Will there be a law suit from Sir Paul McCartney about TGIM?

Excuse me for getting so vocal above... but the idea of Paul causing a commotion angers me. Especially seeing that so many of us are finding such a scenario along McCartney's style of retaliating with his forever crying ass! Grrrrrrrrr :ranting:

The fool ain't really been talking ish about why it was "foul" for Mike to do what he did with the Beatles' Northern Songs publishing in a good minute. The dude got a billion dollars. Plus I don't even think he's even too concerned. He's probably like "hey, it's that bloke's song, I'm just glad that I contributed to the original". I'm sure he wouldn't be too concerned and if he was, throw a brick at him and keep it moving. :D

Last edited:
I honestly think that Macca has got enough probs of his own to be even thinking of legal s*** with anyone let alone MJ.

I think the media are purposely reporting it the way they are in order to push Paul into saying or doing something regarding this. They're just trying to instigate another fight between him and Michael IMO.

Last edited:
here's a rejoinder that may disprove any possible lawsuit from McCartney:

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=3741

Jackson and McCartney Will Continue To Thrill

by Paul Cashmere - December 31 2007

Reports that Michael Jackson has dumped Paul McCartney's voice from his 2008 25th anniversary reissue are clearly wrong.

Yesterday, a tabloid reporter in the USA reported that Michael Jackson had stripped Paul McCartney's vocals for 'The Girl Is Mine' on the forthcoming 'Thriller' reissue and replaced Sir Paul with will.i.am.

That is simply not true.

Yes, will.i.am has recorded new vocals for a remix of 'The Girl Is Mine' minus McCartney but the original version is still going to be on the anniversary album.
Sony's official site for the reissue, michaeljackson.com is also streaming the Jackson/McCartney original and clearly states McCartney's name on the tracklisting as 'The Girl Is Mine' (with Paul McCartney).

The tabloid journalist fabricated this "new" McCartney/Jackson feud, roger that!
McCartney certainly doesn't have any musical issues with Jackson. He has included the video for 'Say Say Say', the other Jackson/McCartney duet, on his 'The McCartney Years' DVD.
The 25th Anniversary edition of 'Thriller' will be released in February through Sony-BMG.

In related news Jackson is scheduled to appear on the next Usher album. The unnamed song will also feature T-Pain.
Usher has written the track but is yet to enter the studio to put it down.
He expects to release the song as a single in the first half of 2008.

The highlighted portion shld be a matter of interest...

Last edited:
that only goes to show how he is regarded by his fellow entertainment writers. and "roger that" wont be too happy,baby!:lol:

Aren't there enough suites to begin with? Why speculate on another one? I'm sure Sir Paul is busy enough with other matters. Let's focus on the music in 2008 ;-)

here's a rejoinder that may disprove any possible lawsuit from McCartney:

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=3741

Jackson and McCartney Will Continue To Thrill

by Paul Cashmere - December 31 2007

it just shows that certain media idiots.. proll the mj fan boards for ideas (the update about the TGIM single mentioned Paul not being on the remix..so the idiot ran with it).. and don't know HOW to research anything...

Last edited:
Aren't there enough suites to begin with? Why speculate on another one? I'm sure Sir Paul is busy enough with other matters. Let's focus on the music in 2008 ;-)

It'll be hard to, people love drama. They should listen to Mary J. Blige's song or buy the "No More Drama" ALBUM. :lol:

I didn't read all of the posts...but here are my two cents.

I don't think how Paul McCartney could sue Michael because it's not a song he has WRITTEN, it's a song where he was merely a part of a duet. And if his vocals aren't used on the new version, he has nothing to sue about because none of his "work" was used. MJ wrote the song, he owns the rights to it, so he can do whatever he wants with it. Make it a duet with the Chipmunks if he wants to. And Paul will have no say. Paul will continue to get royalties when ever the original TGIM will be played because he is singing on it. But as far as the song goes....MJ's rights, MJ's business. ^_^

Last edited:
I haven't read the entire thread.

But the answer is: No! There's no reason for Paul suing MJ.

will.i.am used the original version of the song (which by the way was leaked online years ago) which is completely sung by MJ only.

MJ wrote the song "The Girl Is Mine" on his own and recorded it solo, too. Paul McCartney didn't participate until MJ recorded it with him as a duet (and changed lyrics).

The original demo that proves that Paul McCartney WAS NOT REMOVED BUT NEVER PRESENT on the original demo version is on the CD Single "The Girl Is Mine 2008" which will be available on January 28th, 2008.

Some journalists just didn't get that. They haven't known and even considered that there would be several versions / cuts / takes of the song WITHOUT Paul.

So whenever the media will report that Paul's lyrics would have been removed from the will.i.am-Remix, then THIS IS WRONG!

That's also why some people thought that MJ would have re-recorded it (as some media agencies are currently reporting although it's not true).
Lyrics in the will.i.am-Remix that we haven't known yet are ALL taken by original demo cuts / takes / versions.

Korgnex ;)

Last edited:
Back