Was MJ close to any of his siblings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

babykinsilk05

Proud Member
as an adult? unlike many MJ fans, I don't believe he was close to Janet near the end of his life, and I'm perfectly ok with that seeing as how they both had been living completley seperate lives (to the point where MJ didn't even know Janet had filmed a movie back in 07) up till then. BUT, He had to have been close with someone...I mean he had 7 other siblings after all.

Anybody have any insight/thoughts?

I don't know if Michael remained close to his siblings towards the end of his life. I am sure their was no falling out with any of his siblings. Michael may have just been more distance and just focused on his own family unit ie his 3 children. But who knows, Michael may have been in regular telephone contact with his siblings. And the thing about Michael allegedly not knowing Janet had made a movie in 2007 (we don't know if Michael actually didn't know), maybe Michael and Janet didn't talk about there careers to each other and just focused on personal things. I have seen a Janet Jackson interview with Oprah from around the 1998, were she said she hadn't seen Michael for around 2yrs and had never met Michael's then newly born son Prince.

From what I'm vaguely aware of, Michael was very close to Randy during the last years of his life. But I don't know for a fact if Michael was or wasn't close to any of his siblings during his last years, non of of do. All I know is that when Michael needed his siblings they were there for him, and you can tell Michael's death has left a huge hole in their hearts and part of each sibling has died with Michael no longer with them. Each obvious Michael and his siblings had a loved each other very much, even if they may not have been a huge part of his life during his last years.

Difficult question to answer for us, fans, that is, outsiders :mello:

During a period of time before the business mess and trial, there were pics of Randy and Michael working on something in a studio together. In last few years, not so sure how close they remained after some of the difficulties that arose.

Marlon was working in some higher up capacity (could have been part owner, can't remember details) for a Christian TV station out of Chicago for several years. There are pics of he and Michael together for some event associated with that at the time. Marlon seems to have developed business interests that basically took him away from So. Calif after a certain point, but I always got the feeling that they remained close as brothers despite the time and distances between them.

As for the other siblings, I know about as much or little as others do, just what we could gather from the occasional articles here and there. And who knows how accurate any of those articles were-

Since Michael seemed very close to 3T, not sure if Tito was also involved in the background. After the last trial and Michael leaving the U.S., I don't remember reading much at all about any sibling in connection with Michael, except of course for Jermaine.

Why do you insist on making these threads that warrant drama? :sigh:

dont think so. evidence doesnt really point to it

Doesn't seem so. I think they seem like the kind of family that have their own lives but that doesn't mean they don't love each other an awful lot. But who are we to say, not like we're one of them lol.

I dont think there is any way, any of US could answer this question, we can only speculate which we all know will get us nowhere...imo

What drama???

Everybody (so far) has answered the question just fine...

infact, YOUR statement is what would cause the 'drama'.

I agree.
There's no drama, it's an honest question. In fact I've been wondering about this myself, thanks for posting babykin!

Who knows,like someone said we are outsiders. What one person may consider close could be different to another. Here is an excerpt if from michael's geraldo interview in 2005 it shed a little light on their relationship.

GR: I saw you and Randy, the way you guys react - it’s very reminiscent of the way my brothers and I are together. Who’s top dog?

MJ: Randy.

GR: That’s not what I saw

GR: But, uh, you trust your family.

MJ: Of course, you have to.

GR: Is it a ‘blood thicker than water’ thing? What is it?

MJ: Family is everything. It’s love. It’s what we were taught. We’re friends at the end of the day, which is important. Other than what the public or press people say, we’re friends. We love each other very much.

GR: So, is the family closely knit, despite all the tabloid stuff?

MJ: That’s sensationalism.

GR: How about friendship?

MJ: What about friendship?

GR: Do you rely on friends? Have people stayed with you through thick and thin? Who are your best friends?

MJ: My children, my family, my brothers and my sisters and yeah, most people have. Most people have.

It was nice seeing the family unity at michael's trial in 2005 and even the ongoing one against murray. After michael's 2005 trial he seemed to be on the move searching for home and the right project, he surrounded himself with new shady people and seemed isolated. I'm glad he spent time with his family last year at his parents anniversary. At the end of the day Michael loved his siblings and they love him as well which is the important thing.

Its hard to tell really as most of the family say they were closest to him. I think he probobly talked to Janet on the phone mostly but rarely saw her as they live completely seperate lives.
Then again I have seen the kids in pics with Janet the most since Michael passed, so maybe they did see each other, who knows...

Part of their reason they didn't see each other very much was due to the religious beliefs with which they were raised. Jehovah's Witnesses don't gather to celebrate birthdays or holidays, which are times when many families get to see each other.

It's a big family so who knows. When there are tough times they come together. I am glad Michael got to spend time with the whole family last May. I am sure they are all glad they got to hug him and laugh with and tell him they loved him as it was the last time they got to do that. Sometimes you never get the one more chance to do that.

^^ good point I didn't think of that, but didn't most of them quit ??

I believe so, but if they weren't in the habit of gathering together for special occasions when they were younger, it'd probably be harder to make a point of gathering together later in life. I know for me, if it weren't for birthdays, holidays, etc., I wouldn't see my family much at all.

Part of their reason they didn't see each other very much was due to the religious beliefs with which they were raised. Jehovah's Witnesses don't gather to celebrate birthdays or holidays, which are times when many families get to see each other.

they used to have joe jackson days etc which was the same as celebrating birthdays etc

What drama???

Everybody (so far) has answered the question just fine...

infact, YOUR statement is what would cause the 'drama'.

You already know someone is going to come in with some overly sensitive and ignorant opinion like all his family members deserted him and blah blah blah.

This thread should be closed.

your siggy

Why do you insist on making these threads that warrant drama? :sigh:

I'm reading your siggy & please forgive me, I do not understand it. Can you explain it please? lol Its been awhile since I've listened to Runaway

Although they didn't see each other a lot Im still think Janet and him were close. I mean my cousins and I are very close but when their mother married their step farther(whos in the army) they had to move to foreign countries, but we still remain close, I think Janets and Michaels relationship was like this :)

MJ was so busy, and just like we all get busy, sometimes family gatherings are rare. Im sure they talked every once in a while. Seems like he may have been closer to Janet & Randy more than the others. He once said that he wished they were all closer but that they have no reason to get together since the family doesn't celebrate holidays and birthdays. He wishes it were different. Im sure they all kept in touch through Mama Kat.

I'm guessing that Michael had the same relationship with his family that some of us have with our own family. Some times we see our family a lot, and then there are times that we don't want to be bothered with the family, for whatever reason, but when a time of need arises, we know how to put our differences aside and come together as a family.

I come from a large family also, and sometimes I'm close to them and some times they get on my last nerve (LOL), but if anything goes down, mad or not mad, they all know they can count on my support. I think "most" families are like that.

ONE THING that does give me a little pause is the fact that Michael went from wanting his children to be raised by his mother and after that he chose Diana Ross. I would have thought with all of those brothers and sisters and other adult members of the Jackson family that Diana Ross, a non-family member, would have not made the cut. When it comes to family relations, that piece always stuck out for me.

The only person we know for sure he was close to, and I almost dear to say the singel person who was closest to him his whole life even at the end, was his mom...
Or am I wrong?

But they did all get togehter like 2 months before he passed away to celebrate their parents wedding anniversary?
I heard, and I wish I knew where right now, but I'm sure it was out of Janet's mouth, that it was her and Michael who came up with the idea and then the all made it happen... so so bad contact can't they have had.

why he wasn't close? Because they kept betraying him over and over again due to jealousy and greed

I'm guessing that Michael had the same relationship with his family that some of us have with our own family. Some times we see our family a lot, and then there are times that we don't want to be bothered with the family, for whatever reason, but when a time of need arises, we know how to put our differences aside and come together as a family.

I come from a large family also, and sometimes I'm close to them and some times they get on my last nerve (LOL), but if anything goes down, mad or not mad, they all know they can count on my support. I think "most" families are like that.

ONE THING that does give me a little pause is the fact that Michael went from wanting his children to be raised by his mother and after that he chose Diana Ross. I would have thought with all of those brothers and sisters and other adult members of the Jackson family that Diana Ross, a non-family member, would have not made the cut. When it comes to family relations, that piece always stuck out for me.
Don't silence what you feel about that, usually it is correct.

As long as my mother is alive, I would never say something bad in public that would hurt her child or children because if I hurt them I hurt my mother.

hello,

Diana Ross was his second Mother-image during the time of living with her at a younger age & his brothers. When Michael grew up into a gentleman that is another book in itself.

Michael looked up to Diana and knew she would take care of his children. Janet upset Michael by the betrayal with her boyfriend. Michael was very heart broken that his twin Janet left him for a strange man. Michael thought of Janet as part of him because she was his playmate after his brothers grew up. Michael was a tender, sensative, loving and disciplinary figure which resembles Joe Jackson. His Children are priceless jewels and not just anyone would have them...just special loving women in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back