Who is planning to go to the funeral?

Re: The Funeral

joe did say it will be public

seriously?? Oh God...

i'm scared for the family and sort of glad that fans will be able to pay respects too. I just want the family to have closure and time before the public.

I feel that it should be private for the family and it would be nice for michael's sake to not have cameras envolved,he put up with enough of those in his life!!

Does anyone know anything about the funeral?
Any source?

joes prob thinking of the the $ can make out of it hopefully its all in the will

I'm sure the family has very good reasons for choosing to make it a public funeral.
Michael belonged to the world...

Even if they tried to have a private funeral...i reckon it wouldnt be all that private.
The press dont care, belive me they would find a way of finding where the private funeral would be held and harras them

Joe said it wouldn't be ENTIRELY closed to the public. But it's also clear no concrete plans have been made. He might just mean there will also be something for the public, alongside the private ceremony.

Joe said it wouldn't be ENTIRELY closed to the public. But it's also clear no concrete plans have been made. He might just mean there will also be something for the public, alongside the private ceremony.
That's how I took his comments as well. That there will be something private, but it won't entirely be. So I'm guessing maybe something for the family and then more, for everyone.

I know people might hate me for this but I kinda hope it's public. I mean sooooooooo many people loved and adored Michael. He was so many peoples LIVES... I think it would only seem fair that we all got a chance to be there and show our respects as well... even if it meant cutting off and securing a section for the public... so they could see from a distance .... a section at the front where all the family can have their privacy and then everyone else sectioned off at the back so the public aren't too much in the way....maybe some screens as well....I just think it would be nice as there are so many of us who dedicated our lives to loving and supporting him....is it so bad we just want to say goodbye?

I do not like the idea of public funeral and I do not agree. Michael always tried to have both privacy and not at that time he will. Poor Michael. To say goodbye to Michael nobody needs to see you in a coffin. Would be unbearable for me and it is impossible to imagine. But it seems to be "the greatest spectacle in the world and the biggest funeral ever." I imagine thousands of pictures of Michael in the coffin on the Internet and all the people taking pictures as a great monument. The press will love. I really do not want to see it. Michael will always be in our lives and in our hearts. I think we should keep in mind what good that they gave in to his art.
http://translate.google.com/translate_s?hl=pt-BR&source=translation_link

from miko brandos blog:

"The family is still planning the funeral, but I think Michael would want it to be a celebration. He would want everybody there. He loved his fans. I’ve been around plenty of big movie stars, but Michael’s fans are beyond fans. He knew the fans were what made him, and he wouldn’t want to leave anyone out. Everywhere he went, fans would be there. He’d tell me the fans always knew what he was doing. I don’t think anyone has ever had fans like that. So Michael would want a funeral that included his fans and made them happy. He would want it to say: “I’m still with you and we’ll always be together.” He was happy, and he wanted to make everybody around him happy. Finally, he would want love. Above all, Michael was about love."

Don't even want to think about this. The longer they put off the burial, the better for me because I think when I see images of MJ's coffin I will completely lose it. I know he's dead, but a funeral is so final. I am from NY, but If I had the oppurtunity and can work something out, I would like to go to California to pay my final respects, but gosh, thinking of Michael in a casket is too much for me. I cannot deal with that at all.

I so totally agree with you I dont think I could bare to see that. but I did hear a couple of days ago they will probably televise it . not easy to see either but being there in person would be so much worse for me.

I would like for the famaly to have a private funeral but also a public one for the fans, they know that Michael was a part of us and we were a part of him :cry:

from miko brandos blog:

"The family is still planning the funeral, but I think Michael would want it to be a celebration. He would want everybody there. He loved his fans. I’ve been around plenty of big movie stars, but Michael’s fans are beyond fans. He knew the fans were what made him, and he wouldn’t want to leave anyone out. Everywhere he went, fans would be there. He’d tell me the fans always knew what he was doing. I don’t think anyone has ever had fans like that. So Michael would want a funeral that included his fans and made them happy. He would want it to say: “I’m still with you and we’ll always be together.” He was happy, and he wanted to make everybody around him happy. Finally, he would want love. Above all, Michael was about love."

Exactly.

My son and I dropped off flowers and stuffed animals earlier today. The press is there waiting,..what for, I don't know.

The press is waiting everywhere, for anything. It's disgusting.

The other option is that they hold the funeral itself in the next few days, don’t tell the public until it is done, and then hold public memorials.

I think so. Like he wanted everything big. Especially when it's about honouring his life. You know.. I sense he enjoyed him dominating the world news.

from miko brandos blog:

Well, you got me thinking MJsJelly and Miko Brando's blog... Yeah, it can be...

I just can't get my mind around watching his funeral
I used to think about it...what will it be like when he will die? and then I would snap out of it quick I was so happy he's ok...this is my worst nightmare come true

I think there will be alot of people flying out from around the world to be there.

I know it will be so hard to watch... I still am in shock

I wish I could afford to go... I'm so sad cause being one of those fans that loves him like family, I feel I have to be there to say good-bye and its killing me that I just can't. :(

I wish I could afford to go... I'm so sad cause being one of those fans that loves him like family, I feel I have to be there to say good-bye and its killing me that I just can't. :(
Same here! I hate this world, this life.... Even it would be the last thing I would do in this world, I want to be there. Not for "good bye"... but for "see you soon".

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

It's also killing me that I can't be there! I don't think I will be able to watch it on TV.
How can I bear not being there saying good-bye and instead be one of the millions that watch it on TV (many of them just for the spectacle).
It's a horrible thought and I can't bear it! :'(
I want to be there....

I just heard at the radio news here in The Netherlands that the Jackson family plans the funeral after the results from the second autopsy are known. It was said only a small amount of fans is welcome and that Michael would not be buried at Neverland.

Does anybody have a source about this? Or any updates?

I read that the funeral is going to be the most watched event in television history and that crowds could rival Princess Diana's funeral (255,000 at Lady Diana's). There would also be gatherings all over the world at the same time.

I'm dreading it...I don't know how I will cope through it. What's more, don't think I'm gonna be able to go to LA. It seemed a tiny bit more bearable to me if I could be there, but no, I'll have to sit alone and watch. Probably one of the worst couple of hours of my life.

Back