What happened to MJ's security Wayne Nagin?

Hamid always was a two-faced b*tch... and he was only 'nice' to girls that he thought would sleep with him.:puke:

Well, that's not the impression I got at all. He wasn't coming on to me or my friend at ALL, and I'm totally not someone who'd flirt with all these guys either. Like I said, I'm EXTREMELY SHY, so I was nearly about to run away anyways. Hamid was extremely respectful and nice. Wasn't trying to flirt, wasn't trying to get my number or ask where I'm staying or to come the hotel with him...nothing. He was extremely kind and very professional. I mean, I don't know him and can only tell how he was with me and my friend. Like I said, I can't say anything bad about him, because there was nothing he did that would have made me feel uncomfortable at all. And trus me, if ANYONE...I am the one who HATES guys who try toget girls into bed. But I didn't see Hamd flirt with any girls or anything. He seemed very professional to me.

Well, the situation probably was different on a one off thing, compared to the tour, where the same people travel from city to city!

Well, the situation probably was different on a one off thing, compared to the tour, where the same people travel from city to city!

Yeah, well I guess it takes "two to tango" anyways....I mean, there ARE girls who'd sleep with people who work with MJ...:puke: :puke::puke: So you know....if you are ready to sleep with someone and they agree to do it...I guess you aren't such an "angel" yourself then either. :puke:

Anyways, the point is..I can only talk about someone based on my own observations and experiences. And I didn't see Hamid acting inappropriately...not once. He was just nice and kind in my opinion. Nothing in his behaviour was suggesting he'd want ANYTHING from me. Nothing. So that's why I can't say anything bad about him, because his behaviour was perfectly fine. Very kind. Period.

I wasn't around often enough to get to know all those people. But I did 'meet' Bill Bray once. I was outside the Dorchester Hotel in 1992, when a German (I think) businessman came up to us and asked why all those people were standing outside the hotel. We told him Michael Jackson was staying there.

He said 'ohhhh... that's why we can't go to the 3d floor of the hotel'. He was staying there. So I just said: 'then I can walk inside with you and we can pretend you are my father'. He said: 'okay'. And there was a girl who said: 'then I will be your girlfriend'.

The guy took us into hotel, and first gave us something to drink in the restaurant, and also some very expensive looking bites. We chatted a while, and then he said: I'm going to my room, so let's go. In the elevator he pushed the button for the second floor. When it stopped he said: 'I'm out, you are on your own now... good luck!'

The girl and myself walked to the floor Michael was staying, and we found his room. He just cancelled his London concerts and was ill, so there were many flowers and get well cards in front of the door. Then the girl just pushed the button of the doorbell and the guy who painted Michael a couple of times opened the door. He looked surprised and then Bill Bray came out of one of the rooms. He said: 'how did you get passed security', and we told him. He was very nice. A bit of a grumpy, but nice old man. We then asked if we could have our picture taken with him. He said 'with me?'. But he did agree. We were allowed to step into the room. After that, we left. It was a big adventure! :wild:

bray2.jpg

I wasn't around often enough to get to know all those people. But I did 'meet' Bill Bray once. I was outside the Dorchester Hotel in 1992, when a German (I think) businessman came up to us and asked why all those people were standing outside the hotel. We told him Michael Jackson was staying there.

He said 'ohhhh... that's why we can't go to the 3d floor of the hotel'. He was staying there. So I just said: 'then I can walk inside with you and we can pretend you are my father'. He said: 'okay'. And there was a girl who said: 'then I will be your girlfriend'.

The guy took us into hotel, and first gave us something to drink in the restaurant, and also some very expensive looking bites. We chatted a while, and then he said: I'm going to my room, so let's go. In the elevator he pushed the button for the second floor. When it stopped he said: 'I'm out, you are on your own now... good luck!'

The girl and myself walked to the floor Michael was staying, and we found his room. He just cancelled his London concerts and was ill, so there were many flowers and get well cards in front of the door. Then the girl just pushed the button of the doorbell and the guy who painted Michael a couple of times opened the door. He looked surprised and then Bill Bray came out of one of the rooms. He said: 'how did you get passed security', and we told him. He was very nice. A bit of a grumpy, but nice old man. We then asked if we could have our picture taken with him. He said 'with me?'. But he did agree. We were allowed to step into the room. After that, we left. It was a big adventure! :wild:

bray2.jpg

Oh thanks for sharing this nice story.. :punk:

Wayne was the BEST bodyguard ever!! I reeeally liked him!!! He ROCKED!! I wish he would still be around...Wayne and Skipper , both of them. Or I wish there would be new bodyguards who'd be more like Wayne around MJ.

I'll NEVER forget how Wayne made an effort to get my present for MJ in Budapest out of a moving car. He didn't have to, but he was nice enough to do it, and I will be forever grateful to him for it. I thought that was reeeeally nice of him. All the other bodyguards so far...ugh....nothing but bad experiences (and MJ wasn't even AROUND)...either they were totally rude and yelling at me (Attila in Munich 1999) or just totally ignoring me (Mike and that gray haired bodyguard in London in 2002). :(

Wow, now that's what I call a gentleman. You can tell a body guard really care about the person they're working for when they go that extra mile, even to help-out one of their fans. I wish everyone had that kind of clout.

Thanks for sharing your story sweets. :yes:

Hmm, I didn't want to put it that bluntly! ;)

Well glad I could be of service, Patrick. :hysterical:

Summer - I'm glad you only had positive experiences with Hamid, it's just I've seen another side of him. We all can only go by our own experiences. Don't take it personal. :flowers:

It´s truly sad that he did not have his own security in 2006 @ WMA´s.

Last edited:
Kerry was a good guy as well. I met him near the Dorchester hotel in London in 2005.
He's came to meet MJ's fans outside the hotel. Everybody where asking him to get Michael out there, but unfortunately MJ didn't feel himself well, so was staying in hotel for 3 days.
But I've got a chance to take a picture with Kerry, so here we are ;)

MJJ_Kerry.jpg

P.S. Wayne Hagin was a legendary Michael's bodyguard. We miss you Wayne!

:liesarw now you hurt my feelings... I'm a nice girl, really I am.
Once you get to know me better. :evil: >>> :trytobeangel
LOL, there is nothing wrong with speaking your mind! -_- I know that much already! :cheeky:

Since Michael has never came to China's mainland, I had no chance to see him in person, not to mention Wayne....but on the video of History Tour, when Michael discovered a bug on the stage and called out"Wayne, security...", that sounds like Wayne is a father-like-friend :) I love the man.

never seen wayne but kind of glad bashire is gone.. i heard he was mean..

I forgot I wrote a parody as a "tribute to Wayne" too...:lol: This one's for Wayne! :kickass: :lol:

I wrote this one as an "Ode to Wayne Nagin" for doing such a good job as Michael's bodyguard and keeping the crazy fans from bothering Michael. (Oh...and just like most of the parodies...this one is NOT autobiographical! :doh: :lol: I do go to MJ's hotel sometimes, but I'd NEVER try to go in and bother Michael. Just to make that clear!!). So this one's for Wayne...and it's about fans who bother Michael and who go into his hotel and try to find his room.

WAYNE'S IN THE WAY NOW
(To the tune of MJ's "Stranger In Moscow")

I was wandering at Mike's hotel
Thinking just how to get in :scratch:
Made up my mind and walked in
Hid the camera I was carrying :photoflash:
Tried to find the right room
Opened a door, there was just a broom :glare:
So I just walked on and then
Wayne saw me and wouldn't let me :(

How does it feel
(How does it feel)
How does it feel
How does it feel
When you're thrown out
And you know Mike's inside :boohoo:

Here I am back in the rain
Can't get Mike off of my brain
Wayne and Skipper were watching me
At the backdoor they wouldn't be :kickass2:
So I started to head that way
There are ways to get away :nana:
So I tried to get in again and again and again.....
(Wayne just would not let me!!!) :banghead

How does it feel....
When you're thrown out
And you know Mike's inside
And Wayne's in the way now
Oh just go away!! :pft:
And Wayne's in the way now
Oh just go away!!
We're talking danger :ph34r:
We're talking danger baby
When Wayne's in the way now....

By summer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sven Hoogerhuis;4318104 said:
Sorry to inform, but Wayne Nagin died!

john13th;4318109 said:
What?? When did that happen?? Where did you heard that? :cry:

Skipper Nagin died (in 2012), not Wayne Nagin.

He was Wayne Nagin’s younger brother.

Skipper Nagin was also one of Michael Jackson’s bodyguards.

Got a source for that. Never heard anything. Wayne was very much loved by a large amount of the fanbase back in the day due to how he treated everyone.

Did Wayne really die? 😢 I hope it’s not true! 😢 I hope Michael’s children got to know him and spend time with him. He was always loyal and knew Michael so well!! ❤️ And as elusive_moonwalker said, Wayne was really loved by all the MJ fans because he treated both Michael and the fans really well and with so much respect!! ❤️ Aa I mentioned before, I have only good things to say about Wayne (and I really liked Skipper too). All the other bodyguards I encountered after that were pretty awful. Attila almost made me cry by yelling at me when all I had said was ”excuse me, Sir” (but he did take my present for Michael though so at least that was nice). Did anyone else feel that the vibe was really different in London in 2009? Like someone was trying to keep Michael away/isolated from us? Because it was weird that we weren’t told where his windows were and where to stand until after the press conference and there was absolutely no way to give him presents. I doubt it was Michael’s otders, so it felt like someone was trying to manipulate Michael or control him or I can’t explain it but it was just weird and felt off. 🤔

Did you see or be around kerry? He was pretty nice. I remember outside the dorchester once with the rat incident? this giant thing went running across the pavement.

Mike la perruqe was decent aswell. Mj went through many in a short ish space of time not like the old days. Bashir was abit of a moody so and so but i give him credit hes never sold stories or talked tmk unlike others so respect where its due on that one

I think re 09 its more of a case of randy phillips involvment. Like at the theatre where he came in the front way and it caused chaos and was dangerous. We were all pretty shocked at that.Normally he would go in a side entrance like previous shopping etc trips unless there was only a small crowd.even more so when the kids were with him. Yet it seemed to be all about the publicity for the t.v news reports.and the little things like hotel windows (took ages to realise mj was around the otherside) He prob thought we had all gone home? and gifts etc kinda gotta pushed to one side. Also security who had never experienced that before.

I wasn’t really able to travel to see Michael after London 2002 (Started last year in nursing school, graduated and started working so I couldn’t just jump in an airplane to see him. 😢 It was kind of freaky that ny vacation JUST started when it was announced that Michael will be in London in 2009, like it was meant to be!!! And I had already planned and gotten vacation for July just when the tour was supposed to begin. So freaky!! But so GRATEFUL that I eas able to see Michael one last tine! 😢❤️). So no, I didn’t unfortunately know/see Kerry. I did see Mike in London 2002 with that grey haired bodyguard at MJ’s hotel but they just totally ignored me. ☹️ So no, they don’t go in history as ny favorite bodyguards and don’t get my vote as the nicest bodyguards. ☹️ I don’t mind being told no, I understand, but to completely ignore someone..that hurts. 😢

Yeah, 2009, the vibe eas weitd. Like I said, like someone was trying to keep Michael isolated or make him feel like we aren’t there or don’t love him or whatever. 😢 He seened SO HAPPY at the press conference and at the window and he cane to greet us so it felt very unlike him to not want gifts or letters from fans or to not meet fans. There are so many things that just weren’t right that made me worry for Michael in 2009...That sudden auction that Michael had to fight to stop felt like someone was trying to hurt Michael or take him down...him being kept away from us and isolated in London....so many things that didn’t feel right...

The vibe in 2009 appeared to be weird because the ‘This Is It’ situation was much more different and much more dangerous (for the singer’s safety) compared to previous periods.

That explains why Michael Jackson gave the impression of being kept isolated or why his bodyguards made him feel like fans were not there or that fans did not love him or whatever.

Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard revealed what was going on during the singer’s final years, and especially in 2009.

At Michael Jackson’s insistence, these two bodyguards were increasingly alarmed whenever people, or even fans, were approaching the singer.

For example, these two bodyguards could not always know if someone was a real and innocent fan, or someone (posing as a fan) who wanted to harm or even kill Michael Jackson.

Note that there were also death threats against Michael Jackson during that period, so that was an additional reason for extra safety.

These two bodyguards also had automatic weapons in reserve, as a precaution.

Michael Jackson, as these two bodyguards revealed, was becoming increasingly paranoid in 2009, and he was overly afraid of someone (posing as a fan) would get close enough to harm him.

Back