When someone says something negative about Michael does it change how you feel about that person?

When someone says something negative about Michael does it change how you feel about that person?

yes.

I never thought about it ... but now, when I read that question... yes, its true, it does change how I feel about that person... strange...

YES!
Im a manager of a pet store and i was taking a day off to go see Thriller live and had to contact another manager at another store to cover for me and when i spoke to him on the phone i said do you like MJ,meaning his music and he replied no i think he is a dirty p$&**(Y^**and it really up set me because i thought he was a nice person, so i gave him a peace of my mind and hung up the phone!!

Yes! Always.
And I lose interest to that person :pth:

Sometimes it annoys me but afterall everyones differernt i don't exactly lose intrested in that person just cause they said somthing negative about MJ i think thats kinda shallow

Last edited:
No, it does not change at all. It's just that Michael is not their cup of tea, which is normal. Not everyone in this world need to like the artists we do.

Last edited:
^^ the hard part of that.. Is there is very few people that just don't really care for his music etc.. usually people either LOVE him or HATE him..

I have met only a few people that did not really care for his voice, songs etc.. They did not HATE him, just did not care..

For these people, my opinion of them do not change.. But when I see someone with so much hate, or simply giggles/smirks at the mention of his name.. That is annoying as hell to me.. That changes my opinion.

''When someone says something negative about Michael does it change how you feel about that person?''

No, I can't blame them because they have no interest in Michael. Everyone has an different view and if they don't like him, they still could be good people.
But most of the people I know, they don't say anything bad of michael, only when michael had his trial.

We COULD forgive people.

Nope.
Not liking Michael Jackson doesn't necessarily make you a bad person.

Hollaback.

I totally agree with that.. the only time I get offended is when they make sly sexual comments about mj referring to the trial then i get defensive. but i dont hate them because some of them are good people in other ways.

Last edited:
i don't exactly lose intrested in that person just cause they said somthing negative about MJ
Those people became so shallow for me like a puddle. Of course I lost interest in them. I need a lil bit of time to explore someone and will feel at once what this person is all about.
Michael Jackson is an ocean.
Those who hate him - the puddle :lol:

God showed me the proofs also: those who bashing MJ usually ending up very bad ;)

Last edited:
When I first became a fan it was really hard.. Anyone say the slightest thing about Michael and I would go off on them. Now that I have gotten older its not as bad. I still stand up for him that aint never going to change lol. But I relize now that people are going to be stupid and talk about what they do not know and you can't change that. I say what I gotta say and thats that...Then make fun of them because they are missing out on an amazing guy.

I dont get upset anymore when someone dont like Michael, I used to be, but now i understand that every one can like what they want.
But i really hate when the person just say: " i think he did it, hes a bad guy" and don't even now the facts about the acusations, and specially that he was judged and considered notguilty. And that hapens a lot for me, because here in Brazil there are not so many notices about michael on the media, so people sometimes dont even know about what really hapened... and what really makes me nervous is when even after i explain everything, people still say... "but i think he did it". They dont know nathing about the facts and just judge, and it really changes how i feel.

My Friend Told me that Michael is "ugly" person and I Just Pissed off and hit him on the wall!His nose was broken almost!

I definetly feel differently towards the person. Cause MJ has been the only person l would protect.

It's natural to protect someone whom you love, like a family member, all those years...

If a certain person bullies me and gives me a hard time just because I'm an MJ fan, than yes it changes how I feel about him/her. If a non-MJ fan/hater can respect my fandom of MJ and his music, then I would be more able to tolerate their own opinions.

i'll ask another question - do you change your may be negative opinion about someone when they say positive stuff about Michael. for example i dont like too much my landlord - just different personalities and today he told me that he thinks Michael is the greatest entertainer in the world and his songs have so many messages and he's absolutely innocent. i was like "oh wow"

and there is a new tenant in our house (several appartements) and she's a new girl and i was passing by her door and heard her listening to Dangerous album. i thought of her as of a strange one cause never says hello or didnt even tell her name when first came here. but having heard her listening to Michael, i'm kinda wondering may be she's just shy that she doesnt say hi to people :) :)

Yes, when someone say that likes Michael, i start to like the person, even if its someone i didnt like before... it changes, yes!

Hmm.. no doubt the first reaction to someone making a negative comment about something you like may hurt but overall I don't mind at all. I don't really take things like that personally, I'm usually amused if someone slags off a musician that I like. I'm good at laughing about anything, I don't have that big a sense of devotion or of moral to really be upset *for* the person. I listen to too many artists and keep on getting too much new music as for me to stick with one or two musicians only. And as for the two or three musicians that mean something to me personally, I still wouldn't be too fussed if someone hated them. (Actually, since they're pretty underground I'd be surprised if people even KNEW them! Lol xD)

But I can see where you're coming from. if something means a lot to you, you want to defend it, it's only natural. I find that apart from people I've actually met, nobody else actually means that much to me. I'm not saying it's wrong for it to be different, all I'm saying is that I never found this to be the case with me! I guess it saves me a lot of anger and headaches! heh.

I feel like that the person is misinformed and I know that whatever I say wont change there mind so it doesn't bother me much I let it go over my head. I think its just from years of getting this and I used to hate the person and never speak to them again but now I have learned to tolerate this attitude and I know they are just being ignorant and it doesn't annoy me any more.

Last edited:
A week ago I was at this bar with my boyfriend. I played "Botdf", "gitm", then Billie Jean. Well, the owner/bartender didn't like it. So she shut off the jukebox. Alot of people yelled "hey!" She gave me my dollar back, and I didn't realize what she was doing. So I figured out she shut off BJ. I was like that was so rude. We left a couple of minutes later. I felt disrespected. So she just plays what she wants to hear without regard to her customers??? silly. When we left she was apologizing for not playing it, but said she couldnt play MJ. "He is talented and everything, but he's a freak." I just walked out. She wont get my business again if shes gonna turn off every song I play. Some people are so ignorant.

^^That is extremely rude!!

Its natural to defend what you love/ like.
What tend to change my opinion on people in a negative way, is if they tend to give me a bad feeling for what I like- because in a way, they are putting me down, and show that they don`t respect me.
It depends on their general attitude, realy. A good discussion is fine, but if I sense that people just use it to make themself feel better, not listen to what I have to say, and just are unpleasant to be around- well, then I back off, and thats that!
Its kind of unhealthy to keep in toutch with people who doesn`t realy care about how you feel.;)

Last edited:
Yes, when someone say that likes Michael, i start to like the person, even if its someone i didnt like before... it changes, yes!

Me too! Mostly because I can't wait to share info with them about MJ. Its like yeah someone to talk to about MJ, i also love finding out what they know sort of compare notes, see how they feel about certain songs, concerts etc. :yes:

If its negative it really depends on who the person is, what exactly they said, why? Are they interested in facts or not etc etc before I judge them

i just simply cuss them out and go on about my life lol.

:lol::lol::lol:Do you really!

A week ago I was at this bar with my boyfriend. I played "Botdf", "gitm", then Billie Jean. Well, the owner/bartender didn't like it. So she shut off the jukebox. Alot of people yelled "hey!" She gave me my dollar back, and I didn't realize what she was doing. So I figured out she shut off BJ. I was like that was so rude. We left a couple of minutes later. I felt disrespected. So she just plays what she wants to hear without regard to her customers??? silly. When we left she was apologizing for not playing it, but said she couldnt play MJ. "He is talented and everything, but he's a freak." I just walked out. She wont get my business again if shes gonna turn off every song I play. Some people are so ignorant.

I would toss my drink before leaving and make a mess for someone to clean up lol. Not specifically over MJ, but people making ass backward communist-like decisions like that is infuriating. Wow. Good to hear the other customers were put off by it too. What type of woman did she look like? .. Basically I'm asking if she was a middle aged redneck.

Last edited:
Some smartass from college, who i never speak to, thought he was being funny today on MSN, he said, "Are you a fan of Michael Jackson?", I said "Yeah..." they said "Why are you a fan of a pedo for?", I said, "**** off, next time u say that, I will hunt you down at college and rip you nut sacks off and make your cry in front of all your friends" ...he didn't reply.

Nomally, I just correct them, and blow every one of their misconceptions out, they usually don't know what they're talking about anyway, lol, so they're pretty quick to shut up. No-one really cares I'm a fan, but somehow everyone knows, even though I'm not one of those fans who goes around parading my love for MJ :lol: I think this is the first time I resorted to swearing at someone. I usually try not to react and take it personally, even though it does hurt when someone throws **** on your hero...

Last edited:
It's natural to protect someone whom you love, like a family member, all those years...

Yeah, that's how it is, like if I say something about my brother or sister (who most of the time, annoy the living daylights out of me), it's okay, but if anyone else, they better run for their life :lol:

im afraid it does, even if im best friend to Someone and he Diss Michael or says something which is not appropreate! im sorry but i dont feel the same way, i mean ill talk to them, but i dont talk to them as i used to, i talk to them just to talk to them, but i can never trust them.. i dont respect them any more,

if they dont respect Michael, i dont respect them...

Back