition of the album by adding four remixes of Thriller tracks. Those lending a helping sequined gloved hand on the remixes for “Wanna Be Startin’ Something,” “The Girl Is Mine,” “Billie Jean,” and “P.Y.T.” are Kanye West, Akon, and Will.i.am. Additionally, Jackson’s music attorney Peter Lopez says four leftover tracks from the Thriller sessions will be featured. One of the songs, “Don’t Be Messin’ Around,” is hyped as “killer” by MJ’s ex-producer Bruce Swedien. MJ might need the Thriller re-release to have similar success of the original, record-breaking release: Bahrain’s Prince Abdulla is allegedly suing Jackson for reneging on a contract that would have had Jackson release two albums, write an autobiography and produce a Broadway-esque show by the year 2012. After Jackson signed the contract in 2005, the Prince created 2Seas Records, built a studio and gave Jackson a $7 million advance. Jackson repaid the Prince by promptly leaving the country for Japan and never returning to the Mideast nation. In the lawsuit, Prince Abdulla is seeking to reclaim the advance he paid Jackson.

According to Rolling Stones mag:

Hoping to resuscitate his sputtering career, Michael Jackson is reportedly returning to a reliable source: his own 1982 album Thriller. According to reports, Jackson plans to spruce up the 25th anniversary addition of the album by adding four remixes of Thriller tracks. Those lending a helping sequined gloved hand on the remixes for “Wanna Be Startin’ Something,” “The Girl Is Mine,” “Billie Jean,” and “P.Y.T.” are Kanye West, Akon, and Will.i.am. Additionally, Jackson’s music attorney Peter Lopez says four leftover tracks from the Thriller sessions will be featured. One of the songs, “Don’t Be Messin’ Around,” is hyped as “killer” by MJ’s ex-producer Bruce Swedien. MJ might need the Thriller re-release to have similar success of the original, record-breaking release: Bahrain’s Prince Abdulla is allegedly suing Jackson for reneging on a contract that would have had Jackson release two albums, write an autobiography and produce a Broadway-esque show by the year 2012. After Jackson signed the contract in 2005, the Prince created 2Seas Records, built a studio and gave Jackson a $7 million advance. Jackson repaid the Prince by promptly leaving the country for Japan and never returning to the Mideast nation. In the lawsuit, Prince Abdulla is seeking to reclaim the advance he paid Jackson.[/b]

just a copy of RF BS

its sad alright but a lot of people will see this as a cash in for his 'dying.....' career. 25 years needs to be celebrated for the biggest selling album of all time- and also the fact that it can not possibly ever be beaten due to the internet should be celebrated. thriller is the most important piece of musical art ever made. full stop. and murder she wrote. expect a lot of people saying its a cash in, but at the end of the day, michael has the biggest selling album of all time, and all they have is a job where they need to take a pop at anyone just to get noticed. FACT.

its sad alright but a lot of people will see this as a cash in for his 'dying.....' career. 25 years needs to be celebrated for the biggest selling album of all time-[/b]

Good point, and it's funny you mention 'dying career,' since this CD and contining popularity proves that it really isn't dying. Heck, Thriller is the main event on TV whenever tehy feature teh best music videos of all time, or when Halloween comes around. People will still say it's fading though.....they'll be eating a whole feast of crow....side salad with that anyone....YUK!! :puke:

:lol:

I hate the way they word things with negative conatations :rolleyes: Trust me, they're subtle, but very much obvious and noticeable. Instead of saying 'unreleased tracks' they have 'leftovers'. Randomly adding some irrelevant news at the end.

This is the formula for nearly every MJ article.

RS magazine is fickle. They had an awesome article about MJ during the trial. Or maybe it just depends on certain editors.

This was a great quote

“The prosecution’s case therefore boils down to this : In a panic over negative publicity, Jackson conspires to kidnap a boy and force him to deny acts of molestation that in fact never happened, and then he gets over his panic just long enough to actually molest the child at the very moment when the whole world is watching.”

- Rolling Stone Magazine[/b]

I dont know about you guys but I am tired of reliving the past. It is time for the future. I doubt very seriously I will buy this 25th anniversary album. I say lets move on to new things.

Patrick

Back