TII Press Conference

Honestly I just think the guy was extremely nervous, that's all. That could explain the gangster walk he had. When I know I'm being watched I try to be as casual as possible about it and end up over doing whatever I'm doing, be it walking or eating. HOWEVER the golf buggy thing still bugs me, why would he want to go in a golf buggy?

Honestly I just think the guy was extremely nervous, that's all. That could explain the gangster walk he had. When I know I'm being watched I try to be as casual as possible about it and end up over doing whatever I'm doing, be it walking or eating. HOWEVER the golf buggy thing still bugs me, why would he want to go in a golf buggy?

I thought he wanted to get in it, because he just assumed it was there for him. Maybe he wasn't sure how far they were going and thought it was there to take him faster? It did take him a while to get to the stage, they should have let him use it:yes:

To me he didn't seem confused at all, but annoyed, and pretty much at that.
I remember myself watching that really weird conference and thinking how there is something totally wrong.. and I was not happy about the tour at all, but afraid.:(

actually, the golf buggy thing always made me laugh. he was funny, the way he sort of almost got in.

at the time, the only thing that made me sit up was the way he said "okay?!" it was almost like a warning. but I didn't think too much about it. I remember watching him and thinking he felt so loved, so overwhelmed. he really showed it when he put both hands on his heart. I could just feel his emotions...

Honestly,

Im tryna read all the comments before i post this however my puter is being slow. When I think back to the day of the o2 conference and my friend Maggie(god bless her!)sending me the video, I watched it and I remember thinking, OMG he is coming back, but at the same time... he did in fact seem different. Though I had heard him talk like that before, It seemed as though it wasn't him. Something somewhere. So as a matter of fact i'm not too surprised there's conspiracy theories going around.

Well, he seemed o.k. to me, excited and a little playful....he loved getting a reaction out of the crowd. And, when he got that reaction he wanted, you can see him turn to his right, and move to the side a bit and do a 'right on!' gesture with his arm. I thought that was a little much...but to me it was just Michael swept up in the moment, like when he danced on the top of the van a few years ago...not a smart idea, yet once again, he was caught-up in the moment.

He seemed alright though, alert, and coy or playful and just content.

I'd give anything for that day to come back....mind you things would certainly have to change with the circumstances surrounding it.

Honestly,

Im tryna read all the comments before i post this however my puter is being slow. When I think back to the day of the o2 conference and my friend Maggie(god bless her!)sending me the video, I watched it and I remember thinking, OMG he is coming back, but at the same time... he did in fact seem different. Though I had heard him talk like that before, It seemed as though it wasn't him. Something somewhere. So as a matter of fact i'm not too surprised there's conspiracy theories going around.

I just can't watch that anymore. The big leters in the back of him "this is it" I just can't handle it.

I was at the O2 press conference and saw Michael close up. I thought Michael looked very fit and healthy, as he always looked a lot better in real life than he did in photos or on televsion. I remember Michael giving his speech, and when he said "This is it, ect the final curtain etc" I was shocked how downbeat Michael's speech was, but when he said "See you in July" the atmosphere was "ELECTRIC" and I basically took Michael's speech as PR to hype up fans and publicity as every tour since The Jacksons, Triumph was was going to be Michael last tour with Michael saying he would concentrait in making movies. I presume Michael would have done another set of concerts or tour a couple of years after the This Is It concerts at the O2.

When I watched the news footage I recorded of Michael giving his press conference at the O2, he did seem slighlty erattic when talking, but only slightly and I feel that had more to do with nerves than anything else. I mean this announcement of comeback concerts would be very intense, epecially in front of the UK press which has been very nasty to Michael.

I find it hard to watch the video footage I shot of Michael (I shot excellent footage, from the side of the stage and when he strikes his poses it looks more amazing than the tv footage), and the news footage because that was the last time I ever saw Michael in person.

it seemed to me at the time when i saw it that he was annoyed. i even talked to my Mum (she's a fan too) and told her that he seemed even slightly angry to me. not excited at all. polite as usual to the fans but not excited.

to tell the truth i was puzzled why he would do concerts before releasing the album. i was worried about why he was so in hurry. and his tone only added more worry. "I will do what my fans wants to see" (not a precise quote sorry) but these words arent particularly of an excited person. the name of the tour freaked me out - "this is it"

I was at the O2 press conference and saw Michael close up. I thought Michael looked very fit and healthy, as he always looked a lot better in real life than he did in photos or on televsion. I remember Michael giving his speech, and when he said "This is it, ect the final curtain etc" I was shocked how downbeat Michael's speech was, but when he said "See you in July" the atmosphere was "ELECTRIC" and I basically took Michael's speech as PR to hype up fans and publicity as every tour since The Jacksons, Triumph was was going to be Michael last tour with Michael saying he would concentrait in making movies. I presume Michael would have done another set of concerts or tour a couple of years after the This Is It concerts at the O2.

When I watched the news footage I recorded of Michael giving his press conference at the O2, he did seem slighlty erattic when talking, but only slightly and I feel that had more to do with nerves than anything else. I mean this announcement of comeback concerts would be very intense, epecially in front of the UK press which has been very nasty to Michael.

I find it hard to watch the video footage I shot of Michael (I shot excellent footage, from the side of the stage and when he strikes his poses it looks more amazing than the tv footage), and the news footage because that was the last time I ever saw Michael in person.

is your footage somewhere we can see it? like youtube or something?

Anytime I see that footage now or see pics from that day it depresses the hell out me :(

He sounded really hurt and angry with the "OK!" :|

I was actually really hurt and shocked when he said "this is really it, i mean it, this is the curtain call" and "These will be my last performances..."

I wasn't excited at all. :(

he never liked to tour. he wanted to make movies.

plus, he was getting pressured from all sides. if this was about money, no wonder he hated it.

I didn't like the "okay?!" either. it made me sit up and take a deeper look. I put it down to nerves at the time, but now I think it was a lot more than that.

Back