Tupac Shakur Appreciation Thread

Re: Tupac Shakur apprecition thread

It's sad that both are not solved. It's been ages and nothing :(

I'm watching a documentary on BIGGIE & Tupac together & its very interesting. Theres allegations that the LAPD, or some officers, were not very cooperative in the investigation/s. One officer was even sleeping with Shug Knight's wife dyuring this time. Its very sad to know that the officers did not even care about two very talented people to follow up 100% their deaths. Very sad.

Is the guy /s, responsible for having the hit on both BIGGIE & Tupac, in jail??? Are both these cases still unsolved???

Is that the one with that english journalist? Can't remember his name of the top of my head at the moment. He was walking around with a cameraman?

^^
The case(s) are still unsolved.
I still fail to understand how they can not catch the two murderers of the two most well know rappers of all time. i mean it happend it Los Angeles & Las Vegas, and not even a witness?!! damn..

ya not neccessarily wout a 'witness' but someone knows he / she /they are just too scared to come forward. But were still waiting.... I'm just waiting to hear on the news, the suspect/s came forth with information...etc.

From what I've read/ seen/ heard is that Kadafi was ready to come forward as an eyewitness but was shot and killed as well before he went to the police with his info :(

Yes the documentary was the Englishman and it sounded like the same guy who did Kurt & Courtney.

Nick Broomfield

nickbroomfield.jpg

He caused a lot of unrest in the hood whilst doing this apparently.

I just bought this off amazon. Anyone here have this book?? I am certainly going to buy more after the holidays are over.

2clkrk.jpg

I've not seen that before. I've been out of the pac fan community since Michael passed so I've not kept up to date :( I even saw what looked like a new album somewhere but didn't check it out with the 2pac legacy team.

2pac didn't appreciate MJ at all. Just sayin'

really!? he worked wiht janet on Poetic Justice which btw, wasn't the best movie however they both reallly did a terrific job in the acting part!! I think he dated Jada Pinkett too for awhile

He didn't have to be a fan. We don't know 'pac personally so we don't know what he thought. I've only seen one interview with him where he references MJ at all and that was only as a passing comment not even saying shit about him.

really!? he worked wiht janet on Poetic Justice which btw, wasn't the best movie however they both reallly did a terrific job in the acting part!! I think he dated Jada Pinkett too for awhile

I'm not sure if it was the full dating thing. I think you can compare 2pac & Jada to Michael & Brooke with regard to their close friendship.

Michael-Jackson-25-600x400.jpg

tupac-and-jada.jpg

was tupac east coast rapper or west???

He was born on the east coast (Harlem I think). He made a few songs about the east coast cos he never forgot where he came from. But largely towards the end of his career he repped the west coast cos that's where he was living "To live & die in LA!"

I have been so depressed for some time about the life of Tupac lol ; Something about this case and something about tupac shakur that was so positive and so great and yet, this whole case is so tragic but theres something about Him that makes music and makes hip hop not the same. I so wish that I wake up and listen to the news and I hear, "Tupac's murderer has been caught." But I'm still waiting for that day to come.....

by the way its 15 years this sepetmeber. I'm so extremly sad. I wish like hell that he was here.

I don't think so...

I have been so depressed for some time about the life of Tupac lol ; Something about this case and something about tupac shakur that was so positive and so great and yet, this whole case is so tragic but theres something about Him that makes music and makes hip hop not the same. I so wish that I wake up and listen to the news and I hear, "Tupac's murderer has been caught." But I'm still waiting for that day to come.....

by the way its 15 years this sepetmeber. I'm so extremly sad. I wish like hell that he was here.
Yeah it's sad how the murder has remained just a mystery...Prayers go out to his mother and sister.

Back to the very topic of this thread, there are times I feel like watching and listening to his interviews. About several times a year. In the year 2011, I felt that way just last week:) Most of them, I had already watched them before, but still feels fresh. One thing for sure, this man had no fear in speaking what's on his mind. Very rare quality among celebs, no matter how much they want the public to believe they keep it real.

Hi everyone how are you doing ? :)

I just read a piece of news which deals with Tupac so i searched for this thread to post it:

Tupac Shakur’s Death Row Chain for Sale on Ebay?

A man claiming to have Tupac’s Death Row pendant, is selling it on eBay…

On the eve of the 15th anniversary of Tupac Shakur’s death, it appears the fallen rap legend’s iced-out Death Row charm is up for sale on eBay
The current bid on the diamond-encrusted pendant is $0.99 and the seller says the 14K solid yellow gold medallion once belonged to Tupac Shakur and Death Row founder Suge Knight. He’s also included links to both the original seller, a man named David Humphrey, so that bidders can consult with him before purchasing and confirm the item’s authenticity as well as to a story that talks about a private bidder — in this case the person now selling the piece — purchasing the gem back in 2010.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/08/tupac-shakurs-death-row-chain-for-sale-on-ebay/

I love the songs 'Hit 'Em Up', 'Letter 2 My Unborn Child', '2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted', 'California Love' and 'Ghetto Gospel'.

^Oh yeah I've seen that video. I don't think that really counts as him "dissing" Michael and certainly doesn't show that he didn't appreciate MJ. It would have been nice if they collaborated on a song together.

I think Pac liked MJ. He even sampled him on a track or two and used Human Nature for a song concept. I think he even tried to get MJ on a song, but it didn't work out. He had a crush on Janet too, but she was pretty rude and mean to him so he got mad at her. She tried to make him take an AIDS test before doing the kiss scene in Poetic Justice. She gave him her phone number and then changed her number.

He had a crush on Janet too, but she was pretty rude and mean to him so he got mad at her. She tried to make him take an AIDS test before doing the kiss scene in Poetic Justice. She gave him her phone number and then changed her number.

but she went on years later and started a relationship with jermaine dupree and while she was dating him he was screwing strippers and even got one pregnant. reason why their relationship ended. she could of caught anything from him.

Here's the interview where 'pac tells that story lol

Highly recommend the TUPAC & Biggie documentary its compelling and has great little moments with Tupac doing funny impressions(Including a really good Impression of Tony Monatana) It also has footage of him in studio talking about his recording process n just chillin and making fun of his cuzins.

I hope the film thats being made right now is gonna be good its being directed by Antoine Fuqua(Training Day, Brooklyn's Finest The Replacement Killers).

Highly recommend the TUPAC & Biggie documentary its compelling and has great little moments with Tupac doing funny impressions(Including a really good Impression of Tony Monatana) It also has footage of him in studio talking about his recording process n just chillin and making fun of his cuzins.

I hope the film thats being made right now is gonna be good its being directed by Antoine Fuqua(Training Day, Brooklyn's Finest The Replacement Killers).

"What's your name, main? Huh? Camermain?!" "Say hello to my big friend!" :p I also like the bit where 'pac is in the dressing in a wig singing superfreak! :p

2pac-with-a-wig-o.gif

i respect my Tupac for educating me on the secret society wasn't afraid to call them all out

"What's your name, main? Huh? Camermain?!" "Say hello to my big friend!" :p I also like the bit where 'pac is in the dressing in a wig singing superfreak! :p

2pac-with-a-wig-o.gif

Haha its not enough to read it I'm gonna watch it now, what did u n eveyone else think of Live at the House of Blues

It'll make you laugh ;)

I liked it! I've been to the House of Blues in its current form but wish I got the chance to go...If they let 12 year olds into his shows lol I also like it because he sung the then unreleased track Never Call You Bytch Again. He was on fire on that show!

It'll make you laugh ;)

I liked it! I've been to the House of Blues in its current form but wish I got the chance to go...If they let 12 year olds into his shows lol I also like it because he sung the then unreleased track Never Call You Bytch Again. He was on fire on that show!

It does every time :)

Cool, I wish I could have been there he F@"KING KILLED IT that night I love Never Call You B@tch Again, Hit Em Up, Tattoo Tears & How Do You Want It.

Have you seen the Final 24 series Tupac episode while its about his last 24 hours it also has some insight into his years leading up to the events of that night in vegas, its got a great soundtrack and has interviews from his Mum, Bodyguard, Cousin, Members Of Outlawz.

It does every time :)

Cool, I wish I could have been there he F@"KING KILLED IT that night I love Never Call You B@tch Again, Hit Em Up, Tattoo Tears & How Do You Want It.

Have you seen the Final 24 series Tupac episode while its about his last 24 hours it also has some insight into his years leading up to the events of that night in vegas, its got a great soundtrack and has interviews from his Mum, Bodyguard, Cousin, Members Of Outlawz.

I love ALL of the All Eyez On Me album basically! :p Also like To Live & Die In LA, Tattoo Tears, Pour Out A Little Liquor, Trapped, Fame...hell just too many to list! lol But I was not terribly fond of the Eminem produced album. He sped up pac's vocals on a few songs and it just doesn't sound quite right :no:

I like Never Call You Bytch Again too. I think he originally done that song with D'Angelo before Tyrese was put on the track for the album version. I think it's what he hints at in this interview during the All Eyez On Me Photoshoot:

Yes I have seen that documentary but not in a while so would need to rewatch it to refresh my mind. The Broomfield documentary I thought was too invasive and created a lot of local stirring from what I heard. You seen the KRS-One narrated doc?

All Eyes On Me is awesome my favourite has to be 2Pacalypse Now, Beginnings: The Lost Tapes 1988–1991 is one I listen to alot.
I not a huge fan of the Eminem album but I like it better than Pac's Life I think he gets lost against all the production and addidtions from other artists still sum great tunes there. If he had done Never Call You Bytch Again with D'Angelo before Tyrese it would sounded great Ah what would have been.

Biggie & Tupac is a great documentary I really I dont like the fact Broomfield included that autopsy picture of Tupac and the stirring was not the best of ideas lets behonest it would have been better if Tupac's music(had Afeni allowed its use) had featured as much as Biggie's. I have'nt seen that KRS-One documentary any good ?

By the way what are your favourite films he's been in mine are Juice and Above The Rim

Back