*Update* Janet to Resume Tour 2Nite; Publicist Confirms Ailment

Re: Publicist says Janet Jackson is hospitalized: Update - Randy Denies Interview

why do i have an easier time believing Pearl, Jr?

Re: Publicist says Janet Jackson is hospitalized: Update - Randy Denies Interview

oh so she doesnt have vertigo then i guess. thats good. whatever it was im sure it wasnt anything serious since she only stayed in the hospital for a couple of hours. she canceled those 4 shows coz she needed to rest. touring is very exhausting. maybe she got pregnant and thats why nobody talks about it ?

I wish Janet the best and I hope she gets well soon. I've had vertigo before. That sometimes has something to do with your inner ears.

why do i have an easier time believing Pearl, Jr?

Same here. I just do for some reason.

Get well Janet!

Get well soon, Janet :better: :angel::flowers:

Pearl Jr usually wouldn't state something like that, she seems to take pride in her site. She has been to a number of events where the Jacksons have been in attendance. Unless someone let her down or Randy is saving face. A bit odd.

^ It's all a mess and really I'm having a hard time with both sides.

Re: Publicist says Janet Jackson is hospitalized

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]Elbow Grease Productions
presents:
E X C L U S I V E - Randy Jackson Statement

Regarding Sister Janet Jackson
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]September 30, 2008 [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]MichaelJacksonInsider.com has had the privilege of spending a few minutes with Randy Jackson regarding his sister Janet Jackson's recent urgent trip to the hospital before a scheduled concert in Montreal Canada on Monday night. Unfortunately Janet Jackson had to unexpectedly cancel a few performances.

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Randy stated "Janet is doing O.K., she suffers from vertigo". [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"Vertigo" is a dizzying sensation of tilting within stable surroundings or of being in tilting or spinning surroundings.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]He went on to say, she is still in Montreal (as of September 30).[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Brother Randy also stated that he "hasn't spoken to Michael in a while, but he is still in Las Vegas".[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]We thank Randy Jackson for his in-person spontaneous interview.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]He made sure to say, "we thank the fans for all their long years of family support".[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Best Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Pearl Jr.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

i wonder, if it's true, why is it not on the MJinsider website than?

I don't know if it was ever posted on her website or not.
I got that from Pearl Jr. in an email.

I don't believe that she would make something like that up, and risk never getting an interview with The Jacksons in the future.

Frankly, I think some other reporter took this info from a fansite, twisted some of what was written, and made an article out of it. Nothing in the email says anything about Randy actually posting on a fansite himself. That's what caused all of the nonsense.
:smilerolleyes:

The important thing is that Janet is doing better.

They just need to space the shows out some so everyone can get a break between performances, cities, etc.

It is published on her site and is still there
http://michaeljacksoninsider.com/

she didnt remove it so she must stand by it
That is the only mention - I dont think it was
ever posted on a fan board .. the writer just
twisted the story - he may not have even relised
she would publish it and was just answering her
question not thinking that it would make tabloid
press or that Janet was NOT going to publish why
Its not really that big a deal .. although it isnt anyones
business it does concern fans not knowing if she
is alright .. It just adds to the mystery _ and creates
more publicity. She is learning from Big brother

Last edited:

Why people don't Trust Randy, he only did some mistakes and got advantages from mjsource, I don't think he did anything really bad to his brother and I also don't Think he will say something fals eabout her sister. I just think Janet told him to do not speak for her in pubblic.

Pearl Jr usually wouldn't state something like that, she seems to take pride in her site. She has been to a number of events where the Jacksons have been in attendance. Unless someone let her down or Randy is saving face. A bit odd.

the one thing about the Jackson family/.. I have never heard them voluntarily give out medical info about their siblings...

for some reason, I just think Janet's shows aren't selling well...and could be part of the reason for the cancellations of shows..

To be fair, if Pearl Jr. left that on her website then she must have stand by her story. I believe that Randy's myspace is runned by a fan so it is possible that a fan stated that about Randy. I really do not know what is going on but I do not think it was right of Randy to tell anyone about his sister's condition. I think he should have never even chatted with Pearl Jr.

BTW, Access Hollywood is going to do an investigation regarding what is really going on with Janet. The show confirmed that she cancelled another tour stop so it appears that she is still sick.

wow...rumours, man..how dangerous can they be? very.

the one thing about the Jackson family/.. I have never heard them voluntarily give out medical info about their siblings...

for some reason, I just think Janet's shows aren't selling well...and could be part of the reason for the cancellations of shows..

Based on my read of fans who attended the Toronto show where she initially got sick and the Greensboro show that was cancelled an hour before she was to perform, it seems to point to some sort of an ear infection that is throwing her off balance, making her dizzy and nauseous. From the UTube postings of cuts from her shows, she has to climb a lot of stairs and dance on them and whatnot. Being off balanced like that can have more severe consequences.

Also, fan reports in Greenboro seem to indicate that Janet made the decision to cancel the show there based on her not feeling well, as well as the show being half sold. Also those living in that area reported that other shows put on by Mary J Blige and Alicia Keys did not sell as well there either.

This is just an antedotal report, so I wouldn't bet the bank on it, but it seems to make sense.

As for the Pearl, Jr. report, I suspect that she did indeed speak to Randy and he told her what the problem was, but he perhaps was not authorized to do so by Janet's people. Thus the partial 'backtracking' here.

Janet signed a contract with Live Nation to tour and she is obligated to honor it. Lest we forget about the Hawaii concerts that MJ was supposed to do that didn't happen and the promoter sued him. I would think that if LN didn't think it was worth the effort, that they would seek a mutual agreement with Janet to end the tour.

I do think that she is ill and that illness is something that she just can't perform thru, unfortunately. I also think that there are communication problems between Janet's handlers and LN in that they announced that she would return to tour today, yet it was initally announced that she would not be returning until the 19th at the earliest.

if she was truly doing it b/c of sales, they would've canceled it mid-tour instead of promising refunds for fans who can't attend the make up date

All I can believe at this point is that she's sick and ill.

Yo there is a ET and E! online articles saying from her Publicist that she did suffer from VERTIGO...

You really think she's simulating? Two years ago she was complaining how bad her knees and ankles hurt. Can't you imagine that people became sick? Esp. when they start to work that hard in a really young age? Just because she isn't complaining 24 h a day to seek attention it does not mean she does not know about pain and sickness.

This all so reminds me of the Dangerous tour from Michael. That was plagued by cancellations too. I just hope Janet will be okay. If it's not illness, cancel the tour. If she is indeed sick: take your time to get better!

From: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...onfirms she is suffering from vertigo_1083543

JANET JACKSON - JACKSON'S REPRESENTATIVE CONFIRMS SHE IS SUFFERING FROM VERTIGO

LATEST: JANET JACKSON's mystery illness has been confirmed as migraine-related vertigo - despite her brother RANDY earlier denying he had revealed she suffered from the condition.
The superstar singer has been forced to cancel nine dates on her Rock Witchu tour, after the illness stopped her from performing.
Jackson axed her first show in Montreal, Canada on 29 September (08) after checking into a city hospital.
Soon after, her brother Randy reportedly told a Michael Jackson fan site that his sister had to withdraw from the show because she suffered from vertigo - a condition which makes the sufferer feel unbalanced and dizzy.
Randy quickly denied the reports, insisting an imposter broke the bogus news, insisting the exclusive "interview never happened".
However, Jackson's representatives have now released a statement stating the star has been diagnosed with "migraine-associated vertigo" - dizziness brought on by severe headaches.
A spokesperson tells E! News, "After a thorough medical evaluation, it has been confirmed that Janet's symptoms are being caused by a rare form of migraine called vestibular migraine or migraine-associated vertigo for which she is currently receiving treatment."
And her manager, Kenneth Crear, insists the star is preparing to hit the stage again on Wednesday (15Oct08) at the Verona Center in Washington, D.C.
He adds, "Janet wanted very much to resume her tour so as not to disappoint her fans, but she continued to suffer from vertigo and could not perform.
"She's a world-class entertainer and needs to be at the top of her game to give her fans the show they expect. She's feeling much better and is ready to hit the road again to finish the tour."

10/15/2008 07:07:05 AM

I believe this to be the truth. My only wish to Janet is that she get better....and that there is treatment for this. She can see a neurologist for this. We work with patients every day with this condition...in the hospital where I work. It is pretty common.

thanks for posting this linda. i wish janet all the best. this is nothing serious. she'll be fine in no time. when u work this hard everyday and have such a busy schedule is natural to begin having headaches and migraines at some point. this type of migraines are also caused by diet. anyway, she should get all the treatment she needs for the migraines and also a lot of rest. i read yesterday that her doctor ordered her to postpone her tour until she gets totally cured. now she says she will be performing tonight ? i think she should listen to her doctor and not worry about her fans being disappointed. i say screw them if they dont understand that her health comes first. shes a human being not a machine.

Last edited:

Well, there is video on tmz.com that shows Janet being in D.C. So, let's hope that she is better.

Hmmm, this is interesting - if you go on Randy's myspace page, if that is even his official one, his supposed denial of him doing the interview with Pearl is deleted.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=126021428

Also, the profile has this quote:

THE AUTHORIZED RANDY JACKSON MYSPACE IS CLOSED

Things that makes you go, "hmmmmm".
-------------------------------------
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20233185,00.html

Janet Jackson's Mystery Illness Revealed – Migraines!
By Caris Davis

Originally posted Wednesday October 15, 2008 07:35 AM EDT

janet_jackson.jpg

After much speculation, the cause of Janet Jackson's mystery illness – which caused her to cancel a string of tour dates – has been revealed.

The 42-year-old was suffering from vestibular migraines, her rep said in a statement, an unusual condition that creates the sensation of vertigo.

But Jackson is now receiving treatmet – and she's anxious to get back on stage.

"[Janet is] a world-class entertainer and needs to be at the top of her game to give her fans the show they expect," manager Kenneth Crear said in the statement. "She's feeling much better and is ready to hit the road again."

She is scheduled to resume her Rock Witchu Tour Wednesday night at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.

Jackson's show at Madison Square Garden, originally slated for Thursday, has been rescheduled for Nov. 1.

New dates for the other postponed concerts are being worked out and will be announced shortly, her rep said.

Last edited:

Cancel the tour janet and just make a tour with your brothers

My goodness gracious Ms.Janet,

I can relate, headaches can be pretty tough to deal with sometimes, can truly make one nausiated and somewhat incoherant...

Get well soon..I wrap a heating dad around my head when I get bad sinus headaches.

Last edited:
Hmmm, indeed. I suspect even more that Randy was not authorized to speak for his sister.

Back