TII Press Conference

jilliebean

Proud Member
I keep thinking about the press conference when Michael said he was going to do the concerts in London. Remember the part when he said it was the final curtain call and he said "OK" at the end... He sounded upset. I remember thinking it then, and he didn't seem really into the press conference, not like I would think Michael would be if he was excited. Something seemed off to me. Maybe he really didn't want to do the shows? Maybe he was being forced into it? I didn't think so at the time, because I know he said he wanted his children to see him perform, and it sounded like he was working on an album, but now I'm not so sure.

i think he realized that the stage part of his life was coming to an end and thats why he could have sounded upset. after all he grew up on the stage and had been performing all his life.

to me it sounded like this is really it, no one will talk me into it again..................but then don't know if i am thinking with hindsight but to me he sounded hyped to see the fans and get the response but not so keen about the concerts. hartd to tell though. some say he looked frail/thin then but i really reslly thought he looked happy and well

To be completely honest (I haven't told this anyone until now)...after watching his TII announcement I said out loud to myself that I'm not going. I was a bit upset. But 10 minutes later I changed my mind and got very happy and excited and thought my 1st reaction was crazy.

I still think about those 10 minutes. His movement and words seemed so weird to me that I actually didn't want to see him perform.

hmmm yeah people have said to me they felt sort of uneasy but i didn't get that feeling. to me it just didn't sound like his way, all those nights in one place etc etc

then when they did the presale thing and you could only get front row seats by paying for the VIP package it just seemed so not him....................but then i put that down to it just being a different venue and set up to the last time i saw him which was wembley in 97

I think he was overwhelmed at all the fans and the turnout etc

He seemed really into it though, like he was enjoying it

to me it sounded like this is really it, no one will talk me into it again..................but then don't know if i am thinking with hindsight but to me he sounded hyped to see the fans and get the response but not so keen about the concerts. hartd to tell though. some say he looked frail/thin then but i really reslly thought he looked happy and well

Right, almost like he wasn't talking to us... like he was making a point and letting some stuff out that he needed to say. I thought he looked good too. I don't think he was in bad shape, he has always been very thin.. The only time he ever looked frail to me was during the trial, towards the end.

That was the other thing, that didn't seem right to me, he was smiling, a lot. I know that sounds funny, but usually when Michael gives speeches he isn't smiling that much, you know when he has his glasses on a lot of times he almost looks mad or something because you can't see his eyes, but he is not smiling. He normally would just smile when reacting to fans. Hopefully he was really happy about it, but now in hindsight I keep thinking about that press conference.

He might have taken some Xanax not long before, I say 'might' as we don't know 'if' he did take them at all.The reason I make that comment is because I have taken Diazepam and I don't know if the reaction can be similar but on Diazepam you can feel anxious and then suddenly very buzzed but you can feel a bit confused in your thoughts. I'm not saying he was definitely on them, we don't know - it wouldn't surprise me to take some before a public speech like that though being watched around the world(also 'if' he was being forced into anything behind the scenes it all adds up to a lot of anxiety within him) I'm just being honest about how those type of prescription meds can affect you (I'm not someone who thinks the meds are his only cause of death, I believe other things happened there as Murray's behaviour does not add up on the day and then those involved and his family give such varied accounts!)

That was the other thing, that didn't seem right to me, he was smiling, a lot. I know that sounds funny, but usually when Michael gives speeches he isn't smiling that much, you know when he has his glasses on a lot of times he almost looks mad or something because you can't see his eyes, but he is not smiling. He normally would just smile when reacting to fans. Hopefully he was really happy about it, but now in hindsight I keep thinking about that press conference.

it doesn't really sound like him either. he usually talk in a higher pitch voice and the moves are different. i don't know..the press conference seems little bit strange to me.

Last edited:
He talked and acted a bit different but he didn't seem confused to me.

others have commented that he seemed a bit giddy and wondered if it could be drugs at the time but i dunno. maybe it was nerves after not touring for so long?

I cried when I saw it because he said he is going on stage for the last time and look where we are now

thats what i thought of when i heard he had died too. how prophetic it was when he said this is it, okay!? but its weird how life plays out sometimes. i remember once reading about a man who was terrified of flying because there had been a plane crash shortly before he boarded his flight. the name of his flight? twa flight 800 which exploded over water killing all 230 people.

To be completely honest (I haven't told this anyone until now)...after watching his TII announcement I said out loud to myself that I'm not going. I was a bit upset. But 10 minutes later I changed my mind and got very happy and excited and thought my 1st reaction was crazy.

I still think about those 10 minutes. His movement and words seemed so weird to me that I actually didn't want to see him perform.

thats very honest

the best word i can use to describe my feeling at the time would be "uneasy"

He might have taken some Xanax not long before, I say 'might' as we don't know 'if' he did take them at all.The reason I make that comment is because I have taken Diazepam and I don't know if the reaction can be similar but on Diazepam you can feel anxious and then suddenly very buzzed but you can feel a bit confused in your thoughts. I'm not saying he was definitely on them, we don't know - it wouldn't surprise me to take some before a public speech like that though being watched around the world(also 'if' he was being forced into anything behind the scenes it all adds up to a lot of anxiety within him) I'm just being honest about how those type of prescription meds can affect you (I'm not someone who thinks the meds are his only cause of death, I believe other things happened there as Murray's behaviour does not add up on the day and then those involved and his family give such varied accounts!)

yeah.. i think thats a good hypothesis

Initially I thought it wasnt him, the walk, the movements.......the obvious things gave it away...lol.

But I remember just being confused at the time.

I also remember the host saying that Michael had asked him what to say/where the autoq was?

It was just weird, the whole golf buggy to the stage thing.....

I think everyone is seeing it now through the drug theory and it might not be really how things went.
Yes he was nervous and it's normal, that was his first live appearance in how long? I think he was pleasantly surprised by the fans reaction and their love but at the same time he came there to do a job - as in to say what he wanted to say. Actually at one point I felt like saying shut up already to the screaming fans since Mike was obviously trying to say something.
He was very serious when he said the final curtain call and to me it seemed like he was saying they were the last concerts he would do. It seemed to go along the lines of what he was saying before, that he wants to concentrate on different things like movies and we knew he didn't want to do big tours anymore...

I don't thin k there was anything wrong with his voice and the weight...well that did seem too low to me but since there were no other signs.... you write it off as just stress....

Little did we know....

I wonder if they added the new dates after they saw what a big demand there was ( after the presale for the 10) or if they had already been planned but wanted to hype it up ....

I distinctly remember feeling uneasy/unsettled while watching his announcement. As others have said, at first I thought it might not be really him! There wasn't even anything all that specific that made me feel that way, I guess. . . . . . His smile. As someone pointed out, he smiled very rarely when speaking in public. At the announcement his smile was very broad, and continuous. Plus, I'd never seen him that giddy before. I thought he might be on some sort of medication (not that I would blame him, but that WAS my impression). And at the end, when he turned away from the lectern to leave? He had a flash of raw anger on his face. And then he quickly smiled again. But I remember thinking, WHY would he be angry? He'd just announced a series of concerts, sooooooo. . . . . . . .

Given the loose shirt he was wearing, it was hard to tell about his weight. I do remember my hair stood on end when he said, "the final curtain call." I'll admit, that scared me. Plus, I'm very psychic and had an ominous feeling that he would never do those concerts. Just a. . . . feeling. I watched the scramble for tickets, later, and people spending huge amounts of money on transportation and hotels, and the ominous feeling got worse. . . . that these were concerts that were not going to happen. Let me put it this way? Even if I could have afforded it, I would not have bought a ticket. The "premonition" was that strong. I hoped he could do it. . . but really didn't think/feel it would ever happen.

It really upsets me when people talk about the press confrence in this way! I know everyone is aloud there own opinion but it just really annoys me!! I was there and i was one of the screaming fans people wished had shut up, but im sorry that was never going to happen! The energy in there was amazing michael joined in with the chanting and was loving every minute off it! When he walked on that stage he was overcome by the fan response! You guys did not see the amount of people there, it went to the door! The fans u could all see were the ones who got there early enough to be aloud in the pit, there were loads behind us! He was proberbly upset that this was going to be his final shows, but he was soooooo happy to see the fans and feel there love and attention!

I also felt like it wasn't him, weird. No dozens of ''I love yous'', strange moves, big smile, the whole feeling of that thing was weird to me, I also thought then he was maybe on medication or something and, I admit it, I freaked out when he said this was the final curtain call and told myself 'yeah he'll probably just cancel them''

What about the time he whispered in the host's ear and the host pointed MJ to the microphone. I wonder what Mike was asking and why the guy led him to the Mike it was right infront of him. Plus when he walked in he saw those little golf cars and nearly jumped in but the guy behind him stopped him. Hmmm..

What about the time he whispered in the host's ear and the host pointed MJ to the microphone. I wonder what Mike was asking and why the guy led him to the Mike it was right infront of him. Plus when he walked in he saw those little golf cars and nearly jumped in but the guy behind him stopped him. Hmmm..

Didn't he ask him if the teleprompter was on? I saw his interview months ago and he mentioned that.

It really upsets me when people talk about the press confrence in this way! I know everyone is aloud there own opinion but it just really annoys me!! I was there and i was one of the screaming fans people wished had shut up, but im sorry that was never going to happen! The energy in there was amazing michael joined in with the chanting and was loving every minute off it! When he walked on that stage he was overcome by the fan response! You guys did not see the amount of people there, it went to the door! The fans u could all see were the ones who got there early enough to be aloud in the pit, there were loads behind us! He was proberbly upset that this was going to be his final shows, but he was soooooo happy to see the fans and feel there love and attention!

Sorry I didn't mean to offend, I understand what it must be like to be there in person since I wasn't one of the lucky ones. I was just referring to the fact that sometimes fans get carried away in his presence, even at award shows when he wants to say his speech but there are too many "I love yous".
And he does smile when he gives speeches. Not at the serious ones like 'Mottola is a racist' but the other ones...
Dunno.

i disagree with all yall MICHAEL WAS SO DAMN HYPE SMILING AND SO DAMN HAPPY TO GET BACK ON STAGE........ HE LOOKED THE BEST IVE EVER SEEN HIM , MJ WAS HAPPY HE WANTED TO DO THIS SHOWS AND IT HURT ME WHEN YALL SAY HE DIDNT WANNA DO IT........MICHAEL NEEDED TO RETIRE AFTER THESE SHOWS WE AS FANS ARE SO LUCKY BECAUSE MJ WAS SUPPOSE TO RETIRE FROM THE STAGE DOING AFTER THE BAD TOUR AND WE THE FANS WANTED MORE AND MORE TOURS AND CONCERTS YES WE DID

When I saw it I got a very weird vibe, like that is not Michael. It just didn’t feel right to me. I don’t know. It’s really pointless now.

i didn't feel at all like it "wasn't him" in that sense......it was the wording for me

Back