Take care of yourself, JJ. Love ya.

Re: Publicist says Janet Jackson is hospitalized

We love you Janet - Hope you get some rest and get well soon :yes:

72988891te3.jpg

73998950ln8.jpg

01%7E21.jpg

Last edited:

reports here said she was only at the hospital for a couple of hrs before being released.heck knows whats gone on.

The Philadelphia show is postponed. I heard it on the news this morning.

I hope Janet gets well.

Last edited:

I wonder if Michael talked to her when the news got out?

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]Elbow Grease Productions
presents:
E X C L U S I V E - Randy Jackson Statement

Regarding Sister Janet Jackson
[/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]September 30, 2008 [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] MichaelJacksonInsider.com has had the privilege of spending a few minutes with Randy Jackson regarding his sister Janet Jackson's recent urgent trip to the hospital before a scheduled concert in Montreal Canada on Monday night. Unfortunately Janet Jackson had to unexpectedly cancel a few performances.

Randy stated "Janet is doing O.K., she suffers from vertigo".

"Vertigo" is a dizzying sensation of tilting within stable surroundings or of being in tilting or spinning surroundings.

He went on to say, she is still in Montreal (as of September 30).

Brother Randy also stated that he "hasn't spoken to Michael in a while, but he is still in Las Vegas".

We thank Randy Jackson for his in-person spontaneous interview.

He made sure to say, "we thank the fans for all their long years of family support".

Best Regards,

Pearl Jr.
[/FONT]

We love you jj!!!!

i wonder what caused her the dizziness. probably the over exhaustion ? i hope she fully recovers soon and her vertigo is not serious.

Randy is Johnny on the spot, aint he?

Thanks for the report MsMo, Pearl Jr. and MJInsider.

Thanks for the updates! :flowers:

Unless it comes from Janet's publicist, I would question any other reports from anyone.

While the material is posted here, MJJC does not necessarily endorse the contents.

Thanks 4 posting the updates!

She has been doing it too many times this year.

Unless it comes from Janet's publicist, I would question any other reports from anyone.

While the material is posted here, MJJC does not necessarily endorse the contents.

randy is janets brother and michaeljacksoninsider.com is a reliable source

randy is janets brother and michaeljacksoninsider.com is a reliable source

The first part is definitely a fact. The second? There is no way I can vouch for that Roxanne. I'm sry.

I would have to take Randy's comments with a grain of salt. After what he did to Michael, errr.... He is Janet's brother, but I find it a bit weird for Randy to state something that could have meant to be private, if true. I would go with what her publicist says. No offense to Pearl, she means well and she is just a messenger.

i take it see was high up on something cause how do u get vertigo by just standing on solid ground? and why end up in a hospitial? kinda strange

i take it see was high up on something cause how do u get vertigo by just standing on solid ground? and why end up in a hospitial? kinda strange

It kinda doesn't make sense to me either. My understanding is that she was set to go on stage when she took ill.

Anyway, she is to resume her tour tomorrow according to her people.

Good luck to her...

I hope Janet gets well soon

FYI:

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with heights. I've experienced it myself and it can be caused by some viruses and inner ear problems.

It's more similar to an equilibrium imbalance or the "spinning bed" feeling from drinking too much alcohol, and can also cause nausea.

Last edited:

ok thanks.

What I posted on the KOP board...I am personally glad that Janet is better - but I'd like to know the underlying reason WHY she has vertigo....maybe she IS exhausted? Or has an inner or middle ear infection? Those things will make you get vertigo - unless it is BPV - benign positional vertigo? She should get a tilt table test done - this will help to diagnose why she is getting this. It could be a structural problem, an infection or a neuronal one (one that involves her nerve endings in her ear). If it is neuronal, she should go see a neurologist. They do fantastic things for this

From: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/neuro/archive/13410.html

Twice in the past year my husband has gone to the ER with what was dx'd as BPPV. I've read the symptomolgy and feel that the sx my husband has are more severe than what I have read. This is what my husband's sx were, exactly both times. Early in the morning (0545) he'll wake up and have a spinning sensation that causes a severe nausea. He'll make it to the bathroom then once there it becomes extremely severe. His vision becomes affected (unable to focus), he loses his sense of perception (he'll grab for an object and miss it), and then he begins to have emesis. With my help we make it back to the bed, and then he keeps asking if I'm still there, when I haven't moved. 911 was called both times, in the ER anti-emetics and Antivert were given, but the emesis continued till about 9-10 am. At 1100 he was finally able to take the Antivert po and by 1300 we were home. There was no suggestion of any follow-up.
My husband is 30y/o and avid runner (avg of 30 miles per week), very physically fit, and no significant medical hx. There aren't any sx that precede this at all. My concern is that these sx are more than "benign" and I just needed an opinion. I feel that there should be a neuro consult or ENT. Anyway your input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Dear Karen:

Sorry to hear about your husband. I guess as a neurologist, we always try to exam the patient and by our examination diagnosis the problem, then using tests confirm the diagnosis. Without the examination it is difficult to diagnosis. The symptoms sound like BPV (benign positional vertigo), however there are some other things we always rule out. Is there a family history of early stroke? Has he had any problems with deep vein thrombosis in the past? Since he is in good shape I imagaine his cholesterol and triglycerides are not out of wack. Did they do any imaging of the brain (CT, MRI)? If the answer to these are no, and the imaging didn't show anything then posterior fossa tumor or basal vertebral insufficiency is unlikely. Is there a family history of migraine headaches? Does your husband have migraine headaches? If the answer to these questions is no, then likely this isn't basilar migraine
headaches. Did your husband have an ear infection or upper respiratory illness preceding the events? If no then it is unlikely that there was an infectious entity causing his vertigo and nausea/vomiting. Since the medication helped (when he could keep it down), then the most likely diagnosis is BPV. Did the doctors do a test called Dix-Hillpike? This is where from a sitting position and rapidly sit him back and turn his head? If so, was it positive? This would clinch the diagnosis. There is a technique that we perform here at the clinic that will reverse the condition without medications. One of our doctors, neurologist is specially trained to do this technique. Since it is curative, I would suggest it. They also do this procedure at UCLA and Harvard. If your close to Cleveland, you can call 1-800-CCF-CARE for information about making an appointment. I hope this resolves.

Sincerely,

CCF Neuro[P] MD, RPS

Just wanted to add - IF she is near Boston, we also do this technique at the hospital where I work. Just PM me.

also vertigo can happen after a migraine. it goes away after a few weeks on its own.

Whatever it is I hope she will get better soon...

Hmmm. Randy Jackson on his MySpace is now saying that no interview was ever given about Janet's illness:

Randy Jackson Speaks about Sister Janet?

Rumors started by the owner of a Michael Jackson fan site has stated that they had an exclusive interview with Randy Jackson, and during this interview he said that his sister Janet had canceled shows because she has an illness called "Vertigo." Randy has not and will not speak publicly about the health of his sister, or her reasons for canceling any of her shows. This "interview" never happened.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=126021428

Re: Publicist says Janet Jackson is hospitalized: Update - Randy Denies Interview

wow she's cancelled hella shows...i hope she okay

Hmmm. Randy Jackson on his MySpace is now saying that no interview was ever given about Janet's illness:

Randy Jackson Speaks about Sister Janet?

Rumors started by the owner of a Michael Jackson fan site has stated that they had an exclusive interview with Randy Jackson, and during this interview he said that his sister Janet had canceled shows because she has an illness called "Vertigo." Randy has not and will not speak publicly about the health of his sister, or her reasons for canceling any of her shows. This "interview" never happened.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=126021428

LOL!
Damn Pearl Jr and team. When are you going to learn? I would say give up whilst you're ahead but well... I guess you gotta get ahead first. Tired of reading about people faking that they are all connected with the great wizard of Oz and then misleading the fanbase. Thanks Mello1 for the update :)

Back