What If Michael Jackson received a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II

wednesday

Proud Member
Michael Jackson receives knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II... I wish that would have happened!

It would have made him so proud and I cannot think of anyone who would have been more deserving of that title, even if it would only have been an honorary title since he was not an Englishman.

Paul McCartney received the knighthood for his "services to music". Each year the Queen awards hundreds of titles to the elite of English society and I probably will never get over the fact that the English Royals slighted Michael.

If they considered it, they might have been reluctant because of the allegations, but I think after he was acquitted in 2005 the allegations shouldn't have been a reason not to honor his services to music! Everyone plays it so save these days, it's a shame! Michael was loved around the world anyways, but it would have been an icing on the cake and certainly given him back a little confidence while leaving his "supporters" open-mouthed.

Wasted opportunity and very cowardly in my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Michael Jackson receives knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II

Yes, and I think God should have made him Pope and birds should have carried him to the clouds to sleep each night.

I will never forgive God and the birds for this mistreatment.

The world sucks.

This honor is usually given to people of a British origin, your title of this thread indicates that Michael was knighted which isn't true at all. Mods please change the title. America should have something similar though, he did deserve extremely honorable praising.

This honor is usually given to people of a British origin, your title of this thread indicates that Michael was knighted which isn't true at all. Mods please change the title. America should have something similar though, he did deserve extremely honorable praising.

I seem to remember Michael getting the odd award and selling rather well. He was pretty much one of the most lauded artists of all time as well as the biggest selling.

What more do people want?

I thought the Revolutionary War settled all of that nonsense, lol. . . :crackingup: :fear:

The man broke records and other barriers on a scale very few (if any) ever has and that speaks volumes beyond some award, what-have-you.

Pointless award.

Why was this thread made to begin with if artists, performers, scientists, intellectuals, etc can be knighted (I don't know the word for honoring women, "damed"?) if they're from the UK? Dame Elizabeth Taylor was born in England, even though she had the USA citizenship as well.

Paul McCartney and Elton John both received knighthood, because they are both English. Had Michael Jackson been from England, he would have received knighthood right after Thriller honestly, lol. But being that he is from Gary, Indiana and not England, he couldn't receive a knighthood.

I just checked there are Honorary Knighthoods for people who aren't British. Sidney Poitier, Bono, George Herbert Bush :)wtf: ) have been awarded with it. Michael could have been awarded with an Honorary Knighthood.

I didn't realize they had honorary ones. I thought you HAD to be British. But the one award I felt Michael really deserved and didn't get (strictly due to the allegations ) was the Kennedy Center Honors.
I just so happened to be reading about Diana Ross today and saw her pix when she got it in 2005 and was thinking about that.

Last edited:

Yes, and I think God should have made him Pope and birds should have carried him to the clouds to sleep each night.

The world sucks.

I have this sneaky feeling that you're being saracastic

Only UK citizens being eligible is not true. Steven Spielberg got it.

^He likely got an Honorary one. I've never heard anyone referring to him as "Sir" Steven Spielberg.

"Foreign citizens who are awarded an honorary knighthood or damehood for their services to the UK or to other countries are not entitled to use Sir or Dame, but are often coined with the title by the public - for example "Sir" Bob Geldolf."

Last edited:
I always thought he would be worthy of that title, an honorary one then yes, if not true knighthood. I would have wanted him to be knighted just so I could call him Sir Michael Jackson :D But at the very least there is this. The thread reminded me of it :p

damn yeah, after all those decades at work making great music the first thing should happen is having an old rich lady who doesn't deserve any of her wealth tap his shoulder with a sword and getting an extra bit added to his name.

MJ had already appropriated the British royal motto (Dieu et mon droit) and a close approximation of the Royal coat of arms on the gates to his home. I'm surprised HMQ didn't send him to the Tower! :chained: :)

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/eyS0OD0Tp][/URL]

'Dieu et mon droit' is the motto of the British Monarch in England. It appears on a scroll beneath the shield of the English version of the coat of arms of the United Kingdom. The motto refers to the divine right of the Monarch to govern and is said to have first been used by King Richard the Lionheart as a battle cry and official motto of battle, then adopted as the royal motto of England by King Henry V in the 15th century. (Wiki)

Last edited:
MJ had already appropriated the British royal motto (Dieu et mon droit) and a close approximation of the Royal coat of arms on the gates to his home. I'm surprised HMQ didn't send him to the Tower! :chained: :)

http://

'Dieu et mon droit' is the motto of the British Monarch in England. It appears on a scroll beneath the shield of the English version of the coat of arms of the United Kingdom. The motto refers to the divine right of the Monarch to govern and is said to have first been used by King Richard the Lionheart as a battle cry and official motto of battle, then adopted as the royal motto of England by King Henry V in the 15th century. (Wiki)

Yeah, he was into all that stuff. But then, when you are a king you must look and live like one. ;D

I always thought he would be worthy of that title, an honorary one then yes, if not true knighthood. I would have wanted him to be knighted just so I could call him Sir Michael Jackson :D But at the very least there is this. The thread reminded me of it :p

Michael seems to have fun. That little rat next to him is not so impressed though...

The world sucks.

You know, I'm one of those fans, who wished Michael the best of the best. And he couldn't have enough of that imo. In the field of the arts and acknowledging how dramatically he changed our culture on a global scale he was at the top of the list of the most deserving to be honored any which way.

And knowing how much Michael himself appreciated being given awards and how he almost boasted about them I can imagine that he would not have minded another one on his shelf. Ask Spielberg and Angelina Jolie if they minded being given an honorary knighthood and if that happened to be the most horrible day in their lives.

It would have been quite nice. Not more to it. And certainly no Pope involved...

Back