why do ppl say INVINCIBLE was a low point in micheal's career??

I think Invincible is an awesome albums. WELL AHEAD OF IT'S TIME. And in some ways STILL well ahead of our time.

We have to remember people think it was a flop because it didn't sell as many as what Michael usually sells. However, it sold more than any recording artist can even possibly reach!

Last years highest selling album was Coldplay that hit 5 million or so. Invincible has sold around 10-14million now. Simply amazing. Vocals outstanding. New beats we'd never heard, a mix of song topics, unlike artists today. Artists today really only sing around the topic of Love (heartbroken etc etc etc.)

MICHAEL'S MUSIC SENDS MESSAGES PEOPLE!

Well, I think Invincible was a perfect album................ Just like the rest of his albums. It's my favourite album, just like the other albums.

Personally Invincible compares to the other albums took some time to get used to. It took me few years to get used to it in a whole. I'm not sure why.

Another thing that makes Invincible somber was the fact it was not 'equipped' with proper promotion and obviously, countless of short films like his previous albums. Thus it took away a bit of the enthusiasm of the album.

But if I may say it, I have a new appreciation towards Speechless now. Speechless was one of the songs that I constantly skipped but not anymore. I finally realize that Speechless is like a personal message from Mike to each one of us.

It's a quality album with multiple gems inside but how unfortunate those gems are not being given the chance to become singles. I really thought that Butterflies and Break of Dawn have good potential to be nominated for Song of the Year in Grammy. Oh, and also vocal department.

i have always liked it - played it like 10times when i ran and brought the cd and its amazing makes u dance and towards the end makes you cry, beautifull just was at a bad time in the industery where downloading was going on and he didnt have music vids to get people to listen to the album, who ever says that album was his low point i always ask them if they have heard it and 9/10 they will say no or 1 or 2 songs tut tut

Invincible is just amazing. Michael's voice is so pure and clear on it. I adore it. I totally agree with you guys that Invincible is way ahead of its time. And it's so true Sony sabotaged it. But Michael's work is just phenomenal . I used to listen to it (all of the songs) every night just before bed and cry so much because the beauty of all the songs touched me so deeply. Like speechless or you are my life, oh god, they're so beautiful.

MJ is everywhere in Invincible. I really don't get you guys who wished some songs were taken off. That would be a crime for me. They are all outstanding.

I don't have words for Michael's songs. I mean no existing word could explain the way I feel when I listen to one of his songs. Michael is incredible.

i'll be honest i loved all his albums but didnt really take to invincible when it came out then i went on hols and seen a mj tribute and he did whatever happens and i fell in love. I went home and listened to it again and now i love it like the others x

I think that Michael only did this album because he owed it to Sony, this is why is not that good, and Michael knew from the start there would not be promotion, this is why this album is like that. But I agree, that, the lack of videos and may be tour, at least videos, what basically was missing. But the thing with Invincible that it was not quite(sp?) a good comeback. What Michael did now, was a comeback, what he did than, was not.

i think thats what it was. the media didnt grab into it as much as the others.. and most fans are sheeps that only go where the media leads them

so even though the album was good and if it was picked up ppl would enjoy it the ppl didnt pick it up because they werent told to go pick it..

sad really ...............thats what pisses me off about these "all of a sudden fans" now that mike is dead.

like 'where the hell where u a week ago??...all of a sudden you're now mike aficionados?"

bet they're the ones that are gonna fill the staples center on tuesday and then come wednesday when the media stops talkn about mike as much they all of a sudden stop being fans again

I HATE THEM!!

completly agree, i personnaly love invincible

i mean i heard toure and others on these various documentaries say it.

i mean i can see how sales wize it could be considered a low point but musically is that album really a low point??

that album was really good..if anything the low point creatively in mike's career is blood on the dancefloor maybe....

but invincible had solid production and the songs where dope.

is it because it wasnt filled with "moonwalker" type songs or something?

anyway thats an album ill like to see go back to the charts like the others..

Because they're stupid, why else? :yes:

invincible, unbreakable, 2000 watts, threatened, and privacy are all excellent songs. You rock my world is an okay song with an awesome video. That is a lot of good songs for being on one album.

I think that Michael only did this album because he owed it to Sony, this is why is not that good, and Michael knew from the start there would not be promotion, this is why this album is like that. But I agree, that, the lack of videos and may be tour, at least videos, what basically was missing. But the thing with Invincible that it was not quite(sp?) a good comeback. What Michael did now, was a comeback, what he did than, was not.

mJ put a lot of work into invincible. it cost 30 million to make. He doesn't just put out crap.

If fans were sheep about what the media said, then Michael would have no fans, since the media has said some awful things about Michael for years.

As for ''all of a sudden fans'' and speculating about their whereabouts a few weeks ago, one could wonder the same thing about the large number of fans here w/ June and July 09 registration dates including yourself. I don't see the point in questioning someone's 'fandom'; hey if someone wants to start liking Michael because they liked the MTV video marathon, great. The more fans the better. You do realize that is how a legacy continues as older generations of fans die.

Maybe some fans just didn't love the album. To me anyway a few of the tracks sounded generic/mediocre (unbreakable, Invincible, Break of Dawn, YRMW, butterflies), some I just plain didn't like (all the lost children, whatever happens, 2000 watts), and some I like a lot (Cry, Privacy, Threatened, Speechless). I don't hate the album and actually like listening to it, but among his albums I would agree w/ calling it his weakest. As for HIStory in the mix, it's just that, a remix album w/ five new tracks, so I'd hardly compare that effort to an album of all new material.

I'm probably a sheep w/ buying any new material that comes out, but that doesn't dictate what emotions the music will evoke when I hit play. Sorry if that offends.

i myself only joined in july but i was a member for ages on mjnewsonline and have been a fan of mjs since my earliest memories
just because some1 doesnt join a forum doesnt mean they dont care and are not proper fans

People say that because they're full of shit. That is an incredible album. ¬¬

Invincible may do well years later,who knows?

just because some1 doesnt join a forum doesnt mean they dont care and are not proper fans
Well said. People can express their love for Michael in different ways. Joining a fan forum is just one of those ways. I've been a huge fan of Michael my whole life. The instant news of his death was reported my friends and family called and messaged me because they knew how much he meant to me. I joined the forum recently, not because my interest in Michael is recent, but because the emotions and frustrations caused by Michael's death overwhelmed me. I needed an outlet to grieve, and I wanted to do so with other people who loved Michael and would be respectful of his memory.

invincible, unbreakable, 2000 watts, threatened, and privacy are all excellent songs. You rock my world is an okay song with an awesome video. That is a lot of good songs for being on one album.

Rock my world just okay? Daaaaaaaamn.

Well said. People can express their love for Michael in different ways. Joining a fan forum is just one of those ways. I've been a huge fan of Michael my whole life. The instant news of his death was reported my friends and family called and messaged me because they knew how much he meant to me. I joined the forum recently, not because my interest in Michael is recent, but because the emotions and frustrations caused by Michael's death overwhelmed me. I needed an outlet to grieve, and I wanted to do so with other people who loved Michael and would be respectful of his memory.

Same here and people should respect us because we're just as fans as everybody else.

I think that Invicible is an album that needs to grow on you. I didn't like it when i first heard it but the more i listen to it the more i like it

Songs i love

Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Speechless
The Lost Children
You Rock My World
2000 Watts
Threatend
Whatever Happens

The only songs i dislike are You Are My Life, Privacy and Butterflies

too many songs... the album was too long and then boring.
12-13 songs is the max for a good strong album.
then good videos... the two videos weren't good at all.
Then he needed to have promotion, he didn't, then he needed to fired alla the producers and write stuff by himself instead.
That's why. But there are good songs anyway, but not famous...
since dangerous his work quality decreased. There are good tracks really, but the albums are too weak. That's why they said it was a low point. From Michael Jackson everyone expected the best, and saw the long time he used to take for making an album, people at least expected it to be really good.
Now we have no future, to hear if he got creativity back.

I think if 4 or 5 of the songs were left off (Privacy in particular), it would be better, but still not as good as the previous albums overall. The album doesn't flow like the pre History albums. I don't know why a lot of people seem to dislike "Whatever Happens" though. I think it's the best song on the album. It should have been the single. I didn't like the "You Rock My World" video either. It's like the worst video he's ever made, but the song is alright. The only part I like is when the girl is dancing with the hat on. I'm not a fan of Rodney Jerkins either, and he was outdated before the album was released, lol. Hearing Mike say "Darkchild" was odd to me. Rodney is generic.

Too many songs on an album, especially Michael is a dream, why is that negative?

People say Invincible is a low because according to the media nothing after Thriller exsists except for 2 songs on Bad on occasion.

I disagree with the comments that it was 'too long'. In this day and age an album can't be too long. We have the technology to programme the songs we like, skips songs etc. Its not like we have casette tapes anymore, which we have to rewind/fastforward.
I think Michael knew that. The great thing about Invincible is that there is such a variety of songs that any one person is bound to like something from it.
I believe michael's plan was to release lots and lots of singles from it and hope that any person would want to buy the album. For example, a young kid could like Unbreakable/2000 watts etc, but an middle-aged adult could love Butterflies/You are my life/Whatever happends etc.
I don't agree that it is too long. I agree that some songs could have been left out cause they arent as strong as he could do BUT I appreciate that I have a more songs to choice from and in the end, you end up really liking 5-10 songs, which is a lot more than other singer's albums (normally only 2 good songs and the rest is filler).

music is subjective everybody has their own taste and opinion, the majority of people just didn't like most the music on the CD, sure one or two more videos would have increased sales a little bit but that wouldn't change the quality of the songs, and i would still think its just a mediocre album.

MJ had all the publicity and exposure any artist could ever dream of at the time i remember seeing him on almost every channel, MTV and BET and some other channels played his videos all day tell they debuted his new video, i remember it very clearly, even cnn was talking about MJ releasing a new album EVERYBODY knew.

i was disappointed with the first single and felt very underwhelmed that day but most people enjoyed it, so i didn't care to much and was happy for michael. thinking that ill probably like the album but no matter how many chances i gave it i just never liked it and never felt like it was a MJ album the quality just wasn't there.

i wish one day somebody makes a remix album of invincible specially the first 3 songs cus they are great vocally but the beats are just terrible, i wonder how they would sound with good beats.

I absolutely LOVE invincible album. I honestly like all the songs on there, especially Whatever happens, Butterfies, Break of dawn, Heartbreaker :) ...and most of all Don't Walk Away :(

I didn't like the "You Rock My World" video either. It's like the worst video he's ever made, but the song is alright.

I like the song and the video. The only thing I didn't like was the girl. She was pretty, but would it have killed her to show a little emotion? She is the only woman I don't like out of all Michael's short films.

Wow. I think this thread further proves what a genius Michael was to be able to satisfy so many different tastes in music.

I absolutely love Speechless. I think it is one of the most beautiful songs. Speechless, You Rock My World, 2000 Watts, Break of Dawn, and Heaven Can Wait are my favorites from that album. I like Butterflies and Whatever Happens, but they start to feel repetitive after a while, something Michael's songs don't usually do for me. The first three songs on the album I find to be quite generic, causing my friend and I at the time the album came out to speculate that Michael was trying to fit in with the current landscape of music. My only real problem with the album, though, is the lack of upbeat, dance songs. I can put any of Michael's other albums on and jam, but I cannot do that with Invincible.

Someone mentioned anger in relation to Invincible. I found that interesting. I listened to the whole Invincible album for the first time in a long time the other day and I was surprised at how not angry it was coming after HIStory v. 2 and Blood on the Dance Floor. The songs on Invincible are so full of love and joy that I cannot listen to it without thinking about how he rose above the things that made him angry prior to Invincible and how much he must have been inspired by his children for Invincible. It's like an ode to his children. It feels like he was high on love when he wrote the songs, especially Speechless. :)

You're right. I've read several posts, and I haven't really agreed with any of them, concerning the best songs on the album. I love Butterflies, Whatever happens, YRMW, Don't walk away and Speechless. I did not care much for Heartbreaker, Unbreakable, 2000 Watts. Threatened grew on me, and I like it now, and the Lost Children and Cry are pretty good. The thing is, it was a really long CD, and maybe it would have been better to make it shorter. However, it wasn't really a flop. They are now admitting that it would be great by anyone else's standards, but compared to Thriller...
I don't see why they are stuck on Thriller anyway because I loved so many of his songs after that.

Invincible is an amazing album in my own opinion. I believe it is underrated and I believe the negative comments made by music journalists already had a negative opinion on the album before they ever heard the first track of the album. They just dogged the album just because it was Michael Jackson, the man with all the controversy and scandals. They knew Michael had what it takes and they had to do whatever they had to do to help make sure MJ didn't succeed. Of course, Sony didn't help matters either. I loved the album from the very first listen. It's eclectic. I was very excited about this album and MJ sure didn't let this fan down. I think people will appreciate it more years to come. It is one of my top 3 favorite MJ albums with Off The Wall and Dangerous.

Back