Welsh Tycoon Wants To Turn Neverland Into Amusement Park

moonwalker5885

Proud Member

(16-3-2008) A Welsh businessman is planning to put in a £25m bid to buy Michael Jackson’s Neverland estate.

Young millionaire James Norvill (27) wants to turn the 2,500-acre home into a theme park to rival those owned by Disney.

James, last year’s Western Mail Young Business Achiever of the Year, says he has contacted a group of business partners about raising the £25m, as well as the £2m-a-year upkeep needed to buy the giant ranch.

The Newport-based waste recycler and property developer says Neverland, which contains a private fairground and a zoo, would be another profitable asset to his growing business empire. James, who took over his dad’s drains company while in his early 20s, said:

“Having visited theme parks all my life I have always been a thrill-seeker.

Having read about the possible sale of Neverland, I have been in touch with a few business partners about a potential buyout.

I have always been someone who thinks outside the box. If I was to successfully purchase the Neverland ranch I would create thrills that would surpass the Disneys of this world.

My ambition would be to create the world’s greatest theme park.

We are looking to put a Welsh consortium together worth around £25m and then appoint an American team to run it.

For somewhere that has never been open to the public, this has real brand value and we want to capitalise on it. I have the contacts to make this work and I am determined to do it.”

James has previously hit the headlines for a host of colourful, publicity-raising stunts. He once drove across the Sahara in a jeep, and is also known for his Skipcar – a vehicle spliced from a 140mph Subaru Impreza and a skip - which is claimed to have set the first ever landspeed record for a skip.

Source: icWales.co.uk

and the attention seaking fools come out from under their rocks. this alone is one reason why that land should never be owned by anyone who aint a jackson

Oh dear... All those business men making offers... I don't think they really want to buy Neverland...I think the reason is they want to make headlines and promote their own business.
Ok, let's take bets where the next "offer" will come from! :lol:

Tell this fellow to not waste his time. Neverland is zoned for farming only.
Michael Jackson was just barely legally able to put in the few amusement rides
he has at Neverland.

Last edited:
I don't want it! It's Michael's land and propriety! I am so tired of these folks, they cannot wait for Michael's decision.

See look at this mess! Anyone other than Michael Jackson owning that property will sell their dignity to the highest bidder...

They are pulling their hair out hoping MJ sells that place with $$$ in their eyes. I also think people are tying to use the media to pressure Michael into selling as well.

See look at this mess! Anyone other than Michael Jackson owning that property will sell their dignity to the highest bidder...

They are pulling their hair out hoping MJ sells that place with $$$ in their eyes. I also think people are tying to use the media to pressure Michael into selling as well.
Neverland is the envy of the world. All because Michael built it. Nearly all the people that sued him have claimed that they will own Neverlamd, even Sneddon and the Aviros claimed that they will own Neverland. Why are the media and Roger so keen for him to lose it. It is his home yet they want to take it from him. Envy and greed mixed together.:(

Last edited:
Ain't that a biatch? Man... If MJ ever sells it, he better let a relative buy it. Period.

Reading this articles gives me the crawlies.

Regardless of whether or not it is put to sale any time soon, I really can't see who would really want to buy it. It is so personal, and so in a sense it would always be Mr Jackson's property

AW: Re: Welsh Tycoon Wants To Turn Neverland Into Amusement Park

and the attention seaking fools come out from under their rocks. this alone is one reason why that land should never be owned by anyone who aint a jackson
And again I agree!

Ugh this is ridiculous
this is the exact thing i was afraid of...that fools would try to destroy the property and use it for their own personal gain if he actually does sell it.
it's disgusting.
that's why i would want michael to keep it and use it for whatever purposes he chooses to use it for.

Jackson should sell this property as soon as possible for one more affordable. This place is the scene of his worst nightmare and obviously he doesn't want it since he hasn't lived there in nearly 2 years. Better to sell and get something for your money rather than have it go to auction and get nothing on your investment. I can't believe it's come to this. Maybe he should tour to get some pocket money.

Jackson should sell this property as soon as possible for one more affordable. This place is the scene of his worst nightmare and obviously he doesn't want it since he hasn't lived there in nearly 2 years. Better to sell and get something for your money rather than have it go to auction and get nothing on your investment. I can't believe it's come to this. Maybe he should tour to get some pocket money.

Maybe you should find another artist to like since you post some of the most asinine and hideous crap in nearly every post here.

Last edited:
I'm just stating my opinion. He hasn't lived there in nearly 2 years. If you are having money troubles, wouldn't it make better sense to sell it for more affordable property? Or would you rather lose it outright with nothing to show for your investment? Does that make sense?

I'm just stating my opinion. He hasn't lived there in nearly 2 years. If you are having money troubles, wouldn't it make better sense to sell it for more affordable property? Or would you rather lose it outright with nothing to show for your investment? Does that make sense?
Michael mortgaged the property and invested the money in his catalogue, so he really hasn't lost anything. The money was taken out,. For all we know this could well have been a strategy to keep certain people at bay. if Neverland is heavily mortgage, those vultures that were coming after him, going on tv threatening to 'own neverland after they win ther case' won't be so keen to own neverland now will they, unless they want an hefty bill.:D Of course, his catalogue is safely tucked away in a Trust where no one can touch it.:)

Last edited:

I agree, I hope Michael doesn't sell it, that place embodies him, his beautiful spirit; I'd hate to see it turning into a profit making machine.

(16-3-2008) A Welsh businessman is planning to put in a £25m bid to buy Michael Jackson’s Neverland estate.

Young millionaire James Norvill (27) wants to turn the 2,500-acre home into a theme park to rival those owned by Disney.

James, last year’s Western Mail Young Business Achiever of the Year, says he has contacted a group of business partners about raising the £25m, as well as the £2m-a-year upkeep needed to buy the giant ranch.

The Newport-based waste recycler and property developer says Neverland, which contains a private fairground and a zoo, would be another profitable asset to his growing business empire. James, who took over his dad’s drains company while in his early 20s, said:

“Having visited theme parks all my life I have always been a thrill-seeker.

Having read about the possible sale of Neverland, I have been in touch with a few business partners about a potential buyout.

I have always been someone who thinks outside the box. If I was to successfully purchase the Neverland ranch I would create thrills that would surpass the Disneys of this world.

My ambition would be to create the world’s greatest theme park.

We are looking to put a Welsh consortium together worth around £25m and then appoint an American team to run it.

For somewhere that has never been open to the public, this has real brand value and we want to capitalise on it. I have the contacts to make this work and I am determined to do it.”

James has previously hit the headlines for a host of colourful, publicity-raising stunts. He once drove across the Sahara in a jeep, and is also known for his Skipcar – a vehicle spliced from a 140mph Subaru Impreza and a skip - which is claimed to have set the first ever landspeed record for a skip.

oh please. Dude needs to forget it. The only person who will be turning neverland into an amusement park or leaving it the way it is, is MICHAEL. BEAT IT!

These folks are like vulcher swarming over neverland like carcass except it ain't dead yet.

Tell this fellow to not waste his time. Neverland is zoned for farming only.
Michael Jackson was just barely legally able to put in the few amusement rides
he has at Neverland.
Oh snap I was hoping for michael to do his own park but he can't since it only farming. Well it's all good he can turning into something else or leave it how it is but these fools need to back up off never. Thank for the info cuz I was wondering about that.

Tell me about it. I think MJ's children will have to fight them off too when he is no longer around. God preseve these children. I can only hope that MJ is preparing them for what is to follow.,

Ok I hadn't read this far down, this dude sound like he just wants attention. I ain't taking this serious at all.:rolleyes: Folks need to stop it's really pathetic.

Personally, I back up any decision MJ decides to make on Neverland. If he decides to keep it, awesome. If not, I say go for it if that's what he wants. But if he does sell Neverland, I really think it should just be turned back into farmland. For some reason, it really bothers me to think of someone else calling it home instead of MJ. It was HIS first, and he put a lot of love into that place. *sigh* I know. I'm being too sentimental.lol;)

*sigh* I know. I'm being too sentimental.lol;)
No you're not! That's how most of us feel about Neverland, it's a very special place and a lot of us hold it close to our hearts. Just imagine what it must mean to MJ, even with all what happened it must still mean something to him.

Back