TMZ Video: MJ Music Video Shoot Takes Over Hollywood

I agree with dangerous_88. Why judge before we've even seen it?

But you've just judged it. It seems we're allowed to 'judge' it if we 'love' it. If we don't like it we're not allowed to judge it?

The girl's a great dancer, no doubt. It's good to see the routines too. But it's not a happy-go-lucky song. It's dark and sinister, like most of Michael's best material. A girl selling sex to promote her career? That's not something to smile and dance about. I don't understand how they can continue to get these things so wrong.

But you've just judged it. It seems we're allowed to 'judge' it if we 'love' it. If we don't like it we're not allowed to judge it?

The girl's a great dancer, no doubt. It's good to see the routines too. But it's not a happy-go-lucky song. It's dark and sinister, like most of Michael's best material. A girl selling sex to promote her career? That's not something to smile and dance about. I don't understand how they can continue to get these things so wrong.

but it did not occur to you that this may be at the start of the video and that at the end of it it gets a dark twist?

mj_video_0002_Layer_3_full.jpg

^ Agreed!!

I'm curious to see the end result. I would love to see some Michael clips in this video, even when they are old. New would be better though. Is it known yet when and where this video and the one for BTM will debut?

I just think it's necessary to give such a serious statements how bad is video gonna be.
Don't forget this song is about a girl who dreams of Hollywood and from pictures above song kinda matches to them. We ain't seen nothing yet, so don't worry.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but people who are trashing the video without actually seeing it are simply talking outta their rear end, period. And they expect their "opinion" to be taken seriously....

I get the feeling that some fans are hell bent on hating everything that's connected to this album (even if they haven't seen it yet), whether it's a song or a single cover or a video or whatever. But that just kills their credibility in my eyes.

Anyway, thanks for posting the pictures. I can't wait to see the finished video.

I can't say I like or dislike anything until I see the actual video. These pictures raise my curiousity so I am looking forward to see what it is all about.

Interesting but let’s hope it’s not another cheap production. We don’t see any breakthrough from Sony just typical music videos, this is not fair for the King Of Pop, we’ll see, at least we have videos… :timer:

I'm sorry but people who are trashing the video without actually seeing it are simply talking outta their rear end, period. And they expect their "opinion" to be taken seriously....

Why? Because they want to see Michael and not some people taking his work and unleashing their own vision on it?

You say people are trashing the video without actually seeing it. But people are also LIKING it without actually seeing it....either way people have an opinion on it before it's done.....and you are not in a position to say anyone's talking out of their rear end because if they are, you're doing the same.

It's so easy to hate on the fans that are not enthusiastic about this. But for some reason there is no understanding for the fact that (most of) these fans simply have trouble accepting that Michael's work is being continued WITHOUT HIM. Then again, it's easy to misunderstand the fans that ARE enthusiastic about new material even if Michael is not (directly) involved.
Some understanding and respect both ways would be nice.

Why? Because they want to see Michael and not some people taking his work and unleashing their own vision on it?

You say people are trashing the video without actually seeing it. But people are also LIKING it without actually seeing it....either way people have an opinion on it before it's done.....and you are not in a position to say anyone's talking out of their rear end because if they are, you're doing the same.

It's so easy to hate on the fans that are not enthusiastic about this. But for some reason there is no understanding for the fact that (most of) these fans simply have trouble accepting that Michael's work is being continued WITHOUT HIM. Then again, it's easy to misunderstand the fans that ARE enthusiastic about new material even if Michael is not (directly) involved.

^^Thank you!

This is one of the most objective post I have seen in a while. Very well said. :agree:

She did and Michael picked her, however she had a contract for Madonna's tour, so she was replaced with another female dancer.
thank you for answering. ..my only question is..if she knew she had a contract for Madonna..why tryout for TI?? ..I have no problem with the girl dancing..I think she is a wonderful dancer...and should be very proud of herself. It the video's in general I have a problem with...to me I feel..no Michael....why on earth make video's HE is the only one that can make a MJ video the way it should be. IMO

Last edited:
at least I am not bitching about it like 80% of the people here... no offense!
No you're not....you're praising it. Nothing wrong with that, but then why wouldn't anyone be allowed to bitch about it? We can't all have the same opinion!

RESPECT GOES BOTH WAYS, people.

This is one of the most objective post I have seen in a while. Very well said. :agree:
Thank you very much :) If we want to express our opinions, we gotta let others do the same. Even if we don't agree. :yes:

Im just gonna say this

"Prejudice is ignorance"
Michael Jackson

Nah, like I said, some fans just wanna hate everything that's associated with the album. It's just too transparent now and I personally have a hard time taking such criticism seriously.

Before the album came out there was a loooong thread where everybody was impatiently asking for updates, information etc. and when it was revealed that Sony are planning videos for promotion I don't remember anyone having a problem with it -- on the contrary, people were excited about it. Now suddenly folks have a problem, because Michael isn't here? Hmmm...

And BTW, we ALL would want for Michael to be here. Duh. This doesn't even needs to be mentioned.

But he isn't here. So it's either this or nothing.

No you're not....you're praising it. Nothing wrong with that, but then why wouldn't anyone be allowed to bitch about it? We can't all have the same opinion!

RESPECT GOES BOTH WAYS, people.

Thank you very much :) If we want to express our opinions, we gotta let others do the same. Even if we don't agree. :yes:

I am just trying to make people not be so negative, disappointed and complaining all the time - cuz generally , when you take a look at the board, it seems it's all we ever do ever since Michael died...:(

Nah, like I said, some fans just wanna hate everything that's associated with the album. It's just too transparent now and I personally have a hard time taking such criticism seriously.

Before the album came out there was a loooong thread where everybody was impatiently asking for updates, information etc. and when it was revealed that Sony are planning videos for promotion I don't remember anyone having a problem with it -- on the contrary, people were excited about it. Now suddenly folks have a problem, because Michael isn't here? Hmmm...

And BTW, we ALL would want for Michael to be here. Duh. This doesn't even needs to be mentioned.

Well Said!! :agree:

I am just trying to make people not be so negative, disappointed and complaining all the time - cuz generally , when you take a look at the board, it seems it's all we ever do ever since Michael died...:(

Thank you dangerous for trying, I def. appreciate your efforts. But it seems since he's been gone, negativity has been the norm not the exception, very very sad. It is nice to know there are ppl like you around. :yes:

thank you for answering. ..my only question is..if she knew she had a contract for Madonna..why tryout for TI?? ..

From what I understood, she was hoping to get out of her Madonna contract and go with Michael. But I guess that wasn't so easy and in the end she had to give up the TII tour.

exactly what I think too... can't we all just try to be a bit happy and supportive, like we did while we were waiting for This Is It concerts to come? :( I know it's hard , but you gotta bring that cliche point - What would Michael do if he was here? How would he act?

From what I understood, she was hoping to get out of her Madonna contract and go with Michael. But I guess that wasn't so easy and in the end she had to give up the TII tour.
oh I see...thank you for answering. She really is very talented.

My question to you and others who say they want to see Michael be part of this video (s) , then what you are saying is you do not want any more videos at all, correct? Because Michael is no longer with us and well, he just can't be part of any videos.

My other question to you is- would you be happy if Sony decided not to have any more videos to promote these two songs? Or would you be upset about that too? You can't have it both ways.

The cruel reality is that Michael is no longer here, we have to deal with that from now on. Many of us want to hear unreleased songs and I would also want them to be promoted with videos. I'm realistic and know that even though it will never be the same w/o Michael, I also appreciate all the ppl that are working to make these videos come to life. Wayne Isham is not a slouch, he is a great and highly respected director who had worked with Michael previously. These dancers are professional dancers, this video to me is a high end production, albeit it will never be Michael approved or as spectacular because he is not here, but nonetheless I am sure it will be very very good.

You can share your opinions, of course, but why all the negativity? Haven't we suffered enough already, isn't Michael being gone hard enough? Can we try to be more positive. Can't we support this video, it has Michael's name on it, doesn't it?

I personally will never be able to get over the hurt, but I still try to be positive, especially when it is Michael's work we are talking about. Again, if you don't want anymore videos, fine, that is your opinion. But I just wonder if there weren't any if you would post how happy you are that they decided not to have a video since Michael is not here to be part of it.

tricia70;3267092 I personally will never be able to get over the hurt said:
And it is so lovely to see you keep on being positive.:better:

I think we should keep an open mind and not expect too much. Not to decide already whether we like or hate it with just a few pictures are shown. I will watch the video then see how I feel.

My question to you and others who say they want to see Michael be part of this video (s) , then what you are saying is you do not want any more videos at all, correct? Because Michael is no longer with us and well, he just can't be part of any videos.

My other question to you is- would you be happy if Sony decided not to have any more videos to promote these two songs? Or would you be upset about that too? You can't have it both ways.

The cruel reality is that Michael is no longer here, we have to deal with that from now on. Many of us want to hear unreleased songs and I would also want them to be promoted with videos. I'm realistic and know that even though it will never be the same w/o Michael, I also appreciate all the ppl that are working to make these videos come to life. Wayne Isham is not a slouch, he is a great and highly respected director who had worked with Michael previously. These dancers are professional dancers, this video to me is a high end production, albeit it will never be Michael approved or as spectacular because he is not here, but nonetheless I am sure it will be very very good.

You can share your opinions, of course, but why all the negativity? Haven't we suffered enough already, isn't Michael being gone hard enough? Can we try to be more positive. Can't we support this video, it has Michael's name on it, doesn't it?

I personally will never be able to get over the hurt, but I still try to be positive, especially when it is Michael's work we are talking about. Again, if you don't want anymore videos, fine, that is your opinion. But I just wonder if there weren't any if you would post how happy you are that they decided not to have a video since Michael is not here to be part of it.

You forget that Michael filmed his every move and there are centuries worth of private home videos. I'd much rather see those used. Or a compilation of clips/sequences from old videos. Really. I never said I don't want any more videos per say, I just don't want people (ab)using Michael's work.

I just woke up and I'm too sleepy to properly reply :scratch: Will come back later.

I don't like it. Old moves, old choreography taken from old videos.. They could done this better with the actual story from the song! This music video doesn't make any sense in my opinion.. I expected something like Who Is It video!
This! Why use all these old routines? No point. However, I do think theres gonna be a story and that chick in the front is gonna be the main protagonist.

To all those asking for unseen footage... Why? Unreleased footage should be released as it is, I dont wanna see little clips of Bad '88 to Hollywood Tonight, I want the whole of bad 88 and would rather whatever they're making now over that. Other than the (from what we've seen) uninspiring choreography, I think it could be a good video.

Edit:

Not to mention, if it was just a clip of unseen stuff, the singles would flop and you'd all blame sony for bad promotion. It needs to be new stuff, but it also need to be good.

Back