What is your first clip of Michael you are looking?

MJFanusus

Proud Member
What is your first clip of Michael you are looking?

----

My first clip of Michael is Thriller :3

8404cbb4b63c5684e2c0002b983af59d.png

I don't know, but it was probably the video for either Thriller or Beat It. I didn't see the Motown 25 performance until a few years later.

First clip I ever saw of Michael? I'm young enough that it was unfortunately probably something negative, either the dangling incident or a news clip of the molestation allegations. At least I imagine, I'm not too sure.

If we stick to clips of his music videos and not just clips in general, pretty sure it was Thriller! That music video made me rush to check my parents CD collection, find the HIStory CD and well, lets just say the rest is HIStory ;)

First clip I ever saw of Michael? I'm young enough that it was unfortunately probably something negative, either the dangling incident or a news clip of the molestation allegations. At least I imagine, I'm not too sure.

If we stick to clips of his music videos and not just clips in general, pretty sure it was Thriller! That music video made me rush to check my parents CD collection, find the HIStory CD and well, lets just say the rest is HIStory ;)
Since everybody here is all ages, it would be interesting to note WHEN you saw that first clip, as you just said here. And if you didn't see it when it premiered, how did you happen to see it/hear it?

Since everybody here is all ages, it would be interesting to note WHEN you saw that first clip, as you just said here. And if you didn't see it when it premiered, how did you happen to see it/hear it?

I must've seen Thriller around 1987/88. My parents had recorded it on VHS from the first broadcast and would regularly watch it. My grandfather adored it too and whenever he came over he'd ask my parents to put it on. My grandmother would shield my eyes from the scary bits. MJ truly brought the whole family together unlike anyone else in the 1980s.

The first one I can remember was Thriller during a Halloween special on MTV when I was about 7 or 8 years old. My older sister would always buy these celebrity gossip magazines so I had heard of Michael but that was the first time I heard his music. And I remember thinking that it was so strange that he looked nothing like he did in the magazines (this was late 90s), I couldn't believe that was really Michael.

BAD. I walked along a street and saw the film running in a show-window of a TV-shop. I saw it without hearing a tune. But the man, the dancer in the center looked absolutely breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my earliest memories come from Moonwalker. I'm not sure when I first saw Thriller, but I remember being scared when Michael turned into the werewolf. Wasn't afraid of the zombies though lol.

For me it was the J5 cartoons that I remember watching back when I was about 4 years old. This was back in 1984. And I remember Michael always being my favorite out of them. But it wasn't until a year later when I was watching Evening Magazine. It was one of my favorite nightly shows to watch back then. And I remember this one story they did was about Michael mania. And I thought how awesome it was to be fan of someone this huge. My first MJ video that I remember seeing was the We Are The World video back in 1986. I remember it was that because not that long after seeing that video. I remember being a part of Hands Across America with my mother and brother. And I remember We Are The World was one of the songs that was played that day.

my first intro to Michael as me actually being aware was MOONWALKER!!!

I have a memory of watching Scream when I was very young. Aside from that, it was probably one of the Jackson 5 videos. Maybe ABC.

I saw Ghosts(short version) on TV when I was young. I think it was in 1999 but I'm not sure. I wasn't a fan back then.

It was They Don't Care About Us. I was two, so I don't really remember, but story goes that I was unwell and was grizzling on the sofa, then TDCAU came on and I instantly shut up and watched, wide-eyed :) I saw Earth Song not long after, and I was entranced.
I remember hearing other MJ songs on the radio as I grew older, but never equated with the Michael I knew from the two videos mentioned above.
Then, when I was twelve, I saw Earth Song and TDCAU again, and the rest is HIStory :)

I imagine it was Bad in 87, Ive been told it all started for me with that song before I was 2. For definite my earliest memory is Moonwalker and The Legend Continues.

The first short films I saw were probably Beat It and Billie Jean on MTV when I was 13 years old. I vaguely remember watching an episode of the Jacksons variety show and seeing Can You Feel It, Rock With You, and DSTYGE on television in the late 70s, but it was MTV that finally brought Michael into sharp focus for me.

I still remember watching Motown 25 on the living room floor with my mouth hanging open after his performance. :lol: I've been in love with Michael for soooo long; I'd tell him we've had a love affair for years if I could. :heart:

The Ed Sullivan show.

Talk about aging yourself. (Gulp)

It was 1987 / 1988 and I was 14. First short film, mmh ..., I think it was either BAD or Man In The Mirror. I remember being very moved by MITM and the short film. And I was astonished that a global pop star would care for all those global issues. I did not know much about Michael then :) ...

But very clearly do I remember watching MOONWALKER with my dad and my younger brother. There was a broadcast on German TV in (I guess it was) 1988. I LOVED all the short films plus seeing Michael acting in the inbetween scenes. As far as I remember, I already had a little crush on Michael and was trying to hide that from my dad and especially my younger brother :bugeyed :lol:

My dad showed me the Thriller video in 2001 when I was 7. Been a fan since then.

I remember hearing Rock with you, but physically watching a clip, it would have to be Billie Jean and already by then I knew it was Michael Jackson. The first clip I remember just loving to death was Beat It. I honestly could not get enough of that song and its bad ass video. Even today, that video is just epic.

Oh I agree with you on Beat It. When they both were released I remember for awhile there was the Billie Jean camp and the Beat It camp. I was defiantly in the Beat It camp.

There were camps?? Lol. For some weird reason I remember seeing Steve Martin's parody of Billie Jean and Wierd AL's parody of Eat It before I saw the real ones. But I don't think that's possible.
I didn't have MTV but I watched Friday Night Videos back then. (Took the place of Midnight Special).

Beat It is a mini masterpiece.

Back