Update: Estate sends cease and desist to Murray / From Estate Of Michael Jackson, Re: Conrad Murray

Gaz

Owner And Founder
Staff member
Country
United-Kingdom
Hello:

Upon hearing reports of the interview by Conrad Murray, the Estate had the following statement:

"A jury found Murray criminally responsible for Michael Jackson's death. Yet he continues to blame Michael for his crimes. One must consider the source here. Murray is neither truthful nor credible. His bizarre and lurid comments are not worthy of any additional response. "

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

-------------------------------------------

Update:

Estate sends a cease and desist letter to Murray.

2n8n96s.jpg

Re: From The Estate Of Michael Jackson, Re: Conrad Murray Interview.

So they are just going to sit there watch while he is making interviews after interviews spewing lies and all sorts of crap? Surely, they need to act more than ignoring it

From The Estate Of Michael Jackson, Re: Conrad Murray Interview.

I can sort of understand it, although I'm sure that they don't mind if other, less involved people can and will speak up.

The thing with abusive and manipulative a felons like Murray is that nothing incenses them more than being talked down to in a few sentences, or just being called the felon that he is.
I'm sure Murray would love to get into some mud flinging so that he can promise some made up dirt about the Estate.

I think less official channels are the better choice, actually.

Never ever let an abuser direct your actions- ever!!! They are usually walking through life and blame the victim of their abuse for the havoc the abuser wreaked, same here.

Never ever acknowledge an abusers 'private detail' stuff in detail, such as Debbie Rowe etc.
Hammer at him: Why did you not keep charts?
Keep it relevant such as 'you buy someone a substance that is not to be used aside from those trained to use it?
Completely ignore the the 'he had his own stuff' garbage, that's a lame red herring.
Just keep asking again 'why did you not keep medical charts and bought your patients the substance that killed him since you admitted to administering it?'

Again and again. He's probably beat me up after that one or storm out after three questions.

Last edited:

So they are just going to sit there watch while he is making interviews after interviews spewing lies and all sorts of crap? Surely, they need to act more than ignoring it

Unfortunately there's nothing they can do. Dead cannot be defamed so defamation/libel/slander lawsuits are legally impossible. There's no restitution order as Jacksons dropped it or any Son of Sam laws that they can use. Michael's medical info became public record through all the lawsuits so there's no privacy law they can use. So there's nothing in their power that can stop Murray from talking or stop Murray from profiting.

Their best bet is to denounce it once - as they just did- and then ignore it. Because if they respond to Murray they would just contribute to media writing Murray's claims twice - as media would repeat Murray's claims when they are reporting Estate's answers.

It just hurts that he can do this and get away with it. I don't know as a fan how to deal with it to be honest. Michael is being so disrespected and treated like garbage. It's hard especially it coming from the person that killed him.

This dude makes me sick.. He's trying to hurt the whole world.

Their response is more aimed at the fans so we at least know they condemn it - thats about all they can do since no restitution was sought.

It just hurts that he can do this and get away with it. I don't know as a fan how to deal with it to be honest. Michael is being so disrespected and treated like garbage. It's hard especially it coming from the person that killed him.

I know that this is absolutely no consolation to you, or makes it hurt even less.

It only makes me mad, but not hurt because I have an ex husband who employed similar distraction methods.

Murray has a bit of a record here- that of domestic violence and unfortunately these types are all the same. 'Oh, I love you, how can you do this to me? Blablabla.' Murray does the same, presenting himself as the victim.

Murray would do the same thing with you, me, or anybody else. An abuser like Murray does not not what love is, so what he does with Michael, is what he'd do with anyone. And will do with anyone.

I laugh in mad hysterics when I read his 'Michael the slob' tales- my ex, and every other abusive person claims the same old stuff. Slob, you're a mental basket case etcetc.
They will take the tiniest little grain of 'truth' and blow it up and out of proportion, and would prefer you focusing on the hurt he causes you with his weird tales, rather than you keep hammering at him with he real issue.

If it helps you at all, please research perhaps the hallmarks of verbal and emotional abuse, the fact that Murray got cross with Ortega is a huge red flag, it means that the abuse will escalate. And it did.
And no, that does not mean I consider Michael 'weak' etcetc, abusers love themselves loyal and loving people to latch onto.

So, to Murray Michael means nothing. That is cruel- but that is exactly what he needs to be told into his face. Not be lured with tales of underwear and socks.
Murray would love nothing more than the world freaking out about underwear and condoms.
The more people ignore irrelevant hyperbole, the better.

All we need to ask is 'why did you kill your patient?'
Over and over again and not waiver with retorts. He wants to play oblivious? Other people can do that as well.

Why did you do it, Murray? Why did you kill him? You went behind behind bars, so don't tell me nothing you gave him nothing that shoulda killed him. You killed him. Why?

Last edited:

It's the Jackson family who should make an effort to stop this since they did not allow restitution, but i'm not holding my breath.

That's why I try to avoid Conrat Muderer threads, I already know for sure what that bastard said or will say it's bullshit. I don't wanna read or hear what that criminal says against Michael, that mother f*cker is being rewarded for slandering him, deshumanizing him once more and there's nothing we can't do about to stop it and I'm deeply hurt already for what was done to Michael in the AEG trial to carry more suffering in my shoulders.

Hm, I couldn't find the real confirmed source, but apparently George Bernard Shaw was also fond of this old adage:

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

And another good one is:

'Never argue with a fool, onlookers might not be able to tell the difference."
^^Unfortunately this is exactly what all abusers do by acting mighty high on that horse and hurt.

Maybe you should direct this to mama jackson who clearly thinks Murray has kids to feed and more importantly he's not worth a billion dollars she's craving for. It's her mess and it's up to her clean it up. The Estate has nothing to do with it.

Maybe you should direct this to mama jackson who clearly thinks Murray has kids to feed and more importantly he's not worth a billion dollars she's craving for. It's her mess and it's up to her clean it up. The Estate has nothing to do with it.

This too shall pass. Let him make a fool of himself. It will all go away in time and so will he. Dont pay him no mind.

Despite it being repeated countless times, restitution would not hinder one of these interviews and the Jacksons are not the impetus for these interviews. The people hurt most by this are Michael’s family members which includes his children.

Although there is no true purpose to the Estate’s comment that I can glean, I do agree that not ONE WORD that killer said was factual and he is not worthy of response or attention.

Which interview? There's been more than one, or at least there will be soon...anyway their statement doesn't really mean much if it's not public. Fans already know what a BS liar Murray is.

The Estate's response is appropriate to assure all of us what we already know; and as per Ivy's informed comment, they can do little more.

As a member of the boycott CM campaign who took the pledge not to watch, read or share any direct media links that promoted this man's lies or resulted in him profiting as a result of his felony, I did not watch the interview that screened here in Australia, and did not search out links for feedback, etc. My contribution was to send a personal protest beforehand, knowing that they would proceed regardless (they'd already paid him the money!)and always with the concern that any over the top fan protests would feed the publicity machine.

From the time his 'mockumentary' went to air during the trial, and earlier, it became somewhat apparent that CM is really his own worst enemy in terms of his credibility. Of course his words will be used by 'haters' to rubbish Michael, but what's new? But the majority of the world's population are not in that category, I firmly believe. The less credence we give to anything he says (except to point out his inconsistencies!) the happier I am.

Any time I see fans swearing in forums, writing in capitals to emphasise their outrage, and even, unfortunately, making veiled threats, I pray that they will come to realise they have fallen into the trap the tabloid media sets for us - they feed off of such response. It fuels the publicity machine. While I agree it is important to make our voices heard, I also think it is vitally important to do it with a view to how it can/can't be used against us, or, more importantly, Michael's legacy. If we believe we are his 'voice' in such matters, we need to think carefully about how and when we act.

Not everyone will agree with me, no doubt, but that's fine. I just ask us all to take a deep breath and count to 10 and ask ourselves what Michael would have done before we act 'on his behalf'.

Off topic:

Does this means that the new album will be postponed?

Ontopic: what a douche.

Off topic:

Does this means that the new album will be postponed?

Ontopic: what a douche.

Why would it mean that? If a new album would be postponed at every negativity in the press then it would never be released.

Personally I think releasing new authorised product now, and hopefully have it go platinum, would be the best 'non-response' to Murray's BS. Honestly, when I read the transcript on the BoycottCM site at work today I felt physically ill. And he insists he loves Michael? And is his friend? I don't doubt there are some small truths in some of his statements, but he tells such obvious lies about Michael and his children etc. I really don't know if Murray is unhinged or an outright liar, or did Michael tell him some things to test his loyalty? You could make dot points of Murray's statements and refute most of them with evidence from the trials, witnesses, friends and family etc. If not for the sick feeling it gave me - and so many other fans, obviously, based on our comments here and in other forums, it would be laughable. Did Murray really not notice that Prince had inherited his father's Vitiligo? He treated Michael and the kids in Las Vegas. How did he miss that? Oh, and by the way... Michael wearing dark trousers to disguise one of his health issues... obviously Murray is colour blind or did not see the skinny red pants and glittery gold pants Michael wore during some This Is It rehearsals. Like I said... some small truths (Michael's prostate problem)embroidered sensationally. Does he think none of us took in the information from both trials that we should be taken in by his lies? I pity the public and any member of the media that gives this many any credibility at all.

at least the estate know the same as us, Conrad should never even get this kind of attention though. it's sickening what he has done, he took Michael's life and i will never forgive him. I wish he could have rot away in that jail cell. Sleep tight Mike, i'll always love you :cry:

michael_jackson___i_am_forever_by_resetthesilence-d38q63d.jpg

Last edited:

Totally agree with you Gfresh :'(

MJ's kids can always claim Katherine's decision was not in their best interest but we know the Jacksons would never allow them to do so or even bring to their attention that they can still go after Murray. they are minors and Katherine's decisions on their behalf can always be questioned . It is actually not that hard .

As much as I find Murray disgusting and creepy, I must say "Here, here!!" to Gaz and Ivy.

One thing we can rest assured with is that Murray has to live with his guilt (and fear for his life)
til his last breath. There are no words to make this whole ordeal any less painful & go away.

I like this one: "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."...you are right, Murray doens't deserve our attention, he killed Michael and now he wants to do some money from it!

Their best bet is to denounce it once - as they just did- and then ignore it. Because if they respond to Murray they would just contribute to media writing Murray's claims twice - as media would repeat Murray's claims when they are reporting Estate's answers.

I'm not sure what these 'online team' estate statements are - is it just sent out to fans? If so, if there is one group of people in the world that doesn't need reminding that murray was resp for mj's death then that's mj fans, so i'm not sure why we need this type of statement, it's the general public that wd need reminding. To me it came across as patronising but i suppose it's better than getting some song lyrics read back to us like last time.

The executors act with a quickness to issue statements to media outlets when their own credibility or reputation is questioned, even when those making the accusations are people like latoya and howard mann so i don't buy the explanations that are in this thread for their inaction. I find it unprecedented that a public figure can be so browbeaten in article after article after article, and there is no 'official' counter statement either from the family or from his estate to be read out at the end of the programme or in the article. So when murray drops his nuclear bomb as he is threatening to do in whatever media outlet, there'll be no official response, it's just open season. I find that quite scary.

kerryhennigan said:
Not everyone will agree with me, no doubt, but that's fine. I just ask us all to take a deep breath and count to 10 and ask ourselves what Michael would have done before we act 'on his behalf'.
Seeing mj railed against the media in song after song after song, wore a coat out in public with 'stop the filthy press' emblazoned across the back and regularly exorted his fans to have tabloid burnings, if what mj wd have wanted is the criterion, then i'm thinking mj wd want his fans to be pretty hard core, lol. But i accept your point about the dangers of fans becoming the story.

Last edited:

I agree with Bonnie. I have to say I'm extremely unimpressed with the Estate's communication in such situations.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ivy

Since it was already wide spread in the media, it's not an Estate statement that would have given it publicity. It's the same situation as with that horrible Sunday People FBI files article. (I still can't believe that the Estate didn't even go through with their complaint at the PCC.)

They sent a cease and desist letter to Murray, telling him to stop disclosing details about Michael in press interviews, as he is in violation of the patient-physician confidentiality (am on my phone, maybe someone else can post it?). Good move by the Estate.

I just read the letter, and I believe Murray will back off after this. Nicely done for once

Back