UPDATE - page 1/13/14 - TV Alert: True Crime with Aphrodite Jones - Tune In (All threads Merged!)

Re: TV Alert: True Crime with Aphrodite Jones - Tune In: Thursday, April 29

Will there be a live stream for those of us who won't be able to see it on TV?

Re: TV Alert: True Crime with Aphrodite Jones - Tune In: Thursday, April 29 (All threads Merged!)

i hope too... and i hope someone is going to record it!!
Please.... is there someone?

Re: TV Alert: True Crime with Aphrodite Jones - Tune In: Thursday, April 29 (All threads Merged!)

Aphrodite Jones defends Michael Jackson and blames King of Pop foes for his death

David Hinckley Thursday, April 29th 2010, 4:00 AM

c62d6db0.jpg

Aphrodite Jones defends Michael Jackson and blames his detractors for his death.

Aphrodite Jones' "investigative report" on the late Michael Jackson turns out to be the admiring, near-reverential portrait Jackson once hoped to get from Martin Bashir.

Bashir is the British journalist Jackson let into his life after the pop star was buffeted by child-abuse allegations in the 1990s.

The tacit understanding was that Bashir would use his unprecedented access to show the world Michael was a kind person who loved children and would never harm them.

Instead, Bashir famously decided during the filming that there really was something troubling about Jackson's relationship with kids, and his 2003 TV documentary fed the tabloid fire, rather than quenching it.

Jones, who covered Jackson's 2005 child-molestation trial for Fox News, says Thursday that she was also among those who believed Jackson was guilty.

Not anymore.

Jones uses this hour to rip Bashir and everyone else who ever insinuated that Jackson's interest in children was anything other than loving and healthy.

Nor does she stop with simply defending Jackson's reputation. She charges that Bashir, the prosecution and the media in general might as well have put a gun to Jackson's head because she plants his death in June 2009 squarely at their feet.

Specifically, she and several of her interview subjects say, the cloud from these allegations was the main reason Jackson had trouble sleeping, which is what started him on the cycle of pills that eventually killed him.

While Thursday's show isn't entirely linear, it generally starts in the early '90s, when Jackson faced his first charges of child abuse.

He eventually paid a settlement to the family of that accuser, explaining that he just wanted to avoid an O.J. Simpson-style trial. Jones strongly suggests that cash was all his accuser's family wanted from him anyway.

The Jackson family didn't participate in Thursday's show and, as it turns out, didn't have to, since Michael and his memory get unconditional love and an aggressive defense from people like his manager, Frank DiLeo, and his lawyer, Tom Mesereau.

Mesereau even takes the hit for the infamous morning when Jackson came to court wearing pajama bottoms. Mesereau explains that Jackson was sick that day, but that the judge was so angry, Mesereau advised his client to get to court anyhow - and with only 45 minutes to do so, he had no time to change.

Why someone in Jackson's position couldn't arrange to rendezvous with a pair of pants may seem a mild puzzle. No petty detail like that, however, derails or slows Jones, whose show may have started as an investigation but ends up as a love letter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...and_blames_king_of_pop_foes_for_his_deat.html

MEDIA support is here...., great.

cant wait for this!

I wasn't planning on watching this, because I did not want to revisit this horrible time period in MJ's life. But I think it is important for fans & non-fans to watch and show discovery, we want more positive stories on MJ.

Enough of the tabloids trash. So will be watching tonight.

I wasn't planning on watching this, because I did not want to revisit this horrible time period in MJ's life. But I think it is important for fans & non-fans to watch and show discovery, we want more positive stories on MJ.

Enough of the tabloids trash. So will be watching tonight.

Yea, I'm with you on that one. I don't know if I can see things like this, it just breaks my heart and I have such a hard time geting over it. But you are right, this is something that everyone need to watch and we need to make sure more than us MJ fans see this.

Mesereau even takes the hit for the infamous morning when Jackson came to court wearing pajama bottoms. Mesereau explains that Jackson was sick that day, but that the judge was so angry, Mesereau advised his client to get to court anyhow - and with only 45 minutes to do so, he had no time to change.

Why someone in Jackson's position couldn't arrange to rendezvous with a pair of pants may seem a mild puzzle. No petty detail like that, however, derails or slows Jones, whose show may have started as an investigation but ends up as a love letter.

What an idiot. As this person points out, Mike didn't have time to get changed before arriving at court, and that is why he left home in his PJs.

If he had arranged for a rendevouz to change into pants prior to getting out of his car, that in itself would have made him just as late as if he had changed at home.

The person writing this is an imbecile and is obviously against MJ and this show.

Its important to see and am looking forward to it. Its an awful time to revisit but at least stuff like this is getting more attention now.

So, the media can be biased against Michael and that's all good (they never criticize that side) but if something is positive that immediately gets trashed. How predictable!

This review doesn't say why it "ends up as a love letter". If they use that term, they should explain why they think so. But they are basically just trying to ridicule it in advance without backing their stance up with facts.

Crime writer Aphrodite Jones on Michael Jackson’s death
April 28, 2010
Posted: 04:26 PM ET
aphrodite1.jpg

Best-selling true crime writer Aphrodite Jones has been covering Michael Jackson for years. On her TV program, True Crime with Aphrodite Jones, she has set out to prove that the allegations of child abuse and the fallout from his criminal trial were as responsible for his death last year as the drugs he was taking.

True Crime with Aphrodite Jones: Michael Jackson airs Thursday, April 29th on Investigation Discovery. Jones spoke to the LKL Blog about her thoughts on the Jackson case. The interview has been edited for clarity and content.

LKL Blog: You’ve spent years looking at Michael Jackson, his legal troubles and the man that he was. In terms of connecting the dots for your program, tell me a little about what you learned.

Aphrodite Jones: I think what I learned is that we really forgot, while Michael Jackson was alive, that he was a human being. We made him into a caricature. The interesting for me is that nobody after the acquittal of Michael Jackson turned around and said, “gee, wait a minute, we reported only what we could to dig up dirt and never considered that this man has no place to turn now.” Frankly, the media ran after him harder after the acquittal.

It all got turned around on Jackson, in a big way. I think people don’t realize – when Mihcael Jackson did anything, like the baby-dangling incident, it was blown out of such proportion because everybody made him out to be a freak.

LKL Blog: There’s no denying his talent but he was such a polarizing person. People just wanted to know every detail – why do you think people had that kind of reaction to him?

Jones: First of all, Michael Jackson broke the color barrier. And he did it in such a way, with his music, with his friendships and later with his vitiligo. Here’s someone whose life was dedicated to not looking at races, being of only one color. His music united the world. He went to every country in the world with his music. If his music landed there, he usually went. And he embraced people of every culture. Not many entertainers when you think about that really have that kind of stronghold or embrace of people in China, people in Singapore, people in Thailand. My book [Michael Jackson Conspiracy] has been translated around the world. In Japan, China, Taiwan, France, Italy, all over Europe.

LKL Blog: The theory that you’re operating on in the show – that Jackson never recovered from the allegations, from the trial, from the documentary…

Jones: Imagine this – imagine you are one of the most famous people in the world. And not only are you famous, but you’re an entertainer and people want to imitate you – that was Jackson. You can’t walk anywhere without being bombarded as yourself. If you walk into a supermarket or a mall, he was immediately surrounded. Everybody wanted a signature, everybody wanted a photograph, “oh, it’s Michael Jackson.” He described some of those situations. He would try to go to the Beverly Center to get a shirt like a normal person and he couldn’t do it. And then people wondered why he was in disguise or what’s wrong with him? He had no ability to walk around the planet as himself. And that’s a weird thing, if you think about it. Because it happened to him since childhood. It’s not like he became an adult and decided to pick this life for himself. He was chosen by his father for that life. Or by a higher source, based on his voice and talent. So from his childhood, all he knew was people following him around, adoring him, wanting to be like him. But at some point, it gets tiring and you want to have a private life, you want to be able to move around.

LKL Blog: With all of this stuff that happened, the stress of having to move around, the trial, everyone picking him apart – was his death avoidable? Or was is just bound to happen based on everything that had happened to him up until that point?

Jones: I’m one of those people who believe when it’s your time, it’s your time. Michael Jackson gave to us from the time he was six. That’s a lot of giving. He died trying to make a comeback, to prove to his fans that yes, he was still the talent that he was. And to his kids who hadn’t seen him in any other shoes other than the freak that they made him out to be in the media.

I think had Michael Jackson been given the opportunity to first of all, not have to fight for his own name, his own legacy to the extent that he did, I don’t think he would have agreed to the 50 concerts. And by having agreed to the 50 concerts, he then worked himself into such a frenzy. He really was in good shape.

This guy’s voice was there, his dancing was there, his moves were there.

But he lost the ability to perform and do what he loved to do because of all these allegations and insanity that swirled around him for years. And the Bashir [documentary about Jackson] and the trial and the charges made it even worse. He couldn’t trust anyone in the media and he didn’t even want to perform in the United States – that’s why he was doing it in England.

I think he overestimated what his potential could be – or got pushed into it or coaxed into it. And then he realized he had to work really hard to get in shape to have the stamina to do this.

Michael was trying so desperately to resuscitate his legacy that he died trying. He couldn’t get to sleep because he was riddled with the idea of being betrayed, being belittled, being picked on – how much can one person take?

http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/...-jones-on-michael-jackson’s-death/#more-19895

Aphrodite has some very good points. I just wish the rest of the media would follow her lead.

I hope somebody uplodas the program for the rest of us to see.

Also, while her book was very interesting to me, it wasn't well written. Hopefully the TV program is made better than that.

Aphrodite's book is really good but isn't easy to get hold of. I had to read it online because its just too expensive to buy and you cant get it from a lot of places. A lot of people seem to discredit her because of her blog mainly. Critics have said her comments on Michael on there were 'fangirlish' which is a shame as her book is well researched and a must read for anyone.

Aphrodite Jones defends Michael Jackson and blames King of Pop foes for his death

David Hinckley Thursday, April 29th 2010, 4:00 AM

c62d6db0.jpg

Aphrodite Jones defends Michael Jackson and blames his detractors for his death.

Aphrodite Jones' "investigative report" on the late Michael Jackson turns out to be the admiring, near-reverential portrait Jackson once hoped to get from Martin Bashir.

Bashir is the British journalist Jackson let into his life after the pop star was buffeted by child-abuse allegations in the 1990s.

The tacit understanding was that Bashir would use his unprecedented access to show the world Michael was a kind person who loved children and would never harm them.

Instead, Bashir famously decided during the filming that there really was something troubling about Jackson's relationship with kids, and his 2003 TV documentary fed the tabloid fire, rather than quenching it.

Jones, who covered Jackson's 2005 child-molestation trial for Fox News, says Thursday that she was also among those who believed Jackson was guilty.

Not anymore.

Jones uses this hour to rip Bashir and everyone else who ever insinuated that Jackson's interest in children was anything other than loving and healthy.

Nor does she stop with simply defending Jackson's reputation. She charges that Bashir, the prosecution and the media in general might as well have put a gun to Jackson's head because she plants his death in June 2009 squarely at their feet.

Specifically, she and several of her interview subjects say, the cloud from these allegations was the main reason Jackson had trouble sleeping, which is what started him on the cycle of pills that eventually killed him.

While Thursday's show isn't entirely linear, it generally starts in the early '90s, when Jackson faced his first charges of child abuse.

He eventually paid a settlement to the family of that accuser, explaining that he just wanted to avoid an O.J. Simpson-style trial. Jones strongly suggests that cash was all his accuser's family wanted from him anyway.

The Jackson family didn't participate in Thursday's show and, as it turns out, didn't have to, since Michael and his memory get unconditional love and an aggressive defense from people like his manager, Frank DiLeo, and his lawyer, Tom Mesereau.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...and_blames_king_of_pop_foes_for_his_deat.html

The idiot clearly tries to discredit MJs defense.

Please tell the journalist what all you thought of that tabloid trash:

dhinckley@nydailynews.com

So, the media can be biased against Michael and that's all good (they never criticize that side) but if something is positive that immediately gets trashed. How predictable!

This review doesn't say why it "ends up as a love letter". If they use that term, they should explain why they think so. But they are basically just trying to ridicule it in advance without backing their stance up with facts.

I'm disgusted. How can they still write and get away with so much GARBAGE? The son of a bi%$& who wrote that article can go to hell.

Aphrodite's book is really good but isn't easy to get hold of. I had to read it online because its just too expensive to buy and you cant get it from a lot of places. A lot of people seem to discredit her because of her blog mainly. Critics have said her comments on Michael on there were 'fangirlish' which is a shame as her book is well researched and a must read for anyone.

To buy the book on line now is almost impossible for a decent price. It's out of stock everywhere and you can be sure I have really tried hard to get it. Funny thing is that, according to the info one of the last sellers sent to me to apologize for not being able to offer the book, said you can get it at Walmar for some 19 USD... but don't don't send it online anymore!! :doh: And then there's this store Blackwell. They do have the book at a decent price, and you can buy online. They sent to almost ALL the world... EXCEPT Chile. I was like... are you kidding me??? Why do you send your books to Mongolia and not to Chile? :scratch: But they simply don't.

Anyone has seen this at Walmart. There's no Walmart here.

I was advised to use http://www.bookfinder4u.com/ and it really works, but if they don't send to my country, I am lost :no:

Critics have said her comments on Michael on there were 'fangirlish' which is a shame as her book is well researched and a must read for anyone.

of course they going to say that. The thing with the critics is they can't believe there was nothing wrong with Michael.

In their minds they're like "come on, there's gotta be something wrong with that man, at least something". Is what you think when all you can hear is the surgery issues, the "skin bleaching", molestation rumors and all the things the media wants them to pay attention to. Shame on the media.

It's just an attempt to discredit her for defending Michael. She is far from being a fangirl (since initially she thought he was guilty) and they know that.

It's just an attempt to discredit her for defending Michael. She is far from being a fangirl (since initially she thought he was guilty) and they know that.

I think a lot of its male jealousy as well. I remember a passage from Aphrodite's book saying the female jurors were absolutly swept off their feet by Michael, as were a lot of female journalists. As quoted by her Michael seemed to have this power over women that made them fascinated by him. She said some of the female jurors were calling him 'My Michael' and saying 'My Michael would never do this.' During deliberations they went back and forth with the men, persuading the couple of male jurors who thought Michael was guilty that he was indeed innocent. So yes, I believe a lot of attempts to discredit people such as Aphrodite and Geraldine Hughes were down to male jealously.

My Thanks to all of you who worked so hard to bring us this important information. :clapping:

To buy the book on line now is almost impossible for a decent price. It's out of stock everywhere and you can be sure I have really tried hard to get it. Funny thing is that, according to the info one of the last sellers sent to me to apologize for not being able to offer the book, said you can get it at Walmar for some 19 USD... but don't don't send it online anymore!! :doh: And then there's this store Blackwell. They do have the book at a decent price, and you can buy online. They sent to almost ALL the world... EXCEPT Chile. I was like... are you kidding me??? Why do you send your books to Mongolia and not to Chile? :scratch: But they simply don't.

I was advised to use http://www.bookfinder4u.com/ and it really works, but if they don't send to my country, I am lost :no:

You are in Chile, right? Order from Waterstones UK they ship to Chile according to their help page: http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/pages/help-international/100000013/ :) I would order a couple copies (one for me one for you) and ship one over but I'm low on cash atm :( good luck :)

OK guys, its good to read this online, but you could try to buy it.
There arent many positive books like this one..., and the price is adequate.

Yes, I agree
I bought it on amazon last summer

Funny how the media didn't call her "fangirlish" when she thought he was guilty! But, of course not because she was one of them at that time....Idiots!

Crime writer Aphrodite Jones on Michael Jackson’s death

Michael was trying so desperately to resuscitate his legacy that he died trying. He couldn’t get to sleep because he was riddled with the idea of being betrayed, being belittled, being picked on – how much can one person take?

Such a hard read.. heartbreaking :(

lol Some members dont agree with you hence why I posted the link for members to read online ;)

mbks15.gif

You can read CONSPIRACY online here at Jetzi:
http://jetzi-mjvideo.com/books3/

You are in Chile, right? Order from Waterstones UK they ship to Chile according to their help page: http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/pages/help-international/100000013/ :) I would order a couple copies (one for me one for you) and ship one over but I'm low on cash atm :( good luck :)

Thank you very, very much!!!!
I have been looking for this during the last 2 months, it was everywhere and to a reasonable price and then, suddenly, it got sold out. 19 pounds is really a decent price (others are asking form 600 USD or more for an used copy :doh:). I will place my order and I will see what happens. Last time I found it online (Blackwell) they had me waiting form almost a month and then when I asked them about it, they said they will have to cancel it becasue there were no more books. A see in this store there's also a delay of some 4 weeks... I hope they really have it!!!

Thank you soo much :hug:

I agree with 100% about better buying a book like this, but the problem now is the book is nowhere to be found at decent prices. All of a sudden it got sold out and I don't know why, since 2 months ago it was everywhere. This was not first in my list, so I waited and now I can't find it. Check this: http://www.bookfinder4u.com/IsbnSearch.aspx?isbn=0979549809&mode=direct

It shows a comparison of prices in the USA. Crazy! And most are either sold out or they don't ship to my country (the shipping prices are for Chile, see in Japan I would have to pay almost for 2 books to get it to my country).

Walmart doesn't sell online.
Amazon.ca: sold out
Booksamillion: doesn't ship to Chile (all other countries are ok, but not Chile)

Store NameAvailability [?]PriceShipping [?]Total [?]ConditionTaxStore Rating
Check Site
USD​
3-7days​
Best Price

You save 17%
New
Most states
In Stock
USD​
8-16 Days​
New