What do YOU expect from the shows?

Singing and Dancing..He gotta move cuz we all know nobody moves like Michael Jackson..Plus get rid of those headsets,just hold a mic in hand in old fashioned way and dont be bothered if your breath gets heavy cuz if he is wearin headset then he has to be conscious about his heavy breath.Plus keep tht heavy bass on WBSS..lol WBSS during 88 tour was it,the best guitaring on that song was during 88.But which band will be playing with him..I mean will Jennifer Batten join him again???I dont know but I would love to see her play that Beat It Solo..She is very good guitar player.And Mike dont try to be 29 just be yourself..We all know at age of 29 Michael used to sing and dance intensely which no other artist could ever do even at much younger age..And somebody compared U2 with Michael..lol..What Bono does,does he sing and dance..We have to accpet this fact Michael is complete artist not just a singer.Other singers just stand and sing but Mike moves intensely and he is very very spontaneous on stage and this thing about Mike is most impressive..

So Mike just be yourself and don't be soo much conscious about it.:cheeky:We''be fine..hehe And anyway he is Michael Jackson,he knows what to do and none of us is that much intelligent to give a piece of advice to Michael Jackson..:D All we can do is give our opinions:)

I think in todays era, he should work the dancing around the singing and not the other way round. Im sure he knows this.
Totally agree.

I expect the show to be.....UNexpected. lol:D Seriously. I haven't been an MJ fan as long as some of the vets in here, but I've noticed that MJ has kind of a gift for leading people on (in a fun, tag-your-it kind of way), and when EVERYBODY thinks they have him figured out, he takes that fork in the road and looses them every time.:rofl: He's already done that to me several times just in the course of this week.:cheeky: Of course while I try to ignore the maintstream media as much as possible, there is that little sneaking doubt that Mr. Jackson is going to be slightly less 'out there' than his earlier shows, I know I can't just write him off either. Come on. I don't know about you guys but I kind of feel this....tension or electricity in the air right now. Like some kind of nervous energy. When was the last time ANYBODY's been this excited over just a hackneyed, overdone, overrated pop concert? The way I see it, if I try to guess what Mr. Jackson is up too, I will probably end up being wrong and the show will be the exact opposite of what I thought it would be. Besides, it's WAAAY more fun just sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what'll happen. :cheers:

i expect
1. not lip synching to his ballads and slow songs
2. not lip synching to beat it, billie jean, off the wall, ds, dirty diana, give into me
3. dancing in mj style ;]

so my setlist:
1. Scream/Jam ( he proved that he can sing scream live, at least 1st verse :) )
2. History Medley ( they don't care about us etc )
3. WBSS
4. SiM ( he shouldn't lip synch to this, he sung it in some rehearsals and sounded good )
5. Smooth Criminal
6. Sooml/YANA
7. IJCSLY
8. J5 Medley
9. Off the wall
10. Whatever Happens
11. Billie Jean
12. Give into me / Dirty Diana
13. Beat it
14. Man in the mirror
15. Earth song / Bad
16. You rock my world

Why are y'all thinking about a DVD anyways? I'm talkin' BLU-RAY!!! WOOP! :D

Hell yeah!!!! A blu ray release would be awesome! Only fair that they bring a DVD out as well for people without ps3's or blu ray players.

I expect some surprises. Like how he entered the stage in the spaceship thing, something like that for the O2 shows...at least, a cool 'entrance' so to speak, you know.

I don't expect of him to sing every song live, when he has 50 shows to perform (even though he has a break after september to january) but at least sing the ballads live and a few faster songs too. But to be honest...i don't know what to expect of him and whether he'll be miming or not...it would suck and i would find it rather lame if everything is mimed....but i doubt that.

I also expect some new songs....since the dude from AEG said that. :p

Does anyone know how long a concert will take? I really hope for several hours! Never been to one, you see.

You'll probably be AT the concert for 4-5 hours, but generally (all the concerts that I've been to anyway), the supporting acts will be on for an hour and a half/2 hours, and then I'm hoping Michael will be on for at least an hour and a half too!! But I expect there will be a 20 minute break for him also?? :)

What happens at the break? Does all people sit and stand where they have their place?

When can we buy things from the sourvernir shop? :)

I really don't know to be honest! I haven't actually been to a concert where they have had a break in the middle, but I'm just presuming that Michael will have a small rest because of the sheer energy he's gonna be throwing about. I really hope he will be on for at least an hour and a half though, I think that's about average now??

Unless you go and see Ken Dodd and then he lasts about 6 hours :lol:

I think you can buy souvenirs before, during and after as far as I'm aware?? But I'm guessing there will be huuuuuge queues everywhere!

Does anyone know how long a concert will take? I really hope for several hours! Never been to one, you see.

I just checked the Dangerous Bucarest dvd, Michael's show was 2 hours. With now and then a few minutes..like 2 or three where you just see the fans, and nobody onstage...so those are the moments that Mike is resting for those few minutes.

It would be awesome if the O2 shows will be 2 hours as well. I don't remember how long HIStory was?

Good! I know this question has been asked before, and kind of off topic, but is it allowed to take your cell phone with you? So you can film and take pictures? Can you bring digital cameras too? In your pocket?

That would be twice as awesome as if not, to have the memories on my computer, ++.

I expect to be the happiest woman in the world when my dream comes true. :)

I've never EVER seen him sing live before. I've never actually been to a concert :( I want my first (and last) Michael Jackson concert to be the best he has ever done. How he chooses to do this I don't mind. I want to see his amazing dancing live and want to hear him sing at least a few songs live. We gotta remember he is getting on though he doesn't look it. Hes not that 20 year old he was before. I just want to see him do what he does best. Wow the crowd and moonwalk across that stage. *swoons*

i want him to "hee hee" and "aoouuw" and "shamoon"
that would make my day ;)

plzzzz michael do that!! jeez x__x

I expect LIVE singing!!

That's the most important for me! - Otherwise I could just wait and see the DVD and the clip on e-bay!

If he mimes it will NO DOUBT still be great!! - BUT I will be hugely disapointed!

I´d like Michael ti sing only songs from his new album :)) But I expect old stuf only.

I also expect some live singing, at least more than he did during the HIStory tour!
I mean the BAD tour was entirely sung live and it was awesome! I don't expect him to dance as much as he used to and I really hope he will focus on the live singing more. People expect that nowadays!

i dont want it to be like the history tour at all

i kno hes not in his prime but if your gonna lipsing

prerecord the track so that people cannot tell

but dont just lipsing and it sounds just like the record because im gonna be very mad

as for the dancing

the dancing is always on point

the songs he havent done in a long time or never done
hummmm
im expected to see songs from invincible,
and alot of slow ballads!!!!!!!

THIS IS IT: What We Can Expect..

I thought it would be a great idea to compile a list of the things we can expect from the tour. I will update the list as we get more information on the concerts. If you would like to add anything please don't hesitate to post it!

- The stage will be an end stage, simliar to all of his previous stages.

- Siedah Garrett is planned to be a part of the tour, in what capacity it is not yet known.

- Backup dancers/singers will consist of six men (with four understudies) and two women (with two understudies).

- There will be special effects, explosions and magic.

- Dangerous, Smooth Criminal and I Just Cant Stop Loving You are rumored to be part of the setlist.

- The shows will be recorded for future viewing.

- Akon and DJ Benny are planned to be part of the tour, possibly as an opening act, in the month of July.

- According to concert promoter Randy Phillips, Michael will perform at least one new song. (There is a new single scheduled to be released before the shows)

- The tour will consist of several superstar guest appearences.

More info as we get it..

Re: THIS IS IT: What We Can Expect..

Sounds excellent, and I can't wait! really hope the new songs is MJ style, and no modern hip hop style..

Re: THIS IS IT: What We Can Expect..

A Crane.

I'm gonna need there to be a crane.

:D

Back