Who is planning to go to the funeral?

Re: The Funeral

I wanted to be there too. But I can not go to say goodbye to Michael. :( I think it will be unbearable to see you in a coffin. Any word on the funeral? I think they are deciding where they will be. If they opt for a private funeral for privacy is a right and we should respect them. But I will not be private, Michael is very loved by his millions of fans worldwide. It is impossible to be private!
http://translate.google.com/translate_s?hl=pt-BR&source=translation_link

I wish I could go, oh God. I'm in a totally effed up position and can't leave Germany right now. My residence permit expired the first week of June and we were told "6 weeks", so waited until late April to submit for a renewal and then they told us four months! So I can't leave the country now without a special permission paper that will allow re-entry, which I have an appointment with them for on the morning of July 14th ... when I would have received the paper to be able to go to the concerts in August and return home alright. F*ck. I'm insulin dependent and have other serious health issues, so I can't risk being denied re-entry, just for survival (health insurance). So I won't be there in Los Angeles in body, but certainly every other way. And once things are sorted over the summer we will go to L.A. I woke up this morning thinking of where he will be... be buried (f*ck), and I know I MUST go there. I have to. God, I am a total wreck today again, crying since the moment I woke up. I can't stand this. :cry:

P.S. I wasn't telling this because out of a need to explain an excuse. I can't think right now. Maybe I'm just too distraught to think clearly enough for anything? I think so. I keep misplacing things, forgettign what I'm doing, etc. I was just upset about the ridiculous reason I won't be going to America at this moment. I could say "why now, right at the only time I can't travel?", but .... why EVER?.... why EVER EVER EVER??? :cry:

Last edited:

I just saw on the news in Romania, they said it will be a private funeral and a public one who will take place on a stadium. Do you know something about this? Because I don't trust them!

I want to be there at the funeral, maybe it will sink in then. However I think that so may poeple will want to be there I would not even get close.

If I can't be there then I would like to visit his grave however I cannot see them burying Michael somewhere public

I heard they want to do it in private. And i think it's the best. Dunno what to think of a public one. It will be a mediacircus anyway but i'm like give the family and friends some space. I also have mixed feeling about going. At one point i want to go but on the other side i don't coz i don't want to be a part of the mediacircus around it. And i believe that Michael knows we love him even if we don't go to the funeral.

A funeral should be private, only for family and close ones. I hope they can get as much privacy as possilbe. I'm expecting a princess Di like tribute at some point though.

I'm hoping the funeral is private too. Especially for the kids to mourn without the scrutiny. I think that's the way it should be. I think they should have a memorial for the fans as well at some point though.

yeah i hope its private.maybe keep it quiet and no one knows it has happ. although i doubt they would beable to and a public service after. his whole life was one big circus i hope at last he will get some dignity right at the end.

I to hope it's private but with some sort of public service for the fans, and i DO NOT want to see michaels coffin oh no, no way that would be unbearable truly unbearable

The press has treated the death of Michael as a spectacle. I read somewhere that this will be the largest funeral in history of an artist. If public, it will be impossible to avoid the entry of photographic cameras. Why now all have camera phones. I do not want to see on the Internet photos of Michael in a coffin. I do not want to be as was the funeral of James Brown. The Jackson family decide that we respect, but I think I should be private. I think why the family is taking to decide how will be the funeral.​

if they decide to make a public funeral l wish and l hope that the coffin will be closed, Michael wouldn't want people to stare at him and talk about his looks :no:

im sure they wont allow that. the thought of the brothers carrying him in words cant describe. for my own sanity i hope its private and for mikes dignity.

It should be a PRIVATE funeral for family and close friends only. And maybe some memorial thingy for fans somewhere later.

God, I wish there was a way I could go. I want to be there so bad, but I just can't. It's killing me inside...

I think that was from Sky News but where did they get the news from? It can't be that soon!

I'm going to do all I can to go. This is not a great finacial time for us, but I'm going to really try. I really need to be apart of that. I need to say goodbye. It's gonna be hard, and quite honestly I may have a few drinks in me, and a flask in my pocket.

I know it sounds morbid, but I need to see his body (and not on tv). It will bring the reality to full circle. and will comfirm that he's gone.

Guys.... The actual FUNERAL will be private, no doubt. But there will probably be a MEMORIAL for the public to go to, which will not include his body in a casket or anything like that. If there is anything for the public to go to or watch on TV, it will be a tribute to his life and NOT like an actual funeral - they rarely do that and I can't imagine the Jackson family being okay with that, not to mention with thousands of people it would be nearly impossible.

I hope they do have a memorial, it will be good closure for fans.

Does anyone intend to go to London and congregate somewhere? I really want to be with all of you guys to mourn and show the world how much he was loved.

I tihnk the memorial service much like elvis's which had 75,000 who turned up could very well be held in Neverland Ranch as the family keep going back there to pack up and maybe to check things out.

i think mj really should be buried there, , he loved it so much and it was his world they way he wanted.

I think that was from Sky News but where did they get the news from? It can't be that soon!

hi broken hope your ok joe said this last night at BET.and if they dont have will yet as londell says then the cant really plan anything

Joe Jackson said the family was still discussing his son's funeral arrangements.

"We haven't gotten to that yet. But we're working on that," he said.

according to cnn al sharpton is meeting with the fam in a few hours to discuss arrangements and may put a statement out after that about the plans

yeah i hope its private.maybe keep it quiet and no one knows it has happ. although i doubt they would beable to and a public service after. his whole life was one big circus i hope at last he will get some dignity right at the end.

I really want the funeral private
cause Michael is such a huge superstar
if it's public i can imagine how huge or chaos it would be
and i don't want his three chilrdren to get through that in such a grieved time

Michale and his family always think about the fans and others
if the Jackson family decides a public ceremony, they must do it for the fans and friends
but, this time i just want them to think about themselves
to think about what's the best for Michael and his children
let their children can mourn their father freely with no concern

Back