Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the 12" mix was meant. WBSS and Billie Jean were shortend for the album.
Yeah probably, makes sense. I always wanted to have the intro run a bit longer on WBSS, it also works better for Billie Jean imo

Yeah probably, makes sense. I always wanted to have the intro run a bit longer on WBSS, it also works better for Billie Jean imo
From what I know, the original length versions of the songs which ended up being trimmed for the album can be found on the 12" singles (apart of The Lady in My Life, of course).
WBSS is almost 40 seconds longer, Billie Jean had longer intro and bridge (moonwalk part) and Beat It had the same structure of the live performances with two breaks, one for the solo and a second one for the choreo.

the name of the song was included in the description. the people are being listened to. I credit them for that.

I enjoy ‘starlight’. it’s consistent with Michael’s theme of global unity. it’s amazing how lyrics can change the energy of an entire song.

Nice! I don’t love “Starlight” but it only makes sense to include it. Perhaps the long title people are assuming is “Can’t Get Outta the Rain” is the solo demo of “The Girl Is Mine”? That’s a REAL rarity, at least on commercial releases. Plus, two album demos feels more appropriate and thought-out than one.

Dream track listing:
  1. Starlight (Demo of Thriller)
  2. Got the Hots (Demo)
  3. The Girl Is Mine (Demo)
  4. Carousel
  5. Behind the Mask (Mike’s Mix)
  6. Hot Street (Demo)
  7. The Toy (Demo)
  8. Sunset Driver (Demo)
  9. What a Lovely Way to Go (Demo)
  10. She’s Trouble (Demo)

Nice! I don’t love “Starlight” but it only makes sense to include it. Perhaps the long title people are assuming is “Can’t Get Outta the Rain” is the solo demo of “The Girl Is Mine”? That’s a REAL rarity, at least on commercial releases. Plus, two album demos feels more appropriate and thought-out than one.

Dream track listing:
  1. Starlight (Demo of Thriller)
  2. Got the Hots (Demo)
  3. The Girl Is Mine (Demo)
  4. Carousel
  5. Behind the Mask (Mike’s Mix)
  6. Hot Street (Demo)
  7. The Toy (Demo)
  8. Sunset Driver (Demo)
  9. What a Lovely Way to Go (Demo)
  10. She’s Trouble (Demo)

Hmm....I wonder if Hot Street can fit on the 4 with the proper font and size....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back