VH1's '100 Greatest Music Artists of All Time', airs September 6, 2010-Vote: post 26.

Re: VH1's '100 Greatest Music Artists of All Time', airs September 6, 2010

I agree with this list. The Beatles and Bob Dylan and Michael Jackson are just so different as musicians and artists. They worked in such different contexts and genres. And just looking at the effect the music has had on American culture- yeah there was Michaelmania and it was HUGE and AWESOME, but The Beatles and Dylan were the soundtrack to a whole youth social reform movement.

Have to say that I agree. Michael's music still moves me in a way no other artist can but I think the Beatles changed music's path so much, that without it, the likes of M.J. may never have had a chance to flourish.

Voted Michael 'Artist of the 80's' 'though. :cheeky:

^ Bob Dylan is not a global megastar like Elvis, The Beatles, and MJ. Those 3 are the worlds biggest, I don't think many can argue that. Dylan was a songwriter (and a great one at that) but his vocals suck, and he just wasn't an all-round entertainer. Michael Jackson was very big as well, without him there would be no Michael Jordan, Obama, Eddy Murphy, etc. There would also be no huge hip-hop movement like there has been over the past 10 years. Michael Jackson inspired and essentially created an entire generation of music. So just like The Beatles and Elvis, MJ is right up there. I can make a realistic argument for MJ being single handily the #1 artist in history. Unlike The Beatles and Elvis....MJ had to fight through massive social barriers to achieve success.

The Beatles I can understand why they could chart higher than Michael but Bob Dylan? He's a phenomenal songwriter no doubt about it but his vocals are weak and as someone else said wasn't an all arounder.

I feel many people know deep in their hearts that Michael Jackson was the greatest music artist of modern time. But, they just don't want to admit it. May be because they are jealous? May be because they are threatened? I highly doubt VH1 would give Michael his due credits.

Michael was a well rounded artist who excelled in all. Michael was such a good dancer and performer that sometimes the "moonwalk" overshadowed how good a song writer and vocalist he was.

Bob Dylan is a great song writer, but not a good vocalist.

Beatles were good song writiers, but their live performances didn't have Michael's "wow" factors.

Elivs Presley was good vocalist, but he's never a song writer.

Musical taste is very subjective. It's difficult to argue who's better than who. The debate can go on forever. I just hope more and more people acknowledge the fact that Michael Jackson was one of the greatest who had ever graced the surface of this planet.

So I just started to watching VH1...

#7: Prince
#6: Jimmy Hendrix
#5: Bob Dylan
#4: The Rolling Stones
#3: Led Zeppelin
#2: Michael Jackson
#1: The Beatles

As we Live And Breath!!!! REALLY? :mello: :smilerolleyes:

I'm OUT!

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:
#10 was Stevie Wonder
#9 was James Brown
#8 was Elvis Presley

Elvis being #8 really shocked me. I just knew for sure Elvis and The Beatles would be #1 and #2 and MJ would be #3. They just might do the right thing, the correct thing, the truthful, logical, obvious thing and make MJ #1 where he belongs.

Yeah.

TOP 5

The Beatles @ #1 was no suprise to me, but i'm glad Michael was #2! That's very good. Michael deserves it. He's the greatest in my eyes. I just wish the segment on him had been a little longer and more meaningful, but I'm glad to see MJ getting more respect these days.

I dont' care what these VH1 "music experts" says Michael will always be #1 the longevity of his career and the numbers don't lie. Who else had the kind of impact he had on modern music?

It is anyhow a lot better that 40th.
Michael Jackson was already number 1 global icon ever by the music fan on the world at Cnn there was few days.
And by vh1 he is number 2 so it is good:)

Yeah.

TOP 5

Should be #1. CNN polls reflect more accurately. They put him @ # 1.
Only to be behind Beatles is to ignore his influence on Music Videos, Short films, You-tube videos, 3D, Blu -Ray music films and gaming videos.

well, Michael still owns the first place, because he owns the Beatles hehehe

(I love the Beatles btw)

MJ shoulda been #1 without a doubt, although #2 is wayyyyyy better than #40! They are improving.

Also, since I live in Canada I am unable to view any of the movies on Vh1.com , does anyone have a link where I can see them?

Last edited:
^ I can't see VH1 Either..hopefully someone will Upload in 2000 Watts..

I dont' care what these VH1 "music experts" says Michael will always be #1 the longevity of his career and the numbers don't lie. Who else had the kind of impact he had on modern music?

Exactly. He's #1 in every single Artistic aspect.

The rest of the list is a joke. Eminem ranked higher than Hall and Oates and the Bee Gees? Give me a break

Back