TII - DVD/Blu Ray (Deals and Packages) Thread

'm hoping in March you guys in the UK will upload the This Is It Video!
where does it say its on the uk dvd and all it is is the clips from the credits at the end of the film.its already on utube

I think the concepts will be MJ Air, which was the ending, and light man, which we've already seen on Amazon.

Aren't you US guys terribly annoyed that the "Unfinished Rehearsals" featurette isn't included. I know, tube :D, but still I would be disappointed...

Yeah. You get HD and you get nearly ALL the extra stuff available.

Why "nearly"? Isn't it all?

OK so the Unfinished rehearsals WILL NOT be on the US releases? That's not fair.
And did I just read that they won't really be songs but more about the technical aspect of the concert? Hmmm thatt kinda sucks, I want more of Mike, not the crew.

I think that most of the info available is just guess work. Sony will only release the names of the special features........

.....there's still a while till it is released and things can change......they always do!!!

Krshna28 - The info I have posted about special features IS the official press release sent to all European vendors... I will only post legit info :) After Sony announced the special features I'm sure they would annoy people if they changed it....
Got me thinking... what happened to all the rehearsal footage from the 'forum' by the way... we have never seen this?

Sony have done it deliberatly to make fans buy the multiple editions. They're counting on impatient Brits to buy it from the States, plus their own edition, and counting on the Americans and Canadians to buy the R2 edition DVD as that has a lot more extras. I understand that Sony are a business and they are still posting a loss but what hurts is that they are using Michael's name to rip fans off. Michael would be fuming if he knew a company was using his name to rip his fans off.

The Unfinished Rehearsals isn't what I thought it was, though.

Who cares about special effects concepts when there are seven songs that we haven't seen yet?

So true man, you're expressing exactly what I feel!

will the blu ray edition include the original theather movie and unfinished rehearsals .. the seven songs not included in the movie ?

Starting next week you will be able to pre-order TII from BestBuy in the US and they will give you your Steelbook on the spot I believe! The ad hasnt surfaced officially yet - but here's a pic taken of it with a camera phone!
37415_full.jpg

They're counting on impatient Brits to buy it from the States, plus their own edition, and counting on the Americans and Canadians to buy the R2 edition DVD as that has a lot more extras. I understand that Sony are a business and they are still posting a loss but what hurts is that they are using Michael's name to rip fans off. Michael would be fuming if he knew a company was using his name to rip his fans off.

On the other hand, he was amazed by the five different versions of the Invincible CD as he said in an interview...

the seven songs not included in the movie ?
from whats been posted none of those songs are being shown. articles say what the unfinshed rehearsals are and it isnt mj

The editors said that unseen songs including Stranger In Moscow would be included, though.

Any US news on these items? Everything so far is for UK only.
We need some lovin over here. :p

The editors said that unseen songs including Stranger In Moscow would be included, though.

Did they? See, THIS is what's gotten me all confused. One minute I hear that we've got 2-3 hours of extra footage from the rehearsals, then I hear that we've got 2-3 hours of "extras" (featurettes), then I see that there's an "unfinished rehearsals" featurette that turns out to be something completely different than it suggests.

:crazy:

Nar - Just for you! BestBuy ad below and apparently you can pick up the Steelbook straight away (you don't have to wait until Jan!)! So please post pictures if you buy!
bb.jpg

I will be so diappointed if the extra features don't include performances from MJ which aren't shown in the movie.

It was bad enough that they just put the vignettes on the blu-ray and not on the DVD. Like anybody gives a shit about "meet the dancers" and crap like that. Sony know this and are just trying to YET AGAIN take the piss of the fans by getting them to buy a blu-ray player.

If the special features really don't include any extra footage of Michael then I'm just going to buy the regular one-disc DVD and download the vignettes from Youtube.

Fuck you Sony.

Nar - Just for you! BestBuy ad below and apparently you can pick up the Steelbook straight away (you don't have to wait until Jan!)! So please post pictures if you buy!
bb.jpg

Do you have any link to this? I've been to the BestBuy website and couldn' find anything on the steelbook :no:

bb.jpg

Just pre-ordered it a few hours ago =) about time they throw us somethin' over here in the U.S. lol Not only is it just the steelbook deal but they also have three 'exclusive' versions of the Blu-Ray, each has a different '3D hologram backstage pass' with it.

is the steelbook case for both the DVD adn BD?

And will the steelbook alone be on sale in bestbuy too?

Last edited:
Kristinaz - we don't know yet. Think it is just some conceptual art that leaked.

Funky_Strong_Fight - did you pre-order in store? Did you get your Steelbook right away? Thanks

Wow, that steel book looks AWESOME - glad they've not just replicated the cover on both sides and left the inside blank. Is that exactly the same design as the Play.com R2 exclusive?

I will be so diappointed if the extra features don't include performances from MJ which aren't shown in the movie.

It was bad enough that they just put the vignettes on the blu-ray and not on the DVD. Like anybody gives a shit about "meet the dancers" and crap like that. Sony know this and are just trying to YET AGAIN take the piss of the fans by getting them to buy a blu-ray player.

If the special features really don't include any extra footage of Michael then I'm just going to buy the regular one-disc DVD and download the vignettes from Youtube.

Fuck you Sony.

That why I am hoping the movie itself was extended in length for the extra songs. Sadly I don't see that happening or at least for this version of releases

According to a Norwegian shop, this is the bonus material for the DVD:

Creating A Comeback - Two-part Making of DocumentaryThe Gloved One - Costumes FeaturetteMemories of Michael FeaturetteAuditions: Searching for the World’s Best Dancers FeaturetteThis is It - Music VideoMeet the Dancers FeaturetteMeet the Band FeaturetteMeet the Vocalists Featurette

For the Blu-Ray, it's added more:

Creating A Comeback - Two-part Making of DocumentaryThe Gloved One - Costumes FeaturetteMemories of Michael FeaturetteAuditions: Searching for the World’s Best Dancers FeaturetteThis is It - Music VideoMeet the Dancers FeaturetteMeet the Band FeaturetteMeet the Vocalists FeaturetteDancing Machine - Choreography FeaturetteThis Is It: The Photo CollectionSmooth Criminal Short Film (BD Exclusive)Making Smooth Criminal Featurette (BD Exclusive)Thriller Short Film (BD Exclusive)
MovieIQ - featuring the ”This Is It” Playlist - connects you to access real-time information on the cast, music, trivia and more while watching the movie

As we can see, Smooth Criminal Short film and Thriller short film is BD Exclusive. Look at the last one called MovieIQ. Wonder what that is.

This DVD and Blu-Ray are called "Special Edition". It doesn't say more than that. I don't know if it's steel edition either.

So the steelbook won't be available in store by itself, without pre-ordering i mean?
Cause I'm still confused about what i want to buy and if i should hold off until January just in case they decide to change the "extras" again...

Back