Which album(s) had the highest expectation?

Which album(s) had the highest expectation for it?

• Off The Wall

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Thriller

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 166 76.9%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 22 10.2%
  • HIStory

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • Blood On The Dance Floor

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Invincible

Votes: 51 23.6%

• Total voters
I think it would have to be Bad, like some members said following up to the greatest hit Thriller there must have been a great deal of expectation of it :)

I'd say Bad as well. Following the biggest selling album of all time must have been really difficult for Michael.

I have voted for Dangerous :)

Dangerous?! (LOL)
Seriously, every Michael Jackson album post-Thriller, is heavily hyped. Putting unrealistic and sometimes downright impossible expectations on Michael. Every single one of them (Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, Invincible) is considered his "comeback" album. Including the next one (if it ever comes out). But if I had to chose just one, I'd go with Bad.
I wouldn't wish the type of pressure MJ was under at that time on anyone.
I'm shocked he didn't suffer a brain aneurysm.

Hollaback.

the incident 2 the airport with dangerous says it all...dangerous clearly had the highest

I'm between Bad and Invincible but I'll go for Bad because of the same reasons as you guys have said... a very high expectation after Thriller. Michael was indeed a very brave man, having to deal with such pressure and then coming out so well.

I voted for Invincible. But now, My favorite song is [Blood On The Dance Floor].

この一ケ月、一日中、毎日聞いています。彼の全てが音楽だ!

Pretty much agree with the poll results so far:

1-BAD

After the huge historic success of "Thriller"... we just have too high expectations for Bad and that was not that good for the album at that moment though...

Then:

2-Invincible

After all "Invincible" had huge expectations too but for different reasons than Bad.

I would say Dangerous. After the giant public "break through" with Thriller with it's great songs and videos, and then the enormous success with all the number one singles from BAD and the knock out tour, the expectations for Dangerous was sky high.

I don't remember, had Thriller already broken the world record in sales by the time of the release of BAD?

Def BAd..because it had 2 follow thriller..but dangerous was HIGHLY anticipating(remember the story about the briefcases and some guy trying 2 steal the albums)..and wasnt it like a year or 2 late?

NO, I wanna hear that story!

Bad because it came after Thriller.

And Invincible because it was first album of 2000s by Michael and first album since HIStory (BOTDF doesn't count).

Bad, since it came right after the best selling album in history.

Naturally the album after Thriller would have had the highest expectation!

Invincible as this was his first studio album in 6 years and imo the album didn't disappoint although some people might say otherwise

It has to be bad, after all....it was the album after the mega Thriller.

I'm pretty sure it must have been Bad, followed by Dangerous.

I went with the crowd on this one as I do remember how I look forward to this album BAD. I had discovered Michael with "Thriller" and of course the next album was truly 'craved' for and I just played that record 24/7. It drove my folks crazy lol :pth:

Each album release had very high expectations however I feel like ‘Bad’ was the one that had the highest expectations since it was released after ‘Thriller’.

Bad. Michael was the biggest artist and most famous person in the world, who hadn't released an album in almost 5 years. Bad had the biggest expectation no doubt

I think it more than lived up to it myself

I feel like Bad had the highest expectation because it was right after Thriller which was a huge success and people wanted more!

Back