Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

yeah, they make him look as if he's wearing a wig. I know he did wear one but they do not have to make it so fake, no sideburns? His eyes look great but the rest of the photo looks like an artwork done by some art student. not professional and not appealing at all! They seriously have no idea what looks great and what don't. The picture has him way out of proportion with no/short neck, narrow shoulder, and fake hair. Not trying to be negative here but i honestly don't like it.

Everyone here likes (loves, adores) the cover except you and one more member. Maybe the problem is with you, not the cover?

Everyone here likes (loves, adores) the cover except you and one more member. Maybe the problem is with you, not the cover?
Relax.

Is it just me, or does it look better flipped?

1_zpse96cfb6e.png

Could we create a 2nd THREAD for FACTS-Only???

this one here will be a discussion thread without any overview, right ;)

Once everything steadies the team will put to organising things to better stream discussion and information ;)

:wub: :heart: :give_heart:

As a matter of fact, you're the only person who's bragging about it and I'm in MANY groups, lmao.

MJ.com still not updated as I see.
The general public aren't fans like us who stay on here waiting for the announcement. They haven't seen this or might not be interested in it enough to give an opinion even if they feel that way. plus, most MJ fans like anything MJ related and wouldnt give an honest opinion.

The general public aren't fans like us who stay here waiting for the announcement. They haven't seen this or might not be interested in it enough to give an opinion even if they feel that way. plus, most MJ fans like anything MJ related and wouldnt give an honest opinion.

I am on many MJ-related groups. Better?

Do we have any idea how much this deluxe addition is going to cost and what it will include?

For the album cover I'm just happy that they didn't use a picture of Michael from the Thriller era.

Looks great. Look forward to hearing a single from the album before the actual album drops.

Is it just me or is the cover based on the same picture they used for the 30th anniversary celebration promo picture (the one with the candle)?
I love the cover, and no 80ies MJ. the jaw/mouth part could be a bit better, but I love it! What an improvement (compared to the cover from 2010!)

I've noticed one thing. On the producer list, there stands John McClain, who also co-produced This is it, as far as I know. I really hope that is not the sign for "Love never felt so good" will be inluceded on the final tracklist, an another Michael Jackson - Paul Anka track.
I really hope they only take songs after from and after Invincible. The vocals from Michael should not sound very different. Don't take songs from many areas Estate, which does not allow the album to sound uniformly. It's only a guess from me, but I don't want "Love never felt so good" on this album. Please not.

Do we have any idea how much this deluxe addition is going to cost and what it will include?

Don't know about the price, but they said the deluxe will include the unedited versions, so the demos.

Hm, I think everyone here is entitled to their own opinion and taste. I'm not entirely sold on the cover either, and I do think it could have been executed a little better but I'm glad so many others like it. I can see the futuristic theme being something Michael would have done.

WOW! I AM SO EXCITED! Was surprised by the cover art! Very futuristic! I like! So gettin the Deluxe edition! :woohoo: The cover makes sense with the title Xscape! MJ look like a planet....that I don't want to Xscape! Haha ;D

I've been looking for that as well but can't find anything. Probably will just have to wait until tomorrow.

from MJ.com
"A SDeluxe edition of Xscape will include a selection of the recordings in their original recordings"

I'm disappointed. Why not release them all untouched? Currently I can't be happy at all with the album

I've noticed one thing. On the producer list, there stands John McClain, who also co-produced This is it, as far as I know.
He's the guy who also messed up with BTM & MTS

Don't know about the price, but they said the deluxe will include the unedited versions, so the demos.
Well...I guess we will just have to wait and see then. Thank you . also I am SO EXCITED for these original demos....I could scream!!!!??.....lolol.

I imagine we will find out more re. prices and tracklisting tomorrow, when the pre-orders open. If not later today... There is an iTunes link to the Xscape album in the pressreleases but atm it just goes to the iTunes artist page for MJ.

I would say something like this:

1. Escape (produced by Rodney Jerkins)
2. Slave To The Rhythm (produced by Timbaland)
3. Chicago 1945 (produced by Rodney Jerkins & Timbaland)
4. Blue Gangsta (produced by John McClain)
5. A Place With No Name (produced by John McClain)
6. Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me (produced by Rodney Jerkins)
7. Unknown (produced by Stargate)
8. Unknown (produced by Stargate)

from MJ.com
"A SDeluxe edition of Xscape will include a selection of the recordings in their original recordings"

I'm disappointed. Why not release them all untouched? Currently I can't be happy at all with the album

He's the guy who also messed up with BTM & MTS

The official press release on the MJ website is chopped and edited to all hell. The actual press release says that "all songs" will be released in their original version.

And messed up? More like made them listenable.

No. First off, just because Rodney is included doesn't mean CGYWOOM will be released. He has other unreleased songs after all. Secondly, that gives us three unheard songs. There is no way in hell that I would buy that.

There has to be at least four new songs or I'm not getting it. It's a new album and may be the last one we get for some time and I'm not going to spend money just getting songs I already have. I don't really care if they are in CD quality or not.

No negativity though. I'm thrilled and I won't be disappointed unless I'm given a reason to be.

I wonder what the deluxe artwork will look like? Maybe a black background instead or something... ^_^

I really hope they only take songs after from and after Invincible.

Not gonna happen. You already have Slave To The Rhythm (1989) and Chicago (1985) if MJ didn't re-record it for Invincible.

Im so happy that Sony ....at last ....release a album With New songs so I really dont care about the prize at all.
I want the deluxe edition......15 USD or 30USD or.....again I dont care :)

No Cascios - ****breathes huggeeee sigh of relief****

Love the cover and track listing #JobDone

No Cascios - ****breathes huggeeee sigh of relief****

Love the cover and track listing #JobDone

what is the track list??

Why not DYKWYCA on Your list....due to lyrics?

Oh yeah. For the love of God do NOT put DYKWYCA on this release. Let's try to have one album without any negativity whatsoever.

Back