Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

How do you know LNFSG is added to this album because of business agreement? Paul A released a duets album last year, and This Is It with Mj was in it, so I think TII in his album was the only agreement between Anka and Estate.

I think Roger Friedman did an article about it back when TII was released. Anka was pissed about royalties or something and the estate made a deal with him, in which John McClain agreed to put LNFSG on MJ's second posthumous album.

I think Roger Friedman did an article about it back when TII was released. Anka was pissed about royalties or something and the estate made a deal with him, in which John McClain agreed to put LNFSG on MJ's second posthumous album.

Roger is an a..hole and writes loads of crap, so pay no attention to his half truths.

After finding out that Anka was collaborator for TII, the estate agreed to give him 50% credits and royalties. There was no need for the estate give him more than his is entitled to.

Btw, Anka is a..hole too:angry:
If it was up to me, his name should not be associated with Michael's name in any ways.

Roger is an a..hole and writes loads of crap, so pay no attention to his half truths.

After finding out that Anka was collaborator for TII, the estate agreed to give him 50% credits and royalties. There was no need for the estate give him more than his is entitled to.

Btw, Anka is a..hole too:angry:
If it was up to me, his name should not be associated with Michael's name in any ways.

I never heard of him until TII.

Paul who?

I never heard of him until TII.

Paul who?

Don't tell that to Anka as he has oversized ego for a has-been :cheeky:

10151886_753445428021523_4164388797139123398_n.jpg

The alarm siren on Xscape, at the beginning of the song, I wonder whether it comes from the movie Terminator 2 - The Judgment Day. (The escape scene of Sarah Connor from the psychiatric clinic.)

LNFSG was included because paul anka and john mcclain are great friends.
I wonder why would Mj work with paul anka in the first place since his songs are so below average. He's lucky he happened to make a song with the same title as MJ's concert title that it's even given a release. Or Probably John mcclain old school taste likes what paul anka did so he included all of PA songs in an MJ album purely based on his personal likes.

Last edited:

To whomever said to get rid of the sirens in the opening of Xscape (the song), I completely disagree.. I hope the sirens and helicopter sounds are left in (although maybe lowered in volume a bit) because I love the cinematic aura it creates right at the start of the song.. Like letting the listener know from the get-go that this is a hard hitting, powerful song that needs to be heard...
Open Up 6.... HE'S GONE!!!! boop boop boop boop = AWESOME adds a lot to the song IMO

Open Up 6.... HE'S GONE!!!! boop boop boop boop = AWESOME adds a lot to the song IMO

They had to have been thinking about short film potential with all of the sound effects.

AlwaysThere;3980001 said:
The idea that Xscape is going to sell as much as albums from Bruno Mars or Justin Timberlake is absolutely ludicrous. Public opinion of Michael is majorly low. You see how unenthusiastic most news reporters are to be talking about this new album, simply because they don't care. Whenever an article on Michael is posted, there are dozens of comments that simply point out his trials and tribulations rather than the article's content. (This is amplified considering the Wade Robson case is about to see a court date to determine whether or not its viable.) I myself heard three people making fun of him just last night. No amount of promotion is going to change that.

Much of Michael's success in the past five years has been due to the Cirque du Soleil shows as well as the albums he himself released. Posthumous releases next to never see that type of commercial success, regardless of how much promotion or effort is put into it.

We all need to keep our expectations in check, because I know how the fan community works. We're going to get our hopes sky high and when they fall, everyone is going to blame the estate and/or Sony for whatever reason, completely ambivalent to the fact that it's their own fault for expecting too much. It's what happened with Bad 25 and it will happen again.

Fact: Michael shipped out three million copies worldwide to record stores in December 2010. As of right now, about 2.5 million of them have been sold. The album sold somewhere in the vicinity of 700k in the United States.

Have you read this article by Zack/Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackoma...ael-jackson-beyonce-and-jay-z-have-in-common/

jaris32 4 days ago

Hey Zack, I have good idea that I think would work even better than Beyonce’s album launch. Michael’s estate should work out an arrangement with Facebook where they send like a direct message to all 70 million of Michael Jackson’s facebook followers (people who have already been following him as of the date of the launch) with a link to were they can buy the album at a special price of just $3.99. That’s as cheap as some ring tones. If they make it a limited time one day offer and it is targeted to people who are known to be a fan since they already liked the page then imagine if just a third of the 70 million fans make the purchase. That’s about 23 million albums sold in one day. Even though it is discounted to $3.99 it doesn’t matter cause it is a digital download and there is no cost for printing the cd or packaging and at $3.99 a piece times 23 million that equals $91.77 million with one day of sales. Even if they sold only half that amount it would be astronomical for one day of sales. I think a facebook album launch would be the next genius idea for an album launch and would work way better than the Itunes launch that Beyonce did.

The other half?? :

BkFX-j_IgAAxFC2.jpg

I prefer Xscape as the first single (judging by the new snippets of Xscape + STTR)

I heard the Tempermental & Pras remix of Blue Gangsta on the radio back in 2003 had no idea back then that it was originally a solo record i just assumed MJ teamed up with them but at the same time wasn't sure if it was MJ

I hope we get something today. news, single, just something!! :)

ok. then here is the youtube upload...

I really like the new promo!! - it says promo short - do you think a longer version will come??

Can't wait for the first single!!!!

A little bit of light entertainment while we are waiting for news :ciao:

Rumor Has It That Britney Spears MAY Appear On Michael Jackson’s New Album ‘Xscape’
'We Are Kings'

Early last week we learned that a new posthumous album from Michael Jackson will be released next month and a day later we got to hear a snippet of the album’s title track Xscape. Since the announcement was made, fans have been trying to figure out which previously unreleased MJ songs may appear on the album. Fans on the message board at MichaelJackson.com have compiled a list of songs that are supposedly among the songs that MJ recorded but never released … but nothing official has been announced regarding song titles or song production credits (tho we do know that Timbaland is the album’s lead producer and there will be contributions from Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and Jerome J-Roc Harmon). Among the rumored songs that MAY appear on the album is supposedly a song titled We Are Kings … which features guest vocals from Britney Spears, Madonna and Justin Timberlake. UM, say what?

040614_britmjrumor.jpg

We Are The Kings – (Michael Jackson)
Written and recorded in 2004.
Recorded by Jackson featuring Madonna, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.
Have a piece of one song unreleased of Elvis Presley.

I Love You More – (Michael Jackson)
Written and recorded in 2005.
Recorded by Jackson featuring Britney Spears.
Acordding with Jackson it’s a continuation of the another song.
Also know as I Love You Too.

I am not at all familiar with these rumored unreleased songs. I’m sure that longtime Michael Jackson fans have managed to successfully compile information regarding possible unreleased songs but nothing has been officially confirmed. That said, I find it VERY exciting and entirely plausible that MJ recorded these songs, We Are Kings and I Love You More, which MIGHT feature vocals from our dear Britney Spears. At this point, it’s all rumor and conjecture … and I fear wishful thinking. That said, we may learn very soon that a new old Michael Jackson/Britney Spears duet may soon be released … and wouldn’t that be THE MOST AMAZING THING IN THE WORLD?
--------------------------------------

MJ recorded a song with Madonna, Justin T and Britney and named it We Are The Kings :D

bullshit. at least when they mentioned timberfake and spears with the king and the queen. cannot imagine that. thats far away from reality.

I'd rather he record a song with lady gaga than with these hasbeens? bs, madonna, and timberfake IMHO

I heard the Tempermental & Pras remix of Blue Gangsta on the radio back in 2003 had no idea back then that it was originally a solo record i just assumed MJ teamed up with them but at the same time wasn't sure if it was MJ

Something caught my attention today:
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/apps-services/offers/hearing-is-believing/

They say "
The promotional offer is only valid with the purchase of Xperia™ Z2, Xperia™ Z2 Tablet, Xperia™ M2, Xperia™ M2 Dual, Xperia™ Z1S** devices and is not transferable and may not be sold or bartered. One album per eligible device only. Redemption through the Xperia Lounge app that is or should be installed in the device. This promotion runs until 31 May, 2014 and album must be redeemed by 15 June, 2014

So it is only free till 15th June only ??!

It's badass indeed! I bet many more people would be happier if that was the cover.

I LOVE the cover they have already chosen, its current and something I personally think Michael would have liked, with this new promo, this would look cool on the back of the album with the track listing going down it, or even on the inside booklet.

Bubs;3980272 said:
A little bit of light entertainment while we are waiting for news :ciao:

Rumor Has It That Britney Spears MAY Appear On Michael Jackson’s New Album ‘Xscape’
'We Are Kings'

Early last week we learned that a new posthumous album from Michael Jackson will be released next month and a day later we got to hear a snippet of the album’s title track Xscape. Since the announcement was made, fans have been trying to figure out which previously unreleased MJ songs may appear on the album. Fans on the message board at MichaelJackson.com have compiled a list of songs that are supposedly among the songs that MJ recorded but never released … but nothing official has been announced regarding song titles or song production credits (tho we do know that Timbaland is the album’s lead producer and there will be contributions from Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and Jerome J-Roc Harmon). Among the rumored songs that MAY appear on the album is supposedly a song titled We Are Kings … which features guest vocals from Britney Spears, Madonna and Justin Timberlake. UM, say what?

040614_britmjrumor.jpg

We Are The Kings – (Michael Jackson)
Written and recorded in 2004.
Recorded by Jackson featuring Madonna, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.
Have a piece of one song unreleased of Elvis Presley.

I Love You More – (Michael Jackson)
Written and recorded in 2005.
Recorded by Jackson featuring Britney Spears.
Acordding with Jackson it’s a continuation of the another song.
Also know as I Love You Too.

I am not at all familiar with these rumored unreleased songs. I’m sure that longtime Michael Jackson fans have managed to successfully compile information regarding possible unreleased songs but nothing has been officially confirmed. That said, I find it VERY exciting and entirely plausible that MJ recorded these songs, We Are Kings and I Love You More, which MIGHT feature vocals from our dear Britney Spears. At this point, it’s all rumor and conjecture … and I fear wishful thinking. That said, we may learn very soon that a new old Michael Jackson/Britney Spears duet may soon be released … and wouldn’t that be THE MOST AMAZING THING IN THE WORLD?
--------------------------------------

MJ recorded a song with Madonna, Justin T and Britney and named it We Are The Kings :D

F*** those scammers on wikipedia. This is their fault. I don't understand why wikipedia allows this. One MJ fan should edit that list and ask them to lock that page.

I'd rather he record a song with lady gaga than with these hasbeens? bs, madonna, and timberfake IMHO

oh please no! :busted:

tidus72000;3980279 said:
Something caught my attention today:
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/apps-services/offers/hearing-is-believing/

They say " The promotional offer is only valid with the purchase of Xperia™ Z2, Xperia™ Z2 Tablet, Xperia™ M2, Xperia™ M2 Dual, Xperia™ Z1S** devices and is not transferable and may not be sold or bartered. One album per eligible device only. Redemption through the Xperia Lounge app that is or should be installed in the device. This promotion runs until 31 May, 2014 and album must be redeemed by 15 June, 2014

So it is only free till 15th June only ??!

thats what they believe and hope. :D

Back