Tom Barrack on Plans for Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch

Moonwalker.Fan;3318013 said:
Wasnt it reported a few weeks ago with a video? In fact, its not something we didnt know about..., the thing is what is really going to happen with the land.
Yes,:yes: the media carried this same story a few weeks ago; but in the first report, unlike in this report, there was no mention of Michael's children.

rockstar;3317458 said:
neverland-ranch.jpg

As we reported last November[/COLOR][/URL], Michael’s children are in agreement that the place become ‘some kind of community park and center for animals’.

Does anyone know who put up the "Neverland Once upon a time" sign on the gates?
I think the signs were put up the day MJ passed or the day after.. who did that? Ive always wondered about it.

The kids should have the final say and I hope it will be that way.. and personally I think it would be great if it became some kind of center for animals since im a huge animal lover myself :)

elusive moonwalker;3318116 said:
aslong as the estate has control over what happens is all that matters to me. funny how the attitude of barack in this one is different to others where hes been going round claiming hes basically has full power and ownership

place should be turned back into how it was and used for the purpose it was b4. its apart of mjs legacy and history

Spot on Elusive and I also noted how Barrack's tune has changed somewhat as well.

Umm. I did do my research. That's what the links I provided showed me after I googled.

So what is your source? If it was made public along time ago, you should be able to help me out and find some. I sure couldn't find anything official. Maybe google isn't my friend?

Google IS your friend. The majority of the sources say that Colony Capital is the majority owner. I suggest those who want to know Google first:

"Colony Capital majority owner Neverland."

And then:

"Michael Jackson estate majority owner Neverland."

The vast "majority" of the sources list Colony Capital as majority owner. Huffington Post said "co-owners." Only TMZ said that the estate was the "majority owner," but in later articles contradicted themselves and said "Colony Capital."

Therefore, it's likely, but not completely certain, that Colony Capital owns the property.

rockstar;3317458 said:
Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Under Restoration...

Barrack added that they have no plans to commercialize the property and are simply in a holding pattern until Michael Jackson’s estate figures out what direction they would like to take the ranch in. As we reported last November,

Michael’s children are in agreement that the place become ‘some kind of community park and center for animals’.

So, hang in there MJ fans. You may yet get to visit Neverland.

here is link:http://www.ecorazzi.com/2011/03/28/michael-jacksons-neverland-ranch-under-restoration/

:praying THAT would be lovely :)

re ownership. the first reports that came out when mj first did the deal said that mj was majority owner .considering the the media dont write pro mj things for the fun of it. im inclined to believe that is the case as the media dont make up pro mj statements for the sake of it.it would also be bad business sense for mj to sell control over they place. as he would then have no say over what happens to it. which we know he didnt want otherwise he might aswell have just sold off the whole thing .who knows time will tell it could be a more complicated deal. where colony own the majority but mj got final say over what would happen to the ranch. aslong as the estate has the final say regardless of them being the majority owner or not is all that matters to me

If they do try to restore it, I hope they do it justice. I would like to visit there, but I think it would kill me if I went and it didn't feel special. It would be like tangible proof that his magic is no longer with us :(

This is about money.

Neverland is not anymore. The ranch out there was called Sycamore Valley Ranch for some reason.

Valley officials seem not to be willing to ever allow any public opening there for many reasons.

I understand some ppls need to restore some of Michaels magic on this planet. But that will not be done by money making business of the alikes of Tom Barrack. seriously NO WAY sorry... I am so fed up with all these ppl who want to make money using Michael Jackson fans... sheeeesh!

If you want to find Michaels magic, if you want to find Neverland you have to search in your hearts, that's where Michael put it for that noone ever could take it away from you! ;)

I've been to Neverland Valley Ranch.
It is a Magical Place on this planet Earth created by Michael Jackson.
angel3l.gif
The land and space of Neverland Valley Ranch will always be Magical . .
angel3r.gif

I would love to see Neverland re-open, here are some of my ideas on how they could do it:

1) It could be like a Graceland style museum, where visitors are able to walk around some of the rooms in his house, they could restore it to how it used to look when he lived there. They could also display his costumes and awards.
2) It could be a music school for talented young children to help educate them on the dangers of fame at a young age but also coach and improve their talent
3) It could be a peaceful memorial park where visitors are able to walk the vast grounds but with no access to his house, they could just build fountains and statues dedicated to him
4) They could restore the grounds to their former glory and it could become a theme/memorial park, they could buy back some of the rides he had as I know most of them are at other theme parks now, and they could re-open the zoo
5) Not an entirely separate idea but I definitely think that no matter what they do they should also include a small section educating people on the damage we are causing our planet, it could be just a small museum or something because as we all know this is something that was close to MJ's heart and I think he would love to know that he was helping to educate people on our planet.

I so hope this is true....
i would love to see it up close....

But yea, as many of you said, the most important part of Neverland = Michael, and he wont be there...
Although, if he is in each of our hearts, he will be with us anyway

a friend of mine went inside Neverland just months ago and the place was almost as green and lively as when MJ was there.. Of course it was very empty.. They had it on a display type setting where like if you go into the dance room the spotlight was on hitting the floor and it had ropes around the light as if they were guarding an artifact or something.. But everything looked clean and flowers were alive.. From the pics and vids I saw it wasn't AS green or AS flowery but I'd say 80% there..

Michael left Neverland and didn't really want to go back... sold up and left. Is or will Neverland ever be the same again?

I went to the gates during my visit to Calif. during the trial... whilst in Calif. for the memorial service I didn't want to go back. I remember the celebration at neverland after the verdict, and that will be the Neverland I will always remember. Now, somebody else for the time being will make money from neverland (If that is the way they choose to go), and to me it doesn't feel right to me xx

Yes Michael told Neverland isn't his home anymore - just a property. But we all remeber all circumstances when he said it. He was shocked, terrified and hurt. And I wish and hope Neverland will never lose his spirit.
but it seems to me Barrak just waiting his time. May be Estate have very local rights on property, and he can't do anything of Neverland without their permission, i dont know. But Barrak is provident businessman and i don't think only lofty reasons move his plans

I went to LA for Michael's first anniversay last year and whilst there I went to Neverland.
As soon as I got out the car I could just feel Michael was still there and as I was walking up to the gates that feeling just got stronger and stronger.
To me,it still felt like he was there,like he had never left.
No matter what happens Michaels spirit will always be at Neverland.

MichaelsNeverlandPrincess;3398133]
I went to LA for Michael's first anniversay last year and whilst there I went to Neverland.
As soon as I got out the car I could just feel Michael was still there and as I was walking up to the gates that feeling just got stronger and stronger.
I agree with you. :yes:

Last edited:

Wow... does it really still feel that way? magical and warm? Maybe I should have gone back... I have a 9 year old daughter who longs for me to take her to California and of course, Neverland one day. It would be great to share that with her.

Does anybody else have an experience of neverland after Michael's passing? How did it feel to you and if possible, can you compare before and after?? xxxx

I'm not sure any more which is the main thread for the Neverland Ranch sale, so I thought I'd add the latest news to this one..

Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch has been pulled off the market after failing to sell for almost 5 years. Look inside the 2,700-acre property that was once asking $100 million.

Jackson originally purchased the property for $19.5 million in 1987.

The 2,700-acre property was put up for sale for $100 million in 2015, but it has since been taken off the market after almost five years of price cuts and renovations, Compass confirmed to Business Insider.
The ranch was last on the market in 2019 for $31 million — a nearly 70% discount from its original asking price.

Kyle Forsyth of Compass, one of the former listing agents for the ranch, told Business Insider that the agents representing the ranch found interested potential buyers, but no deal could be reached with the seller, Colony Capital.

Colony Capital, the private investment firm that manages the ranch, "has not re-listed and recent inquiries for showings have been declined or gone unanswered," Forsyth said.

Colony Capital declined Business Insider's request for comment for this story.

The ranch spans 2,700 acres in Los Olivos, California, about 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
Under Jackson's ownership, Neverland Ranch was a Peter-Pan inspired fantasyland with an amusement park, exotic animals ...
Jackson famously threw parties and held events at the ranch, including a 14th birthday party for Kim Kardashian, who called the ranch "the most magical place on earth."
But in 1993, Jackson and his home made headlines when child sexual abuse allegations were brought against him.
He would go on to defend himself against more lawsuits over the next decade, which contributed to his mounting debt. By 2008, he faced foreclosure on Neverland Ranch.

Colony Capital spent millions restoring the ranch after Jackson's death in 2009.
Neverland Ranch was rebranded Sycamore Valley Ranch and put on the market for $100 million in 2015.
It was renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch for the rolling hills, majestic sycamore trees, magnificent oaks, and manicured grounds that the Santa Ynez Valley is known for.
Most obvious, of course, is the property's well-publicized connection with Jackson.

"It was priced where it was in the beginning to capture a celebrity trophy buyer, someone that was willing to pay the extra money because it was Michael Jackson's," real estate expert Michael Corbett, the host of Extra's "Mansions and Millionaires," told Yahoo Entertainment. "Unfortunately now, since there's been a lot of negative press, someone is probably not going to purchase it for that reason ... Now someone's going to buy it because it's an amazing piece of real estate."

The property's location could also be unappealing to some buyers. According to Zillow real estate expert Brendon DeSimone, the property sits about 130 miles northeast of Los Angeles and five miles from Los Olivos, which is outside of the proliferation of the area's highest-end homes.

Village Properties real-estate broker Wayne S. Natale told Bloomberg that it's typical for properties listed for more than $3 million in Santa Ynez Valley to be on the market for two to three years.

Neverland Ranch used to include an amusement park. But Colony Capital turned the area into a "zen garden" when it purchased the ranch in 2008.
But the owners did decide to keep Jackson's famous Neverland train station during renovations.
Children and adults both used to ride in the train when Jackson threw parties, like during this holiday celebration in 2004.

Jackson lived on the ranch for more than 15 years.

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/m...zpzaSKn1CbbTuQbJBWhwtmWdoAMg9haX3bBsH6JTBkKZ8

myosotis;4281915 said:
Neverland Ranch was rebranded Sycamore Valley Ranch and put on the market for $100 million in 2015. It was renamed Sycamore Valley Ranch for the rolling hills, majestic sycamore trees, magnificent oaks, and manicured grounds that the Santa Ynez Valley is known for.

… which was its original name to begin with. :doh:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch has been pulled off the market after failing to sell for almost 5 years. Look inside the 2,700-acre property that was once asking $100 million. <a href="https://t.co/nUp5FuK5uT">https://t.co/nUp5FuK5uT</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/bifrance?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BIfrance</a></p>&mdash; andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) <a href="https://twitter.com/andjustice4some/status/1230138053437472768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Barrack had previously said he was planning to step down as Chief Exec. of Colony Capital. Maybe the Neverland move is tied in to his plans.

Mr Barrack, who lives in Colorado, said in July he planned to step down as chief executive of Los Angeles-based Colony by 2021. Mr Aintabi called that pledge insufficient, adding that he was &#8220;outraged&#8221; that Mr Barrack had been allowed to hand-pick a friend, Marc Ganzi, as his successor.

Since Mr Barrack reinstalled himself as chief executive at Colony last year (2018), the investment group&#8217;s shares have fallen by about a fifth, even as other investment firms and the broader stock market notched up gains.

https://www.ft.com/content/e43c26e4-1055-11ea-a7e6-62bf4f9e548a

Colony Capital has said that it is moving away from investment in traditional bricks and mortar property into 'digital property'....

Real estate investment trust Colony Capital is pivoting to digital, and it&#8217;s selected Marc Ganzi, currently CEO of Digital Bridge, as the man to execute its pivot.

Ganzi, who next year is expected to become publicly traded Colony&#8217;s CEO, shared his vision for infrastructure that will support 5G wireless, all the next-generation applications it promises to bring about, and the role Colony should play there at a recent investor conference.

Real estate investment trust Colony Capital is pivoting to digital, and it&#8217;s selected Marc Ganzi, currently CEO of Digital Bridge, as the man to execute its pivot.

In his view, service providers will share a lot more infrastructure in that future world than they do today. Colony, with its enormous portfolio of fiber, tower, small cell, and data center assets, is in a good position to provide complete solutions to support that shared infrastructure.

https://www.datacenterknowledge.com...o-elect-marc-ganzi-explains-its-pivot-digital

It is interesting how people who try to use MJ do seem to end up doing rather badly financially. Colony Capital's share price appears to have sunk from about $22 to about $5 between 2015 and 2019, according to the Financial Times.

https://www.ft.com/content/c855ee46-2e3e-11e9-ba00-0251022932c8

Having said all that, if no-one wants to buy the property, I wouldn't be surprised if the main house is demolished :(

Last edited:
Barrack had previously said he was planning to step down as Chief Exec. of Colony Capital. Maybe the Neverland move is tied in to his plans.

https://www.ft.com/content/e43c26e4-1055-11ea-a7e6-62bf4f9e548a

Colony Capital has said that it is moving away from investment in traditional bricks and mortar property into 'digital property'....

https://www.datacenterknowledge.com...o-elect-marc-ganzi-explains-its-pivot-digital

It is interesting how people who try to use MJ do seem to end up doing rather badly financially. Colony Capital's share price appears to have sunk from about $22 to about $5 between 2015 and 2019, according to the Financial Times.

https://www.ft.com/content/c855ee46-2e3e-11e9-ba00-0251022932c8

Having said all that, if no-one wants to buy the property, I wouldn't be surprised if the main house is demolished :(

I hope not... don't want to give the haters more ammo.

Back