Tom Sneddon dies of cancer

The Case Sneddon Ignored

Is Tom Sneddon a concerned government official seeking justice for an allegedly abused child or is he merely a prosecutor with a grudge trying to get a conviction? Sneddon’s handling of a past child molestation case would indicate the latter.

In 2002, David Bruce Danielson, a forensic investigator for the Santa Barbara Police Department, was accused of molesting a 14-year-old girl. After returning home intoxicated, Danielson climbed into his bed where the girl, who was a guest at his home, was sleeping. Danielson admitted to “accidentally” molesting her, claiming he had mistaken her for his wife. Sneddon closed the case stating that there was no evidence to corroborate the girl’s claims.

The girl involved in the case wrote her feelings down in a letter that was published in the Santa Maria Times. “I am astounded at the stupidity the DA showed by allowing this man to be released of all charges. David Danielson may be free, but I am still emotionally trapped. There is not one day that I don't wish I wouldn't have come clean.”

About Sneddon’s handling of the Michael Jackson case, the girl’s father said, “Maybe it’s because it is high profile… but still, in her mind it’s the same situation. She’s still angry.”

While it seems that child abuse might not be Tom Sneddon’s first priority, the question still remains whether or not he would really pursue seemingly false allegations in order to carry out his own personal agenda. After learning the facts about the Michael Jackson case and reading through the numerous accusations that have been made against Tom Sneddon, I'll let you draw your own conclusions about that...
Gary Dunlap

In November 2003, Santa Barbara defense attorney Gary Dunlap filed a $10 million lawsuit against Tom Sneddon, accusing him of racketeering, witness tampering, conspiracy and malicious prosecution. Earlier that year, Sneddon had charged Dunlap with perjury, witness intimidation, filing false documents and preparing false documents in a case that Dunlap had handled. Dunlap was acquitted on all charges but claims his reputation has been irreparably harmed as a result of the proceedings. In an interview with Online Legal Review's Ron Sweet, Dunlap claimed that Sneddon stacked the charges against him in order to get a conviction on at least one count; apparently, this is a common occurrence in Sneddon's office. Dunlap also discussed Sneddon's frequent abuse of power and claimed that there are other lawyers who have seen this. A judge recently upheld most of Dunlap's lawsuit and the case will soon go to trial unless a civil settlement is reached.

In related news, Dunlap's lawyer Joe Freeman recently sent a complaint asking that federal, state and county officials investigate Tom Sneddon and members of the Santa Barbara Police Department for misconduct. "In my opinion, the matters to be investigated are the possible criminal violations of several felony and misdemeanour statutes, including conspiracy, illegal taping, deceiving a court and a prosecutor illegally assisting the defense of a case," Freeman said in his complaint. "I respectfully request that the U.S. Attorney, the California Attorney General, the Santa Barbara County Grand Jury and the State Bar open investigations and seek whatever sanctions are found to be warranted against Sneddon and his staff." In response to the allegations, the SBPD's attorney Jake Stoddard said that Sneddon and his employees are immune from legal action because they are prosecutors.
Efren Cruz

In 2001, a man named Efren Cruz filed a federal lawsuit against Santa Barbara prosecutors accusing them of negligence and conspiracy to keep him in prison. The lawsuit also accused District Attorney Tom Sneddon of malicious prosecution. Cruz was incarcerated for four years after being convicted of murder in 1997. The lawsuit claimed that prosecutors had evidence favourable to Cruz but failed to hand it over to the defense before the trial. After Cruz was convicted, the real murderer was caught on tape confessing to the crime. Regardless, Santa Barbara prosecutors stood by their conviction until the case was taken to a higher court where Cruz was exonerated.
Thambiah Sundaram

Thambiah Sundaram's contentious relationship with Santa Barbara authorities began when he opened a non-profit dental clinic in the county and began to attain political status as a result. After unsuccessfully trying to have the clinic shut down, authorities arrested Sundaram for grand theft, impersonating a doctor and malicious mischief. His wife was also arrested and an employee at the clinic was later charged with committing a drive-by shooting. All three were found not guilty. Sundaram sued Sneddon and his employees for conspiracy, false imprisonment and several civil rights violations. He was awarded almost $300,000 in damages.

Sundaram also attended a private fundraising dinner in 1994 where Tom Sneddon and other government officials allegedly discussed their plans to get rid of certain individuals in Santa Barbara who owned substantial amounts of land. Michael Jackson's property was allegedly brought up during this meeting; Sundaram claimed that authorities wanted to acquire Neverland for vineyards.
Diana Hall

According to Gary Dunlap, when a local judge refused to change her ruling in Sneddon's favour, Sneddon brought bogus charges against her, ruined her career and publicly humiliated her by exposing that she was a lesbian. When it became apparent to Sneddon that this judge would be a witness in the Gary Dunlap case, he threatened to bring more charges against her. The judge in question is Diana Hall.

On September 29, 2003, Hall was acquitted on charges of battery but eight months later found herself accused of violating campaign laws. On January 16th, 2004, she showed up at Michael Jackson's arraignment because she wanted to see how Judge Rodney S. Melville handled motions. Hall told reporters: "I'm not being treated well. This has ruined my reputation, and I'm just not going to take it any longer."
Members of the SBPD

In 2002, Santa Barbara County law enforcement groups filed a lawsuit against Tom Sneddon for threatening the police officers' right to privacy. The lawsuit stems from a policy which allows the District Attorney's office to give information about police misconduct to defense attorneys at its own discretion. According to Sgt. Mike McGrew, "It's confusing. He's an aggressive DA. There are actually no files right now on any officers in Santa Barbara. We really don't know why he did this." Future blackmail material perhaps?

More here: http://reflectionsonthedance.blogspot.hu/2011/05/undisclosed-source-offers-up-further.html

I can't believe some of you are celebrating his death...

The man is dead, we should stop talking bad about him now.

I am definitely not celebrating. I'm not happy, and I'm not dancing and singing about it. But I feel nothing but absolute hatred for a very long list of people for way too many years to change.

Tom Sneddon, former Santa Barbara County corrupt district attorney best known for false accusations and prosecuting Michael Jackson, died Saturday in Santa Barbara.

The world is a better place without people like him.

Last edited:
All the reports about sneddon's death just reference his prosecution of mj. How humiliating for him that after that long professional career his only noteworthy contribution to public life seems to be that ridiculously expensive showtrial that didn't even manage to convince the jury that mj gave a glass of wine to a minor, never mind was involved in kidnap and child molestation.

I can't believe some of you are celebrating his death...

The man is dead, we should stop talking bad about him now.

No one of us really knew him, so i don't think we have the right to judge him...
I totally believe that MJ was innocent but sneddon didn't. That's why he acted like he did.

Yes it was a really hard time for Michael but it doesn't help that sneddon is dead now. Let's stop all this hate here.

I hope you can understand me

I'm celebrating his death.

Are we supposed to feel bad that Hitler died? Should we all start talking bad about him because he's dead? Because no one of us really knew him, so i don't think we have the right to judge him... He totally believed in whatever he believed in. That's why he acted like he did.

What you said is really stupid. He was a very bad man, he deserved to die much younger.

He did everything he could to get some of Michael's money, and where did it all go? All he is taking with him into his grave are his deeds. He will forever be remembered as a horrible man and he will perish in hell and be forever reminded of being a horrible man. I bet he is wishing he could take back all the terrible things he did in this life now, but the injustice done to Michael can not be forgiven, he will feel triple the amount of pain he caused to others... backfired on himself forever. Was it all really worth it for a few bucks?

Last edited:
Michael's life would have been different if those allegations and trial never happened. His reputation and career were damaged and tarnished so badly that it is still taking time to be repaired even now. Michael is gone but this always looms around and there are people in this world who think he was guilty because so many people lied and abused their positions. He suffered emotionally, physically, financially and career wise.

I don't take joy in this news but there isn't sadness much either. You can feel bad for his family but unfortunately there are people in this world who have no morals and who are just not good people.

I don't believe that Sneddon thought MJ was guilty because in order to attempt to show some type of proof, he falsified evidence.

I don't feel sad, because he caused so much pain to a beautiful human being...but I will say that I feel bad for Sneddon's children. No matter how old they are, it must be terrible losing a father.

As much I hate to say that I feel sorry for his family, but they should know that he's nothing but a parasite to Michael, judging and trying to prosecute him for his own good reputation. He's nothing but a brother to Satan.

Diane Dimond facebook

Diane Dimond 7:53
Santa Barbara District AttorneyTom Sneddon has lost a year long battle with cancer. His wife Pam and many of their 9 children were at his side.
In my opinion, we lost a man of integrity. Sneddon was an Army veteran, public servant for more than 3 decades, started his county's first Sexual Assault Response Team and dedicated his life to helping victims try to get justice.
When word of his death was officially announced by his family ill-informed "haters" --- fanatics who worship at the alter of Michael Jackson and never forgave Sneddon for prosecuting Jackson on child molestation charges -- came out in droves to say the ugliest things.
They are childish and ill-informed. Sneddon was the ONLY person who had the courage to do the right thing even though law enforcement knew for years about Mr. Jackson and his misbehavior with young boys.
A testament to the facts is this: Five young men have now come forward to claim they were molested at the hands of Michael Joseph Jackson when they were young boys. Five. Five. I'm betting there are more.
RIP, Tom Sneddon. Go with God.

This woman never gives up.

Diane Dimond facebook

Diane Dimond 7:53
Santa Barbara District AttorneyTom Sneddon has lost a year long battle with cancer. His wife Pam and many of their 9 children were at his side.
In my opinion, we lost a man of integrity. Sneddon was an Army veteran, public servant for more than 3 decades, started his county's first Sexual Assault Response Team and dedicated his life to helping victims try to get justice.
When word of his death was officially announced by his family ill-informed "haters" --- fanatics who worship at the alter of Michael Jackson and never forgave Sneddon for prosecuting Jackson on child molestation charges -- came out in droves to say the ugliest things.
They are childish and ill-informed. Sneddon was the ONLY person who had the courage to do the right thing even though law enforcement knew for years about Mr. Jackson and his misbehavior with young boys.
A testament to the facts is this: Five young men have now come forward to claim they were molested at the hands of Michael Joseph Jackson when they were young boys. Five. Five. I'm betting there are more.
RIP, Tom Sneddon. Go with God.

What a stupid f**king old cow. There's as much proof that Michael molested those children as Diane molested ME.

Sony should release D.S. as an official single right now!! That would be just perfect!!

Not sorry. Don't feel happy he died or anything, just angry. I can only think of what he did to Michael, and what a sad life you must lead to destroy a person like that. I'm not able to see past that and it's depressing, and I miss Michael all that much more because of it because he shouldn't have died. People like Sneddon put him into an early grave. I don't want to remember people like that.

Diane Dimond facebook

(snippet)

This woman never gives up.

Ugghhhh... more dramatics and tip-toeing to make herself sound credible without actually providing anything solid to back up her claims, and also completely ignoring the real facts that can easily disprove the accusations. Many of the fans have actually read and acknowledged what's written in court transcripts and the existence of other vindicating items (i.e. Evan Chandler's phone call) while she and everyone who follows her every word doesn't, and yet she calls the fans ill-informed?

This is why I hate social media so much. People, especially news reporters, have the power to manipulate others however they want with carefully chosen words, just as DD has done here. Absolutely disgusting.

That Demon is far more ill-informed, she's a such a disgusting retarded b****! She can't get the facts straight in her dumb head. And calling us childish, she's crossed the line and she's in for a mouth off. She's been kissing Satan in the mouth too many times and acting like such a classless Habs fans. Well she might as well just F#^% OFF!!!

For the laughs, this is what I'm talking about.
habs-and-bruins-fans.jpg

Left will be Diane Demon/Me in the middle/right will be Sneddon (deceased)

Last edited:
Interesting commentary from Roger Friedman. He clearly has no empathy for the man:
----------------------

Michael Jackson Prosecutor Tom Sneddon, 73, Dies; Pursued the Singer on a Vendetta
by Roger Friedman - November 2, 2014 8:38 pm

There isn’t much nice I can say about Tom Sneddon, the former Santa Barbara District Attorney. He is dead at age 73. You’re not supposed to speak ill of the dead. But this is what I know: Sneddon conducted a vendetta against Michael Jackson that went on for years. He bungled the 1993 investigation with Jordan Chandler. And then in 2005 Sneddon — with no real evidence– brought Jackson to trial and destroyed him. The child molestation case was almost completely fabricated, with Sneddon at its forefront. It almost certainly led to Jackson’s death.

I watched Tom Sneddon in court through the winter and spring of 2005. He was about as unsophisticated as he could be in upscale Santa Barbara. It’s hard to believe a guy who seemed like such a hick could be popular with wealthy constituents. His pursuit of Michael Jackson was ridiculous, and you could say bordered on racist. It was clear he wanted Jackson out of Santa Ynez, Los Olivos and the whole area. Let’s not forget: Sneddon threw a victory party at a local restaurant during jury deliberations. He was convinced he’d won. It was in the poorest taste, and he was wrong, wrong, wrong.

Early on, Sneddon knew that the Arvizo family was nutty. Not only that, there was ample evidence they were lying about a lot of things starting with their “kidnapping” by Jackson. If yours truly had seen the humungous pile of receipts rung up by the Arvizo’s during their “incarceration,” certainly Sneddon knew about them, too. I certainly reported enough stories at the time detailing the Arvizos’ activities– shopping, restaurants, vacations, spa treatments– that a D.A. with a legitimate brief would have questioned the veracity of his government witnesses.

But Sneddon was out to get Michael Jackson. He’d lost out in 1993 when Jackson paid off Chandler. He wasn’t thrilled that Jackson had needled him in songs on subsequent albums. When Sneddon turned up at Neverland in November 2003 with bottom feeding tabloid reporter Diane Dimond for the big search and arrest, he showed his cards. It was a grudge match return.

That Tom Mesereau, Jackson’s defense lawyer, made such mincemeat of that prosecutors’ office should tell us everything. Sneddon did a lot of smirking in that trial. He really thought he was sending Michael Jackson to prison. He certainly humiliated the pop star. But then his case fell apart: Janet Arvizo, revealed as a welfare cheat, told Tom Mesereau she thought Jackson was going to take her kids away in a big helium balloon. She and her kids all had different stories. No one could explain how Arvizo was getting bikini waxes while Sneddon insisted she’d been taken against her will.

Jackson left Los Olivos two weeks after the trial was over. Mesereau had advised him to go. Sneddon, he said, would never give up. He’d make Jackson’s life a living hell. So I’m sorry Tom Sneddon is dead, and certainly it’s a terrible loss for his family. Maybe he was a wonderful father and husband. But his overzealousness to get even with Michael Jackson caused a lot of damage. The fact is, and people don’t like this, Michael Jackson was innocent of those charges. They should never have been brought.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/11/0...ddon-73-dies-pursued-the-singer-on-a-vendetta

Back