World cup 2010 discussion. [merged]

Re: World cup 2010 discussion.

Bullshit.

Brazil lost because did not take the best players.

Where is Ronaldinho?

Where is Roberto Carlos?

Where is Neymar? - amazing player from "Santos FC".

Where is Ganço (Goose)? - amazing player from "Santos FC".

Where is Adriano?

The worst part: Kaka is injured. He played with pain.

Every Brazilian knew that Brazil would not win.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree of you.

In the 2006 World Cup Brazil had the presence of big names Brazilian football like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Kaká, Adriano etc
Theoretically we had the best players but that wasn't enough to win the Cup in 2006. Italy was the winner. So, names or status or fame don't mean anything in a game.

Oh and Adriano said in an interview that he would rethink his career so would stop playing indefinitely.

Dunga wasn't going to put unprepared players in the team for sure the others were not invited because they didn't meet the requirements. Well I'm not a coach so I can't speak of things that technically don't have the necessary knowledge.

In my opinion Dunga did a good job. No need to win to prove it.

Why is it bullshit? Brazil was one of the best teams in 90s and early 00s, but in last years they never qualifed to half final. There are many teams way better than Brazil and yet half of the world still consider Brazil as number 1.
Ronaldinho might be one of the best players, but he is very egoistic and I'm not surprised he wasn't choosed.
I don't beleive Brazil would play much better with other players, this is not the only important thing... Look at the Real Madrid and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Ps: Paraguay played with 6 non standard players against Spain and they played just as well as Spain. Does Paraguay have more good players than Brazil?
In either way, it is nice to see teams like Brazil and Argentina going home. I dislike it when big teams win, and Brazil won final many times, more than enough. :) The best final would be Uruguay - Germany.

The worst final would be Netherland - Spain - it would not be a football, it would be a chess. :)

Do you know Neymar?

Do you know Goose?

Do you know Hernandes?

Of course not. You do not know what to say.

Brazil lost in 2006 because they did not play seriously. The players were harshly criticized for thinking only in celebration.

Brazil has won two MAJOR competitions since then (the Confederations Cup and America Cup) - but of course you knew that.

The team also took first -- classification for the World Cup.

The problem: in World Cup the best players were ignored. The reason: the coach did not want stars in his group. He didn't want to repeat the failure of 2006.

Never underestimate Brazil. Your team may be the next victim of the "seleção".

Last edited:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree of you.

In the 2006 World Cup Brazil had the presence of big names Brazilian football like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Kaká, Adriano etc
Theoretically we had the best players but that wasn't enough to win the Cup in 2006. Italy was the winner. So, names or status or fame don't mean anything in a game.

Read what I wrote.

Oh and Adriano said in an interview that he would rethink his career so would stop playing indefinitely.

Dunga wasn't going to put unprepared players in the team for sure the others were not invited because they didn't meet the requirements. Well I'm not a coach so I can't speak of things that technically don't have the necessary knowledge.

In my opinion Dunga did a good job. No need to win to prove it.

Adriano is having personal problems but continued to play very well. He did not say he would rethink his career. He is coming back to italy. He will play in Rome.

And if you really think Dunga did a good job I have to agree: you know nothing about football.

Last edited:
Re: Who do you want to win the world cup?

The Netherlands or Germany. :)
:yes:

I hope they're in the final so I wouldn't need to pass out of nervousness on who wins (since they're both my favourite teams).

Do you know Neymar?

Do you know Goose?

Do you know Hernandes?

Of course not. You do not know what to say.

Brazil lost in 2006 because they did not play seriously. The players were harshly criticized for thinking only in celebration.

Brazil has won two MAJOR competitions since then (the Confederations Cup and America Cup) - but of course you knew that.

The team also took first -- classification for the World Cup.

The problem: in World Cup the best players were ignored. The reason: the coach did not want stars in his group. He didn't want to repeat the failure of 2006.

Never underestimate Brazil. Your team may be the next victim of the "seleção".

I do know Goose and Hernandes, but i do not know the other guy.
As far as those competitions are concerned, you can't compare them with world cup... It's like comparing euro cup with world cup. Brazil does not have what it takes to win World Cup.
I never said Brazil was bad, to be honest. IMO it is a good team, but far away from the best. Brazil was dominanating in 90s and early 00s when they won many world cups, but right now, they don't stand a chance.
Ps: I dont beleive that Brazil did not played seriously on World cup 2006. That would be very amateur and i don't beleive that Brazil players would be so stupid to not play seriously on the World Cup.

I do know Goose and Hernandes, but i do not know the other guy.
As far as those competitions are concerned, you can't compare them with world cup... It's like comparing euro cup with world cup. Brazil does not have what it takes to win World Cup.
I never said Brazil was bad, to be honest. IMO it is a good team, but far away from the best. Brazil was dominanating in 90s and early 00s when they won many world cups, but right now, they don't stand a chance.
Ps: I dont beleive that Brazil did not played seriously on World cup 2006. That would be very amateur and i don't beleive that Brazil players would be so stupid to not play seriously on the World Cup.

I have not compared the competitions with the World Cup. I just said that competitions are very important. It is a fact.

But actually, though not so hard, the Confederations Cup is much like the World Cup and is also difficult.

If Brazil is not the best, who's the best?

Italy?

France?

rssrsr

Those were the last winners of the competition.

What you say is not logical.

PS: Yes, they - the players - were stupid. Ronaldo was too fat. The players gave more interviews than trained - the Brazilians saw them live on TV ALL the time. They thought they had won before playing. Obviously there are some exceptions. But most players were stupid.

Bullshit.

Brazil lost because did not take the best players.

Where is Ronaldinho?

Where is Roberto Carlos?

Where is Neymar? - amazing player from "Santos FC".

Where is Ganço (Goose)? - amazing player from "Santos FC".

Where is Adriano?

The worst part: Kaka is injured. He played with pain.

Every Brazilian knew that Brazil would not win.

100% :agree:

Kaka was the biggest error, no doubt. He played very bad, why was not fully recovered from its lesion. And unfortunately I must say, I saw a Brazilian football very poor. :puke: I always doubted that Brazil would win. :ph34r:

But in 2014 Brazil will take the cup.. :coffee: :lol:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :scratch:I do not know. :lol: Will depend on who is the coach and the players who will be chosen. :thinking:

Read what I wrote.

That's what I did. :closedeyes:

Adriano is having personal problems but continued to play very well. He did not say he would rethink his career. He is coming back to italy. He will play in Rome.

Yeah I know. Anyway Adriano is no longer the same and you should know that.

And if you really think Dunga did a good job I have to agree: you know nothing about football.

Guy, this is my point of view, you don't need to agree but to respect and I'm not here to see who knows more about football, we are debating, okay?
Originally Posted by Lully

Last edited:
BTW guys did you notice that Paul the octopus predicted right (again!) Germany's win over Argentina :D I wonder what he predicts for the match against Spain (not that I believe it or anything.. :lol:)

Yeah I know. Anyway Adriano is no longer the same and you should know that.

Adriano is still a good football player. Rome would not have signed if he was not good.

Guy, this is my point of view, you don't need to agree but to respect and I'm not here to see who knows more about football, we are debating, okay?

You said you did not have much knowledge on the subject.

Last edited:
BTW guys did you notice that Paul the octopus predicted right (again!) Germany's win over Argentina :D I wonder what he predicts for the match against Spain (not that I believe it or anything.. :lol:)

I love that octopus.

LOL.

100% :agree:

Kaka was the biggest error, no doubt. He played very bad, why was not fully recovered from its lesion. And unfortunately I must say, I saw a Brazilian football very poor. :puke: I always doubted that Brazil would win. :ph34r:

Me too.. :unsure:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :scratch:I do not know. :lol: Will depend on who is the coach and the players who will be chosen. :thinking:
LOL! Just watch! :shifty: :lol: ;D

Can't wait to see the game tonight! :clapping:

:bugeyed

German 'psychic' octopus predicts victory for Spain

Page last updated at 11:37 GMT, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 12:37 UK

A "psychic" octopus in Germany, which appears to have correctly predicted every World Cup game involving the national team so far, has picked Spain over Germany in the semi-final.

Paul, from the Sea Life Aquarium in the western city of Oberhausen, chose a mussel from a jar with the Spanish flag instead of one with a German flag.
The two-year-old cephalopod has become a national celebrity.
According to his owners, he has a record of predicting German results.
They say Paul chose the winner in nearly 70% of Germany's games during the 2008 European Championship.
He correctly predicted all five of the team's previous World Cup games - including a shock defeat by Serbia in the group stages.
His prognosis ahead of Wednesday's World Cup semi-final was broadcast live on German TV.
Correspondents says Paul's plumping for Spain has caused alarm in the country, but some analysts point out that his predictive powers are not perfect.
During Euro 2008 he wrongly picked Germany as the victor against Spain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10521867.stm

People go crazy here.. crazy people at the pub and in centre..and people use thier car horns to much while driving through the streets.

Yayyyyyy:

126006636-1da20b90169df512712e83bb7bab2f40.4c339950-scaled.jpg

My brother has that orange overall too :D

Woo, I can't believe we're in the finals, for the first time since 1978 :wild: Now we have to face Spain/Germany, both will be tough but I'm hoping for Germany due to historical value ;)

For the Dutch around here (I know there are a lot of them :D): did you guys see that after-game interview with Sneijder, De Jong and Van der Vaart? It was too funny :lol: Wesley Sneijder sat on Van Gelder's (the presenter) lap and after a while he was like "wait a sec, I feel something stinging" and Van Gelder was like "well hey, I haven't seen my wife in 4 weeks" :lol: And then Van der Vaart was like "someone get Wes a kiddie chair" (he's extremely short, we often call him a "midget" in Holland lol) :D

This tournment have been poor and I don't care who wins. This must be the worst world cup ever!!!

Paul the Octopus predicts Spain to win.

Back