TII Press Conference

Can i just say i was at the press conference and the energy in the room was electric.
My 2 friends and 1 was the first in the queue cause we got there at 4pm the day before to make sure we had the best spot (which obviously we did) being right in front of Michael.
We were also the ones doing all the chants and the interaction Michael had with us was awesome and i think it made him feel better seeing us there doing what he always saw us do many times before.
I have also read on many other sites that during the conference Michael was gonna say something but changed his mind when he says "Because Ummmm" and stops.
He did that because i kinda cut him off by shouting i love you to him and made him laugh.
I was so lost in the moment of things that i didn't even realise i said that till i looked back on my video footage and i started to feel really bad for cutting him off before he could explain why these were his last shows.
Now after everything that has happened i've had a change of heart and feel so glad that i said that to him.
You can hear me say it so clearly on the news footage so not only does it show the public that his fans still and will always love him but i feel so happy to know that those words were the last words i ever said to him.
Michael looked amazing that day and he had such a confidence that i hadn't seen in him before and he was so ready for these shows and you can see it when he joined in chanting "This Is It" with us.

You can hear me say it so clearly on the news footage so not only does it show the public that his fans still and will always love him but i feel so happy to know that those words were the last words i ever said to him.
Michael looked amazing that day and he had such a confidence that i hadn't seen in him before and he was so ready for these shows and you can see it when he joined in chanting "This Is It" with us.

Yes, Michael was VERY excited that day.

Before the conference
019.jpg

After the conference
008.jpg

Does that look like a Michael who will let anything stand in his way or bring him down? Is that our beloved 'drug addicted Michael'?

Last edited:
And so what if he wanted to get in a golf buggy, what that means he is on drugs Dont think so! Also when i was there i did not see an autocue or teleprompter!

Well that what he said MJ asked him if I remember correctly. Not important anyway...

:wub: those pics thanks for sharing them! I never had any uneasyness when I watched him on tv during the conference.I did think when I saw the side view of him as he walked into the o2 that he looked thin but when he started talking it was like wow he's back!
I just felt so proud of him :)
Oh Mike what happened to you :cry:

:wub: those pics thanks for sharing them! I never had any uneasyness when I watched him on tv during the conference.I did think when I saw the side view of him as he walked into the o2 that he looked thin but when he started talking it was like wow he's back!
I just felt so proud of him :)
Oh Mike what happened to you :cry:

Yeah and thats how we should feel PROUD! He looked gorgeous and us the fans were happy to have him back!

Yeah if that's the guy's name that was standing next to him. He also said MJ felt muscular when he hugged him LOL. I'll try to find that video on youtube. It was posted on this forum at the time.

Yeaa, Dermot said it on SOCCER AM on sky

So what if he had an autocue we all know Mike was a man of few words.I expect he was so nervous infront of all those reporters but then he saw his fans and he looked so happy and caught up in the moment :wub:

what happened is that he was meant to have an autocue but it wasn't working so all he could think of was "This is It. This is really it. You have to know that." lol :D

the only thing different to me was his walk from the bus too the arena,other than that he seemed pumped which made me even more pumped

the only thing different to me was his walk from the bus too the arena,other than that he seemed pumped which made me even more pumped

Yup, he had a lil bop going on! Basically saying this is now my f**king arena!!!! :lol:

I was right up close to the stage. Michael looked happy, healthy and most all of ready.

What is autocue???

Autocues are screen in which you can read off. They're are transparent glass (i think) which displays text, for example like speeches. In most conferences they are used. Barack Obama uses them constantly. It's better than looking down at a piece of paper all the time. :)

i disagree with all yall MICHAEL WAS SO DAMN HYPE SMILING AND SO DAMN HAPPY TO GET BACK ON STAGE........ HE LOOKED THE BEST IVE EVER SEEN HIM , MJ WAS HAPPY HE WANTED TO DO THIS SHOWS AND IT HURT ME WHEN YALL SAY HE DIDNT WANNA DO IT........MICHAEL NEEDED TO RETIRE AFTER THESE SHOWS WE AS FANS ARE SO LUCKY BECAUSE MJ WAS SUPPOSE TO RETIRE FROM THE STAGE DOING AFTER THE BAD TOUR AND WE THE FANS WANTED MORE AND MORE TOURS AND CONCERTS YES WE DID

I hope you are right. I do believe Michael was able to do these shows. I don't think 50 is old at all and he is the best performer ever, so he definitely could do them, if he wanted.

The press conference was strange though, I've watched Michael give speeches enough that you could tell something was off... I don't know exactly what, but I think like others are saying different things stood out to different people, but that was not what I expected of the press conference, I think the way he said "OK" stood out to me the most.

And of course we wanted more, we are fans, we love his art and that makes us desire more. Michael was a fan of many people as well, I think he understood that completely.

I just wanted to add now that I read through the whole tread, that I didn't start this tread because I thought he was on drugs or his behavior was strange in "the drugged up" way, I started it because it was the last speech he gave and I am just trying to figure out what happened to him and who is telling the truth and who isn't. I wanted to listen to him and I remember how I felt when I first watched it. I just think there was something he wasn't happy about, that doesn't mean I know what it is, but I think it is obvious when you watch it.

I guess it really doesn't matter, I don't know why and I know it is stupid, but I almost feel like if I solve the puzzle we will get him back :cry:

the autocues are very discrete. When you see a piece of glass then you know theres one there. Like with Obama at his inauguration.

Who was the guy on the news, the one going crazy who they show repeatedly, he is soo funny.

Teleprompter is an autocue.; They are very different now and have them placed middle, left and right to make it look like the speaker knows his words by turning his head towards different audience. You can usually see the raised rectangle glass.

I just wanted to add now that I read through the whole tread, that I didn't start this tread because I thought he was on drugs or his behavior was strange in "the drugged up" way, I started it because it was the last speech he gave and I am just trying to figure out what happened to him and who is telling the truth and who isn't. I wanted to listen to him and I remember how I felt when I first watched it. I just think there was something he wasn't happy about, that doesn't mean I know what it is, but I think it is obvious when you watch it.

I guess it really doesn't matter, I don't know why and I know it is stupid, but I almost feel like if I solve the puzzle we will get him back :cry:

I absolutely agree and know where you're coming from here. I never thought 'drugs' at the time but just thought strange. To be honest at the time I said to my daughter 'does he think something is going to happen to him' because it felt inadvertently final. Also I never believed that I would get to see him as I know many have said. It truly felt like it wasnt going to happen. I sometimes wonder if he knew something, and he needed to leave a legacy to his kids. Sometimes people really do know when its their final curtain call so to speak.

I wanted to listen to him and I remember how I felt when I first watched it. I just think there was something he wasn't happy about, that doesn't mean I know what it is, but I think it is obvious when you watch it.

Well, of course. This was the last time he would be performing to his beloved fans. He said "the FINAL curtain call." And Michael is very emotional. It must have been pretty heart whelming to be there announcing his final final performances ever.

I was so sad when he said the word 'final' and I began crying myself just because of that. I think that is what Michael was sad about. It probably got to him too.

But this is just my view of why he was sad.

Back