Unconfirmed Reports: Bad album set for re-release with previously unreleased tracks

Re: Reports: Bad album set for re-release with previously unreleased tracks

I'm surprised at such optimism. After recent events I'm expecting a remastered Bad album with an additional remix of one song. At best.

Personally I think Bad 25 will come next year!
Same as Thriller 25 re-released cd, with some remixes and 2-3 unreleased tracks
Bonus would a Bad live DVD, it's madness how one hasnt been released yet!

Cannot WAIT for the unreleased songs. I'm craving, my mouth is watering. :D

I apologise for being pessimistic..........

But I'll believe it (Bad Tour DVD or New Songs) when I see/hear it!!!!

Not really any new information here, we all had a good idea this was coming.

With a great promotion Id recommend to release BAD album and DVD/Blue-Ray Wembley concert with special bonuses and behind the scenes shots.... wow! (maybe a special book about the BAD era....)

That would be amazing. Not only fans, but many people would love it.

I apologise for being pessimistic..........

But I'll believe it (Bad Tour DVD or New Songs) when I see/hear it!!!!

Same here. I'll wait and see.

Just a little more patience ... (after all, what's a few more months after 25 years)

I'm optimistic that BAD 2012 is going to be a wonderful year

Whatever they do and add to the rerelease, don't mess with the original songs like you did with T25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter how hot you think somebody is in the music business right now, do NOT let them touch the original songs!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not expecting that much either. A remaster with one or possibly two 'unreleased' songs. I hope I'm wrong though.

Been waiting for this news for a longest. Atleast we now know they are working on it. Just a matter of time before it releases.

It'll be two songs max. But hey, of course I'd still buy it, lets not kid myself!

It'll be two songs max. But hey, of course I'd still buy it, lets not kid myself!

It will be a few more than 2 songs, but they probably won't be from the Bad Sessions. A "new version" of Hot Street is planned to be released on BAD25.

I really want the Bad tour to do a 2week run In Movie theaters Before the Bad album Re-release

It will be a few more than 2 songs, but they probably won't be from the Bad Sessions. A "new version" of Hot Street is planned to be released on BAD25.

What is your source for Hot Street?

Surely Michael has sold more than 500.000 copies. - Is this figure for UK only or US only? - Worldwide Michael has sold much more than 500.000 copies, right???
Yes around 2 - 5 million copies

So long as they only remaster the unreleased tracks cool, hopefully this means the Bad Tour will come out as a stand alone release allowing for more extra material

What is your source for Hot Street?

I spoke with someone that works with Epic Records at a Sony staff meeting. He did not know much about MJ projects but he said he heard a "new version" of Hot Street that has been planned for release on the Bad Anniversary Album. He said nothing about a DVD release, he probably just didn't know anything about it.

Can't wait for the release of Bad 25.....just hope to hell they don't have remixes on it. The T25 remixes SUCKED!. The ONLY good thing about T25 was the LONG awaited release of For All Time.

Unreleased material is the way to go. I can think of 5 songs off the top of my head I'd like to see released on this:

1. Hot Street (even though it's a Thriller session track)
2. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
3. Mind Is The Magic
4. Al Capone
5. Come Together- long version (as it appears on the Moonwalker movie)

Can't wait for the release of Bad 25.....just hope to hell they don't have remixes on it. The T25 remixes SUCKED!. The ONLY good thing about T25 was the LONG awaited release of For All Time.

Unreleased material is the way to go. I can think of 5 songs off the top of my head I'd like to see released on this:

1. Hot Street (even though it's a Thriller session track)
2. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
3. Mind Is The Magic
4. Al Capone
5. Come Together- long version (as it appears on the Moonwalker movie)

Do You Know Where Your Children Are & Mind Is The Magic are from Dangerous sessions. And Mind Is The Magic is already released.

If Bad 25 looks like Thriller 25, I will not buy it !!!

To be honest, I wouldn't mind just demos of the songs which we already hear on Bad because, I like to see how Michael developed it in to what it does today, this shows me more on how creative he was.

I'd love a collector edition, with a box. Bad Wembley Blu-Ray and a 2 CD with new material. That is NEVER going to happen unfortunately :( The Blu-Ray would be awesome though.

I would like 3 disc album. This would be my perfect (and possible, because they will not release all unreleased songs at once, of course) release:

First disc - Bad (original 1987 release) + Leave Me Alone.

Second disc - all songs from Bad era (already released and few unreleased, with demos and early versions of some songs, like TUC). It would be nice to have Streetwalker, Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu, Fly Away, Scared of the Moon, We Are Here to Change the World, Cheater & Come Together (Moonwalker version, previously released on Remember the Time single) all on one album. Of course with 2-3 "new" previuosly unreleased tracks from Bad sessions (Groove of Midnight...) along with demos and early versions of Smooth Criminal (Chicago 1945, Al Capone), The Way You Make Me Feel (Hot Fever) and Liberian Girl (Pyramid Girl). Previously unreleased French version of I Just Can't Stop Loving You would be nice too.

Third disc would be DVD live from Bad World Tour Wembley '88.

They should do a package, the Bad album reissue plus bonus tracks AND a Bad tour dvd...

I'll take it all please :D

Last edited:

BAD deserves one hell of an release!

HUGE promotion. - BAD tour concert in Cinemas, single releases, Moonwalker re-released, BAD Tour released on Blu-Ray in a normal version, a 2-disc edition and a FAN DELUXE EDITION with LOTS of extra material, rehearsal footage and maybe and extra concert!

If SONY releases YOKOHAMA 1987 - I will NOT BUY!! - It would be a disaster! - And the first official MJ cd, dvd, BR, etc. I would not buy.

I would like 3 disc album. This would be my perfect (and possible, because they will not release all unreleased songs at once, of course) release:

First disc - Bad (original 1987 release) + Leave Me Alone.

Second disc - all songs from Bad era (already released and few unreleased, with demos and early versions of some songs, like TUC). It would be nice to have Streetwalker, Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu, Fly Away, Scared of the Moon, We Are Here to Change the World, Cheater & Come Together (Moonwalker version, previously released on Remember the Time single) all on one album. Of course with 2-3 "new" previuosly unreleased tracks from Bad sessions (Groove of Midnight...) along with demos and early versions of Smooth Criminal (Chicago 1945, Al Capone), The Way You Make Me Feel (Hot Fever) and Liberian Girl (Pyramid Girl). Previously unreleased French version of I Just Can't Stop Loving You would be nice too.

Third disc would be DVD live from Bad World Tour Wembley '88.

Early version's would be amazing! Would Get Into the Groove count? The BOW early version recorded in '89 I think.

Back