When someone says something negative about Michael does it change how you feel about that person?

i am sensitive to that kind of thing. yes it can change how i feel about a person, cus MJ embodies so much that is beautiful. if a person can find negativity in that, it makes me wary of that person.

I agree!! Thats what I was gonna say!!!! :yes: :yes:
Also, I feel that these people are really negative and closed-minded sometimes.

no my feelings towards don't change just because they have a different opinion to Michael than I have, but what may change my feelings towards someone is their lack of information and knowledge about certain things, like Michael's childhood and the fact that he has performed since the age of 5 and they dont understand him like we do

I suppose it would depend on the comment. I know a lot of people that are very closed minded about Michael, they don't like him as an artist which is fair enough (but unbelieveble, who couldnt like MJ's stuff?!) beacuse that's just a difference in musical opinion.
But if they were mean and nasty about him as a person thats when I start spitting fire. Most people know this so they don't say mean things about Michael in my presence...raaaaarrr!!! :lol:

umm! It depends on how I thought of that person before. Hearing negitive things about MJ makes me think of people less open minded.. If I thought they were open minded, that will change.. If I knew they were closed minded, than no..

It also depends on how they say it. I don't mind someone disagreeing with my views on Michael and I enjoy a good discussion about him. But if they are just nasty & spout hatred then it doesn't give me a very good impression of them.

In all honesty, I think many MJ fans are too quick to dislike people who do not like Michael and can sometimes be too quick to judge. Whenever someone finds a quote that even comes close to 'dissing' Michael people jump on it and almost wage a hate campaign against that person simply for having their own view point.

i don't think so..i don't think it's such a big deal. i think fans of all artists are the same. why should it be any different for MJ fans? besides..unlike most artists...MJ fans were patient for years, while MJ was bashed. other artists didn't have to take this much abuse, and neither did their fans...only after years of waiting did MJ fans retaliate, and rightfully so. cus, if we let the media and others keep on, they piled it on more, thinking there would be no reaction..and then they had the gall to think that MJ fans approved of it.

Not really. Some people are just brainwashed by the media's opinion of Michael, and they don't have the resources to have a change of opinion.

If I came across someone like that, I wouldn't try fighting with them, but I would try to educate them on what the media hasn't been telling them. That's always the best route to go. :yes:

Not really. If someone says something incredibly stupid it changes my opinion on them though. :)

i don't think so..i don't think it's such a big deal. i think fans of all artists are the same. why should it be any different for MJ fans? besides..unlike most artists...MJ fans were patient for years, while MJ was bashed. other artists didn't have to take this much abuse, and neither did their fans...only after years of waiting did MJ fans retaliate, and rightfully so. cus, if we let the media and others keep on, they piled it on more, thinking there would be no reaction..and then they had the gall to think that MJ fans approved of it.

I agree. I wonder how all these people who bash and make jokes about Michael would feel if they were subjected to half the crap that he has gone through. Having people they tried to help accuse them of the most horrible things imaginable, hear people they trusted get up in a court of law and blatantly lie. And still be publicly branded as a criminal even after they were found not guilty. I don't mind that they don't agree with everything that Michael has done. But most of the time, the jokes and ridicule I hear and read about are about child molestation. Joking about something that serious is tacky, wrong and tasteless. And doing this to a man who went through the legal process and was found rightfully innocent is just as bad. It defeats the outright and major purpose of a trial. It changes my opinion if the joker and/or basher is a person I had alot of respect for. Using a terribly misguided public perception so they get pats on the back and fat pockets doesn't/shouldn't make them funny or smart IMO. It makes them look stupid. And if the general public would quit putting these people on pedastals, there would be alot less garbage pail chatter in the comedy clubs and the tabby papers nowadays.

Last edited:
It doesn't because usually I have known already before that the person is an ass.

Nope, although it depends on the situation. I generally don't get along with judgmental and closed-minded people and if their feelings about MJ spills over to others...and it is a pattern, then I'm probably not gonna be friends with them. LOL Most people that has a real REAL dislike for Mike, andd won't hear anything BUT their own opinions...I generally don't mess with LOL

I don't necessarily "hate" a person if they don't like Michael. I think they're missing out and they're lives are probably really dull. :)

Hey, if you agree, join the facebook group "If you don't like Michael Jackson, I don't like you." lol

I mean...I do have friends who don't like him...that doesn't make them a horrible person.

I say, whatever -- and change the subject or something because no matter what I say, people beleive the tabloid stuff and don't look at the actual facts.

^^ Yeah, sometimes I just can't do anything about it. :( It's really sad.

today i heard my colleagues talking and a woman said "it's probably only MJ's kids are less happier than Britney's kids" i interrupted and said "i think MJ kids are very happy kids to have such great father" and she said "well may be if he stops molesting them from time to time". How can you say such horrible things about people when you've got no idea and everything you know you knew from tabloids? how can i be indifferent or trying not to distance myself from her?

i'm used to my friends slagging him off, sometimes they do it for fun. However once in a while i strike back with comments which leave them speechless :)

today i heard my colleagues talking and a woman said "it's probably only MJ's kids are less happier than Britney's kids" i interrupted and said "i think MJ kids are very happy kids to have such great father" and she said "well may be if he stops molesting them from time to time". How can you say such horrible things about people when you've got no idea and everything you know you knew from tabloids? how can i be indifferent or trying not to distance myself from her?

hearing such things like that is really devastating that they don't know the whole side of the story and are fast with their comments, this is all the media's fault actually, there are no other ones that have put this to the shame, it's a shame actually, and I feel so sad for Michael, when he only wanted to provide love and faith around the world.

And especially when someone says like that towards his OWN kids, that's really disgusting! What Britney and Michael have in common is NOTHING, Britney abused her changes to ever get custody of her two kids, Michael would battle down the very ground to get his kids back if something like that happened, but she simply don't care about what happens to them and are really hurting them in the most terrible way, showing them off the public and to the paparazzos... let me just say that when Michael decided to cover his children I thought it was strange but now I understand why, there are lot of weirdos out there, ALOT of 'em.... and its good that Michael decided to cover them and protect them, Michael IS a good father, he has dignity in his kids!

thank you for your understanding. actually i couldnt continue working for a couple of minutes just staring at the screen. it's so disgusting to hear that

It depends on what they say and how they say it. Sometimes you get the impression that they are just trying to use Michael's name for publicity, i.e. Kanya West, Uri Geller etc. or they are trying to be crowd pleasers.

I find people who are willing to ignore two grand jury verdicts from 1994, and the Santa Maria verdicts and still try to paint him guilty based on the obviously biased tabloid media to be extremely ignorant. People continuing to make 'jokes' about plastic surgery that is now over 20 years old, and acting as if they have come up with something original and funny are pathetic and ignorant.

We are all able to have opinions and voice them but when the opinions are based on rumour and twisted stories and people are only too willing to believe them I can't have any respect for that person. There is a difference between not liking his music and saying so, and someone who is trying to trash the biggest selling artist of all time because they don't like him is plain stupid.

Someone saying that they are suspicious and not sure, well fair enough.

When someone says somthing about MJ I get a lil frustrated, but I find it really hilarious as well. like my friend in college, when I was listening to beat it, she asked "you like michael jackson?" and i said yeah and then she said "but, hes BAD" lol. ofcourse, she meant bad as in what he is in tabloids bad.
and I couldnt stop laughing till she felt embarrassed. then I just told her abit bout MJ and how the media blah blah, then she got it and plus I kinda infected my classmates with mj..lol.:punk:

If they dislike him then i don't mind but if they are very nasty and believe all the sh!t about him then yeah....cause that's just prejudice.

Yes, it does change how I feel about the person. I don't mind if they don't like his music, thats fine. But when they make comments like he is a child molester, hes a petefile, he should be locked up somewhere, thats what makes me angry and sad. How dare you say that, do you have proof or are you just another one of those ignorant jerks that listens to everything they are told by media. My friends will make bug me about MJ.. yeah for fun. But they know that I like MJ and they will respect that. But yeah, I feel very sad when negative things are said bout MJ when they shouldn't be. I also hate what MJ fans have to go through. We are fans of a musician so what. There is nothing wrong with him and we can be fans of his if we want to. It angers me, people worship druggies, murderers and such but when it comes to a guy like Michael Jackson who has give back so much to our world, they hate on him and insult him to the max. MJ is a beautiful human being and I wish there were more like him in this world. But the world is full of ignorant and foolish people and unfortunately the hate for MJ will never stop. We as fans can continue to appreciate the man's genius and for all the haters, sucks to be them because they are missing some of the best music ever created.

This is mostly addressed as celebrity culture, and artists.
If your a fan of a singer or something, yet they say something about Michael, how do you feel about them?
I notice alot of fans are very sensitive to this kind of thing.

I don't care if people say negative things about MJ, people are intitled to have their own opinion. Besides, I know MJ is the best no mater what:D

It dosent change my opinion about them if they dont like who i like. They dont have to like him and say nice things just cause i do.

Yes it annoys me tremendously but I make it clear to them that if they can't accept Michael they can't accept me so they comply! In different occasions I just feel disgusted and never talk to them about Michael again...I just stay away from them...

Back