#1 in Music > R&B
#5 in Music > Pop

France Amazon
Classement des meilleures ventes d'Amazon: 1 en Musique Same
n°1 dans Musique > R&B, Soul & Funk
n°1 dans Musique > Pop

Germany Amazon
Amazon Bestseller-Rang: Nr. 2 in Musik
http://www.amazon.de/Xscape-Deluxe-Edition-Michael-Jackson/dp/B00JF30OTA/ref=zg_bsnr_music_2
Was there some sort of glitch earlier when it went down?
Nr. 1 in Musik > Limited Edition
Nr. 1 in Musik > Pop

Amazon Italy
Posizione nella classifica Bestseller di Amazon: n. 5 in Musica Up 2
n.5 in Musica > Pop

Amazon Mexico
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2 in Music
#1 in Music > R&B
#2 in Music > Pop

iTunes

XSCAPE

#1 Azerbaijan
#1 Belgium
#1 Brunei Darussalam
#1 Bulgaria
#1 Cyprus
#1 Estonia
#1 Ghana
#1 Greece
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Macau
#1 Malaysia
#1 Mauritius
#1 Mozambique
#1 Namibia
#1 Nigeria
#1 Norway
#1 Philippines
#1 Singapore
#1 Slovenia
#1 Spain
#1 Sri Lanka
#1 Taiwan
#1 Thailand
#1 Uzbekistan
#1 Vietnam

Some others:

#2 Netherlands (+#8)
#2 United Kingdom (+#30)
#2 France (+#2 1)
#2 Germany (+#47)

#13 United States

They weren't prepared that Deluxe would outsell normal version:no:
Yesterday I went hunting for Deluxe version and it was sold out in many places but they had normal version available in every music shop. People working on those shops said that they only got few of Deluxes, and of course they were sold out. I got the last one they had on the shop on display, huh:candy:

Hopefully those shops will order more, as I really felt like I'm going to start giving out to their stupidity:D

@Seany, were did you find out that?

I knew Xscape would do well in the UK it went #2 in just one hour after it's release this morning. It's probably closing in on #1 now

In USA and UK it seems it will be fight with the Black Keys, in the USA they are in lead both i-tunes and Amazon for Michael, in the UK they are in lead i-tunes, and Michael on Amazon.

Maybe Michael will get the Number 2 in USA, UK, Germany.

Even if the best we can hope for, in the UK and US, is #2 or #3, that will still be excellent. Especially as it looks like we might have stronger singles and a longer chart run, when compared to recent (post 2009) MJ albums.

Xscape hit #1 on the New Zealand iTunes about an hour ago:

2DlS48k.png

The official placing of LNFSG ft. JT for this week is #20 on the proper New Zealand charts too: http://nztop40.co.nz

Even if the best we can hope for, in the UK and US, is #2 or #3, that will still be excellent. Especially as it looks like we might have stronger singles and a longer chart run, when compared to recent (post 2009) MJ albums.

Exactly. While #1 would be nice, it's more important that it has a long chart run.

They weren't prepared that Deluxe would outsell normal version:no:
Yesterday I went hunting for Deluxe version and it was sold out in many places but they had normal version available in every music shop. People working on those shops said that they only got few of Deluxes, and of course they were sold out. I got the last one they had on the shop on display, huh:candy:

Hopefully those shops will order more, as I really felt like I'm going to start giving out to their stupidity:D

@Seany, were did you find out that?

I am sorry but this is a poor excuse. From Day 1, Deluxe had been outselling the normal version on both Amazon & iTunes. This is as much Sony's fault as Amazon and retailers.

SMDH

If he doesn't get #1 it may never happen again. This is his best chance. Next week, Coldplay will release their album with 3 months-worth of pre-orders.

If he doesn't get #1 it may never happen again. This is his best chance. Next week, Coldplay will release their album with 3 months-worth of pre-orders.

It's not a tragedy if he doesn't go #1.
#2, #3 is still pretty good for a posthumus album and longevity on the charts is a lot more important.

I think the bulk of MJ's sales will be physical as is the case with most veteran artists, they are usually not very good digital sellers. But his digital placings are still pretty great, so that is encouraging - it tells me that in addition to the hardcore fans (who mostly buy physical copies), younger fans are also buying it.

If MJ lose against Coldplay that would be ok (although I don't care about them at all), but against Black Keys that would be disappointing and little embarrassing especially in US.

If MJ lose against Coldplay that would be ok (although I don't care about them at all), but against Black Keys that would be disappointing and little embarrassing especially in US.

Embarrassing? Why? Their last two albums went Platinum in the US. And there were already two singles released from this current album - one with a video.

They are on place 3 on the world-wide i-tunes-charts behind Coldplay and MJ

Remember guys, Michael Jackson albums generally do much better with in-store sales. His fan base has always preferred going into the store and buying a physical copy. In the US market, Xscape is competing with the new Black Keys album, the new NOW album, and the Frozen soundtrack. A top 5 debut is almost guaranteed. It will be interesting to see. My guess is:

1. Black Keys
2. Xscape
3. NOW
4. Frozen soundtrack

A #2 debut isn't bad.... but MJ hasn't had a #1 album since the TII soundtrack debuted in 2009. Even though Number Ones was #1 for 6 weeks in the US, Billboard didn't acknowledge that, and has it's highest position at #13:beee:

Lets try our best, all of you in the US market please go out and buy this album AS MUCH as you can. All in separate transactions! We need to do our very best to get MJ to #1

I think the bulk of MJ's sales will be physical as is the case with most veteran artists, they are usually not very good digital sellers. But his digital placings are still pretty great, so that is encouraging - it tells me that in addition to the hardcore fans (who mostly buy physical copies), younger fans are also buying it.

I agree with this - and I hope that MJ will win on physical sales, by quite a long way. :angel:

I am sorry but this is a poor excuse. From Day 1, Deluxe had been outselling the normal version on both Amazon & iTunes. This is as much Sony's fault as Amazon and retailers.

SMDH

Really? I wasn't aware that Sony could FORCE Amazon to take more copies than they asked for? Is this some new arrangement between the two companies that I was not aware of?

:smilerolleyes:

Anyone knows why the Estate isnt doing this?

I mean that they release for instance three singles over a 8-10 week period before releasing the album. Is it to prevent a leak and/or because they need to do other forms of PR because its a posthumous album?

Really? I wasn't aware that Sony could FORCE Amazon to take more copies than they asked for? Is this some new arrangement between the two companies that I was not aware of?

:smilerolleyes:

Well, obviously you know little about buyers-sellers relationship.

:)

They can't force them, but there are other ways.

Anyway, the most important matter to me, is MJ getting to #1 in the US. I know he will sell well worldwide. but the US is his home turf and a market he often struggled with.

Last edited:
He's back in the top 50 on the Pop/top 40 airplay chart now:

POP

39 50 M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So Good 451 1016 -565 2.524

HOT AC

38 35 M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So Good 381 393 -12 2.190

+61 Spins
+40 Bullet
+0.258 Audience

AC

16 19 M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So G... 238 264 -26 4.017

+31 Spins
+21 Bullet
+0.694 Audience

URBAN AC

17 15 M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So G... 638 427 211 6.900

+26 Spins
-19 Bullet
-0.012 Audience

URBAN

48 47 M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So Good 386 353 33 1.836

+30 Spins
+10 Bullet
+0.065 Audience

RHYTHMIC (Mock-Up)

?? ?? M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So Good 145 56 89 1.246

-9 Spins
-3 Bullet
-0.339 Audience

M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE – Love Never Felt So Good: 21.050 (+1.123)

And the estimated sales for this week:

1. Problem 255,000
2. Fancy 234,000
3. Happy 158,000
4. All Of Me 146,000
5. Turn Down For What 135,000
6. A Sky Full Of Stars 108,000
7. Love Never Felt So Good 107,000
8. Am I Wrong 97,000
9. Wiggle 90,000
10. Me And My Broken Heart 87,000

http://kworb.net/cc/